I'm Sorry

Cat Quest

 

 

I kept fidgeting while waiting for Miss Lee Da Hee. We already ordered our food then she excused herself to go to the restroom.

We went to a restaurant that I'm not familiar with. It looks classy and meals are expensive. I don't like the ambiance here, I feel uncomfortable.

People here are well dressed, it's obvious that they are upper classes.

Well, Miss Lee is always dressed to kill but don't get me wrong, she's a really down to earth woman with no pretensions. Her family is famous because of their kindness, they have charities that help many people.

I was pondering when I saw Miss Lee walking back to our table. Guys were glancing at her, admiring her beauty.

She was smiling at me as she sat across the table.

I smiled back at her.

"Are you okay Taeyeon?" She comfortably leaned her back on the chair.

I nodded "Yes Miss Lee," I answered nervously.

Miss Lee raised her eyebrows "Drop the Miss, just call me Da Hee. I'm not that old." She playfully said.

"Umm... Da Hee?" It was kinda uncomfortable.

"Yes?"

"Is this really a date?" I asked timidly as I lowered my head.

Her smile grew widely "Why?"

"Umm... I just want to clear things..."

"Why?" She asked again.

"Because it's not really a date right? It's just a dinner... err..."

Da Hee giggled "You're so cute, Taeyeon. If you think that way, just let it be. It kinda hurts me though," she smiled. I couldn't tell if she was telling the truth or it was just a wisecrack.

I frowned.

"Okay okay... this is just a friendly date. Are you dating Seolhyun?"

I shook my head.

"Oh I thought that she's your girlfriend," she tapped her fingers on the table.

"She's just a friend," I confirmed.

She nodded "Why?"

I just shrugged.

"You don't like her?"

"I like her as a friend."

"Smart mouth then date me?"

My mouth fell open. Seriously?

"Too bad, I don't want to be rejected," she dramatically sighed. "Let's go back to business, I invited you because I want to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Actually, it's not really me but my friend asked me a favor to talk to you. He's a manager in a Entertainment Company, he was with me at the concert and he saw you singing. He likes you and he wants you to become a trainee," Da Hee explained.

Trainee? Me? Is this real?

"You can be a soloist, Taeyeon."

"Are you serious?" I asked dubiously. "Me?!"

Da Hee nodded without hesitation "Of course, yes."

"But I'm studying... I'm sorry but I want to focus on my studies."

"Are you sure? It's a big opportunity Taeyeon."

"I never thought of this," I massaged my temple.

"Just take your time to think about it, I will wait for you until you're certain with your answer," she winked at me.

"Thank you," I rubbed my shoulder.

"No, thank you for coming here with me."

"Are we friends now?"

She pouted "I thought we already are. Remember? This is just a friendly date."

I smiled "Okay."

Then the waiter came to us and served our food.


 

-


 

In front of our dorm, I went out of Da Hee's car and she also did the same then came to me.

"Thank you for the dinner Da Hee," I smiled. She's really awesome and I'm comfortable with her. I think she's really good with people. 

"No problem, I hope that you will accept my offer," she winked at me then giggled.

I bowed my head, I'm not sure about it.

"Don't worry I'm not rushing you, just take your time to think. I'll wait," she held my shoulder and caressed it. "Good night Taeyeon."

"Okay, good night. Drive safely."

Da Hee leaned forward to me and kissed my cheek "Thank you," she walked around the car and went inside the driver's seat

I waved goodbye and her car started to run, I followed it with my eyes until it faded in my sight.

"How's your date?"

I startled and turned to the voice. I sighed in relief when I saw Seolhyun "Oh Seolhyun..."

I frowned. What is she doing here?

"You had fun with her," she concluded. "And what's the offer huh?" I could sense jealousy.

"What are you doing here? It's kinda late."

She snorted "Why? Am I not allow to be here?"

"No, of course not."

"Taeyeon... you know that I have feelings for you but still, you accepted the date. I know, we're not in a relationship but... I can't help it, I get jealous." She sadly said.

She doesn't deserve this, I don't want her to be like this. I feel really bad for her.

"Seolhyun... I'm sorry..."

"No it's okay. You're not my girlfriend, I'm sorry if I'm like this. I hope you're not mad," she lowered her head ashamed.

I shook my head "No, I'm not mad but Seolhyun..."

She looked up at me and frowned.

"I'm sorry... I can't. My answer is no." I finally answered.

Her eyes widened and she looked terrified "W-what?"

"I'm sorry but I can't accept your love, you're just a friend to me." I forced to say those words, it was harder than I thought. Damn it. Guilt was eating me.

"You don't have to answer me yet," she stuttered.

"But I don't want to give you false hope. I'm sorry."

"Why Taeyeon? Why don't you give me a chance?" Her voice cracked. My heart clenched just hearing her like that. It also breaks me, I don't want to hurt her.

"Because I already love someone else," I genuinely replied.

Her tears ran down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Seolhyun..."

She shook her head and forced a smile "No it's okay... I understand Taeyeon... really... I do..." She stepped back.

"Seolhyun-"

"It's really okay, I understand now..." she stumbled on the ground.

I was about to help her but she gestured to me to stop. She wiped her tears then quickly got up.

"Don't worry, I won't force you and I can handle this." Her voice quivered.

I want to hug her and tell that everything will be fine. I want to comfort her but I'm the reason why she's like this.

"Goodnight Taeyeon," she turned around then hastily walked away.

"Seolhyun..." I mumbled.

I'm really sorry.


 

×