Unnoticed feelings

My own story

I haven’t seen Chaeyoung for the rest of the class. It got me worried. Chaeyoung never, ever, skipped class. As I walked through her class, I peeped but saw nothing. Where the hell did that cub run off to.
.
.
.
The bell rung, indicating that the classes for the day are over. I didn’t realize that I’ve been zoning out until Jihyo waved her hands in front of me.

 

“Hey! You okay?” She asked.

 

I hummed in response. A certain cub kept me worrying for the whole day.

 

I packed my things and walked with Jihyo through the halls.

 

 

“Have you seen Chaeyoung? I’ve been looking for her the whole day?” I asked

“Nope, the three skipped the afternoon class.” She replied nonchalantly

 

I stopped in my tracks.

 

“Seriously?” I said to myself.

 

“Now suddenly, all of them skips class.” I sighed and continued walking.

“Why don’t you just call her if you’re wondering where she is?” she suggested

“Are you not concerned? Your kids skipped class!” I freaked out. I still can’t believe they skipped class.

“Nope, they’re just at their usual hangout, that’s for sure, that for some reason, they never let any of us know.” she shrugged.

 

 

We’re now nearing the dorm.

 

 

“Oh, the oh-so-special place.” I replied, knowing what she’s talking about. It’s so sacred that they want tell us about it, saying that it’s just for the three.

 

When we reached our floor, we bid goodbye, and went to our own room. Jihyo shared with Nayeon, While I had solo.

 

I decided to finish my tasks for today. Assignments, outputs, projects, etc. And cleaned the dorm.

 

When I finished, I looked at the clock. 8:03 pm. I decided to make myself some dinner. Since I’m too tired to cook actual food, I settled with Ramen.

 

 

When I finished cooking, I sat on the dining table with the bowl. I didn’t know that my mind wandered again, worried about the missing cub, so I unconsciously lifted up my chopstick with noodles and chomped on it without blowing.

I shrieked due to it hotness.

 

 

“Stupid Chaeyoung.” I mumbled.

 

 

I don’t really know why I kept thinking about her, I’m not usually like this, until lunch happened. Something unsettles inside me when my curiousity grew. Stupid Secret that everybody know but me.

 


When the Ramen was warm enough to be eaten. I chomped it down. Shrugging the thoughts away. 


.

.
.


9 pm. I’m laying down on my bed.

 

I can’t sleep.

 

I’m thinking about the thing they’re hiding from me.

 

I groaned and reached for my phone on the nightstand, scrolled through my contact, and hit dial when I found the certain name I’m looking for.

 

 

“Mhng nyelo?” a groggy voice answered.

 

 

“Did I wake her up?” I said to myself.

 

 

“Chae? I didn’t saw you at the Uni for the afternoon class, where are you?” I worriedly asked

“Am at da…….. where were we? Ah! The rolftap of di bilding!” she raised her voice slightly at the last word.

 

 

“Is she………drunk?” I thought.

 

 

“Chae, are you…… drunk?” I asked

 

The line at the other end went slightly for a while, then some shifts of movement.

 

 

“Mina-unnie!” The other line went back, but other familiar voice answered, It’s Tzuyu.

“Tzuyu-yah, where are you? Is chaeng drunk?” 

 

 

I’m kinda amused. Did they just skipped class to drink? I wonder who are they with.

 

 

“We, um…” 

 

 

The other line went silent again.

 

 

“We need help unnie!” Dahyun slightly yelled. I heared a smack soung but shrugged it off.

 

Some sound can be heard from the other line. Then muffled sounds. They must have covered the mic.

 

“Hello? Dahyunah? Tzuyu-yah?” I looked at my phone to look if the line is still one, and put it back to my ear.

"Unnie! We have a bit of a situation here.” After Dahyun stated that he line went silent again for a while and she continued. “We accidentally let Chae drunk, but not that drunk! And we we’re wondering if it’s okay to let her stay at yours?” 

 

 

Wow. I wonder what’s today occasion to let Chaeyoung get drunk like that. Then a shift of movement again can be heard.

 

 

“DAHYUN! CHAE’S GONNA KILL US!” Tzuyu shoutly whispered.

“BETTER THAN GETTING KILLED BY OUR DADS! SHE CANT GO BACK TO THE DORM EITHER. THE DORMS MOTHER GONNA GET MAD! AND SO DOES JIHYO AND NAYEON SO THEY ‘RE OUT! Mina’s our last option tzu! Take it or leave it!” Dahyun exclaimed.

 

 

They must have forgot to cover the mic.

 

 

Now realizing the situation after connecting the dots, A drunk Chae, with a slightly nervous Tzuyu, the argument. The three drank without adult consent, just them three.

 

I am so telling Jihyo and Nayeon about this.

 

 

“Ummmm. I can hear you guys, you know?” I chuckled slightly at the ridiculous situation happening right now.

 

I thought for a while and came up with a decision.

 

“Fine fine. I’m taking her in. Just bring her here okay? Be careful. Bye.” I then put it back on the night stand after plugging the charger. Of course, not before telling their “mothers” about it.

 

 

After an hour, I heard some knocks on the door.

I hurriedly went to the front door to open it, knowing who just arrived.

 

“Minaaaaaa~” Then the owner of the voice brought me into a tight hug. I looked at her companions and they just shrugged.

 

They look fine compare to the one hugging me though.

 

“We’ll leave her to your care then” Tzuyu broke the silence

“NOooOoo~” The cub whined.

“Shut it you stupid cub”

Chaeyoung just whined.

“Can we go inside? We’ll just leave her things here. We brought everything you need for this level.” Dahyun asked.

I stepped aside to let them in.

 

“level?” I amusingly asked.

“She’s at 9 cans.” Tzuyu replied after putting down Chaeyoung things on the couch.

“Just leave her at the couch. Seriously, don’t feel bad and let her nest at your bed.” Dahyun then pulled the Cub that is still hugging me tight, and pushed her to the couch.

 

“You. Behave!.” Dahyun just sternly said. Then stood up


“We’re gonna get going. It’s Friday, we have to go home.”

Tzuyu then patted me on my shoulder and whispered “goodluck” I looked at her, confused, but she just smiled at me sympathetically like I was about to go in a dangerous mission. She then run for the door.

“YOW WAIT UP!” Dahyun abruptly stood up. Hugged me tight. “Don’t talk to her tonight.” She pulled and looked at me and smiled, the same smiled Tzuyu shown me, And also ran. 

 

I heard the door slam. I wondered why they acted like that. I looked back at the drunk Cub and saw her drinking the strawberry milk snack Nayeon made her. She then stared at me.

 

“H-hey, you feeling good?” , Why did I stutter.

“Yeah, are you?” I was ataken back at the question. She can talk clearly now. Maybe she sobbered up.

 

“Yeah, thanks for asking.” I answered. I then remembered about the secret. Knowing the cub would answer me honestly, I decided to take advantage of the situation.

 

“Chae..” She hummed in response, while digging through the things Tzuyu and Dahyun left.

“Are you hiding something from me?” She then stopped her actions. I got nervous of the silence engulfing us.

 

"Uhm.... Chae?"

 

 

“THERE YOU ARE!” Chaeyoung suddenly yelled and pulled boxes of strawberry milk drink bundled together, with her sketchpad.

 

 

I mentally facepalmed myself. This is why Dahyun told me to not talk to her. I slumped myself down beside her.

“I’m not.” Chaeyong replied, sticking the straw at one of the juice box.

 

I’m surprised, I didn’t thought she heard me earlier.

 

“Then what’s with the gang. They look like they’re hiding something from me about you.” I asked, reminiscing the situation earlier at lunch.

 

“Didn’t you know about that already?” she replied while sipping through the straw. Not sparing a glance at me as she is busy sketching at her pad.

 

I sat straight. “About what?”

 

“Her!” She annoyingly replied “You told me to not talk about her when I’m with you."

I tilted my head, confused. She must have mistook me for someone. She never told be about this.

 

“Then I want you to talk about her to me.” She stopped sketching and looked at me, squinting. “You sure?” She asked.

“Oh My Heavens! Nayeon unnie’s willing to listen to me about her. Are you drunk?” She asked giggling

 

 

Aaaaah. She thought I’m Nayeon, well we do live in the same dormitory, and some people did said that we kinda look alike. I thought she’s sober at the moment but she really is drunk. I’ll just play along.

 

 

“Okay okay! I’m just not gonna bring up her name as I promised.” She excitedly stated.

 

“Okay then. Go on.” I Reeadied myself to whatever information I’m about to receive.

 

“Well, She is my inspiration to my sketches! And…. And….. she lifts my mood everytime I’m with her!” She excitedly started while smiling, showing her signature dimples that I wanted to poke. I just listened ate her babbling.

“Her perfect features might have others fall for her but I don’t! I loved her when I learned about her flaws! I don’t know why, but I keep falling harder everytime I learn something about her!” She continued

 

Must have been a lucky girl. I thought.

 

“I would give everything to her. I would fight the world for her!” her smile suddenly dropped. “But she’s not interested in me.” She frowned

 

“What? Why? Everyone is literally crazy about you! Do you know how popular you are? You can literally get any guy or girl you want! Why settle for something unsure?” I asked, questions after questions.

 

Wow, I’m literally stabbing myself aren’t I?

 

She just shooked her head and smiled.

“That’s fine. I want to enjoy these feelings for a while.” She said.

 

Who is that girl? It’s Son ing Chaeyoung! Who wouldn’t want her! 

 

“I can set you up with someone!.” I suggested

 

She just laughed lightly. “You literally said that for thousands of time already. And my answer is still the same. No”

“Why?”

“Because I’m still helping her get her crush.” She replied, setting the 3rd juice box aside and sticking the straw to the next one.

 

I frowned.

 

“You’re hurting yourself.” I worriedly stated.

 

“It’s fine, If she’s happy, I’m happy. I told you already, Don’t worry about me. I know what I’m getting into. I know that I will never, ever be one of her options, but she will always be my choice.” She stated like it’s nothing, but I could feel the heaviness of her words.

 

The only question I could blurted out at the moment is “Why?”

“Because, even if there’s almost 0 percent, I still want her to look at me. I want her to to be treated the way she deserves. I want her to be the one at my side through my ups and down. I want her to be still my Inspiration.” She then settled down the juice box and lay her head down, she is starting to get sleepy.

 

I fondled with her words.

 

“You really like her don’t you?” I asked.

“No. I dont.”She said making me confused.

 

But Then, she smiled widely.

 

“Cause I really Love her.” Sincerity can be heard in her voice.

 

 

Then I felt something Inside when I heard her say that.

I felt like one of the strings of my Heart got pulled apart.

“Phang!”

 

......What the heck was that.

 

 

That’s not the first time I had that feeling. I felt those whenever Jeongyeon’s on a date with her ex.

I shrugged the feeling and went into my bedroom when I heard the cub snire lightly, following the cub’s friend advice to not let her sleep on my nest.

 

-----------------------------

A/N. Just to tell you all. My reference for drunk chae is myself. I watch a clip of myself once. I really looked like a sober person, talking straight and all, but I can't identify who I talk too. So changie here thought that she is in nayeon's and Jihyo's.