Life without Her

Cat Quest

 

The next morning.

I managed to go back to school, I still don't want to miss classes even though I'm not in the mood for everything. In fact, I am not happy but I should act like everything is back to normal.

Though I feel numb.

I feel empty.

And I feel sort of, nothing. 

It's like a chronic feeling. I feel disconnected from my life and there's this sense that something is missing. I was ready to experiment with my life but now, I'm back finding a room within my comfort zone.

She took everything from me: love, happiness and life.

Without Tiffany, I feel my life will never be the same. Now that she's gone and probably, happy with her life. It relieves me somehow that she's fine.

I should be happy for her and I should stop being selfish. So what if she doesn't remember me? At least, I know that she's alive somewhere.

I wanted to cry but I think, I already cried all my tears last night. Still, the pain isn't subsiding.

I was walking at the entrance of our University when I saw Seolhyun and Yeji.

Seolhyun smiled at me "Hi Taeyeon," she sweetly greeted.

"Good morning eonni," Yeji also greeted.

They still know me, just like what Gran told me. Everything happened here didn't change, it's just Tiffany disappeared from the scene.

I forced a weak smile, I didn't want to be rude.

Seolhyun nudged Yeji and the latter cleared "Taeyeon eonni, I just want to apologize for what happened last night about Juniel. I'm sorry on behalf of her."

"It's okay, you have nothing to worry Yeji," I flatly said as my voice was kinda groggy. Maybe because of nonstop crying and sobbing last night. 

I used to be very calm but now I get mad on little things.

"Are you okay?" Seolhyun asked worried.

I nodded "Yes."

"Thank you eonni. Umm... I have to go now," Yeji said as she looked at her watch. "I also have morning classes. See you guys," she waved goodbye then left.

"Let's go to our class," Seolhyun proposed.

"Okay."

Then we entered the building.

While walking in the hallway, I was pondering if Tiffany's existence here before was really forgotten.

"Tiffany," I said.

Seolhyun turned to me "Tiffany who?"

"Do you know her?"

"Um..." She shook her head "I don't know someone who named Tiffany. Why Taeyeon?"

Her answer looks genuine, she has no idea who's Tiffany.

"Nothing. It's just nothing."

"O... okay..."

We were close to our classroom when I saw this unexpected guy leaning his back on the wall next to our classroom's door. 

That playboy smile still irritates me.

"Hi Ladies," he greeted us.

Wait. How would he know me if Tiffany was erased in their memories?

"Y-you know me?" I asked.

"Um... yes. I met you again in the club last night," he reminded as he scratched his head.

Ahh... I see. Some things changed in their memories.

"What's up Nick?" Seolhyun put her hand on my arm hugging me.

"Oh, I just want to talk to Taeyeon." He smiled.

"Huh? Me? Why?" 

"I just want to remind you that you're the last to perform in the concert for our college fair tomorrow," he informed.

My eyes widened "Ppppp-perform? Meeee?!" I shrieked. Are you serious?

He nodded "Yes, you. You will sing right?"

"How the heck that happened?" I asked incredulously.

His forehead furrowed "What do you mean? You signed up. Don't you remember? And that's the first time we met."

"Wow. Really? I'm looking forward to it Taeyeon." Seolhyun excitedly said. "I'm rooting for you!"

I sighed up. Me? Is that for real? No way!

Geez. But how?

Oh right, Tiffany was always with Nick. Maybe she did this. She signed me up.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon but you have to prepare because the list is already finalized. You can't back out, it's tomorrow," he firmly said.

I sighed defeated then nodded. I hope not to embarrass myself there. Gosh. Why would Tiffany do that?

Seolhyun squealed "Yes! I'm excited to hear you sing."

Nick grinned widely "Then it's settled. Thank you Taeyeon."

"Fine," I need to be ready.

"I'll see you around," Nick waggled his brows few times then walked away.

I became anxious, I can't imagine myself on stage singing in front of many people.

Seolhyun squeezed my arm lightly "What's wrong?"

"I don't think I can do it," I admitted.

"Of course you can, I believe in you Taeyeon."

I gulped "But I've never done this before."

"Taeyeon, you just have to believe in yourself. Just like the way you did when you signed up. Fighting! I'm here to support you," Seolhyun motivated me.

I smiled at what she told me. The way I did when I signed up? Tiffany signed me up so she believes in me. I should do the same. This time, I won't mess up. I will not fail her trust.

"Thanks Seolhyun."

"No problem," she winked at me. "Let's go inside the classroom."

 

-


It was a normal day for me just like the old days. 

I tried to focus on my classes but my mind was blank, it was dysfunctional though I managed to act normal with Seolhyun.

She asked me out for dinner but I refused, I'm really not in the mood for everything. I just want to do nothing. I just want to lay in my bed and do nothing.

But I can't do that, I should prepare myself and practice singing for my performance tomorrow.

I was walking on the street near my dorm when I saw a box next to the garbage bin. It caught my attention, I could sense there was something in there.

But nah, it was just a trash so I ignored it.

I walked passed by the garbage bin when I heard a tiny meow. I stopped as my heart skipped a beat.

I turned around to the box and frowned.

Then I heard it again, a cute tiny meow was coming from the box. I sprinted back to it and opened it. I saw a white furry little kitten.

"Tiffany..." I mumbled.

The kitten was looked like my Fany! Someone threw it! Those heartless morons. How could they do this? They abandoned this cute little kitten and let it die here.

The kitten stared at me like it was begging me to take her. I feel bad, I can't take her. Pets are not allowed in my dorm.

The kitten meowed at me. It looked communicating to me.

I sighed. 

I have no choice but to take her, I will just keep her secretly.

I put my backpack on my front and I held the kitten. It was so light "Ya... I will put you in my bag. Please don't make any sound okay?" I instructed as if it could understand me.

"Meow..." It looked scared and frail.

"I will take care of you little kitten," I said then cautiously put it in my backpack. I made sure that it could breathe inside. "Please behave kitten."

Gladly, it didn't make a sound till I got in my dorm unit. It actually listened to me.

I fed it. I have stocks of canned goods in my dorm and I gave her canned tuna. I also put some water in a bowl for it to drink.

I guess, it's a girl kitten so I named her Fany. This kitten really reminds of Tiffany being a cat. They look alike but it's Tiffany's smaller version.

After I took a shower, I went to my bed and sat on it. I realized that my room was back to normal. The doubles weren't here anymore, just my belongings.

I don't have a roommate now.

I shouldn't entertain this negative feelings right now because I will perform tomorrow, I should practice singing.

I took my phone and browsed on my playlist.

What song will I sing? 

Then suddenly little Fany jumped on my bed and cutely meowed. 

I smiled "Are you done eating?"

"Meow..." She twinkled like she's thanking me.

"You're welcome Fany," I petted her head.

Fany jumped on my lap and snuggled on it. I just continued petting her. She balled and settled herself comfortably on my lap as she purred.

"You rest Fany..." 

A song crossed my mind, it will be perfect for me to sing it tomorrow. I will dedicate it to Tiffany. The song will embody how I feel right now.

I'm really emotional when it comes to singing because in this way, I can express my feelings and pour my heart out.

I'm ready for tomorrow and I will do my best.

Tiffany believes in me.

I should believe in myself from now on.

Thank you Tiffany even if you're gone, this is your effect on me. 

To be optimistic and to make myself better. 

To explore and try new things.

And you make me believe in myself.

Thank you, I hope you're doing fine wherever you are. I love you and I'm letting you go now.

Goodbye.

 


×