Bad Dream

My own story

A/N: sorry guys for the not updating for so long. Our class is suspended so I had time to write this. I will try to update the next chapter later. 

Chaeyoung’s POV

I was sitting on the sand near the beach, clearing my mind on things. 

I told myself that I will never, try to get into a relationship with Mina. I decided that since Dad told me about the CEO thing. 

I don’t know why I did that. That will hurt Mina more.

I pulled my bucket hat down while groaning.

 

'STUPID'

 

 

Throwback..
I pulled from the long kiss when we ran out of breath.

“I……. Really love you…… you know …. That.” I panted

 

She cried. 

I wiped her tears with my thumb.

I was really quite sober at this point, and I realize what I have done.

I breath deeply.

 

“Do you want to go to sleep?”

 

She nodded.

We both lied down on the bed. I cuddled her to sleep. 

When I heard soft snores, I slowly detached myself and went out to do some thinking

 

(A/N HAH! U THOUGHT IT’S TIME? NUH UH!!!! HAHAHA! Anyway, we will have one. Not now, but soon. But that will be on different chapter.)

 

 

 

present time......

Someone sat beside me.

“Penny for your thoughts?” 

“It costs a dollar actually.” I replied.

He chuckled “Wow. Being a businesswoman now, are we?” 

“Just kidding, oppa.” I smiled at him.

"You really are a No Jam." He amused

"I bet it's Tzuyu who told you that. I will kill that yoda in her sleep." I muttered the last sentence.

 

He smiled and took his gaze to the sea.

 

“You know, even if I know how busy Jihyo is, I still want to be with her."

He returned his gaze on me.

"Do you know why?” Kang oppa asked.

 

I shookt my head.

 

“Because I really, really love her. Don’t tell her that though.” He put a finger on his lips.

“That’s different though, Kang oppa, I am the future CEO. You know how busy being that kind of person is. Aside from that, I have to study for the next semester for a whole day. Just to be ready to take over the company. She deserves a romantic date! Not some office or school dates, the restaurant kind of date. And I will not be able to do that.” I swallowed at the thought of Mina patiently waiting for me to finish my soon to be work, just to get together.

I can’t bear it when I know she deserve better.

“And you know that she will stay with you through thick and thin right?” He sighed.

“Do you know that I already noticed Jihyo since before she got together with Wendy?”

 

My eyes widened and I looked at him. He laughed.

 

“I seriously thought that I don’t have a chance. Considering that she's with a girl. Eventually it worked out. Anyway, I watched her work. And whenever I see her finish something, I feel proud. And I will never get tired of waiting for her, because what matter the most, is she is mine, and I am hers. I know that she loves me. And I love her.” He smiled sweetly.


“So Chaeyoung, give her a chance. Okay.”

"Time is important in relationship oppa. And I can't give her a lot of that."

He chuckled once again.

"I will let you on a secret that only Jihyo and I know the, and probably Mina does."

I looked at him. "What is it?"

"My dad also owns a company"

I blinked my eyes. looking at him.

"It's true. I told Jihyo when I started to court her."

"No way......"

"Why do you think I know about your company before you guys announced it." He laughed lightly.

 

I thought of the companies that Dad told me and realized that one of the names he mentioned is Kconnect. owned by the KANG family.

 

I widened my eyes.

"Yeah yeah. I know. surprise surprise" he laughs.

"Wha-"

 

My phone suddenly vibrated.

 

Incoming call…… Dad.

I signalled Kang oppa that I will just take the call.

 

“Hello? Dad?”
*coughs*
“Dad? Are you okay?”
“Uhh… yeah. I’m fine. I just want to check on you.”


I chuckled. 


“I’m not gonna bring home some random chick dad. I have Mina.”

 

Even if I can’t see him, I know that he is smiling widely.

 

“Does that mean that I get to meet my daughter-in-law?”

 

Before I could argue, I hear shuffles from the other side. And a man’s voice saying. “Mr. Son, here are the results of your examination about your agwyqyqqiozhdhro” something covered the mic

 

I furrowed my brows. ‘About what?’ I thought

When the line went quiet, I started talking.

 

“Dad? What result?”

“It’ nothing… Ha ha…. It’s… . Ummmm *coughs* it’s an examination about the company.”

“Dad. Seriously, take some rest. The company is not going away. Take care of your health okay?”

“Who are you? My mom?” He laughed.

I snorted.

“Anyway, got to go sweetie. Have fun. Send my regards to the two. Love you.” 

“Love you too.”

 

Click

 

 

I suddenly got curious. Something is not right. There is this felling like…… something is wrong….

 

 

“Are you okay?” Kang oppa asked

I nodded my head.

“I think I'm starting to get dizzy. Tired. I’ll just go to sleep.” I said.

He stood up. “Let’s go inside then.”

 

And we both went back inside the villa.

 

“I’ll just sleep here.” I told Kang oppa while pointing at the sofa.

“You sure?” 

“Yes.” I smiled.

 

I actually did this too the first night. I sneaked out when I’m sure Mina was sleeping soundly.

I made myself comfortable and went off to dreamland…

 

 

I woke up in a unfamilliar place.

“Where am I?” I mumbled.

I was sitting in a bench in a middle of a park.

“This place is so familiar…….”

Then I saw my Dad walking my way, holding 2 strawberry ice cream.

“Dad?” 

He shoved the ice cream to me.

“Cool down. You’ve been playing all day.” He smiled. Showing his dimple on his cheeks.

I stared at him intently. 

Then eventually shrugged and ate the ice cream.

We we’re eating the ice cream peacefully when dad told me something about him leaving.

“Where would you go though?” I asked.

“Somewhere.” He smiled. He looked at me and patted my head. I noticed that his eyes are getting teary. “I want you to not hesitate on getting what you want. What you love. Okay? I want you to have a better future but not with pushing what you love away. Okay? I know you’re hesitating about something. Please Don’t.” he kissed me on the forehead. When he pulled, he smiled and stood up. Then he started to walk away.

“Dad?” He didn’t stopped walking. I have a feeling that when I don’t stop him, he will never return back.

“DAD!?” I stood up.

“Don’t! DAD! DON’T GO!” 

He continued walking without turning back.

At this point, I can feel my tears running down my cheeks. I ran to his directions, but the gap never decreased.

“PLEASE!”

 

 

A pair of cold hands was felt on my cheeks.

I fluttered my eyes open and sat upright. I was sweating and panting.

 

“Are you okay?” 

 

I looked at the side and saw a worried Mina alongside my 2 bestfriends.

 

“You’re crying. Nightmare?” Dahyun asked.

 

I'm still panting.

 

“Let me just get you some water.” Tzuyu left.

 


I actually can’t remember what’s it all about anymore. I just know that, my dad was leaving after he told me to not push away what I love.

 

“Here.”

“Thank you.” Mina said. She took the glass of water and helped me drink it.

“Better?” she asked and I nodded.

 

They all sat down and waited for a few minutes until I calm down

Tzuyu went at the back sofa and Dahyun sat beside me.

 

Dahyun leaned on to me and whispered “have you told her?”

 

I shookt my head and Tzuyu smacked the back of my head.

Making Mina comnfused and at the same time worried.

 

“Tzuyu, calm down. She just woke up.” Mina told her. She stood up.

“I will cook you lunch since the rest cleaned the plates an hour ago.” Then she went to the kitchen.

“What time is it?” I asked

“It’s quarter to 1. Anyway. Why haven’t you told her yet? You two are alone yesterday!?” Dahyun shouted in a hushed manner.

 

I looked around.

 

“Where are the others?”

Tzuyu sat beside me. “Sana, Momo and Jihyo along with Kang oppa are at the beach doing some sort of “appointment”.” She air quoted the appointment.

“ While Nayeon and Jeongyeon are at their room doing God knows what.”

 

I nodded.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, i clasped my hands.

I looked at the both of them, then on my hands

 

“Something happened last night.” I started slowly. “We-“

“YOU HAD !?” Tzuyu cutted me.

“WHAT!? NO!? IT’S!” I sighed. “I told her I love her.”

 

The two were stunned. So I continued.

 

“I also kissed her. With tongue. But tha-“

“DUDE! The plan. Is. To. Tell. Mina about the company! Not confess your feelings!” Dahyun exclaimed.

“You are not even planning to be with her! What are you doing! If you are not gonna tell her at the end of our stay here, I’m telling her in the car.” Tzuyu said.

“I WILL TELL HER. AT. THE. RIGHT. TIME. CALM DOWN YOU TWO.” I putted my hands up, signing the two of them to calm down.

“Why are you two even mad. This is not a big deal.” 

“YES IT IS CHAE!” Dahyun exclaimed.

“YOU’RE PLANNING TO JUST SUDDENLY POOF” Tzuyu gestured like a magician “BEGONE BY THE TIME THE NEXT SEMESTER STARTED! THEN YOU JUST KISSED AND CONFESSED YOU FEELINGS TO MINA UNNIE AND WHAT? YOU PLAN TO GHOST HER? HUH! YOU THINK SHE WILL BE JUST LIKE 'oohhh Chae’s gone. Anyway, gotta go find another one.' HUH! GOD CHAE! WHY CAN’T YOU USE YOUR BRAIN AT TIME LIKE THIS.

“What is all the shouting all about?” Mina appeared, holding a simple omellete sided with a little bit of veggies, and fried rice. ”

“Nothing.” The 3 of us said in unison.

She chuckled. “Eat now. Sana said she’ll bring us on the beach today to do some activities.”

 

She put it down at the coffee table in front of me and I started to dig in.

Then the 2yeon couple went down and the 4 who left for the beach arrived.

 

“So….” Sana started. She opened a folded paper.

“We had booked a special water course activity. It will start at 2:00. First we will go snorkeling for an hour. Then we will go for water skiing till dusk. Then, they will bring us to this buffet for dinner. Then we had this spot for celebrating the new years. It’s in an island. We leave the Island at dawn. Have breakfast at floating restaurant. Then we stay here to rest. Then we will leave at midnight.”Jihyo unnie explained Now shove all those food into your mouth chae! Get your things! We’re going” she continued and clapped twice.

 

I immediately shoved the food Mina cooked and cleaned it shiny. Including the choking and coughing.

I prepared for the journey along Mina.
We we’re alone in the room. I realized it just now since I’ve been too busy rummaging through the closet.

 

I think I should tell her now.

 

“Chae….”

“Mina….”

 

We both said it at the same time. 

We looked at each other for a second and laughed.

 

“You go first.” She said.

“No. You go first. What I’m about to say is not that Important anyway.” I smiled at her.

 

She then inhaled deeply.

 

“Chae. Last night-“

 

Then the door of our room busted open. Revealing a hyped jigglepuff.

 

“You two! Flirt later! We have to go!”

She took our luggage and went out.

 

The two of us once again looked at each other.
I smiled.

 

“Tell me later.” I stood up and went out.

I will also definitely tell her about that later.