Top Secret

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you deal with this for me?”

 

Eunbi takes the phone from Sakura to have a better look. She scrolls through the comments section and her brows frown in disagreement.

 

“Do you want us to erase this?” She passes the phone to Yujin for her to see.

 

“Yeah, like remove all the comments. Can you? Is that illegal?”

 

“Well it really depends on how we do it.” Eunbi replies nonchalantly. “Track each commenter and bring them to you? Computerised erasing of all contents? Blocking the video? Sue the platform for allowing such content? I can go on. What would you like us to do?”

 

Sakura stares back speechless.

 

Eunbi is secretly amused that she manages to shut the retaliatory girl up for the first time but obviously Eunbi isn’t going to reflect her smugness on her face. Thus she keeps it cool and waits for Sakura’s reply.

 

Sakura’s brain takes awhile to register everything Eunbi said. She feels like she just opened a can of worms. She continues to be lost even when Yujin hands her phone back.

 

The youngest chimes in, trying to add some optimism. “Comments like this come often, especially when you are in the headlines. But you don’t have to worry because we always keep track of them. I mean with a comment like ‘This egg will not be the end’? There’s no way it is not in the radar.”

 

“In the radar?”

 

“Yeah, Eunbi unnie said that we need to protect you because there are so many of these-” Yujin immediately regrets her words when she sees Eunbi’s face. Her senior is clearly dissatisfied. The younger agent immediately tries to backtrack. “I mean Sakura unnie you don’t have to worry, you got us!”

 

“‘You got us’? It’s in your radar?” Sakura probes. “So you guys already know about this?” The team leader’s expression remains neutral but Sakura gets clarity from Yujin’s uncomfortable expression, indicating to Sakura that her bad feeling is right.

 

“Yes I knew about it.” Eunbi speaks out.

 

Sakura tries to digest Eunbi’s words and think of reasonable explanations that can make sense. But when she thinks about the earlier incident where Eunbi pulled Principal Hong, the agents and her into a room in front of the incoming students, Sakura doubly questions Eunbi’s work methods in the face of this. She just keeps doing this doesn’t she! And Sakura snaps.

 

“And you didn’t tell me so I can be prepared for people potentially attacking me? Like me and my own body!? Huh Captain?!” She stares firmly at Eunbi.

 

“We do not need to let you know unless there is a need for you to do something. That being said, I would’ve told you if you asked.”

 

Sakura is crossed and she is not going to let go. She has every right to be feeling this angry. “You are the security agent. How will I even know there’s a threat I need to be aware of and thus ask about!” Sakura huffs. “I am your principal. Shouldn’t you be reporting to me things I need to know? Like if I am going to get an egg thrown at me?”

 

“Yes you are my principal but the reporting system does not work that way. We report to the Chief. We protect the principal and report to the Chief.” Eunbi answers calmly. She acknowledges that Sakura has her points to make and that she is new to this whole security structure. However what ticks Eunbi off is the way Sakura is speaking to her as if security agents are beneath her when she does not even want guards to begin with. Eunbi believes that while KIS is hired by the family, agents and the family coexist with one another. None of the family has made her feel otherwise and that is why she has enjoyed her time thus far in KIS. That is until she meets this frustrating Japanese girl.

 

“If you are unhappy with the way I work, you can take it up to the Chief. Feedback is part of the professional workspace afterall.” Eunbi adds. She purposely throws in the ‘professional’ point because her new principal is sure testing her professional threshold.

 

Sakura immediately turns to the youngest who is stuck between the crossfire. “Yujin, can you tell Chief Ka Eun I like to meet her when she is available?”

 

“Y-yes unnie.” Yujin replies. The fight between the two older girls scares her and it all started because of her loose lips. Eunbi explicitly told her to keep it to themselves unless asked point blank. Yet thanks to the slip of her tongue, her principal is not only unnerved after today’s events but also furious at Eunbi, as already predicted by the latter.

 

Sakura does not want to face the agents anymore. She turns her back to them and heads where she came from. Thoughts swirl in her head as she cannot believe how today played out. Nobody else’s first day of school can beat the horrendous one I am having today. For awhile I was fooled into thinking I can get used to having agents after all. Yet no, I don’t agree with their methods. Obeying orders without using some sense, resulting in my arm being twisted? Lack of sense continuing by pushing me into a room with my principal in front of all the students? Tracking me without considering I am an adult with the need for privacy? Hiding more things from me except this time it also threatens my safety? I take my words back about trying to be nicer to them, especially not to that Kwon Eunbi. KIS can KISS MY ! Sakura grunts loudly while keeping her pace. She did so intentionally to remind the agents of her anger, as if her fast pace was not telling.

 

At least now I know for sure, I can only depend on myself.


--

“Daffy… I screwed up real bad this time…” Yujin’s devastated look is emphasized by her drooping eyebrows.

 

Yena does not even want to joke around with her usual playmate seeing how crestfallen she is. “Yeah you did.” She pats Yujin’s back softly.

 

Yujin glares at the older agent. “Don’t people usually comfort the sad friend by saying ‘It’s okay, you didn’t know better’? Who goes with ‘Yeah you did’?”

 

“I go with that because Eunbi unnie told you explicitly to watch your words but you didn’t. It’s Eunbi unnie so yeah, you screwed up.” Yena is not going to sugarcoat her words. It’s painful but the younger girl needs to learn. “You know she expects a lot from us and that is how we improved so fast.”

 

Yujin has nothing to say so she keeps silent and fiddles with her earpiece cable. The agents are now stationed at the school entrance awaiting their principals’ departure from school. The line of limos are already parked, ready for their occupants.

 

“Do not bend the cable like that, the equipment will be spoiled in no time.”

 

Captain’s voice resonates clearly in the two agents’ ears as they straighten up and turn to face their senior.

 

“Yes Captain.” Yujin replies meekly while looking down on the ground.

 

“Pluto.”

 

“Yes Captain.” This time Yujin’s voice is more affirmative. Her eye line lingers around five meters ahead, avoiding Eunbi’s eyes.

 

“You may have done something wrong but that doesn’t mean you can neglect your job. How can you protect your principal when you are looking at the ground?”

 

Like a soldier, Yujin’s eyes immediately looks straight up.

 

“Good, Cherry and Princess are on the way so stay alert you both.” Eunbi loves teaching Yujin but she knows that includes being tough when needed. Sure, that slip of the tongue is unintentional but that does not remove Yujin of her carelessness. Agents need to keep their principal safe and with Sakura knowing this information, she may hinder or even threaten their ability to protect.

 

This seriousness in this air makes Yena feel queasy so she tries to change the topic. “Captain, if you are here, who is with Cherry?”

 

“Lighting. He requested to take over since we are in the school compound and all. Lighting is as familiar with this place so I agreed.” Being a senior agent, Lighting’s experience is effective when he spots the fuming Sakura walking back with two agents behind. Eunbi filled him on what happened and honestly, he knew it would come sooner or later. Being a senior agent, he naturally has earned the security clearance to be looped in like Captain is about threats of the new family members. As Eunbi becomes the unfortunate one to take the hit for keeping this out of her principal’s purview, Lighting offered to take over watching over Sakura.

 

 

“She will simmer in her anger for a long while so take a break and avoid her glare for at least the first half. School is a familiar ground so don’t worry and let me take over for a bit. You know, I can even challenge you to say I know this place better than you. I have watched Princess attend this school for a long long time.” Lighting jokingly says to Eunbi to ease the seriousness.

 

“Oh really?” Eunbi plays along. Times like this she appreciates having a trustworthy senior along with her - one that not only respects her role as team leader but supports when needed. “We should challenge each other some day, on our knowledge of this place.”

 

“Deal.” Lighting laughs before he continues. “Cherry’s anger will stay for a few days so don’t worry you wouldn’t miss out any of the fun.”

 

Eunbi nods in response.

 

Lighting puts on a fatherly smile seeing the younger agent. Being so young and capable takes a toll on some people and he is proud to be working hand in hand with one who handles her responsibility so effective. “Pluto. If Captain allows, you can go too. Go out get some fresh air. Arrange the limos for departure.”

 

Yujin looks at Eunbi for confirmation on the directive.

 

“You heard your senior. Go.”

 

Once Yujin has left them, Lighting turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter