Twists and Revelations

My own story

I actually still have a lot of requirements to pass in school, but since I am already working on them for a week, I decided to realease stress and write. And I would like to reward myself for finishin a lot of work and for my approaching birthday. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

 

 

“Unnie!” Chaeyoung approached her friend who acted like a mother to her.

 

“What is it Chaeyoung-ah?” Jihyo turned to her, raising her eyebrow.

“Uhmmm…. Can I talk to you?”

Jihyou chuckled “I shouldn’t be the one whom you should be talking to right now.”

“I know. Just….”

Jihyo saw the seriousness in her face. Knowing what she will talk about, she hushed the younger one in the bathroom.

 

“You should know that I will not let you leave again if your reason is ‘for Mina’s safety’” Jihyo faced the younger one.

“Yes, it’s still the same reason. But there’s another one. Jihyo unnie.”

 

Jihyo raised her brow.



“He escaped.”

“What!?” Jihyo’s eyes widened. She put a hand over .

“I don’t have to explain myself further. You know what would happen.”

“But- How…………” Jihyo suddenly felt anxious. “What about Mina?”

 

Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“I will try to talk to her. I’m afraid she won’t listen to me. I just knew she won’t.”

“When are you leaving?”

“I don’t know. After this party.”

 

Jihyo clenched her jaw in anger.

 

“Did Tzuyu and Dahyun know about this?”

“They just know I’m leaving again and that he escaped. They don’t know who he is.”

“Does anybody know?”

“Yeri and Lisa. Aside from them, no one knows. Except you and Kang oppa of course.”

 

Jihyo breath deeply.

 

“I can’t believe this. After all the things you’ve done!?” she exclaimed

“It’s fine unnie. I’m just glad that I reached you and oppa. I wouldn’t be here if not for you two.” Chaeyoung smiled. “Have you found it?”

“found what?”

“The warehouse?”

 

Jihyo’s lip formed a thin line before shaking her head.


 

flashback.

 

“Calm down cub! Sit!” Jihyo commanded which was easily obliged.

“Unnie! I’m scared…” Chaeyoung whimpered after learning his identity.

 

Jihyo, being the God she is, managed to get her hand to this Top Secret file.

Apparently, He also has quite a lot of connections to the Police station, helping him bury this file.

 

Well, if they can be swayed with his money, why can’t she sway them with hers.

Well, her dad is highly positioned in that field, which gave her another advantage to get this.

 

“So……… all of-” Kang gulped “he did it?” Kand questioned, talking about all the cold cases of homicides from the recent years.

“Are you fine with your oppa being here?” Jihyo asked.

“I don’t mind. Actually, he is a great help. We can’t face him without a guy in our group.”

“He-” his breath hitched while reading the criminal history of Kunpimook Bhuwakul, the youngest serial killer, killing at the age of 8, killing several children of his age in their village.

 

He looked up. “You have to keep Mina away from him. I- I have to-”

“Nothing is going out of this group!” Chaeyoung faced him.

“Bu-”

“I know! He’s a ing psychopath to have that kind of .”

“HE HAVE AN UNDERGROUND WAREHOUSE FOR YOUNG ADULTS!”

“I KNOW!? THAT’S WHY I CALLED YOU!” Jihyo shouted, causing the both of them to shut up.

“Think of how you would make Mina far from him. He is a psychopath, but he did genuinely love them. Before… you know. I will handle finding his warehouse.”

“That will take a lot of time to find. We need a lot of time before he attacks his next target, Mina.”

“I have a plan. But, this will cause me to go far away.”

 

Jihyo furrowed her brows.

 

“I will make Mina go to him, then with this, I will threaten him, knowing his personality, he won’t accept, so he will probably ask me to leave, or worst, break up with her. I have scholarship in oxford, that will help me stay away from her. This will buy you time, but I don’t know how long. And if-” Chaeyoung gulped. ”if he attacked her, we will make him go to prison.”

“ Chaeng. Are you crazy!? This is ing absurd!” Jihyo exclaimed.

 

Yeri finally arrived. “What did I miss?”

 

 

Present time

 

“Unnie. He doesn’t know who was involved in this aside from me and Yeri. And from all the things we did, he believed I did it, he will be after me. I can buy you more time. That’s why I’m leaving.”

 

Jihyo is definitely stressing right now.

 

*knock knock*

“You guys are taking a long time there.”

 

Jihyo faced Chaeyoung.

“We’re not done talking. Morse code, in the backyard.”

“Wait!” Chaeyoung held her wrist. “If she won’t listen to me, take care of her. For me.”

“I’ve been doing it for the last 10 months, Chaeyoung. At least find someone who would care for you! You took care of her so much that you don't have time for yourself.”

 

*Knock knock*

 

“Be selfish, at least once.”

 

Jihyo freed her wrist and opened the door.

 

“She’s outside Chaeyoung. I told everyone to give you alone time.” Yeri appeared.

“Go to her. Cub.” Jihyo added, still backfacing her.

 

She excused herself and went to the back yard.

 

There, she saw her sitting, watching the bypassers.

She went to her side.

 

“Mina…..”

“....”

“It’s fine if you don’t want to talk to me. But please, listen to me.”

“....”

 

Chaeyoung sighed before taking a deep breath.

 

‘here goes nothing’

 

“You know that I love you. Right? So much that I don’t want you to get hurt. I- I- I thought I was protecting you from that Psychopath, I was too focus on keeping him away from you that I didn’t consider your feelings about this. And I am sorry for that.”

“Go to your girlfriend.”

“Mina-”

“You didn’t have to play with me Chaeyoung. You can tell me straight that you still love here.” Mina told her coldy.

“Mina…. I told you it’s no-”

 

*riiiiiiiing*

 

Chaeyoung groaned, quickly taking the device vibrating in her pocket.

 

*Unkown number calling*

 

Chaeyoung looked around, making her meet Jihyo and Yeri’s piercing gaze.

 

She know who the caller is, that’s why she signalled them to take down notes through morse code.

 

Mina just looked at her before walking further away.

 

She thanked God for what Mina did, at least she’s not the one who walked away.

 

“Hello?”

“Enjoying yourself? Son Chaeyoung?” A deep voice answered from the other side.

“What do you want!”

He chuckled. “You won’t even ask who I am?”

“I said what do you want!” Chaeyoung looked back to find Jihyo.”

“I won’t do that if I were you. I know Yeri is there. One wrong move Son, or I will make all of the people inside will be breathless.” He laughed. “Get it? Breathless”

 

Chaeyoung gulped.

 

“You don’t believe me? Let me prove it to you.”

The Chaeyoung saw a red dot pointed at her chest. Her body quivered. She stood straight.

 

“Hands on the side Son.”

 

She obliged, unknown to him, the taps she was making on her jeans.

 

“Good girl. Ahhhh! Mina is there!”

“Leave her the alone Bam!”

He scoffed. “She would be a nice addition to my collection. With that kind of skin, and that beautiful face and body!” He sighed. “You ruined everything girl.”

She can feel the hatred through the call.

“You ing ruined everything! You even go and surrender me to the police!” he panted. “Such a bad girl. You broke the truce.”

“You’re the one who broke it first.”

“Shut up!” he shouted causing her to flinch. “I will make you pay for this.”

“What do you want!”

“Calm down girl. Of course I wanted Mina.”

“I told you to leave her the alone.”

“Oh don’t worry. I WANTED her. Past tense. Now, looking at you…… You are a better addition than her. I want you, Son Chaeyoung”

 

Chaeyoung felt chills in her spine.

 

“Let’s play a game. I know you’re looking for my one and only hide out, where my collections are locked in. I can tell. Now…. Let’s play hide and seek. With a twist.”

 

For some reason she can see him wear that creepy smile on the other side.

 

“I will give you time to hide. Not only from me. But from everyone you love, Mina, your Mom, your friends, even Yeri included.”

“Wha-”

“I’m not done explaining here!” He hissed. “I have connections, Chaeyoung. And you know that. I won’t ask where you are of course, to be fair. But once any of them made contact with you, you’re dead, she’s dead, everybody’s dead.” He laughed like a psychopath.

“Oh right. You can see them, but they can’t see you. As for you! You know where to find me. You can use any kind of method to find my warehouse. If you can.” He laughed again.

“This is a race, Chaeyoung, you can’t tell anyone about it. Remember, I’m watching you. I will give you a head star of 12 hours. Starting……….. Now.”

 

And the call ended

 

She gulped and ran inside.

 

“I’m sorry everyone, but I have somewhere urgent to be.” She looked at Jihyo which gave her a nod in response.

 

She sighed in relief knowing she successfully relayed the information to them.

 

“Awww. Leaving so soon?” Sana pouted.

“Mianhae unnie. I just got a call.” She stated, still tapping in her jeans.

 

She can feel eyes piercing her but she ignored it.

 

She bid goodbye to everyone in there.

Mina being the last.

 

She smiled sadly, after the unsuccessful talk, how will she explain herself to her.

“Bye. Mina.” She just waved, knowing that the girl might still be mad. And that she will probably reject her hug.

 

“Tzuyu, Dahyun, walk me out?”

 

When they reached outside, Tzuyu suddenly pinned her to the ground. Everybody inside saw it, they wanted to go and help to stop the fight, but to their surprise, Jihyo was the one to stop them.

“What the hell Jihyo! Your kids are fighting!”

“Let them talk.” She just stated


 

“I thought you’re leaving tomorrow! What happened!” Dahyun asked

 

Chaeyoung just sent an apologetic smile.

 

“I’m sorry.”

“ YOU!” Tzuyu punched her.

 

“JIHYO!?” Sana shouted, seeing her girl in rage.

“Let them talk. This is out of our business.” She calmly stated while still worried about what will happen.

 

Mina looked at her, and at the three figure outside, hands over .

 

“Just tell us something! PLEASE!” Tzuyu tried to shake Dahyun away from her, as the older girl tried to take her off Chaeyoung.

“I’m sorry.” Chaeyoung looked at them straight.

 

“You called!?” A car stopped in front of them.

“Kang oppa?” Dahyun widened her eyes.

“Yo? Jihyo asked me to drive someone to the airport. Who’s leaving?” he asked innocently, masking the knowledge he has about her situation.

 

Chaeyoung Jumped and hugged the two tight.

“I’m sorry, but the hints are with Mina. Please. Be safe.”

 

She let them go and ran to the car. Leaving the two standing.

They quickly wiped their tears and went inside.

 

“Oh my God!” Sana approached them. “Are you two okay?” they just nodded.

“Where’s Yeri?” Tzuyu asked

 

“She’s in the kitchen.”

“Thank you baby.”

 

She waltzed into the kitchen, finding the person she was looking for.

 

“When is your flight?”

“I’m not going anymore.”

“What?”

“Something happened. And I’m just a nuisance.”

“YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE TOGETHER! SHE’s 19 FOR SAKE!” Tzuyu clenched her fist, trying to calm herself down.

“What happened?” Dahyun just arrived.

“Chaeyoung went alone.” Tzuyu closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

“What? Isn’t she supposed to go with Chaeyoung?” Dahyun looked at Yeri, who had her eyes wide while looking at their back. There, standing was Mina.

She scoffed and just left for the backyard again.

“Great. Another misunderstanding again. Okay. you two first. He’s not after me, and another truce was added where I have to be away from her, That’s why I have to stay. And that is all I can say, because I know nothing aside from that. Now. May I excuse myself to go and talk to Mina-ssi?”

 

She didn’t wait for their reply and just walked past them. She directly went to the figure dozing outside.

 

“Mina-ssi. Let’s talk.”

“What is there to talk to? I mean, it’s not like I can stop her from getting another girlfriend..”

“Mina-ssi..”

“I know that she got into a relationship too fast…”

“Myoui-”

“Of course she still loves you. You’re her first love and I am fine with that…”

“Min-”

“But it still hurts, knowing that you two are together-”

“MYOUI!” Yeri shouted, causing Mina’s rambling to stop.

“Thank God you stopped talking. Let me talk first! okay?” she sighed.

“I still love Chaeyoung. BUT! I don’t have a chance you know? This whole thing- THAT whole thing is for your safety.”

“Safety my . She just wants to have some alone time with you.”

“Mina-ssi! I know that she FORGOT to consider your feelings in this. But this plan is purely for your safety! I just can’t stand it when Bambam started to plot in killing her.”

“He what?”

“I’m the one who asked her for help.”


 

Flashback

(The day after Mina’s birthday)

Chaeyoung hummed happily, Mina just got inside and she was about to open the car door when her phone rang.

 

She looked at the caller's info but it's just an Unknown number.

 

She opened the car door and sat on the driver's seat while staring at it.

 

Curious, she answered it.

 

“Hello?”

“Ch-Chaeyoung?”

“Yeri? What’s wrong?”

“He- I need your help.”



 

“She hated it! this plan. I can see it from her face. Everytime that we have to discuss this, it shows that she hates how you have to put up with that Psycho. She didn’t even talk to me much. She just asked and asked if you’re okay!”



 

flashback

The girl put down her phone after Bambam hung up and looked at the person beside her.

“It's working…..”

“……”

“Are you really sure about this? I can't believe that all of this is your plan.”

“…..”

“Well. We just have to wait till the d-day to know if your plan really works.”

 

This person wore a serious face and jumped down from the second floor.

 

 

“See you.” Yeri watched that person walk away. But before that person completely disappeared, she shouted. “CHAEYOUNG!”

Causing the latter to stop. “She’s okay! We will make sure she’s okay!”

The girl listened to her, she nodded and continued walking.

 

 

“Even her paintings? It’s all about you!”

 

 

“Why are you painting a swan?”

“She looks like a swan while dancing.”

“What? Then what’s with the Penguin?”

“It just reminds me of her.”

“The Ketchup the other day?”

“It’s her favorite.

“What about the- pfft Why am I even asking.”

 

Both of them laughed.

 

 

“I know that everyone has their own level of Pain tolerance, but from my own point of view? Chaeyoung is hurting more here. You’re mad at her, but she’s mad at herself. You may hate her for doubting your faith in your relationship but she hates herself for doing that. She sacrificed so much, for you, cause you don’t know what she knows about him. She’s just protecting you Mina.” Yeri sighed. “I know that you’re not mad anymore. I’ve been there. You’re just scared of getting hurt again.”

 

It’s true. She’s not mad anymore.

She was never mad at her to begin with. She just can’t handle the pain she felt. And now, this girl slapping her with how much Chaeyoung did for her, while she just threw a tantrum, not even letting the girl explain.

 

“Look Mina, I totally understand you are hurt. But, I can’t just-” she huffed “Do you know why she hesitated to tell you she is a CEO before and tried to leave without telling you?”

Mina shookt her head.

 

“You probably thought that she just doesn’t trust you, but you are wrong. I can see why your group is so solid. She never thought you guys would take advantage of her. She never thought you guys would see her as walking money. No, she never thought any bad things about all of you, especially you. She thought that you don’t deserve to be with someone who wouldn’t have time to show you the love you deserve.”

 

At this point, Mina is already shedding tears.

 

“Now, I got that out of my system.” Yeri breath deeply. “Never tell her that I told you all of this. I just can’t see her like that. And don’t worry, even though I do still love her, I won’t take her away from you. It happened once to us, and I won’t let it happen to her relationship again.”

 

Mina sniffed. “Where is she now?”

She stood up. “I have to talk to her.”

 

Yeri just stayed mum.

 

“Come on! Let’s go follow her!”

 

Yeri sigh. “I’m sorry Mina, but……. you’re too late.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know where she is going, both of us will go to the same country, but she won’t stay there, that was just to confuse him. I really don’t know where she was going.”

“Wha- Don’t Lie with me.” Mina’s voice cracked.

“It’s true.” Jihyo interfered.

“You are also in this?” Mina asked, looking offended.

“I want to stay quiet but seeing Yeri spill almost half of it, I decided to dive in.”

Mina couldn’t look at her so she put both of her hands on her face.

“Who else know.”

“Basically, Chaeyoung knows 100% of her plan, I, and Daniel know around 60%, Yeri 75% given that she was the one who asked us for helped, and the two maknae knows less than half, Chaeyoung don’t want them to be involved too much.”

 

And right on time, the two went out, holding canned beers.

 

“Yah! You two are still under aged!” Nayeon shouted from the inside.

“Let them! Just this once!” Jihyo answered for them.

“Oh my god! What the hell is wrong with you today?”

Jihyo just shrugged.

 

“Why are you looking like us like we betrayed you?” Tzuyu asked as she approached the group.

“Because you did.” Mina replied.

“What?”

“She already knows as much as what you know, maybe more.” Jihyo explained.

“Who spilled?”

“I did. Can’t help it.” Yeri raised her hands.

“Do you know where she’s going?” Dahyun asked.

“No. She never told me.”

“We know something.” Dahyun looked at Tzuyu, still reluctant to tell what Chaeyoung told them.

“What is it?” Mina asked.

 

Dahyun and Tzuyu nodded at each other.

 

“She told us 15 days ago, that the letters she sent you have hints. But she didn’t specify what kind of hints. And earlier, she told us the same thing.”

 

All of them looked at Mina.

 

“But those are Photocards with a single word on each, what kind of hint would you get from that?”

 

“Knowing the artistic side of Chaeyoung, and how smart she is, she will leave any kind of clues if she needs to be found. But, this is not a situation like that.” Jihyo put a hand under her chin.

“What do you mean?” Dahyun asked.

“Long story, and I can’t tell you three about it. But this is more serious than you think. She won’t leave a trace. But why did she say Mina has hints….” Jihyo thought deeply.

 

Yeri widened her eyes.

 

“I think she knows something we don’t know.”

“What do you mean?” Jihyo asked.

“She never left the room when we were at oxford, but she does continuously study his case.” Yeri stood up. “We are meeting up in my dorm. I will compile all my files and Jihyo. You go and look through the files on your own. Mina, do you still have access to her room?”

“I have a spare key that I never had the chance to return to her.”

“Good. Use the date of your anniversary for the code at the box under her bed. Tzuyu, go with her. and Dahyun, you go get our snacks.”

Dahyun groaned. “Why is my task not so helpful.”

“I can’t think of anything you need to do. I have to go, I spread the files in different parts of my house.”

“Why?” Mina

“My family can’t know. I need you guys tomorrow. ASAP. This is not a situation she can handle by herself.” Yeri started to walk past them. “After lunch, be discreet.

 

 

Operation Help Chaeyoung, START.