She's flirting.

My love is like a star.

 When Sana entered the house, the two other residents immediately noticed some changes. The woman threw her bag with documents with no regrets, skipped to cook in her pretty working dress and was extremely happy and talkative. Though, the children liked it. Usually, they had meals in a half silence mood, the TV distracted their attention and Sana would only stare at her extra work files.

 Mei knew the probability of this change. She watched her mother’s completely new behavior. Sure, she was super lovely with them, treated them with literary everything. But turning her back her smile dropped, the thoughts of their small problems were falling on her shoulders and she looked devastated. Now the cheerful woman in front of the little girl swung her hips to the commercial song, chatted like an excited child and listened with so much interest.

 Jin was more than amused. His mother was young, he knew it well, but never thought that she could act the same way the girls from his school does. He was used to entering class filled with the chattering of the recent big news. The girls were forming their circles and actively opened their mouths. He was sure that once he’d be near them, his ears would pop up. But seeing his mother’s eyes sparkling and the table being cleaned from all the papers with endless numbers made him even more excited and willing to join into the conversation.

 Once in a while Sana felt relaxed down to her feet. She helped children with homework, before sending them to bed. The documents were sent to the bottom on the hell and she flopped on the s of bed and stared at the ceiling. She checked her phone, seeing the massage there.

 ‘Good night, sweetheart.’

 It was from Tzuyu. The tingling sensation went through her body again, exciting her heart more and more.

 ‘Good night.’

 ***

 It was obvious for everyone how cheerful Sana was getting when Tzuyu texted her. Her arm automatically reached the phone, eyes read every word several times and she thought on the answer as if writing an essay. The girls were teasing her. Jihyo discovered it was Tzuyu when not so ‘accidentally’ glancing on the screen.

 ‘I want to see you there.’

 Tzuyu wrote, referring to the Halloween party.

 “Well, she’s definitely flirting.” Momo stated. “She even added winking emoji.”
 “You already on the verge of becoming a couple.” Nayeon sat on the chair as she knew what she was talking about.

 They were offering advises every single minute. Momo’s were too childish, Jihyo’s too straight-lined and Nayeon’s so gay and inappropriate, that she was kicked out on the coffee break first and alone.

 “I think you better not talk about children on this stage.” Jihyo suggested.
 “Yeah, she might be scared.”
 “So, if she wants to spend a night make excuse and stay at her place instead.”

  Nayeon placed a cup on her side with a smug look. Jihyo scolded her and hushed back again, this time going with a whining woman.

 Sana hid the tiny tint of pink on her cheeks and sink farther in documents. Momo noticed it but said nothing.

 But this made her think for a while. She was scared herself to even voice out about children and this was the other reason to be against having any relationships with the woman. Sana was sure that the businesswoman didn’t want to even hear about children at this age. She was young, successful and has many prospects for the future. But the inner side of the blonde still wanted to try it and see how it will go. Her heart was asking for someone to take it and up till now Sana never really considered anyone near her. But somehow Tzuyu seemed to slowly change her mind and view on things.

 ‘Who will you be?’ She wrote as a reply.

 Her heart was beating as she thought about the costume she would like to wear for the event. Nothing crossed her mind at all. She knew Nayeon would probably dress as one of those heroes or wear something y and would never try something scary, because she might be frightened over her own reflection and Momo was talking nonstop about the recent cartoon she watched, but still she had no idea. At first, she thought that was pointless – just put a tone of make-up for three hours and try making way in a crowded place. But now as Tzuyu asked her already four times, begging to come, the excitement also settled in her.

 ‘Corpse Bride maybe.’

 Sana chuckled imagining Tzuyu with those sunken cheeks and sad expression.

 ‘Who would be your fiancé then?’
 ‘You can be the one.

 She almost choked on her own breath. This was definitely flirting.

 ***

 At home, Sana happily helped Mei with her outfit for the Halloween party. The old long dress was torn down and Mei was rolling on the ground in it while Sana recorded it laughing like crazy. Jin who didn’t really cared about the party now was excited too.

 “Would vampire be okay?” He asked.
 “It’s out of fashion now. You’ll be like an old dork.”
Mei butted in, examining her dirty dress.
 “Oh, I don’t care about that stuff.” He made a disguised face. “Hm, it must be cool to do blood under the eyes.”

 He made a cool face in front of the mirror where the girl looked over herself and they started to argue about something again. Sana wasn’t paying much attention, they were always like that. And still, up till now, they remain a good relationship and Sana didn’t really want to include herself in the childish act, leaving children to deal with it. They were old enough already.

 “Mom, will you go out also?” Mei asked once she kicked her brother off the couch.
 “Don’t know, darling. I might, but don’t know what to wear.”

 The siblings made eye contact. They already noticed that someone was paying their mother attention and the woman herself made it obvious while acting all shaken up and emotional over the text messages she received. They both were as happy as precautious. The two of them wanted only the best for the most important woman in their life and never wanted someone like the father they had never seen to even stand near Sana.

 “Do you want to dress up or wear something scary?”

 Sana made a face of being focused on the question. Tzuyu would have a funny, just a bit creepy costume, so she didn’t want to send scary vibes, but wearing a Barbie dress or Tinkerbelle’s wings wasn’t her cup of tea.

 “Maybe I copy some character?”
 “Which one?”

 It confused her. The last time she went to the cinema center was so long ago and the series she watched online were more romantic ones. There were just a few characters she enjoyed watching, but dressing up as Marvel superheroes would be too boring.

 Sensing the woman’s state, the siblings started to give ideas, mentally scribing away those that Sana didn’t like.

 “What about the Red Queen?” Mei said, playing with her hair with boredom.

 Sana smiled. Her children were discussing her costume instead of enjoying cartoons or preparing themselves, isn’t that the most precious thing? She thought carefully. She had a long red dress with black laces covering half-exposed back. It was old and she was worried about wearing it, embarrassed by her own body, but so far that was the best thing they managed to have.

 “Sounds good. I need to check the wardrobe then.”

 The children cheered, getting up and running to her room with wooden floor making annoying noises. She followed after.

 When she found the dress, it brought some memories. She went out on a date wearing it. Her previous boss asked her out – a pretty and very flirtatious woman with manners that screamed she was showing off, but Sana’s parents were pushing her for months to try. It didn’t last long and ended with the blonde being fired, so maybe giving the dress a second chance to replace what happened before wasn’t a bad idea.

 She put it on in the bathroom, checking her back as much as she could. Her bra was seen through and she was afraid the skin might look not pretty. Sana stepped into her bedroom. Mei took a judgmental look, making a circle around the woman and checking up. Jin nodded tapping his chin with brows up.

 “You look beautiful.” He stated.
 “Hm, that’s very fine. Good make-up, hair work and you can rock the stage.”

 Sana laughed. Her daughter indeed knew better than her what to do.

 “Thank you.”

 She went out, heading to the bathroom again before her hand was touched. Mei pulled her a little and asked to bend. She spoke quietly.

 “You know that you need to wear the other bra, right?”

 ***

 Conveniently, the Halloween fell on Friday and only then Sana jumped in her seat in the office. Her two children will go for a school party and as their mother, she needed to make sure they were safe and sound. She came home, ready to text Tzuyu and apologize for changing her mind, only to be met with Yoona, one of Mei friends.

 “Good day, Miss Sana.” Polite as always.
 “Hi, you two are preparing for the party, right?” Sana smiled at the adorable girl that was putting fake flowers into her curly hair.
 “Who are you?”
 “Everyone chose something scary and I will be Moana and beat them up with my beauty. Clever, isn’t it?”
 “Indeed.”

 The shuttering of feet went on the stairs and Mei ran down with her dirty dress, covered with drops of fake blood.

 “Hi, mom.” She went for a hug and then flopped on the couch.
 “Hi, darling. I’m so sorry, I forgot I need to take you two there and then home. I’ll just cancel everything and help you get ready.”
 “What? No!” The girl jumped up. “I told you Mrs. Chan will drive us there and back.”

 Yoona nodded in agreement after hearing about her mother. Chan Bomi was a nice woman and one of Sana’s favorite neighbors. She worked at home, making architecture projects and managing house as her husband was serving in the military. Knowing the woman well, Sana was much relaxed now.

 “You sure everything’s fine?”
 “Yes, we’ll behave and I’ll look after my brother.”

 Sana knew that the girl was more concerned about her mother evening rather than hers and she really wanted Sana to go.

 As Jin wanted to be a vampire and had less work to do, he was forced into helping girls as Mei used her authority again. She herself helped Yoona with costume and make-up. And then ushered Sana to get ready as well.

 When the woman went down, with full make-up and curled hair, which was a bit out of the concept but looked better this way, the children were ready as well. She even got surprised to see Bomi on her couch with a friendly smile.

 Jin indeed used fake blood under his eyes with the help of his sister, making the image quite scary. Mei looked terrifying too with the dirty and bloody dress, messy hair that covered her almost blue toned face. And, of course, Yoona looked like a little princess.

Sana thanked Bomi several times, while they were climbing her car, reassuring the woman to call her if something would be wrong. Nayeon was killing her phone for half an hour, asking if she was ready to be picked up.