You make my heart race.

My love is like a star.

 While Sana slept in her bed, being knocked out by the emotional exhaustion and alcohol she had, on the first floor, muffled by the sound of the TV, the meeting of siblings was held. Mei sat in front of her brother facing the staircase and listened to each of the sounds carefully.

 “Okay. All clean.” She whispered.

 The boy nodded and smiled.

 “So, what do you think?”

 It was a bit rude, but they couldn’t hide the curiosity and were watching the windows almost for an hour before the big car pulled over and they were able to see the figure of the person dropping off their mother.

 “It’s definitely a woman.” The girl stated.
 “A tall one.”

 In the yellow light of cheap street bulb, it was hard to see and the weird blue skin tone prevented them from even identify the features of the face. So now actions spoke louder for them.

 “One thing I could say is that she treats mom very nicely.” Mei said, not dropping the serious face.
 “You noticed too, right?”
Jin nudged her shoulder, lifting eyebrows. “It was sweet.”

 As a boy, Jin didn’t care much about how the person was. The only thing he wanted to see is his mother’s happy state and person’s gentle attitude. He knew he would pay no attention if the woman was poor or rich, had an unusual appearance or something else. His mood already was going up each time Sana laughed staring at her phone or as happened today, she flew into the house, kicking off her shoes and running to bathroom splashing water all over her red face.

 Though for Mei it was different. She knew her mother deserved the best out of bests. She had seen the lovely gestures, the way woman kissed Sana’s hand, but for her, everything played a role. It was maybe her curiosity hitting her, but she was desperate to know and see. She didn’t care whether it guy or woman, she just wanted some sort of protection from that person. Her own friend’s had two mothers and when the girl was bullied, the tall angry woman came and after that, no one ever dared to say anything. Mei wanted something like that as well.

 “Do you think we can ask mom about it?” Jin voiced out.
 “No, we might scare her. Let her say it when she’s ready.”

 ***

 Sana was shocked when she went down to the annoying knocking in the door and found the same annoyed guy with a huge bouquet of red roses. He also stretched the box from some candy store and asked for a sign before running to the van. Still confused she took it in, closing the door and heading to the kitchen. The box was placed on the table and she tried to search for any note.

 The red envelope was carefully hidden in the flowers, swelling of light sweet scent. Sana opened it, reading the message, accurately written in black ink.

‘Thank you for yesterday evening. Your eyes when we danced simply stole my heart. And thank you for giving me a chance, I’ll use it carefully. Looking forward to our next meeting. – C. T.’

 There could be only one person in the world to write it. Sana’s heart swelled with bliss. The roses were fresh and pretty, almost having the same color as her dress the night before. Sana couldn’t hide her smile as she remembered their little moment in front of her house. She felt like being 16 again and her heart strongly responding to every simple gesture.

 “Wow, what’s that?” She heard the sleepy voice.

 Jin went down, rubbing his eyes, probably being awakened by the delivery boy that was running late. He jumped to the woman’s side and touched the bouquet confirming if it was real, then smiled. But before that, his attention switched to the box.

 “Is it sweets?” He stretched to open it up.
 “No, wait!”

 Sana almost dropped the flowers, afraid that the cake inside could also have some message that would be sweet and confessing and she didn’t want her children to worry about it just yet.

 “Can you bring the vase first?”
 “Uhm, yeah.”

 When the boy went away, she hurriedly opened the box and surprisingly found a creamy cake with strawberries and chocolate on top. It was beautiful and looked delicious. Nothing else written or added, so she sighed in relief.

 “What’s that?” the other cheerful voice sounded.

 Mei happily skipped to the table looking into the box then to the woman in question. She liger her eyes on the flowers and narrowed beautiful eyes waiting for explanations.

 “Mom had a delivery.” Jin grinned while pouring water in the blue vase.

 Sana was sweating. She didn’t want to lie but was afraid to lose her children trust by telling them that she is seeing someone.

 “You finally got a date? Congrats.”

 Mei sensed the frighten expression and took the situation in her hands, eager to show that it was fine with them.

 “It’s nice of them to send flowers. But can we eat the cake already?”

 Sana calmed down, feeling at ease to know that her children cared for her happiness and not theirs. Though she was sure that if they met Tzuyu, they will have nice relationships with her. At least now she acted all nice and kind in front of Sana and seemed to be down to earth.

 ***

 ‘Can we have an evening walk then?’

 Sana read the message and smiled. Tzuyu was asking her for a walk or date the whole Sunday, but she promised to be with her children instead, so the other woman was sulking.

 ‘We can meet on Monday.’

 As much as she wanted to be home after work, she was eager to spend time with Tzuyu as well, especially when she got Sana flowers and cake and started to officially persuade her. It was moving fast and the feelings Sana felt scared her, but somehow she trusted Tzuyu on it.

 ‘I’ll die of anticipation.’

 The other message came.

 ‘But I guess, the good things happen if you wait and work hard to get it. So, I’ll do my best.’

 Sana was blushing and her heart raced for a save route out of fluttering.

 ***

 Tzuyu sat at her table, piles of papers piling up on both sides of her. She was frustrated since the morning. The news that came up at night from her representative in Taiwan wasn’t really good. They were apparently losing a deal and Tzuyu didn’t want to even think about it. She was up since 4 a.m. arranging meetings and planning her schedule for the week. The CEO’s head was spinning already from all of this.

 Her Korean branch was a new one and thought had no rooms for her own cabinet. She didn’t need one. The space of Chaeyoung one was enough to stuff an apartment there and so a small table by the wall that was full now since Tzuyu worked there, was what needed. They sat in silence, each of them busy at their own problems and working hard to solve it. Jeongyeon also was driving around the city doing the task she was given. So it was simple to say that the head of the whole company worked none stop in both countries.

 ‘Is your offer still on?’ Tzuyu glanced at her phone, all ready to receive something bad again, but it only turned out to be Sana.

 She smiled, through her tiredness. She wasn’t able to feel this lighthearted in a while. At first, she saw a cute girl that started her work a few months ago and was so nervous and clumsy that it was making Tzuyu smile every time she saw her. Sana was interesting. She gave strong vibes of professionalism when she wanted to. While driving the car together for the first time, something just hit Tzuyu in the heart. Those eyes that looked out the window, the slight smell of alcohol mixed with her sweet perfume, the soft features of the face. It was making Tzuyu feel fresh. The feeling her flooded with paperwork head never experienced before.

 As much as she needed to make the deal work again and then make sure everything will be stable, she couldn’t help but desire to meet the blonde girl that somehow seemed to race her heart.

 ‘I’ll pick you up after work.’

 She sent the reply and rubbed her face. This was no way she would finish today and she needed to hurry up, but Sana was a very pretty girl that stuck in Tzuyu’s heart firmly and she needed to hurry up too and get at least some inch closer to her until she’ll be forced into farthest work and won’t have too much time.

 It was harder though. All her relationships failed, some of them not even reaching to the second date because for work. It was hard to accept the woman’s responsibility for many job positions and employees’ salary. Her perfectionism prevented her from making the decisions easy. So Chou Tzuyu’s love life contained of short dates and one-night stands once in a while.

 “Excuse me, the meeting will be in 4 minutes.” Dahyun went in, a bit scared of two tired and angry bosses.
 “Fine. Can you, please, prepare the documents I asked early?”
 “Yes.”

 Of course, it was just formality they use. Three of them, together with Jeongyeon and other girl studied together for a long time and were good friends. But everyone knew when the youngest are working, there should be no distraction and they all still followed the rule.

 The usual routine followed and by 5 p.m. both were desperate for sleep and rest for an hour or so. Tzuyu talked with her friend and representative, Jackson, about the job. So far it was going smooth and her aspiration of working farther onto the matter made the partners a bit enthusiastic and waiting for the review over the partnership. They promised to wait until the end of the week for any good news.

 “Do you want me to call Jeong?” Dahyun flopped on the couch, dropping off all the formalities.
 “No need. I’m meeting someone.”
 “Is that the pretty girl that came with you the other day?” Chaeyoung grinned lifting her head from the computer.
 “Yes.”

 She voiced out much distant, reading the documents again while leaning on the table. The others exchanged the look. Tzuyu wasn’t really the type to let her frustrations on someone. If she felt happy it was shown if she felt worried she would keep it until she will need a piece of advice. They knew how hard it was for a young woman to cooperate with her life – parents wanted to rest and gave company to her, as her shy brother couldn’t manage it. Sometimes she felt like being the plan B for everything. When Tadeo refused to do anything, she was asked after that and had no options but to agree. Chou family was nice, but sometimes Tzuyu just felt upset about things.

 “You sure about starting it now? You’ve got plenty of work this month.” Chaeyoung asked, studying her friend’s reaction.
 “I don’t want to put it aside this time.”
 “We’re rooting for you Chou.” Dahyun grinned with her eye-smile.

 Leaving the office, Tzuyu hopped into her car and drove to pick Sana. Her head was in pain from too much work and lack of sleep, but she knew once Sana will be here, she won’t mind this.

 She parked at the underground parking lot and waited for time to pass, massaging temple with closed eyes. Sometimes it was just too hard for her to manage all the things at once. She was doing pretty well, but it started to have a bad effect on her health recently, so that’s why she made Chaeyoung to drag her to this fragrance company. She was supposed to rest while having a few meeting, but the work seemed to just find her every time.

 “Tzuyu.” The nice voice calling for her caught her attention.

 The passenger door was opened and Sana stood there with the most breathtaking smile ever. All of Tzuyu’s problems just went afar. She watched the woman sitting on the comfortable seat and putting purse over her laps. She looked good as always – a skirt and a shirt but still was able to make the other’s heart race.

 “Walk over the Han river will be fine?” Tzuyu started the car, still couldn’t take her eyes from the blonde.
 “Sure.”

 She drove into the streets, taking the turn to the famous place and relaxing a little.

 “How’s work going? You look tired.”

 Surprisingly Sana started the conversation first, worried about the exhausted expression. Tzuyu smiled, still concentrating on the road.

 “It’s fine. Just was busy today.”
 “You should go home and rest then.” She said sternly.
 “I wanted to see you.”

Sana felt her cheeks burning a little. She was more glad than anything, knowing that Tzuyu still choose her over other stuff. She awkwardly played with a zipper on her purse, causing Tzuyu to grin on the cute gesture.

 “What are you interested in?” Tzuyu asked.

 Sana thought for a while. Once she liked fancy stuff and even had a perfume collection and liked to be stuck in the garden, taking care of flowers, but now as she entered an adult’s life it all faded. She still had her garden but had little time to do something there.

 “I guess I like taking care of the garden and just watch good series once in a while.”
 “What’s your favorite flower?”
 “Any. I liked rose you gave me.”

 Tzuyu smiled, exposing her little dimple and feeling proud of herself. She carefully made some turns, trying to find a less crowded place and when it was in front of them, she pulled over. She was sure that parking wasn’t allowed, but still, a little walk with Sana sounded alluring.

 They left the car and moved to the river. The atmosphere was amazing. The nice breeze, the sound of big city mixed with the crashing of water and more important – their presence in private. Sana watched the city, seating on the bench and waiting for Tzuyu to do the same. When she did, she felt her hand being tapped.

 “You can rest here.”

 Sana patted her laps with a soft smile, which only send the other woman blushing and embarrassed. She shook her head a little to stay in her mind and turned to the blonde again.

 “It would be rude of me.”
 “Come on. Little rest would help to relax.”

 Even if feeling bad for showing her stressed look today and forcing Sana to react on it, she still carefully put her head down, resting the long body of the wooden but comfortable bench. Sana was soft and smelt nice, two thoughts that made her ears burn. She never did this before and the new feelings were filling her heart fully with nice emotions. The silkiness of the skirt made it fell like she was in her bed without worries and problems for tomorrow. She felt fingers running through the dark locks, pleasantly scratching nape and combing hair till the end. Shivers attacked her back, making the body shake a little. Sana giggles blessed her ears when the world was slowly going around them.