Her Return

My own story

Third person’s view.

Mrs. Son returned to the room after telling Chaeyoung that her dad was took in the Hospital.

“Why did you tell her?” Mr. Son asked.

“Wha- You’re awake!” she immediately went to his side.

“Why did you tell Chaeyoung?” Mr. Son asked again.

“…are you mad?” she asked……. Kinda cutely……. Is she……… is she pouting?

He chuckled “Why would I ever be?” he pecked her lips.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s Dad have long patience. He was often raged. For his whole life, you can count the times he got mad by all of your finger. This is where Chaeyoung took her calmness actually. She is not as long-tempered as Mr. Son, but she definitely has long patience.

 

“I just, don’t want to tell her yet. And I want to be the one to tell her. In my own way.” He smiled.

 

Mrs. Son was getting teary eyed.

 

“shhhhhh. Don’t cry.” He wiped her tears.

“You don’t have long……”

 

The doctor in charge of him came.

 

Mrs. Son stood and slightly bowed and smiled. “Doctor.” She said.

He bowed back.

 

“Son. I’m here for the results of your examination.”

“My. Dr. Myoui. Greetings.” He smiled.
“Drop the formalities, we both knew our daughter will be together in the future.” He waved his hand.

“Anyway. Are you sure you don’t want to take the surgery? You will have a better chance of surviving. We now had a perfect heart for you. “

 

 

Here, let me tell you a brief summary of why Mr. Son was here.

 

From what Dr. Myoui said, you all must have got the hint.

Yes, Mr. Son has Heart problem. Heart Failure. His heart does not pump enough blood for his body.

Mr. Son was already in contact with his brother way before he learned his disease.                                                                                                                                      When they decided to meet up Mr. Son told his borther about his shortness in breathing, his constant fatigue.

Mr. Jeon told him to rest, he must have been overworking.                                                                                                                                                                        He told him about everything, including Tzuyu and Dahyun’s dad, and that they we’re teaching students and their plans on the future.

 

While Mr.Son was telling their plans on making the TzuChaeDa comp. He suddenly started coughing blood. He was shocked of course, he tried to hide it, but his brother was no fool. He advised that Mr. Son should have a check up.

He took the advice. Then the doctor told him that he should take certain examinations to be sure since he was showing signs of heart disease. Few days later he received the result.

 

 

Advance Heart Failure. 

 

 

He still continued working though. He told both of his companion about his disease. But he still want to continue building the company slowly. His wife understood his intentions.

Chaeyoung was now growing old, and there is a possibility that Mr. Son would not be able to see her graduate since the Doctor told him that he has not long. Though she is hurt, she supported her husband in working on his company.

 

It took them years to make it big. Even Mr. Jeon helped. The company kept growing. When the 3 was already satisfied, they then made a dealt to Mr. Son as the 3 dads are already close that they treat each other like brothers.

They want him to let Chaeyoung inherit the company earlier than expected since it is pretty obvious that his health was getting worse. Even Mr. Jeon, somi’s dad, his brother, stepped In to help.

It’s a lie that they want to catch up with each other, it’s pretty much because Mr. Son have to rest from working to the bones.

 

Since the company was big enough, their income was more stable, they transferred hospital.

He was appointed to another doctor but when the owner of the hospital learned the name, he quickly took the patient to himself. And that’s how Dr. Myoui and Mr. Son met. They learned about their daughters, shared stories here and there.

 

Before the year end, Mr. Son went for a check up. His health got worse. He was advised to take the transplant sooner, but he refused. Mr. Son was a deep person, no one knows why he does not take the offer.

Then, New year, Mr. Son suddenly collapsed. Hence, the reason why they we’re in the hospital

 

 

Now, continuing the story.

He smiled. “You out of all people knows why I don’t want to.”

 

 

Dr. Myoui just nodded.

 

“Do you want me to tell your daughter?” 

“No.” 

“Okay then, I believe she was already outside. I will go now.”

And as Dr. Myoui left, Chaeyoung came in.

“DAD!”

 

 


Chaeyoung’s POV

 

We just returned from our trip.

I sent Sana and Tzuyu first before taking Mina home.

I will tell her now, for sure.

 

She called for help in taking her things.

 

I leaned on my car as I wait for her.

She then went towards me, I held her hand, the thing that I don’t want to release the most.

 

“Chae…..” she started

I hummed and rubbed the buck of her hands.

“About the k-“

And my phone suddenly rang.

 

 

 

It’s my mom

 

 

 

“Mom?”

Chae…….. it’s your dad……. He suddenly just collapsed. We we’re at the hospital right now. Have you guys already returned from your trip? Can you go here?

 

 

My heart was already beating fast.

 

 

“Yeah. I will meet you there…..” I replied quickly.                                                                                                                                                                                      You are here already?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    "Yeah, yeah. I just dropped Mina home”
Are you okay?
“Yeah.”
You can go tomorrow if you want to.
“I’ll meet you there.”

 

 

I then ended the call.

I gripped my phone unconsciously

 

Is dad okay?

 

I Looked at Mina. “I have to go Mina…. It’s my……It’s my Dad.”

She cupped my cheeks.

“Shhhh….. shhh… shhhh  it’s fine…..go”

 

With that, I hurriedly went inside my car and went off.

 

I already noticed my Dad getting weaker. I already knew that he has disease, i saw his trash cans full of napkins with blood,plus the medicines, but I didn’t do anything and that is what I regret right now.

 

Why did I have to wait for him to tell me?

 

I cursed at myself.

 

Damn it Chaeyoung.

Stupid.

Coward.

 

I reached the hospital.

I asked the counter for the room. But was delayed a little as she asked of ID.

 

I cursed again and ran back to my car since I left my wallet there.

I returned and showed her my ID

The nurse then told me the room.

 

607

 

I went to the elevator, but there is quite a long line.

I cursed again and decided to take the stairs.

It’s exhausting, running from first to sixth floor. So I rested a little, before proceeding to the room.

 

“611………610…….609…….608….”

 

Then, a doctor went out of the next room.

 

“607.”

I went inside.

 

“DAD!?”

He was sitting on his bed with Mom beside him.

He looked worse than the last time I saw him.

He was pale.

 

“Dad…..”

He just smiled.

“I’m okay Chae. It’s just because of overworking.”

 

I know he was lying. We had the same habit when lying.

 

“You have to rest you know.”

“I know. Just a bit more. Just until you graduate.”

I sighed, I thought for a bit.

 

I can work while studying.

 

“Dad. I’ll work while studying to reduce yours.”

 

His eyes widened.

 

“No no no no no . Studying for 14 hrs a day is enough chaeyoung. You will be the one that will get overworked.”

“You’re sick. Dad. I’m waaaay more than healthy than you. I’m working.”

“No. You can take over next year.”

“Dad. “

I sighed.

“I will work under you. You can decide what I should work on.”

He was about to say something. But I quickly interrupted.

“After you took a proper rest. I will focus again on studying. I will take my classes online. But I would still go to school if I can. Please Dad. I don’t want to see you like this.”

 

He breath deeply.

I know that it’s a sign that he accept defeat.

 

“Fine.”

I silently cheered.

His lip twitched upward.

Oh no.... I thought.

 

“I will give your first Assignment then.”

I listened carefully.

“3 months. You will be my assistant. So….”

He then gave me a lot of things to do.

 

This is him not accepting defeat, he wants me to give up.
.
.
.

But hell no.

I worked myself to the bones while studying.

I explained my situation to the Dean and he understood.

Whenever I had the chance to go to school, I sneak.

I don’t want anyone to know where I am since I am definitely sure I will get stalled.

 

The only ones who know my situation is Dahyn and Tzuyu.

 

The art’s room became our 2nd hang out place.
Whenever I am at school, we spent lunch there.

 

Preliminaries passed. I waited for everyone to leave the results are.

 

 

Then I saw her there.

 

She is still as beautiful as ever.

 

 

Someone smacked my head.

“I know you miss her as much as she miss you. Why won’t you go to her.” Tzuyu said.

“I don’t have time. The only free time I have is lunch.”

“You call painting while eating free time?”

 

 

Yes. I paint while eating my lunch.

My paints are unexpectedly getting sold.

My dad Assigned me to bring work, 2 paint works a week.

 

Not only that, he assigned me a lot of paper works.

So for lunch, I do the paint, and Dinner, I do the papers.

I study in between.

I mean, taking a year worth of subjects in one semester Is freaking hard.

 

“I have to go alone, I still have to check the results on my other subjects.”

 

I then left Tzuyu.

 

The “other subjects” are the subjects I was supposed to take on my senior year.

 

Anyway, I still passed it. And they said that they will post the result along the other students next year since the scores are too high to not get recognize.

Another month have passed.

It’s already mid terms.

 

 

I went to the Dean as he called me for certain things. 

He gave me a lot of offers from different company. They saw my paints that we’re passed to the class.

He was laughing hard, he can’t explain why. But yeah…… he was laughing…

 

Anyway, I left the Dean that was stil laughing. We became quite close, so this is not considered rude to both of us anymore.

 

I ran to the arts building. I heard someone call me. But when I turned, there is no one there. I shrugged and continued running.

“You are late.” Dahyun threw a snack at me.

“Hurry up, We all know we don’t have time to sleep over anymore, we have to study now.” Tzuyu stated.

 

I nodded and went to their sides.

We we’re teaching each other certain topics when one of us doesn't understand it.

 

We we’re silently studying when Sana came wheezing.

“Chae….. Mina…….. baby….. Dahyun….”

I Blinked.  “what?”

 

“Breath babe. Breath first.”

We waited for her to stable her breathing

 

“Chaeyoung. The guy you beaten at the stop, he was here. She took Mina along with other guys.”

 

I stood up harshly

 

“How many?” Dahyun asked.

“I don’t know! 6? 7? Just go!?”

 

Tzuyu and Dahyun also stood up.

 

“Where?”

 

 

Sana lead us to the place. 

“Where are they! They we’re here  minutes ago! No… Mina…”

 

Momo then appeared. Breathing hard.

 

“They’re at the back of the university. I followed them.”

“Thank you!” I ran, I left them behind.

 

When I arrived, I saw the guy Pressing something sharp on Mina’s face. I quickly ran to them and pushed the guy.

 

“Chae….”

 

I looked back, and the first thing I saw is the small blood forming on her cheeks. I gritted my teeth and looked back at the guy on the ground.

 

“Look who’s here. The knight in shining armor.” He smirked. “I’ve been waiting.” He played with the knife on his hands. “I believed that this has no effect on you.” He threw the knife and took his bat.

 

I slowly took a step back and leaned back.

“Mina, go run.”
“What! Again? No. I am not leaving you Chaeyoung.” 
“Mina.” I said Hardly
“No. I don’t want to leave you.”
“This is for your safety Mina!”

 

She then suddenly hugged me.

 

God, I missed her scent.

 

“No! And what!? After this you’re gonna vanish again? Just like that? You don’t know how much I missed you Chae! And you want me to leave you here! What if something happened to you. I can- I- No! I can’t bear it to lose you like that again!  It’s just months Chae! But for me! It felt like years! Chaeyoung! I- I-“ 

I didn’t know she felt like this.

I turned around and kissed her. To silence her.

“I promise that I’ll show up at lunch again. Just. Go!”
She looked at my back and her eyes widened. 

 

“NO!” she shouted. 

 

I turned around and saw the guy with a wood get pushed. 

I looked at the tall figure dusting her hands. She nodded.
 

“MINA!?” Sana shouted at the side.

I held her cheeks. “Go to them.”

I saw someone about to attack me so I released my hold and dodged.

Another guy was on the ground. Dahyun on top, punching him non stop

 

“No! One! Messes! With! Our! Girl!” she struggled.

Then Dahyun was pulled to the side. And thrown beside me and Tzuyu, dodging the attacks

 

More guys came. There are 11 people now. And that guy on the side. I assume he was their leader.

The 3 of us we’re cornered.

 

“I thought we’re going to stop fighting.” Dahyun stated.

“I thought so too.” I said.

“Well, this is just a small number compare to what we usually do.” Tzuyu stated.

“Small number with weapons Tzu.”

 

“And what are the 3 missus whispering there? Care to share?” he grinned.

 

We just looked at him blankly.

 

“Oh. Pardon me. I believe The 3 of you we’re not aware of my reputation. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mingyoung. The leader of one of the gangs. Nice to meet you.” He then pointed the bat he was holding to me.

“Best to remember the name that will beat you to death.”

 

I smirked.

 

“Chaeyoung. Good thing you suggested to remember my name.”

He frowned.

 

I already know him actually.
The 3 of us we’re aware.
Jeongyeon told us, the day after the others we’re knocked out. New year.


He signaled something and all 11 came charging at us.

“I will take the 3 here.” Dahyun said.

I looked at her.

“What! You both know I skip most of our kung fu practices! I am not as good as you two!”

“I will take the 4 here.” Tzuyu said

“Fine. I will take the other 4 and the leader.”

 

We took our stances.

This is nothing compared to what we have been through.

We fought dozens of high school students when we we're in middle school.

 


2 guys attacked at once so I ducked and stumbled the one on the left before judging the swings of the one on the right, then disarmed him and hit him with his own weapon.

 

When I looked front, a hatchet was suddenly singing towards me.

I quickly raised the bat I took on the ground and clashed it with it.

 

That was close.

 

I kicked him on the stomach and took his arm that was holding the weapon and broke it.

He screamed in pain.

 

I was held from behind. It was the guys I stumbled.

He was holding me on a choke hold.

Then the last guy ran towards me with a knife on his hand.

I have to deal with the one holding me first.

 

I pressed my chin down. Just to lessen the grip. With my left hand, I slowly took a hold of his wrist, my thumb slowly getting under. When I was sure that my grip is secured, I stepped my right foot on the side while my right hand was on my waist. I stepped my left foot and turned around one time to make him immobilize by making his arm almost twisted. 

 

The guy was already infront of me so I threw the guys choking me towards him and he was the one who received the stab.

 

I went to them and also broke both of their arms.

I looked beside me and the two we’re already finished as they we’re breathing hard.

 

I smiled.

 

I then looked at Mingyoung and saw him pointing two guns one on dahyun and one on Tzuyu.
He smirked.
I widened My eyes and ran towards him.

I know that he was about to fire so I quickly kicked one arm and jumped on the way on of the other as i have no time to disarm him.

I received the shot. The other one was fired on the ground since I kicked it.

 

 

I still managed to stand.

 

 

I can see the fear in his eyes as I glare at him.

 

 

It must be his first time holding a gun.

I disarmed him and push him on the ground.

Tzuyu and Dahyun then ran towards me.

“Chae!” they saw the blood on my shirt.

 

I smiled at them.

Then I suddenly felt weak.

 

Must be the adrenaline wearing down.

 

I stumbled down.

“! Chae!?” Dahyun managed to catch me.

I started to feel the pain.

 

I still received some cuts from the attacks but I didn’t notice it as I was on adrenaline rush.

Aside from the cuts, I was shot.

Damn. I didn’t know it will hurt this bad.

 

 

But I know that I will survive. I learned this last week. Dad told me several area in which the damage of bullets are lessen.

I was shot through my shoulder, aside from blood lost, I will not die from getting shot on this part.

 

But yeah, I can’t explain that to them right now, I was getting weak.

 

“Press a ing cloth to her wound!” A voice shouted.

 

She rushed to my side. 

Tzuyu took her clothes off and gave it to her.

She then started putting pressure on my wound.

Sana and Momo was calling the ambulance and the police.

 

“Mina…”

“Shh. Chae! Don’t talk!”

 

She was crying.

 

Isn’t she a Biology student? Doesn’t she kno- ah. Nevermind, all of them must be panicking.

 

“I’m fine.” I  coughed.

“Stop talking Chaeyoung! You are not fine!”

 

I was tired. I want to sleep.

I closed my eyes just to meditate, I know that I can’t sleep.

 

“No! CHAEYOUNG NO! DON’T ING LEAVE ME!”

 

I Fluttered my eyes open.

“Calm down........ i'm not...... dying.”

 

I looked around and saw Dahyun and Tzuyu crying.

 

“Why…. The are….. You two crying….”

 

Aish. I can’t talk properly now. I’m getting dizzy, must have been because of the sudden blood loss.

 

“I’m not!” Tzuyu wiped her tears.

 

I smiled weakly.

 

“I want….. to sleep…..” 

“No…. No nonono chae! Don’t stay awake for me. Please.”

 

Mina started to straddle me and pressed on the cloth on my wound harder.

 

“Where the are they!” Mina shouted.

 

 

I was slowly losing my consciouss.

 

 

“They said they’re on their way.”

“Calm down Mina.”

 

Mina looked at Momo and Sana.

 

I blinked slowly once

Their sound was starting to get faint.

 

“Chae!” Dahyun shouted.

 

I blinked slowly again.

Mina was now looking at me. Tears on her eyes visible.

I can’t hear what she was saying. 

 

Everyhing was slowly fading.

 

Then everything went black.

 

 

---------------------------------------

sup guys. sorry for the wait.

i went home and the signal was better so i had the chance to update.

Anyway, they we're united again. 

 

are they going to be together now?........ hmmmmmmmmm..