Desperate

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul sighed as she waited nervously outside of Director Liu's office. Today was the day she'd get the results for Yongsun's transfer request. She prayed that Krystal would handle the situation professionaly. 

The door swung open to reveal Krystal, her signature ice cold glare was present. She motioned for Byul to come in.

"It's been awhile, Byul" She said as she closed the door behind them. "I would have never expected us to meet again like this" Krystal sat down behind her desk, motioning for Byul to sit down.

"Neither did I... congratulations on becoming director" Byul flashed a small smile. Krystal smirked. "She's different than before....much different" Byul thought. The woman she once knew now had an arrogant air around her. 

"Thank you. Let's skip the small talk. We both know why you're here" Krystal leaned forward, resting her head on her now interwined hands. "I'll decide the result of your request after our next conversation" 

"Which is..?" Byul didn't like where this was going. 

"I find it concerning you have such a...how do I say this?" She sighed. "...Deep relationship with the patient. Don't you think that could affect your performance in the OR?" 

"Of course not. The patient is a close friend of Dr. Bae and I. There were no problems during her treatment" Byul replied, she tried to keep her cool. She knew exactly where Krystal was taking this conversation.

"You may be right but.... opening someone up and running tests on them are completely different . What if you panic while operating on her? We'd have a lawsuit on our case" Krystal smiled. "So...I'm going to deny-"

"Soo Jung!" Byul clenched her fists. "Please....I'm asking you for a favor...let me operate on her" 

Krystal cocked her eyebrow in amusement. "You..." She chuckled. "You have no right to ask me that. Not after what you did to me" Her face had a scowl on it. 

"I...I know..and I'm sorry for what happened...just please" Byul got up and got on her knees, placing her forehead on the ground. "Soo Jung...please" Byul had never thrown away every inch of pride she had like this. She was desperate, desperate to keep her promise to Yongsun.

Krystal burst out laughng, Byul thought she sounded absolutely insane. "You...you're pathetic. Just what is she to you?" 

"The love of my life" Byul answered firmly. 

"You fell in love with someone who's dying with each breath they take?" Krystal scoffed, she got up to look at Byul who was still on the ground. 

"I've never loved anyone this way before...please. I'll do anything" 

"Anything?"

 

 

....

 

 

Yongsun was anxious as she waited for Byul to come back from the director's office. Hyejin sat next to her, playing on her phone.

"Why do you think she's taking so long?" 

"Unnie this is the fifth time you've asked. She's a doctor, maybe there was an emergency" Hyejin answered, her eyes glued to the phone screen.

"I know...but it's making me nervous. I could tell that woman didn't really like Byul" Yongsun started playing with her fingers nervously. 

Hyejin looked up to see Yongsun's worried expression. She put her phone in her pocket. Wheein had told her about Byul's past with the director. Wheein had requested she keep it a secret until Byul decided to tell Yongsun. "I'm sure it's fine-" Hyejin was cut off as the door opened to reveal Byul and Joohyun.

"Byul! How did it go?" 

"Well! Yonghee-unnie is coming later to discuss the scheduling for the transplant" Byul smiled. Yongsun could see something was off about her girlfriend. Byul would have been grinning like an idiot because of this news but there she was, smiling with an empty expression. 

 

"Why do you feel so far away?" Yongsun thought.

 

"Ah really?! That;s great! You've kept your promise" Yongsun smiled brightly, she decied to act like she didn't notice. 

"Of course I did...Well, I have an urgent matter to take care of so, I'll be back when Yonghee-unnie is here" Byul chuckled nervously. Hyejin looked at Byul strangely, she had noticed this behavior as well. 

"Take care, Yongsun" Byul left the room in a hurry. 

"I have some tests to run on you to make sure you're in the optimal state to operate" Joohyun said. "I'll have the nurses come in and begin in a few moments. Hyejin-ah, will you please wait outside?" 

"Sure thing unnie" Hyejin grasped Yongsun's hand and flashed a smile before she went outside. 

“Her office?” Hyejin watched as Byul went inside. She quickly went inside, finding Byul with her hands covering her face.

 

“Unnie? Are you alright?” Hyejin asked, Byul seemed startled to see her there.

“H-Hyejin? What are you doing here?” Byul stumbled as she got up. 

“What did that god-awful woman say to you?” Hyejin didn’t beat around the bush, she knew it had to do with their meeting earlier. 

“What are you-“

“Unnie. Wheein told me everything” Hyejin sat down in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter