Agents Assemble

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School has started for Minjoo and Sakura. Mrs Kim decided to enroll Sakura into Minjoo's school because it is a private school so they are friendly with allowing agents in with them. Moreover, Mr Kim already knows the dean so it is no surprise he too suggests for Sakura to join. As the private school's standard is similar to Sakura's international school back in the US, she naturally qualifies for the final year. Minjoo continues on, three grades below Sakura.

 

The students in school all hush around in their own groups talking, awaiting for the big arrival - naturally with her status and beauty, Minjoo is a popular girl in school. Also with the wedding of her mother and Mr Kim being such a big news event, Sakura’s arrival is equally highly anticipated. Right then, the motorcade arrives. All the talking quieten down; the students watch as a row of black limousines drives through the school’s main entrance. The vehicles stop in front of the driveway and suited agents step out. Chaewon and Yena disembark from the second limo, each glancing around as they move into their positions to either side of the back door. Yena opens the car and Minjoo steps out. Pockets of audible gasps can be heard as the beautiful girl straightens herself while tucking some loose strands behind her right ear. Minjoo glances over at the black limo behind hers and frowns. Then she catches sight of Eunbi and Yujin both getting off the car to the side of the door. Minjoo sighs before heading into the school with Chaewon and Yena following beside her.

 

Sakura watches from the inside of the car as Minjoo heads towards the school. She frowns. It is going to be a long day. I hate first days. The car door opens and bright sunlight slowly flood the interior of the limo. The first person she meets with is none other than Kwon Eunbi. Eunbi’s black sunglasses do not reveal the eyes of the owner but Sakura knows she is looking back at her. Sakura takes a deep breath before she steps out of the limo. She can hear vividly the whispers amongst the students but she tries her best to ignore it. As if first days weren’t hard enough, her plan to blend in is sure failing. She protested strongly to arriving in this grand way but her security lead would not budge - Eunbi gave reasons like “people already know you are coming, if you do not arrive as how they expect, it will arouse suspicions and create unnecessary frenzy.” Aforementioned frenzy is the media box situated at the tip of the motorcade. As the school is so well-known, not only the children of famous families are enrolled here, k-pop stars study here too. Obviously today, the news outlets are present to capture the ‘first day of school for Mr Kim’s new wife’s daughter: Korea’s Japanese first daughter.’ She wants so badly to glare at the stubborn security agent for not allowing her to enter by a less fanciful way but she knows she can’t, not when everybody’s attention is on her.

 

Here goes. Sakura takes a step forward and the formation beside her follows with Yujin on her left and Captain Annoying on her right. Sakura tries to keep her gaze on the floor but she can’t resist when the Captain suddenly shouts out. “Pluto, 9!”

 

After which Sakura barely has any time to react as everything goes by in a flash. She is jerked backwards when she feels bodies surrounding her. But she recognises the person right in front of her from the long brown locks - Eunbi is covering her from whatever is happening in front. She would try to look over but she can feel someone pressing her down from behind so she gives into the pressure. Must be the other agents.

 

Eunbi’s eyes scan around quickly. Someone from within the media box has thrown an egg at her principal and luckily she alerted Yujin just in time for her to block the incoming attack. The younger agent along with some back ups have given chase to the perpetrator who sped off after the attack.

 

“B1 and B2, check the media box for any other potential accomplices. Better be safe than sorry.” Eunbi instructs through her comms. The two agents moves as told, inspecting the reporters in the media box. Eunbi thinks. She needs to get Sakura to cover as soon as possible. “Lighting, take over the situation over here. I will move with the others to get principal into the building.”

 

“Roger that Cap.” Agent Lighting moves away from the circle of agents surrounding Sakura and the others closes the gap.

 

Sakura does not know what is going on but the situation around her makes her tense. She feels a firm grip on her forearm and she looks to find the source. Kwon Eunbi. Keeping her back to Sakura, Eunbi turns her head over her shoulder. “Sakura. I am going to bring you into the school now. Follow closely to me.” Eunbi then releases her hold on her principal and clicks her comms. “Team, let’s move.”

 

There is still some agent’s hand resting near her shoulder blades so Sakura keeps her head low as indicated. However the lack of sight keeps Sakura nervous and instinctively, she reaches to grip onto the back of Eunbi’s blazer. Eunbi feels the touch and decides to move her right arm back and to hold onto Sakura’s forearm again. Eunbi’s hold is firm but not painful.

 

The circle starts moving, swiftly but carefully. In no time, they enter the school premises with Sakura holding onto Eunbi and vice versa every step of the way. Being in this situation makes Sakura feel so alone when all she wants to do is to go back to the US and back to her friends. The closest she has to a supposed relationship here is her stepsister who does not even want to be in the same car as her. Ironically now, she is relying on the one person she least expected from.

 

The circle gradually expands once they are safely in the school and the arm on Sakura’s back is removed. Without the agents surrounding her, Sakura feels fresh air around her again and takes in a deep breath. All this happened with her still holding onto the back of Eunbi’s jacket and Eunbi holding onto Sakura’s forearm. When Sakura realises her grip, she awkwardly tilts her head up to find Eunbi staring back at her by looking over her own shoulder. She took her sunglasses out, Sakura thinks to herself. The two continue staring at each other until Eunbi clears . Sakura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter