Long Long Night

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back on the stage, Eunbi glances at Yuijn and Sakura. The principal looks frightened but is safe behind Yujin. Eunbi knows her next priority is to get Sakura away as soon as possible. The man on the other end of her barrel is not the only concern, the fire is getting bigger and bigger.

 

Eunbi nudges her gun, “Hands in the air.” She orders the man. It doesn’t take long for him to oblige. Next, Eunbi glances at Yujin. She indicates using her eyes for Yujin to evacuate Sakura. Yujin nods.

 

Sliding her right arm behind to hold onto Sakura’s forearm, Yujin slowly maneuvers backwards, naturally prompting Sakura to follow. However, in the midst of being in a standoff with an agent being her body shield and another holding a gun to her perpetrator, Sakura does not notice someone hiding at the bottom of the stage. Using this opportunity, the attacker that confronted Mr and Mrs Kim from before grabs onto Sakura’s leg, frightening the girl who screams out loud thus restarting chaos.

 

Yujin swiftly pulls Sakura back and Eunbi who momentarily has her eyes off Lee Sungkyu has the man using this chance to duck her gun on him. Lee Sungkyu then tries to disarm Eunbi but the agent is quick enough to recover her attention and prevents him from doing so. They each fight for dominance and it is evident that both their skillset are equally matched. They throw themselves against the backdrop on the stage and her gun flings far off stage. Eunbi throws a punch at his face and his head knocks straight into the wall. In that moment, Eunbi catches a glimpse of Yujin barely fighting off the new attacker with Sakura crouching behind her. She decides that her fight has to end fast and clearly, so did Lee Sungkyu. It wasn’t a fight he could win today, at least not by getting captured.

 

He retaliates by gripping onto Eunbi’s waist to push her away, quickly using this chance to run. Eunbi is now faced with the dilemma to chase after him or to help Yujin and protect Sakura. She clicks her comms, “Ground agents. Target, man in a suit running from hall. Lee Sungkyu. Now!” Eunbi chooses the latter.

 

She hurriedly rushes over to Yujin who is now pinned down by the stronger man. Her arm is twisted backwards so forcefully and Yujin lets out a painful yell before Eunbi hears the dreadful bone crack. The man lets go of the now limp arm as Yujin collapses on the ground. He smirks tauntingly at Eunbi and turns his attention to Sakura.

 

Instinctively, Sakura threads backwards. She fears what’s to come seeing her agent weakly on the ground. Soon she will have no more ground to back into with the fire approaching her from the back and the man coming at her from the front.

 

“Pick someone better for a fair fight.” Eunbi shouts out as she daringly walks over.

 

Indeed, he stops. Sakura is relieved when his eyes turn away from her. “And what makes you think you are worthy?” He responds to the agent who has tossed her blazer aside. “Why are you guys even protecting the Japs!”

 

“You sound just like him.” Eunbi remembers her earlier opponent.

 

“There’s more of us. Sungkyu hyung just enlightened us to an invasion we blindly accepted. Our so-called Korean conglomerate accepted! But not anymore. We will not be fools to marry in the Japanese! So come on girl, let us get done so I can move on.” The man laughs menacingly as he confidently approaches Eunbi.

 

However, his overconfidence has prevented him from being alerted to Yujin who has regained her consciousness. Using her unharmed arm, Yujin grabs onto one of his foot causing him to trip face down. The fall resounded on the wooden stage and Eunbi jumps on the chance to hold him down. He is also a big man who is not going to give up so with a strategic twist of his neck, Eunbi knocks the man out of his consciousness. All resistance instantly gone as his body rests lifelessly on the ground.

 

“Good job Pluto.” Eunbi whispers to Yujin who is lying right beside him. Yujin groans.

 

Eunbi turns to the other side and immediately she jumps back onto her two feet. “Watch out!” Eunbi grabs and pulls Sakura towards her before she turns them, covering Sakura with her own body. One of the decorations that is slowly being engulfed by the fire collapses on the ground just slightly missing them. Sakura jumps when it lands but still secure in Eunbi’s hold.

 

Eunbi can feel Sakura shivering from under her. “Are you okay?” She asks.

 

Sakura does not respond. Crouching down on the floor has allowed her to be closer to the man that was just standing menacingly in front of her, now lying lifelessly on the ground. “I-is he dead?”

 

“Nope, he is just unconscious. Snap the head in the right way and that’s what can happen. Effective only in the right position. Are you okay?” Eunbi checks again because Sakura is obviously in shock.

 

Sakura nods, “I-I am… because,” She looks at the other body on the stage. “Y-yujin.”

 

“I-I am okay…” Yujin groans as she tries to get herself up but the pain in her arm is too unbearable as she loses all strength to try again.

 

Eunbi nudges Sakura. “We need to move. More things might start collapsing soon.” They move towards Yujin. Sakura watches silently as Eunbi picks up her blazer and folds the arm sleeves together. “Bear with me.” Eunbi gets Yujin to open before she puts the cloth in. Eunbi then positions her two hands on Yujin’s limp arm.

 

1…2… 3! On her own mental cue, Eunbi expertly turns the arm back into position and Yujin’s screams are muffled by the cloth in . Yujin is obviously in lesser pain now as her facial muscles relaxes and Eunbi lets out a sigh of relief. That relief doesn’t stay long when as Eunbi predicted, more decorations start falling and Sakura screams in response.

 

“Come on, we got to go now!” Eunbi supports Yujin up. Sakura automatically follows too whilst not taking her eyes off the looming fire. But she freezes when she sees the man on the ground.

 

“Let’s go Sak-” Eunbi shouts when she notices her principal not moving. Right, I forgot about him.

 

Sakura looks at Eunbi. It is obvious that the girl is stuck in a dilemma: whether to ask Eunbi to prevent this guy from burning or leave the man who was attacking them in the first place. Decidedly, Eunbi isn’t going to let Sakura end up in a bad place. Sometimes, we just got to be the bigger person.

 

“I c-can.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter