Chapter 40

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

 

I stared at the sandwiches Jaehyun made for everyone. 

We were all eating in a terribly awkward silence at the dinning table. Well, everyone except for Yuta. He was still not feeling good after the attack, so we let him sleep in.

"Eat it." Ten said. "You don't just stare at it."

I ignored his remark. 

I took a glance at Hendery in front of me, who clearly was feeling uncomfortable as soon as he notice my gaze. He kept eating his food silently, avoiding my eyes.
 

Ten walked in when I was having... a moment with Yuta, and he kinda screamed.

And I guess he shared his mini traumatic experience with everyone and now they were acting strange towards me.

Xiaojun was the first who finished his sandwiches, then cleared his throat, "I'm gonna go check on Yuta,"

I stood up immediately, which resulted to everyone looking at me with puzzled looks. 

"I'll go." I said.

I caught Jaehyun rolling his eyes, 

Taeyong's jaw got tense.

Hendery looked like he didn't give a ,

Mark widened his eyes for a split second.

I moved my sandwiches to Yuta's plate and grabbed a glass of milk.

"Make sure you eat it," Ten said. "I mean the sandwich." He smirked.

Gods can he shut up.

I started to head to Yuta's room which was only a few steps from the dinning table.

I slid the door open and quickly got in to slide the door shut with my foot.

Yuta was shifting himself to sit on the futon leaning to the wall behind him. "What's that?" He asked.

"Sandwich," I said quietly. "Jaehyun made it." I sat down next to the futon, next to him.

"How?"

"I don't know, I guess with bread, ham, eggs, tomatoes—"

"Not how he made it, you silly." Yuta snickered. "How did he buy all of this?"

"He said Xiaojun used drachmas. The cashier was a demigod." 

Drachma is the main currency for the gods, goddesses, and demigods. They were used by the Ancient Greeks as a currency.

Yuta's big eyes widened, and I couldn't help but stare at them.

"Who? When was this?" He asked in panic.

"Relax, Yuta." I said. "We won't be here in a few hours anyway." I picked up the glass of milk from the floor and held it to him, "you need to eat, but drink this first."

"Why is Jaehyun giving me so many sandwiches I'm not gonna finish that," he complained. Then he stared at me, raising his eyebrow. "Have you eaten?"

It took a few seconds for me to answer, "yes."

He furrowed his eyebrows at me, "are you sure?"

"What??"

"You didn't seem sure of your answer."

"Goddammit Yuta, just eat."

He blinked and then reached for the sandwich. But he winced in pain as his body bent too much.

"I'll go get Ten," I said.

I was about to get up but he grabbed my wrist, "you can do it."

He wanted me to heal him,

"I— I can't, I'm not really good at it yet,"

"But I want you to try." He said.

Why? Why does he want an inexperienced healer to heal his injury??

Yuta turned his back on me and I stood on my knees because he was taller. I bend the water from the bowl in the corner of the room, and brought it to cover both of my hands.

"Your t-shirt," I said.

He pulled up his new t-shirt that he got from the closet and took it off.

I stared in horror at his scar. A big spot of his skin looked like it was fried. 

I slowly positioned my palms above the scar. I concentrated and the water glowed. 

"Why—" I said through my teeth, holding back my tears. "You shouldn't have done this,"

He grunted as the water glowed. After I was done, I redirected the water back to the big bowl at the corner of the room.

"When did you learn to waterbend?" He asked as he turned around.

"I never," I looked away from him, "Lucas taught me to heal, and to control the water. But when it comes to combat I know nothing." 

"Who taught you to... airbend?" He asked again.

I felt my cheeks getting heated, "I didn't—" I sighed. "I know some moves by... watching you."

He continued to stared at me while leaning to the wall behind him, I didn't want to meet his eyes. Not when he was shirtless.

Gods why is he not putting his t-shirt back.

"Yuta," I called his name, as if his attention wasn't already on me. "Promise me something,"

He didn't say anything and waited for me to finish.

"Don't ever throw yourself like that to... save me... protect me... or whatever." I said.

"I told you," He said. "I didn't, never wanted to. It just happened."

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter