Not same old

Cat Quest

 

 

Lunch break.

Me and Tiffany are eating our lunch in the canteen, she's sitting across the table.

Many students greet her and some guys are giving her gifts like chocolate and flowers. She's just accepting it and giving them her famous eye smile.

It's annoying because they keep interrupting our lunch and I don't like those guys leering at her like she's a piece of meat. I really want to punch their faces but I need to control myself.

"Are you okay Taetae?" Tiffany sweetly asked.

I didn't answer her and just continue to eat.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked worried.

Of course not! I'm just pissed because you're giving everyone attention. I want all your attention to me!

I sighed. I can't say that. That sounds selfish and she's not even my girlfriend. Seriously Taeyeon? Girlfriend? I scoffed at myself. You are delusional to think of that.

"Taeyeon?" Tiffany snapped me out of my trance.

"No, let's just eat," I flatly said.

She looked sad "But-"

"Hi Tae and Tiff, can I join you?" Someone suddenly asked. We turned to the voice and saw Seolhyun holding her tray of food.

I smiled "Sure."

"Thanks," Seolhyun sat next to me. I can feel her stare but I remain calm.

Two famous girls in one table and I'm out of the picture. I'm just an ordinary girl, no, I'm a loser here. People think that I shouldn't be here with them because I don't belong.

"Wow... that's a lot of flowers and chocolates huh?" Seolhyun noticed the gifts on the table. "I see that many students like you Tiffany."

"And I appreciate them," Tiffany said indifferent. Seolhyun didn't notice but not me. I always notice their change of moods.

Seolhyun nodded "You're so nice that's why."

Tiffany smiled "Thanks, you too." Her smile is different too. It's forced, I can tell.

"By the way, I'm excited about our date," Seolhyun changed the topic as she looked at me.

Our date? I can sense that she's implying something to me. Isn't she?

"Me too!" Tiffany squeaked. "You know our FRIENDLY date, the more the merrier," she emphasized the word friendly.

Our conversation is interrupted when a guy approached Tiffany to give her a love letter while Seolhyun's friend approached her to ask something.

Great.

As I said, I'm out of the picture. I don't belong here so I stood up and silently excused myself. I walked out of the canteen.

I don't know why I am being like this. I used to control my emotion before but now, it controls me. It's too much.

I'm walking in the hallway because I decided to go to my fotress. Back from the beginning, I should just stay there often.

I'm about to use the stair when someone bumped on me, the person is strong that I fell on the floor.

"Oh sorry, I didn't notice you," I looked up and saw Miho.

He walked and purposely kicked my foot, I grunted in pain. Students started to form a circle around us. They didn't help and just watch. They are bystanders, I don't blame them. They don't care about me and they don't want to involve themselves. But I wish they just mind their own business because this is not a free show to watch.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see your foot. Dyke," he said as the left corner of his mouth turned up.

I held my foot, it hurts like hell.

"Why are you doing this?" I mumbled.

Swiftly, he held the collar of my shirt up and it's choking me "You don't know loser? You think I forgot what happened yesterday with Tiffany huh? And this morning, I invited Seolhyun on a date but she rejected me because she told me that she's going on a date with you!" He angrily yelled in my face.

"How could that be possible dyke? You are a loser and you don't belong here! You don't deserve to be with them!" His grip tightened.

I held his wrists and tried to shove it away but I can't, he's stronger than me.

"You're fighting against me?" He lifted his hand and about to slap me.

I closed my eyes and anticipated the stinging pain but it didn't happen. I felt that he let go of me then I panted.

I heard everyone gasped.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw fuming Tiffany then I saw Miho lying on the floor.

"I already warned you yesterday. If you hurt Taeyeon, you'll have to face the consequences," Tiffany firmly said as she gritted her teeth and her hands squeezed into fists.

Miho quickly stood up and he's frantic "But Tiffany," he pointed at me "This dyke, this loser doesn't belong here! She doesn't deserve being with you."

"You dickhead, you will pay for this!" Tiffany's fists are shaking and I can sense that her rage is consuming her.

But before Tiffany could do something that she might regret, I yelled pleading her.

"Tiffany please don't!"

She looked at me and her serious face softened. I'm glad that she calmed down a bit. I don't want her to be in trouble because of me.

Then we heard a loud slap, it echoed in the hallway.

Seolhyun slapped Miho, she looked mad. "I can't believe this Miho!"

"I just can't think of it. You rejected me because of this dyke," he's skeptical as he stuttered.

"Stop calling her like that, her name is Taeyeon! And so what if I rejected you because of her? You are no match to her so don't even compare yourself to her. There's a big gap Miho because your personality is a trash," Seolhyun blurted out. I've never seen her like this.

But that burns, really hot.

Miho just stared at her, confused and hurt.

"Don't you dare touch Taeyeon again! And I will report this to the guidance counselor. I will not let this pass Miho, not this time. You have gone too far," she finished and walked to me.

Seolhyun and Tiffany helped me to stand.

"Let's bring Taeyeon to the infirmary," Seolhyun suggested.

"Okay," Tiffany agreed.

 

 

-
 

 

 

In the infirmary. The physician is done checking my foot. She said that it's nothing serious but it's a bit swollen so she put an ointment on it.

I'm sitting on the side of white bed and Tiffany is standing in front of me.

"That guy is unbelievable! I want to break all his bones," she groaned.

I chuckled "Easy... and I won't allow you to do that. I don't want you to be in trouble Tiffany."

"But he hurt you!" She hissed and messed her hair in frustration.

"Hug me, please," I requested.

Tiffany gazed at me and she's responsive as she complied. She wrapped her arms around me without questioning me.

Tears started to fall from my eyes, I hugged Tiffany and let my pain be expressed.

I sobbed and sniffled while she petted my head and massaged my back to comfort me.

"I don't belong here, I'm a loser and everyone knows that."

Tiffany shushed me "That's not true Taeyeon. You're not a loser."

"I'm always like this. Am I that hateful? No one likes me-"

Tiffany faced me but she didn't let go of me "I beg to disagree master. I'm here, I like being with you. I like you," she genuinely said.

I stopped crying and she wiped my tears gently "Please, don't think like that Taeyeon. Stop putting down yourself like that. You deserve so much better than that."

I'm about to thank her when Seolhyun suddenly appeared. Tiffany let go and she stepped back from me.

"I reported Miho and I'm sure he will be punished for this. And I'm sorry Taeyeon, it happened because of me," Seolhyun sadly said.

"No, it's not your fault Seolhyun. It's okay-"

"It's NOT okay Taeyeon," Seolhyun interrupted me. "You are hurt and it hurts me too."

I raised my eyebrows, I'm speechless.

"I care for you Taeyeon. I promise that he will never hurt you again," Seolhyun leaned forward to me and hugged me.

I glanced at Tiffany, she looked uncomfortable as she averted her eyes from us.

I discreetly pulled away from Seolhyun "Thank you guys. Thank you for helping me."

Well, I'm so lucky to have them both. My life totally changed after they came into my life.

And clearly, I have feelings for Tiffany. I like her and I can't stop myself for liking her more.

I just hope that we have mutual feelings.

 

 

 

×