Predator and her prey

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura fidgets in her seat. She knows she is being watched but she doesn’t know where it is coming from. Yujin was here to help with the registration process and the computer while Eunbi was just watching them from the corner. When Sakura momentarily looked away after settling into her seat, the two bodyguards disappeared, as promised. She tries to keep her pride intact by not making it obvious that she is looking for them. She stealthily eyes around but indeed, the agents cannot be seen. Maybe I should just relax and try to get used to this bodyguard thing. Maybe it wouldn’t be bad after all? Who knows, maybe I will get used to the Captain too.

 

The two agents watch Sakura from above, amused at the girl’s ‘subtle’ actions.

 

“Unnie, she is clearly trying to find us!” Yujin laughs.

 

“Pluto, don’t laugh. That’s rude. She’s still new to this so give her some room for curiosity.” Eunbi says while keeping her eyes on Sakura through the thick mirror glass. The two agents are in the room that the owners of the PC shop created on the second floor as their rest room. Coincidentally because of its location, it also functions as a way to watch their customers in case anything happens.

 

“Are you sure you girls don’t need anything to drink? Gamers usually stay here for quite some time.” A young man walks into the room with a can of Coke in his hand.

 

“Thank you for offering, Sungho oppa. But we are not allowed to eat or drink on the job unless we really need to.” Yujin answers.

 

The said ‘older brother’ ruffles her hair as he walks past them to settle on the sofa near the back of the room.

 

“Aish oppa, don’t mess up my hair!” Yujin shrieks.

 

“It’s so weird to see you all grown up Yujin ah.” He drops onto the sofa.

 

Eunbi smiles at the situation but keeps her eyes trained on Sakura. The girl is obviously getting very engrossed in her game as she continuously mumbles and groans. Eunbi noted that the short stint at the PC shop brought out more facial expressions from Sakura compared to the whole time in the mansion.

 

The younger girl beside Eunbi jumps up in frustration, “Urgh oppa, now I can’t get my hair back into shape! Is there a mirror here?” Yujin walks towards Sungho but did not notice the stray coke can on the ground. So when she accidentally kicked it, the loud clanging sound shock the occupants in the room, causing Eunbi to break her concentration.

 

She locates the source of the chaos immediately and Eunbi drops her guard at the clearly guilty girl. “Yujin ah, watch where you are going. Imagine if there was still coke, you would’ve made a big mess in Sungho’s office.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s Yujin being Yujin after all.” Sungho jokes and stands up from the sofa to pick up the fallen can. While bending up, he sneaks a glance at Eunbi who is now giggling at Yujin’s embarrassed expression. Yujin has brought a pretty and considerate girl to his office and for no particular reason, he is trying to leave a good impression by doing more than usual, like tossing his innocent childhood neighbour’s hair for no reason.

 

Being the top agent she is, Eunbi is aware of Sungho’s subtle glance but chooses to ignore it. It is not the first time that people did a double take on her and as flattered as she is, she just simply isn’t interested. Work is her only priority right now and she returns back to her earlier position to scan for her principal. She frowns. Her principal is not at her spot. Eunbi’s eyes scan across the entire gaming floor; Sakura is nowhere to be seen.

 

“Cherry is missing. Lighting, did you see her leaving?”

 

Yujin straightens up and rushes over to Eunbi’s side. A male voice reaches the comms of both girls. “No Cap, not at all.”

 

“Okay, stand guard outside. Pluto and I will head down to the floor to double check.” Eunbi immediately walks to the door with Yujin swiftly following along. Both girls run down the stairs to the gaming floor. “Pluto, let’s split.” Yujin nods and heads off in the opposite direction. As she carefully maneuvers around, Eunbi’s eyes are in heightened mode, searching for the missing principal. Her eyes scan across every single person in the room, then she spots a dark corridor and she gets a bad feeling. “Is there an exit at the end of this corridor?” Eunbi stops the PC Bang staff member who happens to walk past.

 

“Yeah, that’s our back door exit usually for staff members to head out for a smoke.”

 

“Thanks.” Eunbi frowns and immediately pulls out her phone. Yujin who just finished searching through her section rejoins her senior agent now expertly swiping the surface of the touchscreen. The interface of the application that Eunbi is fiddling with seems very familiar to Yujin, “is this the tracking app? You put a tracking on Cherry?”

 

“It’s our first day with her and she was so reluctant having us around. I knew she would run away from us.” Eunbi frowns and waits as the application scans itself.

 

“But Lighting said he didn’t see Cherry leaving the PC Bang, surely she must still be here.” Yujin says worriedly, feeling slightly guilty that her coke can incident has caused the usually focused Captain to be distracted.

 

Eunbi points to the dark corridor, “The staff member just told me there is an exit over there. Want to bet that she left using that door?” Just then, the phone beeps and indeed, Eunbi is right. Sakura is on the move about five minutes away from the PC Bang. “Lighting, Cherry has escaped. She is five minutes out on foot towards Myeongcheong-5 intersection. Pluto and I will chase on foot, you take the car and head to the intersection.”

 

“On my way Cap.”

 

Eunbi’s body instinctively moves as she runs towards the dark corridor and bursts out of the PC Bang. Yujin follows and the door opens up to a back alley. Eunbi glances at the phone and swerves off to the right towards the main road. The agents run through the passers-by who are knocking off from work. Their well-trained physiques allow them to easily make their way through, keeping constant running speed therefore shortening the distance between them and their target.

 

“Lighting here at Myeongcheong-5. No sight of Cherry.”

 

Eunbi checks in with the application. “She just made a quick left into the main pedestrian street of Myeongdong. Drive over to the other end and wait there, Pluto and I are just turning in.”

 

They make the same left that Sakura did and are met with a huge crowd along that very street.

 

“Dammit, it is going to be tough locating her even with the application.” Yujin groans as she takes a breath from that run.

 

“Lighting, change of orders. Get on foot, we need all hands on deck for Cherry. The tracker shows that she is around shop 34.”

 

“Copy.”

 

Even amongst the crowd, they are able to spot their fellow agent Lighting and despite her bright blonde hair, Sakura is nowhere in sight. The three suited agents continuously scan across the crowd where the tracker points them to. “Did she dump the tracker?”

 

“I don’t think it’s possible she knows about it.” Eunbi answers. She glances at the phone and looks around. The tracker obviously points us here, so where is she?

 

Then she sees it. The bright neon sign board situated slightly off the main street - a game shop, of course she must be there. “I know where she is.” Eunbi pockets the phone in her suit and brisk walks towards the aforementioned shop. The brightly lit interior will easily capture the eyes of any gaming fans with big posters of familiar game titles plastered along the entrance. Eunbi takes a step into the store with electronic dance music blasting loudly into her eardrums. The other two agents follow behind and there, the principal they have been searching for stands between racks of games, too engrossed in the game box she has in her hands to notice them.

 

“Lighting.” Eunbi calls her senior male colleague who is mainly in charge of driving. Eunbi has always liked working with him not o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter