Everybody has to be careful

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura is lying comfortably on the sofa playing with her phone when she is interrupted by yet another knock on the door. “Who is it?” She shouts out as her game is getting intense.

 

“It’s me, Yujin!”

 

“Come in!”

 

The young agent walks into the room and stands near the sofa with her hands clasped in front of her. She waits silently while her principal games away. Only when she loses, Sakura sighs and gets up from her lounging position.

 

“Yes Yujin?”

 

“I am here to inform you t-that Captain and I will be in the briefing for the n-next hour or so. The base agent will be outside if y-you need anything.” Yujin unintentionally stutters through some words. She is nervous after what she did earlier in the day.

 

“Thanks Yujin.” Sakura says while observing the agent. The girl has always been happy-go-lucky and it is odd to watch her be so formal and careful. Sakura is about to let Yujin go when she decides to speak up. “I am not angry anymore Yujin ah. I was upset just now but I am not now. Chief has already explained to me.”

 

The agent looks at her principal. “Really?”

 

Sakura nods and puts on a reassuring smile. The agent visibly loosens up. “Thank goodness. Don’t worry Sakura unnie, I am not going to trust myself with confidential stuff from now on. Not going to ask things I am not told about.”

 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself Yujin ah. It is so weird watching you all careful and worrisome like that.”

 

“If my mistake only hurt myself it is not so bad. But Eunbi unnie has taken so many hits for me. Today you are angry with her because I slipped and that day Chief was angry with her because we lost you because I kicked a coke can…”

 

Sakura lets Yujin ramble on as her ears catch onto some valuable information. Chief was angry with her because I ran off? Her mood gets lifted. With such a record, does this mean if I go ahead with my plan and it goes really well it will most likely be a sure out for Eunbi? Damn Sakura, you are a genius.

 

“Unnie? Sakura unnie?”

 

“Yes Yujin?” Her mind drifted out with the endless ways to make her plan better.

 

“You spaced out while I was speaking!”

 

“Sorry, you know the past is already the past. There’s no point harping on it.” Sakura lies to the agent. Kwon Eunbi I am going to get you.

 

“Wow unnie, that’s a really nice thing to say. Oops, look at the time. The briefing is going to start. Got to go!” Yujin shouts out as she dashes to the door, not even waiting for Sakura’s response. Sakura leans back on the couch and smirks.

 

--

 

The classy meeting room is slowly filled as agents trail in and take their places. Yujin looks around as she steps in and spots the colleagues she is close to. As she walks over, her body subconsciously tense up at the sight of Eunbi. They haven’t spoken face to face since they came back from the school. What’s worse is that the only empty chair is beside Eunbi in the front row. Why is that chair there? Oh my god should I move it behind Captain? I mean that is where I usually sit right?! Yena is behind Chaewon, why is this chair beside Eunbi, IN THE FRONT ROW?! Yujin nods mindlessly in the general area as her thoughts move swiftly. Chaewon nods back before returning to play with her phone. Yena, who is sitting behind Chaewon, tries her best to hold in her laughter while Eunbi does nothing. Yujin gathers her courage together as she decides to attempt moving the chair as naturally as possible to behind Eunbi. Here goes. She lifts her hand.

 

“Sit here.” Captain speaks all of a sudden.

 

Yujin’s hand freezes in the air. . She has no choice but to oblige her Captain’s orders. Hence she inches her way over and proceeds to sit. Suddenly, the chair is pulled away from the back and Yujin lands on on the ground.

 

Yena finally bursts out into laughter as Yujin tries to recover smoothly by jumping back onto her two feet. She turns around to glare at the suspect. Before she manages to scream at Yena, she hears some giggles coming from the corner of her eye and then Eunbi bursts out loud joining Yena in the laughs.

 

It took awhile for Yujin to put the pieces together that her unnies were ganging up to prank her before she loosens up her tense shoulders to wiggle around and annoyingly let out, “unnie…why...” in a high pitched tone.

 

Eunbi has to wipe the tears coming out of her eyes from the laughing fit as she pats the chair. “You were so serious since we came back so we decided to prank you. Come on you can really sit now.”

 

This time before Yujin’s eyes, Yena pulls the chair from beside Eunbi over to behind her. “But wait for me to put it here. I was helping you.” Yena says sarcastically. Yujin glares. “Fine fine! But you should have seen yourself just now, you looked so freaked when Eunbi told you to sit beside her in the first row. Sit down Yujin ah, I am going to hold it firmly for you.”

 

“I will hold it myself.” Yujin declares as she slowly sits while firmly holding onto the armrests. Finally she settles.

 

Eunbi swivels her chair around. “Feeling better now? Although your bum may hurt.” She snorts.

 

“I am more scared that you are still angry.” Yujin pouts.

 

“Is this your first time being with me Yujin-ah? Work is work and play is play. I may have disagreed with your work but you will always be my little dongsaeng. I need to be fierce to you when you make mistakes otherwise how will you become better?”

 

Yujin nods slowly as she is reminded of her guilt.

 

“Like I said, as long as you know what your mistakes are and to not repeat it again. Otherwise, I will be really angry at you, both for work and play because my dongsaeng cannot be so careless.”

 

“Yes unnie. Again, sorry I got you into trouble with Cherry. Your relationship with her is getting more strained thanks to me.”

“Well she never liked me in the first place and also, I don’t need to please her, I just need to do my job well.” Eunbi shrugs.

 

Yena chimes in, “The tension between you and Sakura is no joke though. Just before I got into the limo, I caught a glimpse of Sakura and you and damn… both of you are like each having the I-don’t-want-to-be-here-either look.”

 

“I wasn’t thinking about anything other than giving her enough space while doing my job.”

 

“Sure… sure unnie…” Yena replies sarcastically.

 

Now it is Eunbi’s turn to glare at Yena and thankfully for the younger girl, Chief Ka Eun walks in, indicating that the briefing is about to begin. Eunbi turns her chair back around and Chaewon pockets her phone. The two agents behind both sit up in their seats, ready to listen in.

 

“Good afternoon everyone.”

 

“Good afternoon Chief.” A chorus of voices greets her back.

 

Ka Eun stands behind a podium and flips open the folder she was holding in her hand. She picks up the remote and clicks on a button and the projector flashes on to reveal a floor plan. “I am sure some of you guys already know why we are here today. We have been planning this for awhile, making sure manpower is distributed effectively for this big event. The big event is none other than Kim Corporation’s 70th anniversary gala dinner. Here is the floor plan for the event venue, W Hotel Korea.” She activates the pointer on the remote to indicate the key areas of the location.

 

“Like all events, not everybody is on location. There will be different teams, one at home base, one on exterior lookout, one attached to principals etcetera. Therefore there will be some reshuffling differing from our day to day operations given the wider scope of things we need to cover. Understood?”

 

“Yes Chief!” The agents reply loudly in one voice.

 

“Let’s start off with the main location team, they are essentially in charge of everything that goes on in the hotel. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter