Aftermath

My own story

I groaned. Feeling the hung over kick in.

I hate this feeling. Must have drank uncontrollably. 

 

I strerched my body. Feeling sore from sleeping in uncomfortable position.

 

Then I noticed the unfamiliar surrounding.

 

“Is this Nayeon and Jihyo unnie’s”

 

It looks the same from theirs but at the same time, it doesn’t.

 

 

Then I heard something from the kitchen.

I stared at the entrance for awhile, then a figure appeared, holding a tray of two bowls.

 

 

I widened my eyes in shocked, when she met my gaze, I quickly averted it.

I cringed, knowing that she took care of the drunk me. 

I am so gonna kill those two later.

 

“You’re awake.” She said, arranging the breakfast she made on the table.

“Y-yeah, hahaha” I gulped.

 

Stupid eagle. Stupid Yoda.

 

 

“Come, I cooked hangover soup. Eat it and drink these. It will help with the head ache.” She said as she went back into the kitchen. 

 

I stood up and went to the table and sat down.

She emerged from the kitchen. Holding two mugs.

 

“Figured you liked tea more than coffee so I made you tea.”

 

 

I smiled softly. “Thank you…… Im sorry for the Inconvinience Mina.”

“It’s Fine. That’s what Best friends are for.” She the sat down, hand me the medicine and the tea, and started eating.

 

 

Best friends. Haha

 

 

After eating. I offered to wash the dishes but got rejected. Saying I’m a guest. I insist, but then she glared at me.

I just walked back to the couch defeatedly and started cleaning up my mess. 

 

Everything I need is here. Those two, aish.

 

I decided to stay a little longer, just to not be rude, staying the night and leave just like that.

 

 

“Chaeng, you can wash in this bathroom” she pointed at the room next to the kitchen.

“Thank you. What about you?” I asked.

“I have another bathroom in my room.” She smiled.

 

 

She waddled back to the couch and sat next to me.

We decided to watch a movie. 

 

 

After a few minutes, I felt her head rest on my shoulders. 

She must have fallen asleep again.

 

I looked at her. Taking in every detail on her face. Those plump lips. Her eyelash. Her perfect nose bridge. And those beauty marks spread all over her face.

 

I felt my heart beat hard and fast, as if it’s trying to escape from my ribcage. It’s beating so loud, I wonder if she can hear it.

 

I yawned and rest my head on hers and went to my dreamland.

 

 

I woke up to the sunray heating my face. I squinted, and blinked until my eyes got adjusted to the light.

 

I felt something heavy on my left shoulder. I looked and found Mina still sleeping.

 

She scrunched due to the light, so I held up my hand to block it.

 

I observed my surrounding trying to get some hints on what time is it now.

The movie we we’re watching earlier is still at ending credits, so 2 hours have passed. And since we had our breakfast at 9, it must have been around 11, or 12 now.

 

 

I looked for my phone, not moving too much and still holding my hands up to block the rays to her eyes. 

I opened it and found messages, from dad, dahyun and tzuyu from our gc, nayeon  unnie, and jihyo unnie.

 

 

I opened my Dad’s first.

 

 

Dad: Chaeng. I heard you’re staying the night at the dorm. Just go home tomorrow at 8 for dinner okay? Love you.

 

 

Then I opened our gc.

Yoda: Sorry Cub, you’re at 9, so we can’t take you home.

EaglexDubu: Yeah, we would rather be killed by you than our dads.

 

 

I Rolled my eyess and replied.

 

 

Cub:Lunch is at you two for a week

Yoda: Sheeeeee Liiiiiiives!

Cub: You two are ing dead. You brought me here while Im at 9! Might as well made me drink more and brought me here at 15! That way I wouldn’t have to blabber anything and just sleep tight till the sun rise!

EaglexDubu: You want to turn Mina unnie’s Dorm into a vomit mess? Sure, next time, give us heads up.

Yoda: You rather make her stay up all night cleaning your stomach contents than blabber facts and truths? Sure thing cub.

Yoda: Btw, The lunch deal is on. I’ll pay twice, and the rest, @EaglexDubu pays.

EaglexDubu: Did your hit your head on something! That’s not half half you idiot! Why do I have to take the greater sacrifice!

Yoda: You’re the one who offered Mina unnie to let Chae stay you stupid doofus. I shouldn t be punished at all.

 

 

And they started arguing again.

 

 

I opened Nayeon unnie’s message next.

NayeonEomma: You enjoyed drinking without adults around?

 

 

I widened my eyes, in shocked that nayeon unnie knows that we drank.

 

 

I opened Jihyo unnie’s

JihyoEomma: You three, are so dead to me on Monday.

 

 

Fear suddenly took over me. I quickly went back tou our gc.

 

 

Cub: GUYS! JIHYO UNNIE AND NAYEON UNNIE KNOWS.

EaglexDubu: Knows what?

Yoda: I should have known.

EaglexDubu: They knows what?

Cub:That we drank! Without adults consent!

Yoda: Of course she told them.

EaglexDubu: . What do we do!?

Cub: Hide forever? I dunno!? No one angers GODJIHYO! I mights us be dead than suffer!?

 

 

I Heard the person next to me snicker.

 

“You’re awake.” I put down my phone.

“I’m sorry that I told your "mothers" about this.”

She lifted her head and stretched.

“Don’t be.” I smiled softly

“What time is it?” she asked.

“Around 11 to 12. Definitely lunch time. Want to go out? My treat!” I asked.

 

She chuckled slightly, and thought for a second. “I don’t have anything today, so sure! as long as it's your treat”

She stood up and went to her room. She popped her head again and said “I’ll just take a bath, you should too.” She smiled and went inside.

We took our own showers, then got ready to go out. 


.
.
.


We we’re walking down the streets. I decided to take her to my favorite café.

I broke the comfortable silence that engulfed us.

 

 

“Did I say anything weird last night?” I nervously asked

 

 

I know that once when I reached that level of drunkness, all words that will go out from my mouth is nothing but truth.

 

What if I spilled my feelings about her? Aaagh!

 

 

She remained silent. 

 

 

"If I ever said something, please, forget about it.” I continued.

 

 

I looked at her, and it looks like she’s thinking deep.

I smiled softly. Maybe she is thinking about Jeong.

Again.

 

 

“Mina..” I called softly.

 

"..."

‘Mina-yah.”

"..."

“Mina?” I burrowed my eyebrows.

 

Then I noticed her shiver.

I took her hands and put it inside the pocket of my hoodie. She flinched at the action, but eventually, relaxed.

 

 

“I called you three times, you’re not responding.” I said softly while rubbing the back of her hand.

I noticed her frown.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Worries plastered on my face.

She then smiled and sigh “Nothing. Just……. Let’s go.”

She pulled our hands out of the hoodie ang let her lead the walk, turning at the corner.

 

I smiled at her antics and sped up to catch up.

When we turned the corner, she stopped into her tracks and stared at something.

 

I followed her gaze and saw Jeongyeon with………Nayeon?

 

 

Nayeon??? Seriously! Nevermind that. Mina’s first.

 

 

I looked at her and saw her threatening tears. I pulled her away. 

 

 

I led her andjust walked and walked until we reached our destination.

I brought her to the field of our old school.

No one uses it now so I kinda used it on my own advantage.

 

 

I let go of her hand as I looked for something.

 

 

“Where are we? Chae?” she asked.

I just whipped my head to her.

I walked towards her slowly, clutching some balls behind my back.

I smiled softly and handed it to her then put the bottles on the far front.

 

 

“Let it all out.” I said. 

 

 

I let out my demotions through arts. But sometimes it’s too much to handle.

So I looked for another solution.

 

Breaking things became the answer.

 

 

I just let her put out her frustrations. Throwing the balls.

Some bouncing back to our position. Some staying in the field.

 

 

She cried and screamed. And I waited till she’s done.

 

When fatigue came over her. She slumped down beside me. Her chest heaving up and down.

 

 

“Better?” I asked

 

She nodded.

 

I waited for her to catch her breath to talk again.

 

“I’m sorry.” She started

“What for?”

“For this mess.” She exclaimed. “ I- Im a mess. If only I’m not so stupid you wouldn’t ha-“

I quickly cutted her. “No. Mina It’s fine.”

 

I touched her cheek and wiped the rolling tear with my thumbs “It’s fine.” I rested my hands there and smiled softly.

 

 

“No! It’s not. I- I- I’m becoming a burden to you” 

 

 

I Moved to her front her.

 

“Hey! Hey! Look at me!.”

She obliged.

“You are not a burden. Okay!”

 

 

I then hugged her. Patting her head and her back. We stayed like that for a while.

Whenever she saw Jeong with someone, it’s not usually like this. This is the first time I saw her cry. Maybe it’s because it’s Nayeon. It’s her friend, and she couldn’t bear to hurt both, even if she’s hurting herself.

 

 

And I’m hurting myself.

 

 

“It hurts”. She started.

“I know.”

“It’s been 3 years......” 

“Even for a long time, you will never get use to the feeling, Mina. That’s love. If when your in a relationship with a person, it’s not always love that you will feel. With love, there’s pain. And that’s not a bad thing.”

“What if I feel numb”

“If ever you started to feel numb, that’s not good anymore, you have to let go, you received too much pain, you took all the pain of that relationship, it is supposed to be shared with both of you. All right?”

“What if…… what if I don’t want to let go?”

 

I pulled and looked at her face.

 

“Sometimes. Letting go is better than holding on. Yeah it hurts. But at just at first. Eventually you’ll heal, and you will start to accept.” I stated as I look straight into her eyes.

 

 

“.......I love her.”

 

I didn't quite hear the first words, but I felt my heart sting.

But I shrugged it. Mina’s heart first.

 


I hugged her once again. “I know.”

“Thank you.” She whispered, but I managed to catch it.

I chuckled a little. “You’re welcome.”

She pulled first. “No, seriously, thank you.” She then smiled.
I returned the smile. 

 

 

"Im starting to get confused..."

"You what?"

“You’re always there for me, whenever I have problems. With Jeong or whatever. You stayed and stood by my side when I’m a mess........." she mumbled something "I don’t know how to repay you. But please don’t keep secrets from me. I can help you too. With……. With………… with her.” She rumbled

 


With her? I thought.

 

 

“Her?” I asked.

“Yes, your…” she gulped “love.”

 

 

OH My Lord. I am seriously gonna kill those two for this.

 

 

“Did I mention her name?”

 

She laughed lightly “No. Who is it by the way?”

“I-I………”

 

ohmygod. I can’t just suddenly confess here in the out field.

 

 

She tilted her head. Waiting for the answer.

 

Cute.

 

Why is she like this!? Ah!

 

 

I inhaled and exhaled deeply. Calming my rapid beating heart.

 

“It’s-“ then my stomach rumbled.

“Pfft. Why don’t we take lunch first?” She asked.

 

 

I nodded. We stood up. And she took a hold of my hand.

I was surprised at first. I'm not used to Mina initiating this. 

 

 

She led me to a near café. Not my usual. And it’s new. It’s the first time I saw it.

 

 

I kept cracking jokes here and there to lift her mood until we reached tour destination. 

 

We we’re laughing and talking.

 

I entered first. But then I bumped into someone.

 

 

“Oh my Heavens.  I'm so Sorry” I said and bowed a little.

“It’s okay.” The girl replied.

 

 

I looked up and she smiled. Which I returned.

I stood aside to let her walk out.

 

She stopped on her tracks. “You’re chaeyoung, right?”

 

I was taken aback for the sudden question. 

 

 

“Yeah. And you are?”

“Somi.” She smiled again and reached out her hand. “Jeon Somi.”

I took her hands. “Nice to meet you then, Jeon Somi.” And shook it.

 

 

I want to let go of the hold but she’s holding it tightly. So we were holding hands longer than were supposed to. Just staring.

 

 

uhm... this is uncomfortable.

 

 

“Ehem.” Mina coughed.

 

Somi giggled “My bad.”

“Hey. Um. Can I get your number?”

“What?”

“I’m sorry, it’s just that, I would love to grab coffee with you…. Sometime.” 

 

 

Wow. Lowkey flirting. Should I give it to her?

I looked at Mina and saw her with an unreadable expression.

 

 

“I….uh.” I gulped.

 

 

She followed my gaze and o’ed with .

“Your taken.”

 

I widened my eyes. I was about to deny but Mina beat me to it.

“Unfortunately. She is not!” she sternly stated and went inside the café ………. Angrily?

I fronted her. “I’m sorry.” I stated. “Maybe some other time? Yeah?” 

She smiled sadly “okay….. see you at the university.”

 

 

She walked away. I waited for her to turn the corner and followed Mina inside.

I looked for her, and found her pouting. 

 


seriously, she’s so cute.

 

 

I ordered her favorites. And I ordered strawberry frappe and cheesecake.

I went to our table with our order and sat in front of her.
She is kinda grumpy after the encounter.

“Okay,  what was that?” I started.

 

 

-----------------------------

 

Yow guys. Should I put Nayeon's Pov or 3rd Person pov?

 

Im starting Uni next week btw. So I can't promise to update everyday like usual. Labyah guys