Anymore

Cat Quest

 

 

 

 

As I stared at her, speechless and dumbfounded. She's ravishing as always and I can tell something changed in her.

Her eyebrows raised "You know me?" She asked surprised.

I frowned "Huh?"

"You said my name," she reminded.

My breath hitched. She doesn't remember anything?

"D-do you remember me?" I asked nervously.

She looked perplexed "Remember you? Did we meet before? I'm sorry but I don't remember."

"But you called my name," I muttered.

She heard it and smiled "Of course, the crowd was cheering for you Kim Taeyeon and you really have a beautiful voice."

Something in my stomach plummeted. 

Tears are starting to form in my eyes. Geez. I need to hold it back. She doesn't know anything, Taeyeon.

"So you don't know me,"I concluded.

"Should I know you?" Tiffany asked confused.

I merely shook my head.

"You seem familiar though, and you know my name. How did you know my name?" She asked more attentive.

I gulped silently "I just guessed it."

She raised a brow "Really huh? Good guess." She seemed not convinced though.

Why do I feel disappointed? She doesn't remember me like what Gran told me. I should be happy. Of course I'm happy to see her but it's just hurt because the person you love doesn't know you anymore.

It hurts the out of me. Definitely.

Suddenly she will just show up here without any idea.

"Are you okay Miss Kim Taeyeon?"

I sadly nodded "Are you a student here?"

Her expression brightened "Yes! I'm a new transfer student from abroad!" She excitedly announced.

I remember Gran told me that she's from abroad.

"Okay. I need to go. Nice to meet you Miss Tiffany," I excused myself.

Her face saddened "You're going?"

I need to avoid her, it kills me just seeing her being oblivious. I can't stand it. It hurts me, the pain is  eating the whole me.

"Yes."

"I thought we can be friends..." She said.

"We can be friends," she gave me an eye smile. I missed those eye smile. It makes me want to hug her but I won't do that. She'd think that I'm weird.

"Really? Thank you!" She held my hand. It gives me a lot of energy. I swear, my heart became alive again.

I snatched my hand from her "Sure."

"Taeyeon!" Someone called me and we both turned to the voice. 

It's familiar to me, it's Seolhyun.

"Taeyeon, why did you run away?" Seolhyun asked panting.

"Sorry..." I couldn't answer her. Tiffany doesn't remember anything so it would be weird to say I ran to follow her.

"It's okay..." Seolhyun walked closer to me and held my arm "Anyway, you did a great job on stage. I didn't know that you have a very beautiful voice when you sing. Now you're famous," she claimed.

"T-thank you..."

"Hi," Tiffany greeted Seolhyun.

We looked at her.

"Yes?" Seolhyun asked.

"I'm Tiffany Hwang, a transfer student from abroad and I'm Taeyeon's new friend," she bowed to us.

"Oh... I'm Kim Seolhyun," she also bowed to her.

"Kim Seolhyun? The captain of swimming team? Wow amazing, you're really beautiful in person." Tiffany complimented.

"Thank you," Seolhyun replied. She looked indifferent.

"I-I have to go now," I said.

Seolhyun looked sad "Why? Don't you want to celebrate? I'll treat you dinner," she offered.

I feel bad but I have to refuse her "Sorry Seolhyun, I need to finish my report. It's due tomorrow," I lied.

Seolhyun pouted then smiled "Okay, I understand but let me treat you lunch tomorrow."

I nodded "Thanks."

Seolhyun sweetly smiled then blushed.

"Okay... um... see you around new friends," Tiffany suddenly said. "Annyeong," she waved goodbye.

"Gotta go Seolhyun, see you tomorrow," I smiled.

"Okay, see you Taeyeon."

 


-

 


I went straight to my dorm unit.

I can't process what just happened. Tiffany is a transfer student here from abroad and she doesn't remember me. 

All of sudden, she showed up here then became my new friend. The fate must be playing with me. Is this some kind of joke? I'm trying to move on here then this happened. 

I sat on my bed and sighed. I should avoid her then. That's the least I can do.

My eyes landed on the bowl of water. 

"Fany..." 

I looked around but I didn't see her. I stood up to find her all over my place but she's not here. 

Worries clouded my features then I saw my window, it's slightly open. Fudge! I forgot to close it. 

Maybe she went outside.

No... not Fany! 

I hastily went outside my dorm to look for her, I don't want to lose that little kitten.

Just thinking that she's lost makes me feel anxious. Maybe she's scared somewhere, I hope nothing bad happened to her.

I pulled my hair in distress, I feel so down. I just want to disappear. My life is always a mess.

I really want to give up. At this point, I've reached my limit.

I unconsciously turned to my side and saw a woman walking towards me, she's holding a white kitten.

My eyes widened in excitement, it's Fany!

But I realized that the woman was Tiffany. Tiffany is holding Fany?

Tiffany saw me and smiled "Taeyeon!" She sprinted to me.

"Fany..." I called as I stared at the kitten.

"This kitten is yours?" 

I nodded "Please don't tell anyone, I'm hiding her. Pets are not allowed here."

She smiled "Don't worry I can handle it. Let's go to our unit, the caretaker is waiting for us."

My forehead puckered "Wait. Did you say our unit?"

She just continued to smile then walked inside the building, I followed her.

Gosh, the caretaker will be mad if she saw the kitten.

I saw the caretaker in front of my unit with a big pink luggage.

We stopped there and the caretaker bowed to us, no, only to Tiffany.

"Welcome Miss Hwang!" The caretaker glanced at me "So you already met your roommate."

I frowned. Roommate? "Excuse me? Roommate?"

The caretaker glared at me, I gulped terrified.

"Miss Hwang will stay with you because there's no more vacant unit. All are occupied and have their roommates except you, Miss Kim," she informed.

"Yes, we will be roommates!" Tiffany excitedly said. 

Is this really happening?

Tiffany will be my roommate again? For real?

"Oh, can I keep this kitten?" Tiffany asked.

"No problem Miss Hwang. Just make sure it will not cause trouble here," the caretaker said.

Really huh? Just like that? But it's her rule. No pets allowed here.

"Okay, thank you," Tiffany smiled as she petted little Fany.

"By the way Miss Hwang, your bed and other stuffs will be moved tomorrow. Tonight, please just share the bed with Miss Kim," the caretaker informed.

Tiffany nodded "No problem. Thank you."

"Okay... That's all. I know your tired Miss Hwang, you two should rest now." The caretaker excused herself and left us.

"Let's get inside," Tiffany said.

I opened the door then we entered our unit as I placed Tiffany's luggage next to the cabinet.

"How? The caretaker just agreed with you," I said confused.

"Because this building is my uncle's property and he's also the owner of the University," Tiffany explained.

My mouth fell open. Tiffany's family is rich. Oh geez.

Tiffany sat on my bed and gently put little Fany next to her, the kitten was asleep.

"I approached you earlier to tell you about this. The caretaker told me your name so I wanted to confirm if it's really you, my roommate but I forgot to mention because we became friends. Now, I'm glad to know that my first friend here is my roommate," Tiffany said as she stared at me.

I averted my eyes from her, I couldn't stand to look at her because it hurts me "Thank you for taking Fany."

"Oh Fany? It's like my name Tiffany," she commented glancing at the kitten.

"Why Fany?" She asked curiously.

"It was just the pet name of the person I love, I used to call her that," I sadly replied.

"Ohhh really?" She seemed speechless.

"That little kitten really reminds me of her," I added.

Tiffany nodded "You looked worried when she got lost, I see."

I just nodded.

"Okay... I'll just take a shower and we sleep. Tomorrow will be my first day of school."

 

 

-

 

 

I didn't sleep much last night because of Tiffany, we shared in my bed and I couldn't help myself but to stare at her while she was asleep. I was engrossed because it felt surreal that she's here.

Her aura changed but I can still feel the Tiffany before, the Tiffany that I fell in love with.

I won't lie, I'm still hoping for us. I hope we still have a chance to be together.

Me and Tiffany were walking in the hallway as the students were kept glancing at us. 

Maybe they're looking at Tiffany. I can't blame them, she's stunning.

I stared at her schedule in my hand, I can't believe that we have almost the same classes. Almost.

I'm trying to avoid her but this fate, it's really annoying. All the conincidence, I just want to punch someone on its face. Damn.

Then suddenly a girl approached me, she handed me a can of energy drink.

"Please accept it Taeyeon-ssi," she bashfully said.

I reluctantly took it "Umm... thank you."

"I'm a fan of yours, you have a really beautiful voice," she complimented. "And you're also beautiful," she nervously said.

I massaged the nape of my neck "Oh... thank you."

"Fighting Taeyeon-ssi," the girl cheered and bowed.

I also bowed and smiled then she bolted away as she squealed in happiness.

"Oh, you're famous huh?" Tiffany said.

"Not really..."

"But everyone is glancing at you," she insisted. Her mood changed, I couldn't read her.

We continued walking to our first class when we saw Seolhyun and Nick in front of our classroom's door. They seemed waiting there as they both smiled to us.

"Nick!" Tiffany called as she sprinted to him and hugged him tightly. "I missed you!"

Nick chuckled as he hugged her back "I missed you too little sweet pie."

I frowned. They knew each other.

"You knew each other?" Seolhyun asked.

"Of course, we're..." Tiffany was interrupted by Nick.

"She's my girlfriend," Nick proudly announced as he put his arm around Tiffany's neck possessively.

My breath hitched. I felt my heart squeezed violently and it popped like a balloon.

They are together that's why they were close back then.

.

 

 


×