Escaped

My own story

“Tzuyu….”

“Yes auntie?” Tzuyu replied while preparing the utensils in a tray.

“Is Chaeyoung and Mina okay?”

 

 

With this, Tzuyu completely stopped moving, she gulped and turned to meet Mrs. Son’s worried gaze.

 

.

 

 

“Uhm……”

“Don’t need to lie Tzuyu. I know my daughter. Ever since she came back, she looked timid. And just now? She looked like it’s the end of her world.”

 

Tzuyu gulped again.

 

Mrs. Son sighed. “I can’t bare to see her like that. Tzuyu.”

“Ne, Auntie?” She answered like a soldier.

Mrs. Son chuckled. “I remember last year you guys getting on a trip at new years?”

“Uhm.. Yes, It’s my girlfriend’s birthday.”

“Really?” Mrs. Son looked like she was thinking.

“I remember that she was a good friend of Mina?”

“Ne.”

“A birthday party is a good occasion isn’t it?”

“wha- Oh”

 

 

When Tzuyu realized what Mrs. Son was getting into, she was stunned. So Mrs. Son decided to finish what the girl was doing.

 

 

She chuckled when she saw Tzuyu still stunned. She put the tray in front of her.

 

 

“Go plan it with the rest then.” She smiled and walked out of the kitchen.

 

 

Tzuyu then excitedly blurted the plan to the rest.

 

 

“Sana? Baby?”

“Yes Tzu?”

“Uhm…… Your Birthday is nearing….right?”

“Uh-huh. Do you have any plan in mind?”

 

 

Tzuyu stood up and looked at the other four. “I just need a moment, be right back” And she went insed the toilet.

 

 

“Is Mina unnie there?”

“She just called. Momo and her are on the way here. Why?”

 

 

Tzuyu sighed. “You will know the reason later then. Chaeyoung looks here.”

“Babe.”

“Sorry. It’s just like, she really looks like shi- she looks bad.”

“What happened? Mina was crying while on the phone.”

“I told you, you will know later. Anyway, I think we can’t be alone on your birthday.”

She gasped “Waeeeeee” Sana whined.

“I’m sorry baby. But our date will happen! I promise.”

“....”

 

 

Tzuyu knows that her girlfriend is pouting without actually seeing her.

She chuckled.

 

 

“Your birthday is something. The first time the two kissed, then now?” she scoffed

She can hear the giggle she always loved on the other side of the phone.

 

 

“Anyway baby, we’re doing it in your house. Is that good?”

“I will have to ask my parents about it. But I’m pretty sure we can make it happen. It’s just us right? the gang?”

“Add at least 10 people to that.”

“You’re bringing someone?”

“Yes. We are on good terms recently.”

“Okay.”

“It’s settled then.”

“Mmm.”

“I have to go…..”

“Mmmm”

“Sana.”

“Mmm?”

“The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?”

 

 

Tzuyu quickly end the call. Knowing her girl would Blush to what she just said. She just recently learned the phrase herself.

 

 

She went out of the bathroom and was met with 4 pairs of curious eyes.

 

“It’s settled. We just have to make sure that the two will get their alone time.”

 

*riiiiing*

 

“It’s my dad.” Lisa said when she took out her phone.

“I have to go.” She quickly finished the cake she was eating and took her things.

“Wait! I will go with you!” Yeri stood up and followed her to the door.

“Chaeyoung! Thanks for the food.”

 

They both waved a quick goodbye then disappeared.

 

“They’re gone. You can cry now.” Dahyun.

“I’m not crying.”

“Yes. You’re not.” Dahyun said while wiping the tear rolling down Chaeyoung’s cheek.

“It’s okay. You just want her well.” Tzuyu settled herself beside the cub.

“I never thought it that way you know.” Chaeyoung said in wavering voice.

“I just-” Her voice cracked.

“We know. We know. We know everything you did for her. It’s fine, just give her time.”

 

 

 


 

Before Dahyun’s Birthday, they went out to eat to have a certain penguin get her mood lifted.

 

“Dahyun-ah……. how is she?”

“I’m fine. Thank you for asking for my well being cub.”

“Unniieeeee.”

“Yah! Never in my entire life you have called me unnie! What happened to you!?”

Chaeyoung groans, causing Dahyun to laugh.

“She’s doing fine. I managed to convince Momo to feed her. She’s not eating well.” She said while looking at the group of teenagers trying to feed a certain penguin.

“Are you near them?”

“No, I excused myself. Oh! Tzuyu is coming.”

“Chaeyoung!”

“What?”

Tzuyu sighed.

“I’m tired of this . When is this going to end?”

“When Bambam rotted in jail. Anyway, any news?”

“Lisa just told us this morning, he’s still in the hospital.”

“I thought he resigned?” Tzuyu eyed Dahyun

“He didn’t pass the letter yet.” Dahyun shrugged then looked back to their table. “Uhhhh. Chaeyoung? We’re calling you back, Jihyo unnied’s coming.”

“Wait! I-”

Tzuyu snatched the phone “YEAH WE KNOW TAKE CARE OF MINA, PROTECT HER FROM ANY HARM. MAKE HER HEALTHY AS YEAH YEAH WE KNOW BYE.” and ended the call.

She quickly straightened her back when Jihyo finally stood in front of them.

“Annyeong unnie.”

 

 


 

Tzuyu sighed as she recalled the time she had to hide a letter from the rest of the gang.

She quickly dismissed herself into the bathroom, giving a signal to Dahyun on the way.

 

 

 

Dahyun’s Birthday.

 

After she locked the bathroom’s door, she quickly dialed the number of the sender.

 

“Cub. I got your letter.”

“Good. Did you make sure no one saw you hide it?”

“Can’t promise that.”

Chaeyoung sighed.

“Why do I have to obey and follow your order. Why don’t you just come back here. Tell her everything and take care of her directly!”

“You know I can’t do that!”

 

Tzuyu sighed.

She opened the letter and read it.

“Chaeyoung” She called as she read the first letter.

“What do Lisa unnie have to do with this?.” she asked when she remembered the time Chaeyoung revealed Lisa as part of the group.

“Just give the second page to her. She knows what to do.”

 

Tzuyu sighed.

 

“This is for her Tzu. And you and Dahyun can’t do this.

“Yah! Believe me, nothing will happen to her! Moreover. You’re the one at risk! And you know that we will do everything to make you safe!”

 

She pulled the second page, containing information written in morse code. She follows what was instructed to her, cursing herself that she never tried to learn morse code.

 

“You don’t wanna know what I knew.” Chaeyoung's voice was so low, that you can feel chills go through your spine.

“Tell me Tzuyu. Do you want to know why he works as a doctor?”

 

Tzuyu gulped.

 

“No. And it’s better that way.” Chaeyoung answered her own question.

 

*Click*

 

 

 

Tzuyu gulped when she remembered that scenario. She waited for Chaeyoung to calm down before asking.

 

“Why did he take Medicine as an occupation?”

 

Chaeyoung visibly flinched from her position. Fear and anger are both evident in her eyes. But like a bubble, it vanished in an instant.

 

“You will know in the right time.” she said in a voice with venom and so low, that you will mistaken her as a man.

 

Tzuyu and Dahyun shivered at the sudden 360 turn of her attitude.

Suddenly Chaeyoung stood up causing the two to flinch.

 

“I’ll go sleep. You can stay if you want.” Chaeyoung coldly stated before going to the bed.

 

The two were stunned at the sudden change of her attitude.

Who the heck is Bambam, and what did he do to make Chaeyoung turn like this whenever asked about his background.

 

“Were going to watch TV.” Dahyun the television and was met with the news, like destiny is playing with their fate, the guy they were talking about minutes ago was on the screen

 

 

The Headline was “Serial Killer who were finally captured after 15 years, escaped.”

 

 

“uhhhh….. Chae?”

“MM?”

“I think you need to see this.”

 

 

The reporter spoke the moment Tzuyu ended her statement.

 

 

“It was said that, this SK have been hiding through different persona, hiding his real identity, while continuously murde-”

 

 

They both turned to Chaeyoung who were holding the remote control.

 

 

“What the heck Chae!? We we-”

“Call Sana.”

“Wha-”

“CALL SANA!”

“Okay okay!”

 

 

Tzuyu dialed Sana without any delay, seeing how serious Chaeyoung is.

 

“Hello?”

 

She covered the Mic.

“She picked it up. Now wha-”

 

Chaeyoung snatched the Phone, Tzuyu showing no sign of protest seeing the unfamilliar expression on her Bestfriends face

 

“Sana unnie. Is Mina there?”

“Yes….. Who is thi-”

“What are you guys doing?”

“Nothing…...why?”

 

 

Chaeyoung turned silent, trying to hear if the girls were watching anything, looking for a noise only a television can make. And to her relief, it’s just sobs and sniffles she can hear.

 

 

Wait, she’s relieved? Well, That is better than them knowing what was on the TV

 

 

“Do you want to talk to Mi-”

“No thank you, unnie. Just calm her down and let her watch Marvel movies. Just watch marvel movies, don’t make her watch anything else.”

 

 

She sighs, turning soft at the moment. “Tell her that I love her. I will always will. ”

 

 

When she ended the call, she turned to look at Dahyun who has her brows met in the middle, curiosity evident in her eyes.

 

 

“Chaeyoung. Tell me what the is going on?”

“I’m sorry. But I have to make another call.”

 

Chaeyoung quickly turn around.

 

“Hello? Sir? It’s me Chaeyoung. I’m sorry but something urgent suddenly came and I have to settle this first and I believe it will take me a long time. So I have to, unfortunately, decline your offer…….Yes……..Yes….. I am really sorry Mr. Lu……… Yes…… Thank you very much……… Take care of yourself too…. Good bye sir.”

 

“what did you do?” Tzuyu asked.

“You two. Listen to everything I’m about to say.”

 

The two nodded simultaneously.

 

Chaeyoung breathed deeply.

 

“The moment he escaped from the police is the moment I knew that my plan failed. And with that psychopath on loose, nobody is safe. Nobody. I want you two to never contact me again.”

“What? What the f- Are you insane? NO! As much as I don’t want to admit, there is something missing without you with us!” Dahyun stood up abruptly.

“Dahyun….” Chaeyoung sighed. “Look. I can’t bring you in my mess. Once that you learned who the he really is. You-” she choked

“Then who the is he! Chaeyoung!”

“At the moment, he is a guy who seeks revenge to someone who had him caught. And that is me and Yeri. This has nothing to do with you, Dahyun, and Lisa. He doesn’t know you three were involved.”

 

Chaeyoung pat his lap and stood up to take something in her wardrobe. She took out a suitcase making the the two panic.

 

“Y-yah! Where are you going!”

“Somewhere.”

“Give a specific place Chaeyoung!”

“I can’t.” She said as she threw her clothes in and dialed someone.

 

“Yeri…………” She sighed. She tried so hard to not make her voice quiver.

“H-have you watched the news?...........Oh? Then, I want you to meet me at the Warehouse………. He escaped…….. you know what will happen to us right?......eh?” She looked at the two who looked like a lost puppy.

 

She sighed again for the nth time.

 

“Are you sure?.......” She asked while looking at the two.

“Fine…… but after that, we’re leaving. Book us different hotels for 15 days. Starting from tonight then send Lisa to take our luggage there, then we will follow in the morning of 30th. Understood?....... Okay, it’s settled then.”

 

 

She settled her phone down.

 

 

“Tzuyu. Dahyun. I’m going to Sana’s party. I promise I will attend. But I have to go. Promise me, no any kind of tracing bull to find me.” she said while she continued taking things here and there and putting them inside the luggage.

“Unni-”

“Tzu.” She said sternly.

“All right….......how about auntie?”

 

Chaeyoung stopped her movements and faced them.

 

 

“She will understand. We have a code for this. Dad’s shenanigans but good thing I can use it at time like this.” She touched her forehead and rubbed it.

“Can’t you give any hint? on where you are?”

 

 

Chaeyoung was startled but she slowly lifted her head.

 

 

She chuckled. “Yes. There is.”

She continued putting her things.

 

 

“Mina’s Letter.” She said while she closed the zipper of her suitcase and put a lock on it.

 

“Letter?” Dahyun asked while she eyed Chaeyoung going to the door.

“Letter?” She asked again while looking at Tzuyu who just shrugged.

 

 

Both of them followed Chaeyoung down.

 

 

“Mom.”

 

Tzuyu and Dahyun expected Chaeyoung to blurt out something, in case they can have it as a clue to where the girl is going.

But to their dismay, nothing.

 

They didn’t notice the unusual way of blinking Chaeyoung did. But her mom understood her.

 

 

“It’s okay, baby. I will wait here.” Mrs. Son smiled while she pulled Chaeyoung to a tight hug, the audience confused.

“Wait. You can use this.” Mrs. Son took her wallet from her room, and gave a card to Chaeyoung.

“Mom? what is this?”

“That’s the emergency card, for that. I told your dad that this is useless. Never thought it will be actually useful.” Her Mom ran her hands through her face.

“I know……”

“When do you think you can come back?”

“I don’t know. Everything’s pretty tough.”

 

 

Her Mom just nodded. When she faced the other two in the room, she asked “What about these two?”

“They can’t know.”

Her Mom just nodded again.

 

 

After a few minutes of silence, Chaeyoung finally bid her goodbye.

Knowing the other two, her mom helped her stop the two to follow her.

 

 

Chaeyoung hailed a cab.

The other two just watched the cab get farther, and farther away.

 

 

“I’m sorry kids. I don’t know what happened. But for some reason, her dad prepared codes for things like this. Just trust her on this. Did she say a day where you guys can see her again?”

“On Sana’s Birthday.”

“Then that’s it. She will appear there. I don’t know if she will tell you any information. But she will show up. Trust me, it’s not pleasant, being always left here. But if Chaeyoung said she can fix this, then she will fix this. Just, put your trust on her okay?”

 

 

Mrs. Son pat the two on their back before going inside the house. The other two left standing outside.

 

 

“On Sana unnie’s birthday then?”

 

Tzuyu just nodded.

 

“See you then.”

“See you.”


 

 

 

 

And the 29th of December came.

 

The two were obviously fidgeting on their seats. It’s already past lunch and they’re getting worried that Chaeyoung will not show up.

 

Well, pressure is on them as the gang we’re already complete and kept on asking them about Chaeyoung.

 

*Ding dong*

 

“I will get it!” Both of them said and hurried to the door.

 

Jihyo approached the table where Nayeon, Sana and Momo were making dumplings for later.

“What is wrong with them?” Jihyo asked.

 

Sana shrugged. “I don’t know what happened but since Chaeyoung’s appearance, Tzuyu became……”

“Quiet, and fidgety? Observant of their surroundings?” Momo interrupted.

“Yeah….. Is dahyun…” Sana didn’t continue, but concern is evident in her voice.

Momo nodded.

 

“Lisa is here!” Tzuyu announced, not so excitedly, that didn't go unnoticed by the girls. “I’ll just go get some fresh air.” She walked to the backyard.

“I will go with Tzu.” Dahyun followed.

 

The rest followed them with their gazes. When their figure completely disappeared from their sight, it landed on Lisa.

 

“What?”

“Do you know something?” Nayeon asked

“Nope.”

“Why is my girl so timid then?” Momo asked.

“Why would I know? She’s your girlfriend.”

“Why is my girl quieter than usual then?” Sana asked.

“For sake, How would I know? I’m not their babysitter!”

 

The 4 girls present just stare at her, making her feel pressured.

 

“Oh for sake, Let me talk to them then.” Lisa grumbled while stomping her way out, to where the young ones are.

 

She approached the two who looked so defeated, just watching the people pass by.

“Yah! What am I? Your babysitter?” Lisa was definitely annoyed.

The two just looked at her for a few seconds before continuing what they were doing.

 

Lisa sighed. “They will come.”

 

The two whipped her head towards her.

Lisa smiled. “Trust me. They will come.”

 

And as if God heard their cries, They heard their unnies shout her name.

 

“CHAEYOUUUUNG!”

 

The two widened her eyes. The quickle came inside.

 

“TOLD YOU SHE WILL COME!” Lisa just shouted while shaking her head at the two.

 

The two quickly ran to the living room, seeing their group of friends, Mina and Yeri excluded as the other one was busy glaring at the latter, hurdled in the middle.

 

When they peeled off the group hug, it finally showed the person they were so worried for the past two weeks.

 

“I promised, didn’t I?” Chaeyoung said with a smile while her arms were open to welcome the two. She knows how worried the two were.

They literally jumped on her, causing them to almost stumble down.

 

“The . You two are heavy.” Chaeyoung grunted.

 

The two tightened their hugs.

 

“Yah. It’s not like Chaeyoung will leave. Stop crushing her!” Jeongyeon laughed, causing the 5 people to flinch.

 

“What? Why are you so serious.”

“Nothing.” Chaeyoung just smiled while the other two released their hugs.

 

Then Chaeyoung looked for the person she missed the most. And there she is, looking at the person she came with.

 

“Mi-”

“First love never dies, huh.” Mina just scoffed before turning her back and going to the kitchen.

 

Chaeyoung sighed again and looked at Yeri, asking for help.

 

“Don’t look at me. I’m just a bystander here.” She raised her hands in defeat.

 

Chaeyoung just scratched her head.

 

This is gonna be hard.