Distance

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul watched as Yongsun ate her lunch quietly, the silence felt awkward. Byul had noticed that this had been going on for some time after she had gotten promoted. Yongsun didn't talk as much as before, Byul thought she was hiding something.

"Yong? Is something wrong?" Byul asked as she set down her chopsticks. Yongsun seemed to be in a daze, she snapped out of it when Byul had called her name.

"I'm fine, just a little tired" Yongsun smiled. Byul noticed she was picking at her food, she had barely eaten anything.

"Are you sure you're ok? " Byul moved in closer to try and check Yongsun's condition. She reached out for Yongsun's shoulder. 

"I said I'm fine!" Yongsun brushed away Byul's hand. Byul was surprised at Yongsun's sudden outburst. She withdrew her hand, unsure of what to say or do. 

"I..I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" Byul chuckled awkwardly as she scratched the back of her neck. 

"Byul..." Yongsun sighed. "just go...I'm tired" 

Byul's eyes glanced around awkwardly as she gulped. "Sure...I..." Byul felt a knot form in . "I have some paperwork to finish anyway...um....I'll see you later Yongsun" 

Byul looked up to see Yongsun looking out the window, her face expressionless. She grabbed her half eaten lunch and headed for the door. She opened it slowly and stopped to turn around, hoping to steal one more glance at Yongsun.  "I love you" 

Yongsun didn't even look at her, not even uttering the three words back. Byul waited for a few more seconds before leaving, she had never felt so sad. Yongsun had rejected her touch and her expression of love. Byul thought that maybe asking Yongsun to have a meal wach day with her was too much. "Maybe...she just needs some time for herself... Yeah...that's it" 

Byul stood outside of Yongsun's door thinking to herself when she heard a familiar voice. 

"Oh? You're Yongsun's friend...Byul right?" Byul looked up to see a tall man. He had a cap on and a face mask. Common accessories for celeberties. 

"It's been awhile Eric-ssi. What brings you here?" Byul asked. It was obvious but Byul wanted to hope it really wasn't the case.

"Yongsun never told me you were a doctor! Yah...she really has some cool friends" He smiled. "About that, I'm here to see Yongsun, this is her room right?" 

"Ahh...Yes. Visiting hours are almost over though. The nurses will come around in about a half hour" Byul smiled back. "I have some work to finish so, I'll see you around Eric-ssi" 

"Oh of course! I'm sorry for keeping you, keep up the good work and thank you for the info" He grinned. Byul didn't like him around Yongsun but she had to admit, he was a really nice guy. 

"Enjoy your visit" Byul smiled as the parted ways. She could hear Yongsun's voice full of excitement as Eric entered the room. Byul gritted her teeth and walked quickly to her office. 

 

...

 

Byul had been going to the bar a lot more recently, hitting her favorite cop up to join her. Today just happened to be one of those days. 

“So you think Yongsun-unnie is hiding something from you?” Seulgi asked as took a shot with Byul.

“Mmm...she’s different recently...it feels awkward around her. She doesn’t look happy to see me anymore” Byul sighed.

“Maybe you two are just having a rut. It’s normal. Hyun and I had them in the past too” Seulgi shrugged.

“I don’t know ...something's off. She seemed really happy when this guy from her studio came to visit…” Byul trailed off.

“Yah..unnie. Yongsun-unnie isn’t that kind of person. Maybe you’re just overthinking things” 

“Maybe you’re right...she hasn’t seen him in awhile so…” Byul felt a little better. “But...that doesn’t explain why she brushed my hand away...she didn’t even say I love you back..” 

“Unnie? Yah, are you crying? Oh Unnie..” Seulgi made a sad face as she pulled Byul into a hug. Byul didn’t know why she was like this, she just cried silently into Seulgi’s shoulder. “just let it out unnie” 

“I just don’t understand...everything was going so well..Then all of a sudden…” Byul couldn’t continue, she broke into sobs. 

 

“Maybe it’s worse than I thought...I haven’t seen Byul-Unnie like this since...Soo Jung. I’ll have to ask Hyun to see if something’s going on”

 

Seulgi continued comforting her Unnie,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter