Minjoo and her agents

Engage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting Sakura back was way easier than the earlier half of the day. The girl basically rushed into her room but not before warning them scarily - or so she thinks because Eunbi is not scared off by those glassy big eyes because she seems more like a feisty little kitten than a real tiger. “If I stay in my room you guys will not bother me?”

 

Yujin and Eunbi nod.

 

“Okay then. Do not track me. Do not watch me. Do not do anything to me. Thanks.” She shuts the door so firmly the agents know definitively it is closed.

 

Then it is pulled open again. “There are no hidden cameras in the room right? I know you Koreans have that weird .”

 

“No Sakura, there are no cameras in your room. There are cameras around the mansion but none in your private space.”

 

A brief ‘thanks’ is muttered before the door slams shut again.

 

Yujin pulls her earpiece out, as this is somewhat a break time for them now that their principal is safely at base. Eunbi follows suit. “What did you do to her unnie? Why do you guys seem to not like each other?”

 

“I have no likes or dislikes for my principal.” Eunbi nods at a base agent who is taking over. He will stand guard outside Sakura’s room while they rest.

 

“You like Minjoo as your principal, don’t you?”

 

“That’s different.” The two walk down the steps towards the pantry.

 

“What’s so different? They are both principals.”

 

“Minjoo is nicer than her.”

 

Yujin her brows at Eunbi’s reasoning. “I think you and Sakura unnie need to sort your out because the tension is going to suffocate me!” Yujin exaggerates by acting like she is choking before she feels Eunbi’s gaze on her.

 

“Language Yujin.”

 

“Yes unnie…” She pouts.

 

The two of them were about to enter the pantry when someone calls from afar. “Captain. Pluto.” They bow as Chief approaches.

 

“How was the first day with Cherry? Her first time with bodyguards, she must not be easy.”

 

Eunbi knows she has to report everything as Chief is not someone to keep things from. “She escaped from us at one point in time so the tracker came into use luckily.”

Ka Eun frowns, “How did you guys let a rookie target escape so easily. If you told me it was Minjoo I might believe you better as she is experienced with the bodyguard concept but Sakura? What were you guys doing?”

 

Yujin does not want to let Captain take the blame for the distraction she caused and is about to say something when she feels a slight touch from Eunbi.

 

Eunbi cuts in, “Sorry Chief. We were careless and underestimated our principal. It wouldn’t happen again.”

 

“It shouldn’t. Who knows how bad this could’ve gone. Especially you Eunbi, you should have been more alert. I explicitly told you why we need to put a tracker on Cherry. There are so many negative news, rumors, and comments swirling around the marriage of a Japanese to the head of Korea’s top conglomerate. Some people now still harbor hate over what the Japanese did during the Korean war. Those online threats to the lives of Sakura and her mother are something we cannot take lightly. Remember what happened to Minjoo?”

 

Every agent knows, it is one incident drilled into the brain of every one of them as an agent of KIS.

 

“Chaewon wouldn’t be so lucky if anything worse happened to Minjoo. So do not put yourself in the same position. You understand me?”

 

“Yes Chief.” They reply solemnly.

 

Chief Ka Eun is about to leave when she adds, “So she knows about the tracker?”

 

“Yes Chief.” Eunbi answers.

 

“Find a way to get it back on her.”

 

“Yes Chief.”

 

Ka Eun leaves the girls behind and head off. Once she leaves the corridor, Yujin sighs. “I am sorry unnie. This is all my fault.”

 

Eunbi places her arm over Yujin’s shoulder. “It’s our fault not yours. We are a team remember. Next time be more careful and learn from this. Got it?”

 

Yujin nods and Eunbi smiles. “Let’s get some sugar into our body. Hope there’s still macarons left!”

 

Thankfully for the girls, there is. Amidst getting a sugar rush, Yujin decides to probe about what Chief said earlier. “There’s a threat on Mrs Kim and Sakura?”

 

“There’s always a threat to the whole family. That’s why we are here Yujin-ah.”

 

“You know what I am asking.” She whines. Yujin knows she is too junior in rank to know certain level-based information but that does not stop her from trying.

 

“It is just with the big buzz of the marriage everybody is talking about there is a lot of unwanted attention. And you know how ugly conversations can be online. So we are just being more aware of such.”

 

“There are threats of murder?”

 

“Murder, kidnapping, . Every bad thing you can think of.” Eunbi places the last mouthful in.

 

Yujin cringes. Eunbi dusts off her fingers and swallows. “Don’t worry. I am sure it is harmless talk. Otherwise, we are here. KIS agents will protect our principals. That’s why we are KIS.”

 

Yujin looks at the older girl. Eunbi unnie is not just a mentor to her, but also her aspiration. Don’t be betrayed by her looks because as Yujin realised, Eunbi is not just a reliable older sister, she is one with skills and capabilities to match. There are so many times Yujin is grateful to be able to learn from her, this is just another one to the list.

 

“Oh, do not mention to Cherry about all this. She doesn’t need to feel more unnerved than she already is. Just let her continue to think the tracker is for us to catch her when she sneaks off.”

 

“What if she asks?”

 

“Unless she asks point blank about why we need to track her then tell. We are not hiding the real reason since it is her own safety after all, but we are just simply not bringing it up. Otherwise we keep doing our jobs, watching out for our principal.”

 

Yujin nods at Eunbi’s eloquent words.

 

Right then, a loud booming voice interrupts the girls’ conversation. “You guys are back!” Yena runs and pounces on Yujin, annoying the younger girl who attempts to shake the clinging girl off.

 

“The whole mansion can hear you scream, Yena.” Eunbi mocks.

 

Yena pouts at the lack of reciprocal reaction, “I just miss y’all after being stuck with only Chaewon. I am older than her but she is so aloof.”

 

“Well she is after all brought up in a military family, her personality is trained like that since young. I mean, that no-joke personality has gotten her to a team leader status way before her peers.” Yujin states.

 

“That’s true, top cadet from the KIS academy. Of course if Eunbi unnie you were from the academy, that might have been you.” Yena winks before continuing. “But still, Kim C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter