A gift from Gran

Cat Quest

 

 

After school, I went to my dorm dreaming happily. What happened on the rooftop was like a miracle. I'm so happy because I have a friend now! Famous Kim Seolhyun is my friend.

I didn't expect that but I won't complain. I'm lucky to have her as my very first friend.

Is this how you feel when you got yourself a friend? I'm completely ecstatic and overjoyed. Finally, someone likes to be my friend. I feel important somehow and it's like a breath of fresh air.

I'm sitting on my bed while still pondering what just happened. It keeps rewinding in my mind and it always feels brandnew. Damn girl. 

Seolhyun is like an angel. I admit, I have a lil' crush on her. To clear things up, everyone in the campus likes her. Who wouldn't? She's kind, smart, athletic and beautiful. Plus, she was born with a silver spoon in . Total package right?

But I wonder what she saw in me and offered me to be her friend. Is she gonna prank me? Is that a dare or something? I doubt that. She's not that kind of person, she would never do that based on my observation.

I'm quite observant because that's all I do. I don't have someone to accompany me so I just observe people and because of that, I can discern them.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated. It's just next to me on bed. I saw that it's Gran calling me. 

I call my grandmother, Gran.

I picked it up and answered the call.

"Yes Gran? I miss you," I sweetly said.

"Nah, smart mouth. Do you need something huh?"

"Gran... it's not like that. I really miss you and you called me," I genuinely said then smiled.

"Okay I miss you too kid."

"Gran, I'm not a kid anymore!" I whined.

I heard her giggled.

"Oh shut it Taeyeon, you're still a baby. Anyway, I call because I want to ask if my gift already arrived there?"

"Gift? You gave me a gift? But it's not my birthday Gran. And it's not yet here. Do you know the address of my dorm?" I asked curiously.

"I don't need your address there and it should be there now Taeyeon," she grunted. She mumbled things that I can't hear clearly.

I pouted "How will it be here if you don't know my address Gran? Aisshh. You're getting old and you're just fooling me."

"Just wait for it. It will be there. I promise you will like it. Okay... just take care kid. See you soon. Love you," then she hang up.

I stared at my phone in disbelief "Aishhh... that ajumma! She's just pranking me." I threw my phone on the bed and sighed. "But I'm glad she called, I know she's doing fine."

Then I heard a knock on my door, I swiftly stood up.

Who could that be? This is the first time though. No one comes here.

I walked to the door and opened it. There's no one. I stepped out, looked from left to right but I see no one.

I went back in and closed the door. I sighed "They are pranking me huh..."

I walked to my bed and to my surprise, there's a white cat sitting on it.

"Oh gosh... how did..." I didn't see it entered my room.

The white cat is looking at me. It has beautiful fur.

"Pets are not allowed here. I'm sorry cat but you need to go out." I walked to the bed and I'm about to hold it when someone talked.

"I will not go out."

I looked around but there's no one. My heart began to race. I'm really scared. Where did the voice come from?

"Who are you? Show yourself!" I stuttered awkwardly.

"You are Kim Taeyeon right?" The voice asked.

"! Where are you? It's not funny okay! Is this some kind of prank?" I shuddered slightly.

"Language please. It took me 3 days to find you. Finally I arrived here safe and sound." The voice is beautiful, it's a woman. I can tell.

"Where are you?" I asked impatiently.

"Look on the bed," she commanded and I followed.

The cat is staring at me like I'm a dumb person.

I grimaced "You?! You're talking?"

"Yes. Who else?" The cat tilted its head.

I almost fainted.

"Oh gosh. What's happening to me? Am I getting crazy?" I panicked as I fanned my hands on my face briefly.

"You're not crazy," the cat pointed its foot to me then it. "I'm real and I'm talking to you," it put its foot down and stared at me intently.

"Wh-what are you doing here? A-are you going to eat me?" I nervously said.

The cat's eyes looked uninterested "You wish. You don't look delicious. And duh! Excuse me, I don't eat human."

"So why are you here?" I gulped.

"Your grandmother sent me here. It's my quest to find you and I'm here to grant your wish," it explained. "Then I will be free when your wish is done."

"My grandma?!" I put my hand on my mouth, shocked. So it's true. Gran is a witch. Is she? That's the rumor in my hometown and that's one of the reasons why I don't have friends there.

"Yes, I'm her possession. A witch's pet. And now, I'm all yours." The cat stood its hind legs.

I cautiously stepped back.

"Don't be afraid Taeyeon. I'll be your genie but sad to say, you only have one wish so be wise enough." The cat suddenly laid itself on my bed. "I'm so tired of walking."

"Wish? I can wish anything?"

"Of course," the cat started to clean itself.

"D-do you have powers?"

"What do you think?" It continues to clean itself.

I rolled my eyes.

"You'll see tomorrow what I can do," it added.

"Okay... What if I wish to be rich?"

"You will just waste your wish then. I thought you're not materialistic."

I frowned "How about being famous?"

"Famous? That's a piece of cake. Are you sure?"

I shook my head.

"Be wise Taeyeon," she advised.

I tapped my chin few times while pondering.

"I-I have my wish now." I bashfully said. This is my chance, I will not waste it.

"Spill it," it stopped cleaning and it stares at me.

"I want someone to fall in love with me and me, fall in love with her. Mutual feelings," I excitedly announced.

"Meow... I'm afraid I can't do that."

My face fell "I thought I can wish anything?"

"Yes but I can't manipulate feelings."

"How 'bout love potion?" I suggested.

"I can't do that, only your grandmother."

I pouted "So you can't do it?" I said disappointed.

"I'm sorry but I can only help you to find your true love." The cat sat up. "And that's my mission, don't worry... you can count on me."

I sighed "Fine."

"Great! So it's a deal!" She happily settled. "By the way... I'm so tired being a cat so I'm gonna change now."

"What do you mean-" I was interrupted when the cat turned to be a woman without a warning.

My eyes went round to see a beautiful woman on my bed. Gosh, she's ravishing.

For sure, I'm blushing right now. I hastily took off my jacket and threw it to her body. She's ! I saw her two round mounds! This tarnished my innocent eyes!

"First time to see a woman's body? You have that too huh... no biggie," she raised an eyebrow.

I looked away from her.

"Get dressed!" I took a pair of pajamas from my drawer and gave it to her without looking. Of course, it's a big deal for me!

"You're uncomfortable? Wait... uhuh! I see... You are into girls." I glanced at her and she smirked.

"Just go to the bathroom and get dressed!" I ordered firmly.

"Yes, master."

She went to the bathroom and I threw myself on bed. I tucked myself in my comforter.

Honestly, I'm not scared of her. In fact, I feel safe and comfortable with her presence.

So this is Gran's gift. Now I understand what she meant by she doesn't need my address.

Gran is a witch so she's using spells and witchcrafts. I never thought that it's true because I never seen her do some weird stuffs then she sent this cat - woman to me as a gift?

The woman went out of the bathroom wearing my pajamas.

"Meow... I'm exhausted." She yawned cutely. "I have to sleep meow..." She walked to my bed and laid herself next to me.

My forehead creased "W-what are you doing?"

"I'll sleep," she closed her eyes and nuzzled to me. She curled herself like a cat. "The pet should sleep next to its owner."

I sighed in relief "Okay... What's your name?"

"You can call me Tiffany," she murmured sleepily.

I smiled unconsciously "That's a beautiful name, Tiffany." And she's dead to the world.

I have a lot of questions to ask tomorrow and I hope I'm not dreaming right now.

How will she stay here? Pets are not allowed here and if people saw her here, surely, they will report me.

I heavily sighed. This will be trouble.

I closed my eyes and prepare myself to sleep.

I should be ready, I sense that everything will change tomorrow.

I hope for the better.





 

×

Taeny yeah 🤘