Troubles in school and more.

My love is like a star.

 The twins happily skipped to school, passing the usual park where people were pleased to relax or do sports. The weather was so nice today that Mei felt her brother would play with friends the whole time after school, running home just before the mother’s arrival.

 Past few days Sana was always home early – Tzuyu or rather her worker would drive the blonde home. They didn’t know the short-haired woman closely, but Tzuyu assured them she was trustworthy. When the younger woman came through, the whole house was turning into a mess. Jin would ask her to play or discuss the new baseball season starting in a week, and Mei would try to know more about Sana’s girlfriend.

 As the school gates were passed the two separated, each going to their own direction without a word. They were siblings that lived together and sometimes they were desperate for some private time. Jin was a nice boy and lots of people admired him for his actions. He had a very big circle of friends that loved baseball. But of course, there were people who don’t like him. Yan – a rather big scary boy from another class was not a bully, but he had been going nuts about his field being taken. He played in a local sports club and talked about it every day, trying to look cool as the membership cost a lot. Even if the field was free, he still started an argument and this led to both group of boys to have fights and rivalry.

 “Hey, dude.”

 Jin felt a slap on the back and looked up. He just sat at his table, greeting a few classmates, when his friends already crowded the space around. He smiled at them, getting up to feel more comfortable while talking.

 “I’ve heard there were some expensive cars stopping by your house.”

 Even seeing a smug grin on boy’s face, Jin knew that he never meant it in a negative context. The talks were flying for two days now and up till this moment, no one wanted to make the siblings embarrassed. But it was natural that his friends were curious and wanted to get updates, especially when they knew most of the things going on in the Minatozaki family.

 “Mother got a girl.”

 He chuckled witnessing surprised expression, until one of his closest friends Seok-Ju locked his head firmly, ruffling the hair. The others joined to play around until Jin started to fight back.

 “That’s great. Who?”
 “She has her own business. Very nice person and what’s more important she played baseball before. Guess who her team member was?”
 “No way.”
 “Yes. She promised me to go to the match together.”

 Whines followed, creating the jangle in the classroom.

 ***

 Mei didn’t like school this year. The new supporter’s daughter transferred here and probably feeling too much of control was bullying and humiliating everyone she could. She found her group the first few days, walking through halls as the queen and pulling pranks on teachers. Over the time pupils tried to report her, but it all ended the same – lie that adults would talk with her, but nothing was happening.

  “She’s really pretty and kind.”

 The girl grinned sitting with Yoona and Cha, her other friend, in the school garden during the lunch break. Their class was really noisy and the cafeteria full, so the girls went to the only spot they knew that would be available to talk and eat in peace. Yoona was excited as well. Even if Mei never spoke about it before, the other girl knew how important it was for her friend to have another supportive shoulder to lean on.

 “My mother said that she’s very rich.”

 Cha said, expecting any reaction for her knowledge. But the others just remain unbothered already knowing this fact.

 “Mom said she got a company here and in Taiwan. They met at mom’s workplace as Tzuyu got a deal there.”

 Both girls liked the fact of how happy Mei was. She never really talked about other people in this manner. They didn’t talk about parents a lot – Yoona was upset her dad is far away, Cha was awkward talking about her two moms and Mei didn’t know what the full family is. But now as the topic was very interesting and it could change Mei’s life completely, they were all in.

 “Well - well.”

 The disgusting voice came round the corner, immediately being recognized. Cha frown by the sight of four girls in school uniform. They all were too well-known here, the girls that always bullied everyone. Yoona lowered her head, trying to hide.

 “What? Your father still doesn’t want to come back?” The one sniggered, evilly.
 “Shut up.” Mei stood up, clenching fists.
 “Oh, I’ve just heard your mother finally found someone who will support her needs. Why? Have no money anymore? I’m curious what she did to get that someone to stay with you.”

 They all knew how disgusting these girls were and how they liked to provoke others. Mei was dealing with them for too many times already, but this time it got her really mad. The topic of it was her mother, precious person that supported her and did everything possible for her happiness.

 “She loves mom.” Mei was defending, being ready to give a punch any second.
 “Oh, my bad. I’ll say it different. What kind of service did she offered?”

 This was the last drop. Her fist went into air and then the unbearable pain strike her knuckles.

 ***

 Mei never felt this angry before. She got banned from attending school for a week and even if Sana believed her, the school principal had to drag different facts and lies of how serious the other girl was hurt. The bruises on Mei’s arm and legs were never considered.

 Jin tried to cheer her up by skipping extra sweets in the room or buying her favourite drinks on the way home. He thought he would do the same if someone started to shade their family. But the influence these girls were having in school was not a joke.

 The school wasn’t that big and wasn’t the most provided. Located in the area with cheap, old houses where usually lived workers of factories. It had no indoor stadium, so pupils have to bear cold weather or lessons would just be cancelled. The school didn’t even had a P.E. teacher anyway – a middle-aged man that worked as an electrician would come and watch them run or play sport games. So when the person invested money in school, it was understandable that everyone would try to please him.

 Yoona and Cha were updating Mei on the news, stating that offended bullies were making rumours circulate around the school and even if lots of students were sceptical and didn’t trust it, the other part was much happy to find a new theme for stupid conversations.

 At first, Mei didn’t pay much attention, but as she entered school a week after and was catching glances, it was irritating. Some people were making fun of her, dragging her mother in the matter and saying terrible things. Her fragile character was cracking under the pressure she couldn’t handle. And she was too embarrassed to confess to her mother about her feelings. And carrying the status of the older sister, she thought she couldn’t drag Jin in this matter. She hated it. She hated all pupils in school and she hated Tzuyu for appearing in their life and ruining everything.

 ***

  “I’ll make her leave. Are you with me or not?” She stared at the boy.

 He only sighed. The matter was difficult, but Mei was wrong here and he knew there has to be the other way out of this. Tzuyu did absolutely nothing – Jin only saw adoration for Sana in the woman, love for them both and nothing else. He liked to see his mother in Tzuyu’s arms, not feeling a tiny bit jealous, but protected by someone else as well. He wasn’t afraid to talk with Tzuyu, share stories and secrets with her, listen to her own and play games.

 “I can’t, sis. I don’t see a problem.”
 “She is a problem. Because of her, they talk about mom this way.”
 “Do you care? Remember all the talks about Cha parents? She did nothing.”

The siblings sat in the living room after school. Jin saw this strange aura of insecurity and complexity coming from his sister. She was not acting the usual. It wasn’t making him freaked out or something, just worried that something serious happened. He knew how other people were affecting her – she found it hard to make friends because of her stubborn and straightforward character and spending the whole year alone, being furious on the whole world, made her overprotective about people that surrounded her. Sometimes Jin thought she would let person drown only for close one’s benefits. 

 “Because her mom came to school, throwing a tantrum. And I can’t tell mommy about everything that’s happening.”
 “Mei, you only ten. Stop acting like an adult and let real adult help and deal with this stuff.”
 “No. If you not with me, just keep your mouth shut at least.”

 Sana never questioned her daughter behavior. She sensed something was off at school, but even trying to interrogate the girl, she couldn’t get an answer. Pushing over wasn’t a great solution as well. She was worried for her child, but as no one couldn’t tell her a thing, Sana hesitated to do anything. She thought that maybe Mei just felt embarrassed and angry on herself for losing control and making big news in school. But it was still strange.