The bartender.

My own story

Just a reminder, all those who were italized (I) are some of what happened and one by one, I will reveal on how Chaeyoung planned that. Everything. So here, I will reveal who is the bartender that night, making the impossible, possible. That is why Yeri told Mina to thank the bartender.

 

 

Chaeyoung stayed for about half an hour in that cafe, just zoning out.

 

Everything she have done was for Mina.

Where did it go wrong?

 

“Miss?” the waiter waved 3 plates of cake in front of her. Given that the waitress is not dumb, she asked “Should I pack these up?”

“uh? ah… Mm” she nodded. “Thank you.”

 

She quickly went home after paying for the cake.

 

The moment she entered her room, she was entranced with the 4 pair of eyes looking at her, expecting some good news.

 

“How did it go?” Yeri asked.

“What are you guys doing here?” She asked as she settled down the floor along with the 3.

“Unnie called us the moment she stepped out of the cafe. Lisa included.” Dahyun answered as she reached for the pouch Chaeyoung brought.

“I’m assuming it didn’t end well? Given that you brought the cake Yeri ordered?” Lisa pointed out from the chair she was sitting beside the bed.

 

Chaeyoung shook her head.

 

“We broke up.” she started causing the 4 to shout simultaneously.

“WHAT!?”

 

She just sighed.

 

“She told me that I didn’t consider her feelings throughout the plan. I did everything for her. What the heck. I’m so stupid.”

“You did it for her safety bro.” Dahyun put an arm around her shoulder.

“But i didn’t consider her feelings throughout this! She played a big part in this!”

“Chaeyoung! without careful planning, she would have been tortured by now!” Yeri

“Her words are a big slap to me! Yeri. I should’ve talked to her. I never realized that I did protect her physically, But i hurted her emotionally.”

“That’s okay Chaeyoung. She will come around. You did this for her.” Lisa

“ I wish, Lisa. Anyway, how about the bar? Isn’t your shift starting now?” Chaeyoung asked as she watched the 3 take the cakes from their boxes.

“I left the bar the moment she told me he learned the plan.” Lisa pointed at Yeri.

“There’s no way he learned it that easily. And it’s not possible that there’s a mole here. Only 5 of us knew what was going on.” Tzuyu stood up. “I’m getting plates and forks.”

“Add some drinks too!” Dahyun added while Tzuyu reached for the door who made an ‘okay’ sign.

“Is it from the bar you were working at?” Ch

“That’s also a possibility. But I’ve already done my assignment.” Lisa then took out something from her bag.

“What is this?” Chaeyoung asked while looking at the paper consisting of flights, purchases, and receipts.

“I know someone pretty good who can do these kinds of dirty things. Anyway, I tracked his card. Turns out he followed you everywhere. If you’ve noticed, the purchases he made in oxford? the exact place where you set up our video call. He even rented the room next to you! What a wicked guy.” Lisa exclaimed.

“This is too much Lisa. You shouldn’t even be in this mess.” Yeri pitied.

“Ani. Chaeyoung’s dad has done so much for my family. This is nothing.”

“My dad lent money to your dad to open his- ” Lisa interrupted chaeyoung.

“Chaeyoung. Your dad also has nothing that time. And he chose to help my dad. An ex-convict Chaeyoung, Who would lend money to an ex-convict worth a year of their salary. Learning what he has done to my family, who wouldn’t want revenge.” Lisa said the last sentence with so much hatred.

“Lisa, calm down.” Dahyun

“I won’t! not until that guy gets what he deserved! He framed my dad! in murdering my Mother and Bambam! I! I!”Lisa raged.

 

“woah woah woah! What’s happening here!” Tzuyu puzzled when she entered the room in such chaos.



 

(A brief on Lisa’s background)

Lisa works in the bar at night as a bartender.

Despite being a scholar in the university, she still has to work for her own bills. She doesn’t want to rely on her dad anymore.

Aside from that, she is not used to spending money that she didn’t work for.

 

Lisa has 3 siblings. She was the 2nd eldest.

However, his brother and mother were murdered one night, where his dad was framed. She didn’t know the real killer, not until Chaeyoung approached her that night in the bar along with Yeri.

 

She was mixing drinks as she normally does, when her manager called her attention.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Someone paid for an hour for you.”

“What? I do-”

“Just go to the VIP room 3. They paid a pretty price for you.”

 

She sighed as she dragged herself up the stairs, where the VIP rooms were situated.

She was cursing those filthy men, whoever paid her. Rage is the only thing she feels at the moment.

 

But that quickly vanished once she saw who hired her.

 

“Ch-chaeyoung?” she looked to the other person. “Y-Yeri?”

“Hi.” Yeri smiled.

 

She looked left and right before fully entering the room.

 

“Lock it.” Chaeyoung asked.

 

She gulped and obeyed.

 

“Don’t you have a g-g-”

“Relax” Chaeyoung chuckled.

“We didn’t buy your time for that kind of thing.” Yeri laughed along with her.

 

Then suddenly, both of them stopped laughing and became serious, making Lisa anxious.

 

“Lisa. I want you to think this through, but before that, you have to read this. We are not accepting your answer today. But we will tell you what we need from you.”

 

Lisa gulped as she received the flash drive Yeri gave her. “What is this?”

“That contains the mystery of your Mother’s and Brother’s death.” Chaeyoung exclaimed.

“wh- what?”

“We found your killer. Well, technically he came to us, sooooooo but we did find him.” Chaeyoung interrupted.

 

With this, Lisa suddenly wanted to go home and insert the flash drive and finally solve the puzzle she has been trying to solve for years.

 

“Your family have done so much to mine Chaeyoung. Whatever you need, just text me. Tell me anything. I will do it for you.”

 

With that, the two smirked and started to tell her their plan.

 

After an hour.

 

“I just need to spike his drink? That’s it?” Lisa asked.

Chaeyoung nodded.

“Exchanged with this? That is it?” Lisa raised the flash drive.

“Well….. we don’t need any othe-”

“I can keep an eye on Minassi. I can help with that.”

“Lisa….”

“Please!”

 

Knock! Knock!

 

“Time is up!”

 

Lisa just looked at her with such determination.

Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“Fine, you are on the team for now. I will text or call you when I need you.” Chaeyoung stood up.

“Thank you.” Lisa bowed.



 

“Calm down Lisa! breath!” Yeri advised when she saw Lisa palpitate.

“I’m okay.” She breathed deeply. “I’m okay.”

 

Tzuyu put down the utensils and turned to Chaeyoung.

 

“Your mom is smart as heck.”

 

Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

 

“She just helped me think of a plan to surprise Sana on her birthday!”

 

Dahyun groaned. “Tzu! We’re here to check on Cub. Not to plan your girl’s party!”

 

“NO! That’s IT! Chae! You have to be there!” Tzuyu

“But I have to submit my paperworks to the Dean.”

“Paperworks? Didn’t you already finish the scholarship.”

 

Chaeyoung gulped.

 

“Remember the offer I told you?”

“When?”

“Your birthday?” Chaeyoung pointed at Dahyun.

 

All of them thought hard.

 

May 28

 

“All right. I told them that I will keep you company.” Tzuyu entered the room as Dahyun set up the laptop.

“Okay…. they’re coming in…………. CUUUUUUB!!!!” Dahyun shouted when the call connected.

“DUUUUUBS! HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!” The other line shouted at the same enthusiast.

“How I wish you were here. Why can’t you go home?”

“You know exactly why Dahyun.”

 

The three of them became silent.

 

“Lisa is not coming?”

“No. Neither does Yeri. Today’s her rehearsal. Wait a minute”

Chaeyoung went out of the room and came back.

“Yall see this?” She pointed at the signature below.

“......Is that?” Dahyun squinted her eyes.

“YES!! IT IS! IT’S LIU XIAODONG!!!” Chaeyoung exclaimed happily.

“How did you get his sign?” Tz

“He came here the other day. And guess what!!!!! HE GAVE ME AN OFFER!!!”

“....offer? What kind of offer..” Dahyun’s excitement suddenly went down.

“He offered to be my mentor for 4 months!!!!” Chaeyoung exclaimed happily, not noticing the aura of those on the other side of the screen.

“When?”

“Next year! Starting January!”

“.....”

“Yah! Why are you all so gloomy!”

“You’re leaving for a long time again…..” Tzuyu

“You can handle things without me right? Why are you guys like this. Come on! We literally call each other everyday!.”

“We’re not talking about that.” Dh

 

Chaeyoung scrunched due to confusion then eventually understood what was going on, making an oh sound.

 

“..........How is she?”

Still gloomy.”

“...I’m sorry, I never thought of that.”

“You’re still dense as hell.” Tzuyu chuckled. “And we do miss you.”

“It’s been just a month Tzu! don’t be like that!”

“It’s been a month and you look……. Are you working out there?”

 

Dahyun leaned on the screen when Tzuyu said that.

 

“ You do look a little bit buffy. Not in the bad way though.”

“I literally have nothing to do in my free time. So I do some home exercise. Why?” as she took her shirt off.

“Can I see your back? You look lean!” Tzuyu suddenly took her top off.

“Look! I’ve been trying to build my back muscles!” As she turns her back on the camera.

“I just did some planks, and the bridges.” Chaeyoung also turned her back.

“What! No fair!” Dahyun took her top off.

“DUBS! What happened to you! EW COVER THAT UP COVER THAT UP!”

 

Then suddenly, her bedroom door opened, making her close the laptop quickly due to her reflex.

The two turned around revealing their stunned friends and family.

 

“The Liu offer?” Dahyun asked.

“Is that when both of us are not present?” Yeri pointed at herself and Lisa.

 

Tzuyu nodded. “you accepted it?” she asked

 

Chaeyoung gulped again.

 

“I accepted it earlier.”

 

“WAEEE!?” The two shouted.

 

“She said she doesn’t want to see me again.” Chaeyoung squeaked while covering her ears.

 

“Idiot! Like you've never been in a relationship!” Yeri scolded.

 

The irony

 

“Well, I’m telling you, whenever Jennie told me to leave her alone, she always meant the other way around. I learned that the hard way.” Lisa shivered at the memory she has when she really left her girlfriend alone.

 

Tzuyu groaned. “Anyway!!! Sana’s PARTY!!! We can also go on a vacation! like last time. Or! We prepare at her house. Either way! You will talk to Mina! I’m pretty sure she would avoid you at all cost. And that is the only perfect time that you will see her.”

 

“Oh! You can make her her favorite!” Dh

“It’s a party! you idiot! There’s a lot of food in there.” Tz

“You can actually just go and talk to her. You don’t need to do something grand.” Yeri.

“I’m inviting you two. You’ve been great to us.” Tz

“It’s not your birthday.” Ls

“Well. I’m in!” Yeri

“Yah!” Ls

“Chill Lisa, My girl knows you. And she will be glad to know that a good friend of mine will go there. I can just reason out that I want her to meet you. Though I am sure that both of you already met.”

“So…….. On her birthday?” Chaeyoung asked

“Yeah. You have to talk to her Chaeyoung! Before you leave! Anyway When are you leaving?”

“Yah! I haven’t even agreed yet. I told you that I have to submit my papers to the dean!”

“It doesn’t take all day to pass it!” Tz hissed.

“I will drive you! just to make it faster.” Yeri

“It’s settled then.” Ls

“Wait, I’m calling Sana.” Tz

 

‘Is she going to forgive me?’ chaeyoung thought while she watched the 4 plan the birthday party.