Chapter 10

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


~*~

 

I just realised something.

Jaehyun's voice sounded familiar, because he visited me when I was still unconscious in the restraining chamber.

"Juli," Yuta called me and I quickly turned to him. "Are you okay?" Yuta stormed off to where I was and held my shoulder.

I was surprised, he didn't seem to be the type to care like this.

I just nodded slowly.

I stared at the floor. "W— Is Hendery okay?"

Yuta took a deep breath, like he was hesitating to answer. "I don't really know what's going on, since I am not that close with Hendery." He said, with a soft voice. "But we all notice that he has been acting... distant."

"How?"

"He has been avoiding us lately, and Taeyong said he hasn't come to sleep at the dorm at night for days now."

Taeyong?

"Did he really kill someone?" Yuta eyed me, in a serious manner.

"They were—They were..." I felt a tingling sensation on the cuts on my arm, remembering that night. "He saved me."

Yuta sighed, "I see." He said quietly. "Alright, I think the tour is over. See ya around, Juli." Yuta waved at me and walked away.

 

~

 

"Jennie," I said, while she was combing my hair.

"Yes?" 

"Are you in arts style?"

"Fighting style," she said while looking at me in the eye before turning away to put on her black robe.

"What if I'm not good in both fighting and arts? Don't they have science or something?" I said, while looking at my stupid reflection on Jennie's mirror.

"Unless you're a waterbender or the son of Apollo, you pretty much have no choice. Even demigods like children of Apollo are born to fight. That's why they have ADHD, it gives them better reflexes when they're fighting."

But I am a waterbender too.

Something doesn't make sense. Why would Victor want me to say that I am a firebender? I haven't even figured out which element I prefer. 

"We have to go now, we are late." Jennie said.

I wrapped my cuts with a cloth to cover it up and Jennie threw me a black robe of my own. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Let's go, I can't wait to introduce you to my friends."

 

~

 

Jennie led me to where the dinner was held. Apparently, students here go to the Dining Hall to have dinner and a dance every night.

I couldn't believe it until I saw it for myself.

The Dinning Hall was humongous, gothic chandeliers with tungsten lighting illuminated the whole area with big windows just at the back where, I'm guessing, the teachers and the councils sat.

Victor, my uncle, was sitting on the biggest chair in the very middle of the faculty members.

Victor and other 3 people were wearing tuxes and dresses, obviously the Council of Four. The rest who were sitting next to them were wearing cloaks like the students, but dark maroon.

I still don't know whether to believe that this is really happening, that out of nowhere I found my relative that turns out to be the owner of this luxurious and prestigious school? 

Thinking about it seems very crazy.

There I was, sitting in this very big room with a sea of people that I didn't know, except for Jennie.

She sat next to me and we were sitting with her friends on one of the four long tables.

"So this is Juli, and she is my new roommate." Jennie said to her other five smiling friends.

At least they were smiling, right?

"Hi." I awkwardly said, and I already felt to dig a grave for myself.

"So... what style are you going to major?" the girl, with a blonde wavy hair who was sitting on my other side, said.

I chuckled awkwardly, "I still don't know yet."

"What do you mean you don't know?" The girl, who was as pale as Jennie said.

"I'm completely new to this." 

"Ahh, a Dummy." The girl with a high ponytail said. 

"Seulgi." Jennie hissed to the high ponytail girl. "Don't be so hard on her."

"But Seulgi's right. She is a Dummy." The girl with a blonde highlight said.

I frowned at them. Are they really saying I'm stupid?

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said, obviously annoyed.

"A Dummy is a person who has not experimented on what they can do with their gifts. Before coming here, at least us, the Black Velvet have done something with our powers. Therefore, we know what we want to do with our powers, hence for us, fighting." The girl with a french braided dark hair said.

I swear, they have so many terminologies for every single thing I could barely keep up with it. 

"Don't worry Dummy, we got your back. We will help you find your style." The blonde girl next to me said.

"Alright you creeps, that's enough. We haven't even properly introduce ourselves." Jennie said. "Rosie, go."

Rosie, the blond girl who was sitting next to me, "I am Rosé and I am a daughter of Aphrodite. My specialty is charmspeak and I'm a level 3."

The girl with blonde highlights snickered, "now that ain't very special is it if every child of Aphrodite can use charmspeak."

"Don't make me use it on you, Wendy. You know there is no one who can use charmspeak as affective as me."

Jennie shrugged, "she's right, that's why we are the A team."

Seulgi smirked and smiled. "I guess."

"Who's Aphrodite?" I said.

Then all the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter