KIS

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think we will be able to get a shot of them? I mean wouldn’t they be in some dark tinted car with a motorcade of some sort?”

 

“Even if it’s a dark tinted car with a motorcade we still have to take a shot. It is possibly the news event of the year especially after the secret marriage!” The senior photographer slaps his junior on the head causing him to momentarily lose his balance. Before he can fall, a baton whips in his direction and the younger man jumps back in response. “Please stand behind the line.”

 

The owner of the baton is a slim unassuming girl but the two men know better than to mess with her for she after all belongs to the top private elite security force in the country, Kim Intelligence Service (KIS). In all other nations, people aim to join the equivalent of the FBI or CIA in their homeland but in Korea, this private elite force is comparable or possibly to some, even better than their National Intelligence Service (NIS). With an acceptance rate of 1 to 100 000, only the very best is accepted for training. After that, training is known to be so gruesome, not many last through, thus strengthening the pool even more.

 

After the younger journalist obediently step back, Yena slides her baton back into the holder, returning her eyes back to the crowd. Her target is about to arrive and her focus cannot slip.

 

Just then, screams erupt as the motorcade approaches. Non stop sounds of clicks can be heard as the pool of photographers furiously snap away. Yet for the time they spent waiting in this position, the moment is so brief as the motorcade go past the ironclad gate, disappearing into the mansion.

 

“Did you get anything?”

 

“No hyung, nothing at all. Dammit these people are tougher to cover than even our President.”

 

“That’s why they are practically our version of the British Royal Family. Why do you think this Kim Family is nicknamed Royal Family? Because everybody wants to know everything about them, everybody wants to be them and why we stand here for hours to capture shots of black limousines.”

 

Yena smirks at the conversation she overheard and walks away. This portion of her day is cleared. “Pluto.” Yena looks across the five lane wide road and eyes her younger colleague whose height stands out among the crowd. As part of KIS, they each have their own codename and Yena can’t help but giggle at the likeness of her colleague’s.

 

Yujin clicks on her earpiece. “What’s up, Daffy?”

 

“I heard Mrs. Yoon made tonkatsu today.”

 

“What are we still standing here for?”

 

“For your long legs to bring itself over here?”

 

“Maybe because your short legs will take too long so you need me to come over.”

 

“Or maybe because the sidegate entrance is on my end? Unless of course you want to open the main gate and let this crowd run loose into the very mansion we are protecting.”

 

“Stop arguing you two, let’s all go in since target is clear.” The small petite girl walks briskly in the center of the road with a neutral expression on. Yena and Yujin makes eye contact with each other and along with the rest of their team, leave their preassigned positions to follow the girl in.

 

“Why do you think she is so grumpy today?” Yujin whispers to Yena as they head back into the grounds they are very familiar with.

 

“Isn’t she always like this though?” Yena eyes the back of the smaller girl in front. “But I guess she’s grumpier today because she is in charge of escorting the very girl her precious principal hates.” The term ‘principal’ is used by the agents to address the people they protect.

 

“Minjoo hates her new sister?”

 

Yena smacks the back of Yujin’s head in one swift motion, “Maybe stop bumbling around or be distracted with friends of the family we are protecting and you will notice why Wonyoung has been coming over to keep Minjoo company. Instead of just being an eye-candy for you!”

 

“Yah! Daffy Duck!”

 

Yena is about to retort when she feels a glare trained on the two of them. She turns to see the girl they were whispering behind of staring back at them. “One more time and I am sending you two to the academy.”

 

They gulp. The academy is where they spend their earlier years training to get to where they are now. To attain such skill sets capable of being in this elite force, needless to say the training exercises were tough - and tough, is already an understatement.

 

“Sorry Radish.”

 

Chaewon sighs as she leaves the two noisy girls behind once they were in the main building. She really felt like abusing her higher rank just to send the two away. Her trained ears give her the ability to identify even the slightest noise; although in this instance it is not a blessing after the two girls’ whispers reminded her of why the grouchy mood. She is already upset she is sent away from her principal, Minjoo, because the security force was spreading their manpower out to where was needed. But today is the day where Minjoo is possibly more upset than ever, Chaewon is not by her side. If I was still her security lead, this wouldn’t have happened. Chaewon sighs. Then the thought suddenly reminds her to report to the person currently holding the position.

 

“Radish to Captain. team is back in the building, over.”

 

“Roger. Wash up and relax. Family will be meeting soon, all hands on deck then.”

 

“I can take over from you if you need to.” Chaewon interrupts. She wants to be with Minjoo even though she is quite worn out from standing under the sun just now.

 

“No need Radish. Report later straight at main living room.”

 

“Yes Cap.” Chaewon replies hesitantly. She has no choice because no matter how much she dislikes her, Captain is after all her superior and possibly the better choice to lead Minjoo’s protection. I was the one who messed up my chance. Chaewon is about to remove her gun and baton from her belt holder when she hears a click.

“Radish, change of plans. Com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter