Chapter 08

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

All I could feel was the cold.

Running from the tip of my toe all the way up to my head.

My eyes fluttered open and the fluorescent light came to my sight like thousand tiny needles piercing into my eyeballs. I squinted due to the harsh lighting.

I thought I would wake up inside the restraining chamber, but I woke up on a bed tucked inside a fluffy warm comforter.

But the cold was inside of me, in my bones.

"You're finally awake."

I heard a girl on my right said.

Her hair was tied into a tight, low ponytail. She had a soft smokey eye makeup on and she was wearing a hooded black robe. I thought it was only her makeup, but her hand and face complexion were the same shade, which was super pale. It was inhumane to look that pale but still looking good.

She reminded me of two things: vampire, bounty hunter.

"Where am I?"

Could she be a bounty hunter?

If so, why am I tucked nicely in a blanket?

"Uh, the dormitory, you silly. Where else would it be?"

I scanned around the room. Red wallpaper was plastered on the wall and the crown moulding was a meander pattern.

The girl's side was already filled with her things. Her study table full of books, pencils and painting brush whereas mine was filled with nothing.

The girl snap-closed the book that she was reading and stood up from her bed. "The President told me to take you to him when you're awake." She walked closer and looked down on me with an eerie smile. "Now that you are I will you before my class starts."
 

~

 

The vampire girl led me through series of hallways and corridors.

Weirdly enough, when you step outside of the dormitory room, the design of the place changed from Greek into Victorian. The ceiling was ridiculously high, with lots of big fancy looking chandeliers and gothic sconces along the wall.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single person roaming around. All I could hear was the thumping sound of the vampire girl's high boot heels against the marble floor.

"Where is everyone?" I quietly asked.

The girl looked over her shoulder in front of me and smiled, "it's still an hour 'till any of the classes start. You won't see anyone until it is 10 minutes before the classes start."

I studied the black robe that she was wearing. As the hood was hanging at her back, the edge of it was decorated with a very dark red and lighter red meander pattern again.

As we got into what looked like the main hall, with a big Greek marble statue of a woman with a funny looking outfit (yes, she is not ,surprisingly), by funny I mean the outfit looks nothing like Greek.

There, right above the funny dressed woman statue, hung a ridiculously fancy looking big chandelier. It was there as if it was meant to be the center of the attention. Not to be mistaken, the attention really goes to the woman statue. The chandelier was just there to point it out, hey look at this giant woman with pointy shoulder outfit and pointy shoes.

"Juli,"

I blinked at the statue, realizing that my attention was a hundred percent drawn to it.

"I swear some witch might've put a charm spell on that statue." Vampire Girl shook her head, at the statue.

Vampire Girl waved her hand telling me to continue to follow her, and so I did.

When you walk pass the statue it revealed a big, two branched staircases. In the middle stood a big dark wooden door engraved with Victorian design pattern.

That must be it.

"Do you see it?" Vampire Girl asked.

I nodded.

"That's the President's office, obviously. I think you're good on your own now, right?"

To be honest even though she looks terrifyingly mean but she actually seems nice and I don't want her to leave me alone.

"I guess?"

I looked down from her face to the symbol on the right of her chest on her robe. An R and a crown.

Ramos?

A loud creaking sound of an opening door could be heard up there and it caught both of out attention.

From where we were standing the guy who came out of Victor's office looked small but I recognized who it was, and so did Vampire Girl.

"You've gotta be kidding, again?" She mumbled to herself.

She looked away from him and faced me. We were waiting for Hendery to come to us, but my stare never left his.

"Jennie," Hendery greeted to who seemed to be Vampire Girl.

"Running errands for the President has been added into your syllabus, I see." Jennie smirked.

"Don't be silly, Jennie. I'm just doing it for what's best for the institute." Hendery said impassively.

Then he shifted his gaze to me, "hi."

My lips twitched into a small smile. "Hi."

I could feel Jennie's disgusted frown without even seeing it directly for myself.

"Victor is waiting for you," Hendery said. "I'll be going now."

I thought I was the most awkward person alive.

"I'll see you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter