Twist

Cat Quest

 

I immediately went to Jeonju, our hometown to see Gran even if it was already late at night. I told Gran what happened. Everything. I even told her that I love Tiffany.

She was shocked at first but she didn't scold me. Maybe she knew that I'm gay. It's not a big deal to her.

"So Tiffany completed the mission, I see," Gran said nodding.

"Where is she Gran? I want her back, please. I want to see her again," I begged holding her arm like my life will depend on it.

Gran sighed "I'm afraid I can't do that Taeyeon," she sadly stated.

I didn't expect that answer from her. She's a witch, she has power or magic. Tiffany was her pet. She could bring her back if she wanted.

"But why Gran, she was your pet." I'm holding my tears back. My body started to shake.

Gran sighed again "She wasn't really my pet."

"What do you mean Gran? She told me that she was your pet. A witch's pet and you sent her to me to fulfill her mission," I reminded her in case she forgot. My heart was beating fast, I was anxious thinking that I won't see Tiffany again.

"Because I told her that, she believed. She was under my spell Taeyeon," Gran held my hand on her arm.

"Under your spell?" I looked at her confused.

"Tiffany is a human. She's neither my pet nor a cat. The truth is I punished her because of her rude behavior. She was a spoiled brat from abroad. I saw her in the public market and she was treating everybody bad. So I did it, I punished her."

I feel my head is swirling because of what Gran told me. My mind can't process it.

Tiffany is human. It keeps echoing in my head.

Should I be happy to hear that she's a human?

"I put a spell on her to become a cat and gave her a mission," Gran explained.

"But where is she now?"

"I don't know kid. Maybe she's with her family. I heard that she just came here for vacation. Maybe she's back to abroad."

My heart plummeted hearing that and tears escaped from my eyes.

"And kid, you should know that she will be erased in people's mind who know her at your school. She will be forgotten like she never existed there." 

I swallowed hard. She will be forgotten like she never existed? Are you kidding me? I can't accept it.

This revelation is killing me.

"But what happened there will not change. It's just... Tiffany disappeared from the scene," she added.

I frowned "What about Tiffany, will she still remember me?"

"I'm sorry kid... no she won't but she learned her lesson."

My little hope was crashed and shattered until it was completely gone. 

I'm hopeless.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon... I didn't expect that this will happen, that you will love her but no one should remember this except us. Yes, I'm witch so we need to hide it for our safety," Gran hugged me and patted my back.

"I'm sorry for causing you pain kid," she rocked me back and forth.

It soothed me a bit but the pain was insufferable, it took my emotions all at once.

"You should take a rest now kid."

I don't think I can do that knowing that the love of my life will never coming back.

 

 

×

I decided to extend this story.❤

What do you think guys?

 


To Twinjung88,
        I like how you perceive my story and how you make assumptions. I appreciate it. Thank you. 😘 - Naru