Styled

Cat Quest

 

The weekend finally came.

I'm really excited about this date later because this is my first time to hangout with friends.

I hope not to be awkward with them but I'm not really worried because Tiffany is here, I know she won't let me down.

I smiled then heavily sighed.

"What's with that Taetae?"

I looked at her, she's ready to go. She's wearing a black tight pants, white crop top shirt, jacket and boots. She's fashionable and I'm not.

I have simple shirts, few denim pants and a pair of sneakers. I don't know what to wear because I just use these clothes everyday, alternately repeating, again and again.

"What should I wear?" I asked disappointed. It makes me think if I should still come with them or not.

"You can wear anything Taeyeon."

I sighed sadly.

"What's with the long face?"

"I wish I could wear something new, I want to change my style but I don't know how, I'm always not confident about it. You see, I only have shirts because it's the safe thing to wear. Everyone wears shirts," I confessed.

"There's nothing wrong with shirts but yeah, sometimes you have to explore. Fashion is really different now, it helps us to express our personality," she explained as she curled her hair.

I just nodded.

Tiffany stood up "Do you have some style you want?"

I nodded again.

"Think a specific style now and close your eyes," she commanded.

I'm hesitant to follow.

"Trust me?"

Then I closed my eyes. Of course, I trust her.

"Focus Tae."

I focused on the style I want. I pictured it in my head. What could she possibly do about it?

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," I answered then I heard her fingers snapped.

She gasped and I opened my eyes.

"What? What Tiffany?"

"Whoaa... You look really cool. I like your new style," she complimented.

I blushed as I turned to the mirror. I see myself and gawked at myself. Is this me? Okay, that's overreacting but gosh, this is so cool.

My hair turned blond and now I'm wearing a fitted sleeveless shirt, ed polo, tight pants and a pair of black timberland boots. And I scrutinized my face, I'm wearing some light make up just what I wanted. It looks natural.

I look different. It is something new. This is what I always wanted but I'm afraid to try because I know I'm not beautiful.

"You're beautiful Taeyeon," Tiffany said as if she can read my mind.

I glanced at her "Can you read minds?"

She shook her head "I just feel like saying it, I thought you have to know. Your style is simple yet, attractive. I like your blond hair. It fits perfectly to you."

I blushed shyly and stared at the mirror "Is this permanent color?" I held the tip of my hair.

"Do you want to?"

I smiled "Yes."

"Then it is."

"Thank you Tiffany. I thought I only have one wish," I turned to her.

"Yes, this is just a favor and you didn't wish for it. I did it because I wanted to," she walked to me.

"Why? Why are you doing this Tiffany?"

"Because I want you to be happy."

"Why?"

She stopped in front of me and we're just few inches apart "Because..." She trailed off.

"Because what?" I asked impatiently.

"Because... because you're a friend to me," she averted her eyes from me.

I don't know if I'm sad or happy with that. I know she's a friend but I want something more than that.

I hope I'm not being insatiable.




 

×

 

 

 Next chapter is longer, I promise xoxo - Naru