Gone again

My own story


Mina woke up due to the sound of things getting stacked up.

She pulled the blanket to hide her body when she sat up.

 

 

Wait..... We don't have a blanket last night…….. do we?

 

 

Then she saw a neatly folded clothes beside her. It's not her dress, but it's a oversized sweater and pants. Underneath are a new set of underwear.

 

“I don't know if the underwear would fit but those are from Momo's. The sweater and pants are my reserves in the car.” Chaeyoung smiled while carrying the chairs back to the side.

 

She approached me and crouched.

 

“Now, while I clean the mess here..” she handed a bag containing her clothes yesterday.

“Why don't you wear those. And I will bring you home.” She smiled.

 

 

 

They we're now at the front of Mina's house.

 

“So……. This is it….” Mina eye smiled at her.

“I guess it is……..ah! Right! Wait here baby…” Chaeyoung suddenly ran back to the car and took something on the compartment.

She went back slowly while holding something behind her back.

“And this….. is for you…” Chaeyoung smiled while she gave a neatly wrapped small box to her.

“Don’t open it till you go inside.” 

 

“Chaeng…… I…..” Mina suddenly hugged her tight. “Why did I do to have you…..”

Chaeyoung replied the hug back. Slowly wrapping her arms on her waist. “Well…… if that didn't happen last night, I would have given this to yo-"

 

“Do you regret it?” Mina tighten the hug more.

 

“..............

 

 

 

 

No. I don't.”

 

Chaeyoung pulled back. “It's a special moment Mina.” She cupped her cheeks. “I would never regret a single moment with you.” She dimpled smiled while staring deeply at her eyes.

 

“Now…. I gotta scram…….. uhm……….. see you on Monday?” Chaeyoung slowly backed away, now holding Mina's hand.

“See you on Monday.” Mina smiled back and now, Chaeyoung completely let go while walking backwards.

“I Love you!” Chaeyoung grinned.

Mina chuckled. “l Love you too.” She waved and  went inside.

 

She ran to her room, saying her Hi's to her family on the way and closed the door.

 

She ripped the gift cover and was left with a ring box. Her heart melted when she opened it.

 

A gold ring with letter SCY carved on it with. She wore it and kissed it.

 

……...

 

 


Meanwhile

Chaeyoung hummed happily, Mina just got inside and she was about to open the car door when her phone rang.

She looked at the caller's info but it's just an Unknown number.

She opend the car door and sat on the driver's seat while staring at it. 

 

Curious, she answered it.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

 

 

 

 

Mina's POV

 

Sunday was unbelievably slow to pass by. Thank God it's Monday now! I never really got recover with what happened on Saturday. It was so……. Haaaaaa…… I still smile at the memory.

 

I went downstairs to eat breakfast before going to school.

 

“Sweetie ….. how was your Birthday with Chaeyoung.” Dad asked

 

I just smiled and continued eating.

.

“Woah woah woah………. Why are you so bright in this early in the morning. Did Chaeyoung did something to you?” Kai acted like something really bright shone on him before sitting beside me Laughing.

“Something must have. You know how good she must have felt to not be able to describe it into words.” Mom joined the teasing.

“Stop it! Just……. She made it too special….” Her voice getting smaller whild she mutter the last sentence.

Dad's eyes squinted before saying “I'm calling Chaeyoung to ask what happened.”

“DAD! DAD! STOP!” I turned into a blushing mess. 

 

Just imagine, your parent asking your partner about the …… uhm…….. intimate skinship you two did.

 

Dad giggled. “by the way…… This new psychologist kept asking me about you.”

“What? Who?” 

“The uhmm…. The one you approached for chaeyoung?”

“ahh…. Him.. and?”

“I don't know…….. that was too personal and I'm working so I never really answered truthfully. I just get it by for saying that you're busy with Uni so I don't get to talk to you that much.”

I stared at him.... “Riiiiiiight…….. anyway, I'm going” I stood up while checking the time.

 

I kissed mom and dad on the cheeks. And went to the door.

 

“YO SIS! WHAT ABOUT MY KISS.”

“STOP IT KAI!” I shouted before doing a ‘merong'at him.

 

 

I don't know that Bambam pestered dad about me…….

 

Anyway, I get to meet everyone again this day. And especially her.

 

 

……

 

 

Or so I thought.

 

She's not there on lunch. Not even in the room she usually spends time to. 
Not even on the roof top.

 

She's not replying on my texts. She doesn't receive my calls, it's either unreachable or it rings but no one answers.

Even on her social media accounts. Her last posts are still from Saturday.

 


Even her friends knows nothing. I even threatened them but still….. they really did know nothing.

I went to her house but her mom just told me she went out.

 

 

Chaeyoungah…… where are you?.......

 

 

 


Hours turned into a day. Days into weeks.

3 Weeks. And still nothing. 

 

 

 

She will be leaving on  9 days.

 

What is happening. Where are you….

 

 

 


“Bye Minari…..,.” Momo hugged me.
“you sure don't want to come with us?” Jihyo asked.

I was playing with thae ring i was wearing. I habit that i developed these fast few days.

 

They're going to karaoke to celebrate the last day of exam of the graduating students. Naming the 4 elddst in the gang…… with Chaeyoung still not around…….

 

“No. I'm fine…” I smiled slightly.

 

 They looked at each other.

 

“Chaeyoung will be fine Mina-Unnie. She’s old enough to handle herself. Heck. She even manage to beat a dozen of peo- OW" Tzuyu rubbed her arm.

“What she meant is that, she will be back. I know that you know she will be nack. Maybe not today, not tomorrow, but someday, she will show up with some sort of explanation.” Sana sincerely told me.

“All right. Uhm…. We're going……. Take care?” Jeongyeon patted my back.

“Thanks. Uhm… you guys too.” I smiled.

 

I watched them leave. I turned my back to walk to the opposite direction when someone pulled me back to the university.

 

She just ran and ran till we reached the choir's club room.

 

“Ow! Yah!” 

“I am sorry. Mina-ssi. But I really need to talk to you!”

 

The surrounding is a little loud as the choir group are still practicing so she was slightly yelling.

 

“What is it! What do you have to talk about that you have to pull me here!”

“It's about Bambam!”

 

 

I widened my eyes.I held both of her arms.

 

 

“How do you know Bambam. Yerin ssi.” I asked seriously.

 

 

 

Bambam.

This guy seriously creeps me out.

Whenever I get really stress about something, I go to my dad's office, as the environment there calms me.

But the thing is. Whenever I go there……


He would seldomly…….. do moves on me……

And it's not okay because whenever I reject it. He smiles creepily at me…..

I don't know when it happened, but when we first met he is just…… fine…….. what happened to this guy……

 

 

 


“It's a long story…….” She checked her watch.

“I gotta go. We need to meet again. Tomorrow. Here. At the afternoon. I know you don't have class tomorrow afternoon. It's cancelled due to the graduation practice. But the choirs would still be practicing so lets meet here again.” She speaks rapidly like she is chasing time.

“Why here? Why not somewhere qu-"

“We can't!” she showed me something from her collar.

 

 

Is that…..

 


“a recording device. Just a long story. And to make it short. “ she pulled something from her bag.

“Read this……” she looked seriously at me. “Please. Call me. You have to cooperate  or else……… Chaeyoung's  at risk…” she pointed at the cellphone number below the think folder she just handed me.
“Stay here for 20 minutes. He will see you.” she ran to the door and stopped. “Oh right. Please learn and study morse code and sign language. and........I am sorry. Mina…” then continued running.

 


……………….


Mina was sitting on her bed. It was dimly lit. No source of light except to the bedlamp beside her, as per instructed.

 

Suddenly, her hand shaked. Her eyes quivered in fear.

 

“…….. Bambam is………” Mina's breath ragged as she stares at the those words that were on the folder Yeri handed her. 

“…… an escaped psycopath?……..”