Lies

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since that day Sandeul hugged Byul in the lobby, there was a rumor that the two of them were dating. A rumor Byul didn’t deny. She didn’t like him in that way and both she and him knew that. She had rejected his confession to her, to which he respectfully accepted. That didn't keep him from hanging around her. He himself knew this gossip would spread and let it, in hopes Yongsun would hear it. Byul was being childish, she knew gossip made its way around quickly, from staff to patients.

 

YooA had returned, she chose to be Byul’s assistant, running errands as she began to get back into a more routine life. The months she was gone were spent in the countryside with her family. Her recovery had gone well but it was recommended she not work directly with patients for a few months, so the hospital could monitor her condition.

 

“YooA, where are the papers for the patient in room 19?” Byul asked, she had to prepare for Yongsun’s final check up. 

“Director Liu came by earlier to see them. She said she would return it by noon”

Byul looked at her watch. “5PM” 

“Will you go grab them for me? She might be in her office” Byul sighed. 

“I’ll stop by her office after I submit this” YooA held up a stack of discharge papers

“Mmm alright” Byul moved onto looking at a new case. 



 


 

YooA quickly made her way down to the processing center and dropped off the stack of papers. She then made her way to the director’s office on the second floor.

Before YooA could knock, she heard something shatter inside. Shocked, she pulled out her phone and began recording. 

 

“You! How dare you say that to me!” 

“It’s the truth! You’re jealous that Byulyi achieved her dreams and you didn’t! 

“She did this to me! She needs to pay!” 

“I don’t know what happened between you but blackmail is wrong! You shouldn’t play with people’s lives!”

 

*SMACK* 

 

YooA gasped " Yah..did someone just get hit? And blackmail?...omo...did they break up because of the director?” YooA listened closely. So many things were happening at once, she felt overwhelmed and unsure of what to do.

 

“If you say one word about this to anyone, I’ll have those photos leaked! Now get out of my office you wench!” 

YooA quickly hid behind a pillar, watching as Yongsun stormed out crying. She was clutching her face. 

She looked down at her phone that was still recording. “...how cruel. When Dr. Moon finally found someone she loved...you had to come back and crush her again"  

YooA clenched her phone and gritted her teeth, storming off.

 



 

Byul waited for over an hour for YooA, confused as to why she wasn’t back yet. She hadn’t picked up her phone or responded to any of her messages.

“Yewon, have YooA call me when she returns. I’m going to do my rounds” 

“Will do, Dr. Moon” Yewon replied. 

Byul stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter