Mission Completed

Cat Quest

 

 

Okay... This is happening she's in love with me but why did she reject me? Why would she do that? I'm certain she already has feelings for me because you can't just fall in love within a day. And I can feel it, we have a special connection. I don't care if it's because of being master and pet but still, we have this strong bond.

"But you rejected me," I blurted out. It still confused me.

"Yes Taeyeon, I did that although I always knew that I'm also falling for you," she sadly said.

"But why? I don't understand Tiffany... why?"

"I'm avoiding this to happen Taeyeon, this situation," her tears began to fall down her cheeks.

I frowned "Why are you crying? And why are you avoiding this?" 

I have a bad feeling about this.

"I'm in love with you Taeyeon and you told me that you're also in love with me," she bit her lower lip.

"What's wrong with that? We should be happy," I exclaimed as I held her soft hand.

"I know," she sobbed and I frowned more.

"But you're crying Tiffany... you're crying not because of happiness. I can feel it, you're... you're sad?" I asked still puzzled.

Tiffany wrapped her arms around my waist and buried her face on my shoulder, she's crying and I can feel her sadness.

This is bad, I can sense it.

"Tiffany... tell me, what's wrong?" I pleaded. Tears were starting to form in my eyes.

I don't like this feeling.

"Because of that Tae... that means I completed the mission," her voice was trembling.

"But you should be happy, you will be free now," I encouraged her.

She shook her head "This will also mean goodbye."

Terror overtook my face, I pulled away and saw Tiffany was slowly fading like she's being invisible.

My eyes widened and my tears were falling down like rain "What's happening to you? You're... you're fading..." I muttered.

Tiffany gave an eye smile but it also showed sadness "If I completed the mission, I'll be free from the ownership and I'll be gone."

"What? Why didn't you tell me that?" I asked in disbelief.

"Because I never knew that I'd fall in love with you, my master. I thought it's not a big deal."

I sobbed "No Tiffany... you can't just leave me like this. No..." I held her cheeks as I sniffled.

"You're warm," she smiled. "I rejected you because I wanted to be with you more, just a little more time but I can't just stand and watch you starting to like Seolhyun."

I feel something heavy in my chest and I'm shaking uncontrollably. 

I don't want to lose Tiffany.

I hate this situation, I was selfish and I was hurting her without knowing. That was hard for her. She's just taking all the pain.

"But I realized even if I push you to Seolhyun, this will happen. No matter what I do, this will be the ending. So... now, I'm confessing my real feelings for you. I love you Taeyeon and I'm happy because I met you," she kissed my forehead.

"It's okay to me to complete my mission knowing they we both love each other. I will always be happy with this even if I'm gone," she kissed the tip of my nose.

"Don't say that please..." I begged.

My world is falling down.

"Please take care of yourself Taeyeon, you'll always be in my heart. I love you..." She leaned forward and about to kiss me on lips.

I closed my eyes and waited but the kiss never happened.

She's gone.

My legs became jelly and I collapsed on the floor. My heart is breaking into pieces. All my hopes are gone.

I cried.

And cried.

Sobbed.

Sniffled.

Till no more tears were falling.

It's just... we're getting started then it only took few minutes to end it. Why the world is being unfair to us? Why can't we just be together? Our relationship that I wished would work out for the rest of my life, just came to an end with a jumble of differing emotions: heartache, loss, anger and uncertainty.

I feel empty inside.

This emptiness is forcing me to feel displeased and upset with my life.

She took my heart with her.

I can't imagine my life without Tiffany, she's my happiness.

But there's this little hope in my heart, I suddenly remember Gran. Maybe she could help me... she could help me bring back Tiffany.

I hope.

I quickly stood up "I should go home to talk with Gran about this matter," I wiped my tears.

Hope. It’s all I can do, I have no choice. It’s all I can depend on, I guess, I’m being desperate but it is what it is. It’s what makes us human; to hope and never give up.

And this little hope makes me keep going. 



 

×