Where’s Captain

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It is so weird not having Eunbi unnie around. I mean it is not that I find it awkward with Lighting oppa but it’s more like Eunbi unnie has been mentoring me personally since I graduated from training academy and now I am suddenly without her.” Yujin sighs as she dramatically puts a spoonful of rice into .

 

Eunbi told the agents the news yesterday when they were done with their shift. The oldest was packing up her clothes as she didn’t need to stay in the dormitory for the time being. The dormitory is for agents’ use if they do not wish to return to their homes. It is not mandatory to stay but its convenience has won over the agents’ laziness to travel home so most end up using the dorm like their actual home. Eunbi coolly bid her goodbyes to the others since she didn’t need to dutifully report every morning before their principal starts her day in school. Eunbi has the flexibility to manage her time as she plans the security set up for the gala dinner.

 

“Cheer up Yujin ah I am sure Chief will get her back in the team soon." Yena comments while finishing up her breakfast.

 

“I fear Chief is not the problem.”

 

Yena pauses in her movements while Chaewon nonchalantly continues with her food but also keeping her ears open.

 

“Cherry really do not like Captain.” Yujin huffs defeatedly. “I practically had to be their physical barrier yesterday otherwise they probably would have eaten each other out.”

 

“But Eunbi unnie almost never loses her temper, unless we do something stupid.”

 

“I know right? But Sakura unnie was also provoking her by implying she wasn’t doing a good job so Eunbi replied very sarcastically.”

 

Yena starts thinking hard. “Sakura doesn’t seem like a bad person. Does she treat you like that?”

 

Yujin answers almost immediately. “No, Sakura unnie is very nice to me. I mean we are not super close but you know, polite relationship thus far.”

 

“Why does she treat Cap this way then?”

“Eunbi unnie only told me that the first time they met, she arm-twisted Sakura unnie because she semi-challenged her to. So I think that’s what started the bad impression and it went downhill there.”

 

“That must have been a real bad impression to Sakura then.”

 

The three girls silently finish the remainder of their food before Yena suddenly asks Chaewon. “Is Hitomi’s birthday party tomorrow?”

 

Chaewon nods. “Yeah. The party starts at 12pm. In fact, today she needs to make a trip down the shopping mall to pick up her gift for Hitomi. We need to arrange for some agents to do a location check before we arrive.”

 

“Oh, Sakura unnie also wants to go to the mall too!” Yujin chimes in having been briefed by Agent Lighting of Sakura’s plans earlier.

 

Chaewon hears Yujin’s information and turns to face Yena. “In that case go check if agents are already sent to do a check then there isn’t a need to double up.” Chaewon stands up and picks up her food tray. “I’ll go check on Princess.”

 

“Got it. I’ll coordinate with them.” Yena is next to leave. “See you later Yujinie.”

 

Yujin sits on the table alone with her food not yet finished since she was doing most of the talking earlier. “ to be the youngest with no real important things to do.”

 

--

 

Minjoo leans on the glass casing while they wait for the jewelry store’s staff member to bring out her pre-ordered gift for Hitomi. “So Eunbi unnie is now on a free shift?”

 

Yena was catching Minjoo up on the events yesterday since they had nothing to do. “Yep and Chief told her to use the time to plan for the gala dinner since she will be leading the entire on ground coordination.”

 

Minjoo smiles, “That’s great, then I can ask Eunbi unnie to hang out with me since she doesn’t need to follow her around anymore.”

 

Minjoo is still reluctant to address Sakura by any form other than ‘her’ as they are still unfamiliar with each other. However, that doesn’t take the concern off her after hearing what happened. Minjoo pauses but decides to ask anyway. “Is she okay though? I didn’t see her around the house yesterday.”

 

Yena doesn’t answer her principal since she isn’t privy with these matters given her rank. As usual, Chaewon steps in. “Sakura is fine. There were no injuries and she got her phone back.”

 

Minjoo digests the details. “ that she is only two weeks into school and she gets robbed. I really didn’t know there are students who would do such a thing. Thank goodness I have you guys.”

 

“So Minjoo ah this also shows you shouldn’t never secretly run off without us okay?” Yena teasingly warns her.

 

“Yes Yena unnieeeee…” Minjoo cutely whines back. “I learnt that a long time ago.” She glances proudly at Chaewon who briefly smiles back at her.

 

Just then, the staff appears from the backroom to produce a velvet box. “Miss Kim, here is what you customised. Please have a look and let us know if it is alright.” The staff opens the box and there lies a necklace with the english lettering “Tomi”. The words are lined with little specks of diamond, a purchase fitting for the only daughter of Kim Corp. Minjoo beams at the product in hand, eyes crinkling in happiness. “It is perfect, thank you!”

 

“Anything for you, Miss Kim. As usual, we will process the bill directly to the company since the mall is under Kim Corp’s. Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

 

Minjoo closes the box and Yena proceeds to take the item in her possession. “Nothing, thank you for the help.”

 

“It is my pleasure serving you Miss Kim. Have a nice day.” The staff member politely a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter