Fine

Cat Quest

 

 

I need to breathe. Taeyeon, you have to control your breathing.

I can't think of it.

Tiffany and Nick are together. She's already taken. Note that.

Oh ing . I'm really ing out of the picture. I have no place in Tiffany's heart. She doesn't even remember me.

I thought if she really loved me, she would remember eventually. But there's nothing to remember because it never happened.

I don't believe in that mission, it's just a joke. Maybe it was just a sympathy or she just pitied me. It just tricked the mission, it wasn't love.

How would she love me if she already loves someone else? I have no room in her heart neither in her life.

Accept that fact Taeyeon.

"Nick..." Tiffany looked smiling at him.

"What... my love..." Nick playfully said.

Tiffany just shook her head.

Nick turned his attention to me "Oh Taeyeon, before I forget, here's your small reward for the concert," he handed me an envelope.

I took it and saw 300 bucks. Seriously? Small reward?

"It's too much?" I asked in disbelief.

"Don't underrate yourself Taeyeon, the audience liked your performance and they gave you tips. I collected it to give it to you. I hope it will help you even if it's just a small amount," he explained. He's kind, I'm starting to like his personality. Tiffany deserves a guy like him, I won't argue.

"Are you kidding? 300 bucks is a small amount? It's my allowance for a month," I mumbled the last sentence.

He scratched his head.

"But... thank you Nick. I appreciate this," I added.

He smiled "You deserve it."

Tiffany and Seolhyun nodded.

I smiled at them.

Seolhyun stepped closer to me "So remember our lunch? My treat."

First step to move on, give chance to others. It should be my mantra.

"Of course, sure," I replied.

Seolhyun grinned widely showing her perfect set of white teeth.

"Can I join you guys?" Tiffany chimed in.

Seolhyun pursed her lips together.

"I'm not familiar here and we're friends right? Please..." Tiffany added.

"Okay," Seolhyun reluctantly agreed. "Sure."

"Okay gotta go now..." Nick excused himself. "See you later Tiff," he kissed Tiffany's cheek and he waved goodbye to us then left.

I guess, this will be a long day.

 

 

-

 


 

I managed to avoid Tiffany but she kept bothering me because she only knows me. Our classes are almost the same but why doesn't she approach anyone else? I'm not the only classmate she has.

I just want to keep distance from her because she's hurting me though, it's not her intention and she doesn't know about it.

We were eating lunch in the canteen and Seolhyun insisted that it was her treat today. Me and Tiffany thanked her for lunch, Seolhyun said that it wasn't a big deal for her.

People kept glancing on us, some smiled and some greeted us.

Honestly, I don't like this attention. I don't like to be famous and it never crossed my mind that this day will come.

I don't like people talking about me behind my back. I don't like to be judged or to be criticized. I just want a simple life like before.

Yeah... let's say, I'm being pessimistic again. I should be happy because finally, people starting to accept me. They think that I'm not a loser anymore, I guess. And I don't have this virus that will infect them. It's good though, I should be thankful.

But my situation . It's just... it affects how I think and how I feel.

"Tae, are you okay?" Tiffany asked waking me from my trance.

My eyes widened staring at her. She called me Tae. I shouldn't be surprised, it's still Tiffany.

I tried to act cool and continued to eat my meal.

"Yes," I dryly answered.

"You seem not in yourself," Tiffany commented. She looked worried.

"I'm fine," I firmly stated.

Tiffany looked offended. No, it was more like she was hurt.

Geez. I don't want to be rude but I want her to stop bugging me.

I felt Seohyun's hand around my arm "Are you sure Taeyeon?" She asked.

I glanced at her "Of course," then I smiled. "Thanks for the treat."

"Stop thanking me, one is enough and it's just lunch," Seolhyun said blushing as she let go of my arm.

In my peripheral view, I saw Tiffany frowned. Maybe she's confused of my actions. I treat her kinda bad. I should, so she would stop bothering me. She should dislike me. Right.

I will just continue this rude behavior to her.

"Excuse me, Miss Kim Taeyeon?" Someone approached me.

We turned to her and I swear, I saw one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

A senior student. President of the student council.

Famous. Smart. Rich. Kind hearted. Beauty Queen. It's none other than Miss Lee Da Hee.

I gaped staring at her. She's really beautiful in closer look. No sign of imperfection. I became nervous just looking at her. She's so beautiful. Gosh.

I'm always like this when I see beautiful people at first time.

"Y-yes Miss?" I asked nervously.

"I saw you in the concert yesterday and I became your fan," Miss Lee said shyly but there was still intimidating aura around her. She looked very sophisticated and assertive.

"Thank you," I stuttered.

"Are you free later? I have something to ask you. Let's have dinner together?" Miss Lee offered casually.

I gulped "Yes. Okay." I managed to utter.

"Great. It's a date then," Miss Lee winked at me. "See you later," she handed me a calling card. "Call me."

I nodded kinda mesmerized. She smiled then walked away.

I can't still believe what happened, I just stared at the calling card in my hand.

"Seriously Taeyeon? You accepted the date?" Seolhyun asked in disbelief as she stood up.

I looked at her, speechless.

"You know that I have feelings for you," Seolhyun looked hurt.

I frowned "Seolhyun..."

"Never mind. Enjoy your date!" Seolhyun bitterly said then she stomped away. I just followed her with my eyes.

"Tae..." Tiffany mumbled.

"Excuse me," I abruptly stood up and walked away.

"Taeyeon..." I heard Tiffany. She was following me. "Taeyeon please... talk to me."

"Later," I walked fast.

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany ran to chase me then she blocked my way.

I stopped as I met her gaze.

"What?!" I asked peevishly.

"What's wrong? Why are you being like this to me? Are you mad at me?" Tiffany bombarded me questions.

"Can't you see it Tiffany? I don't want to talk to you. Please just find another friends, stop bothering me," I harshly said.

I feel like .

I wanted to smack my head hard when I saw Tiffany's face. She looked hurt.

"Is it bad that I want to stick with you? I thought we're friends Taeyeon and I really want to know you more. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, it's not my intention. I just feel like I want to be with you," she explained.

Tiffany wants to be with me? But she has a boyfriend, she should stick with him not me.

I shook my head "Yes we're friends but please, give me space. Stop bothering me, or much better, don't talk to me," I acted irritable.

I turned around, I didn't want to see her sad face so I quickly walked away from her.

I know it's kinda rude but I can't help myself. I should avoid her to heal my heart.




 

×