Nightmares won't last forever.

My love is like a star.

 Mei watched her father in horror. He paced back and forth in the small space, holding the phone in a strong grip. His face filled with different emotions, but each of it made her scared. The small rotting dark house they were in wasn’t really reassuring and she didn’t know her exact location nor what they did here. She was afraid to voice out and just sat on the old chair by the wall.

 This morning he called her, crying to help him got Sana’s trust. She knew she shouldn’t go, but the thoughts of having a full family with father – a person that would be able to protect her in any possible way – it just lured her in. She met the man at the farthest bus stop and she wasn’t even aware of the old dark car that he asked her to enter. She thought they were going to Sana’s office until everything became dark after the drink he offered.

 The slight sound of feet came from outside, but it was much heavier than her mother’s. She remained unmoved on her spot and tried to press into the wall in protection. Woojin threw her a scary glance before skipping to the door and opening it with force, door handle hitting the wall.

 “Hey, buddy.”

 A tall man round in shape leaned on the door frame. The bristle on his face, slick dirty hair and unpleasant clothes. Mei felt herself trembling. This seemed like a very bad situation.

 “Where’s our little girl?”

 The man pushed her father to the side, allowing himself to step in. His eyes run throw the space and found her quickly. The smirked spread all over his face, but it wasn’t the one she saw her mother giving to Tzuyu, much miserable and terrifying. She closed her eyes, hoping it to be a dream, very bad, but the one she’ll be able to wake up from.

 She felt a rough touch on her chin, her cheeks were squeezed and face turned to the side. It pained a lot, but Mei didn’t want to cry and show her weak side. She looked at Woojin pleading for help, but he just looked away in so much disguised. This time she felt tears filling her eyes. She trusted her father, all the words he said and all the acts he performed asking for forgiveness and earning her loyalty, but he just let their family down again.

 “Oh, look. She’s crying. Finally, something you did will be helpful, jerk.” The man said but released his grip and went to the door.
 “Is she coming?” The other person outside asked.
 “Yeah. She must be.”

 The hard temper of Woojin voice made tears falling even stronger. She was shaking while trying to calm down. The nightmare she was seeing was true and she couldn’t just pinch the side and jump awake in bed. She missed her mom, her brother, her friends, everyone. She wanted someone to come and save her.

 “Don’t worry, my treasure. We get money and you go with Tzuyu then.”

 They stepped out and slammed the door close. He never wanted her, he never cared for her, he never loved her. Her father was a useless piece of that used her for money. She never was disguised this much. She cried as no one could see. She felt betrayed, the image of carrying man that came to her, hugged her was breaking in front of her eyes and it hurt more than ever.

 Her arms were shaking. She was so sorry to her mother – for words, she said, for things she did, for the hate she felt out of nowhere because a person she called father tricked her. Now she wanted to snuggle into those arms, fell the warm, the gentle on her head and soothing voice to her ear. And she was sorry to Jin. He was the youngest and she was supposed to protect him. Her pride as older responsible unnie was ruined and she didn’t know what else she was. Betraying everything for a person that wanted nothing but money.

 “Tzuyu?!” She mumbled, lifting head up.

 They said Tzuyu will come and get her. Was it true? She made so many bad things for Tzuyu already and even now made her came here in the middle of nowhere to pay her money for someone so useless. She didn’t deserve those people around her, people that actually supported her.

 “Hand it over here, .”

 She heard screams and voices. Something was happening, but from the curtains that covered the windows, nothing was clear. She got up from a floor, leaning on the wall and listening carefully.

 “I want to see Mei first.”

 The voice was painfully familiar. The tears filled her eyes again. But before she was able to snatch it away, the door opened and the unknown man grasped her forearm, painfully squeezing while dragging her out.

 They were in the middle of the woods or something. Trees were everywhere. The space in front of the house was wide and three men stood there. She saw her father giving her unemotional hateful stare and the hideous guy chewing cigarette between his lips. The other person was unknown too. On the other side, she noticed Tzuyu, completely alone with a bag. She watched the serious face soften for a moment their eyes met. Her heart painfully clenched inside the chest.

 “Now, money.”
 “How can I trust you?” Tzuyu’s voice was so powerful, filling the emptiness and making Mei shutter.
 “Oh boy! We don’t need a . Just give me money and bye-bye.”

 Mei couldn’t take her eyes of Tzuyu. She made a step forward and threw a bag to the middle. She stared right at that guy, having eyes battle before he hissed and she was released from hold. Tzuyu’s hand stretched for her to hold and the girl ran for her life, bumping into the woman and crying her eyes out of pain. The gentle on her head soothed her as she felt like being picked up from the ground.

 “It was a pleasure dealing with you, miss Chou.” The nasty voice spoke.

 Mei wasn’t aware of the surroundings as her body was lifted and she felt the slightest shifting. She wanted to be away as soon as possible. She gripped at Tzuyu’s coat for her dear life, not able to calm down.

 “That’s okay, darling. They won’t touch you anymore. You’ll be fine.” Tzuyu whispered to her and she never felt so much love from someone rather than her mother before.

 Tzuyu loved her – when she hated the woman, roared on her to stay away, even slapping her hands from herself. Tzuyu still loved and cared for her, not because she loved Sana, but because Mei was as important. She was a daughter of the woman Tzuyu loved, the other part of Sana. Tzuyu didn’t care what jerk of father she or Jin has, she just loved them for who they were.

 “Don’t leave me.” She said, clinging harder.
 “I never would.”

When she was placed in the front seat of the car, she was able to look Tzuyu in the eyes. They were filled with relief, joy and love. She squatted by the door, wiping away the tears. The smile touched her lips when Mei hiccupped.

 “Wait for me here. I’ll be back.”
 “What? Where are you going?” She clenched to the warm arm.
 “I just make sure they won’t bother your family or anyone else.”

***

 She knew the car was locked, but she still crawled on the backseat, seeking protection in tinted windows. Police cars skipped on the road. The nice smell of Tzuyu’s car refreshed her mind and soul. She wasn’t trembling anymore but now was afraid of Tzuyu. Once again she was impressed. She could just leave and forget about those people, but they both knew it pretty well. Once the money will be gone, these people will knock on their doors again. Tzuyu cared too much for their family, more than needed. Mei loved it. She always wanted someone who can shield her from the worries and troubles, hold her hand when needed. Sana was the only person to give her reassurance that she’ll be by her daughter side forever, but that wasn’t enough. There was something, she wasn’t able to tell her mother. And now she was seeing this support in Tzuyu. She wanted Tzuyu to stay by her side as well.

 The sounds, screams were muffled, but she still heard it and was afraid that something went wrong. She was scared and wanted to be home. The passenger door opened and she squeezed into the leather seat.

 “Mei, are you fine?”

 Jeongyeon was panting and scared. Her eyes run over the girl’s face, reassuring herself that no harm was made. She went to the back door and took girl’s hand in hers.

 “Come on, I’ll bring you home. Your family is worried.” She smiled.
 “I-I want to go with Tzuyu.” Mei’s voice trembled.
 “She can’t go now.”
 “Then I’ll wait.”

 The woman smiled once again and closed the door, running somewhere. This time Mei looked out. Police officers going around with dogs and weapons. The criminals sat in cars all locked and angry. She was glad to know they were caught and she won’t see them again. But she was more worried about Tzuyu.

 A few minutes later, when the cars with those gross people went away, she noticed Tzuyu. She looked a bit pale and grasped the side of her body, leaning to Jeongyeon. It hit her – Tzuyu was hurt because of her. She wanted to jump out of the car, but the door opened and she saw the same soft smile of relief.

 “Hey, everything’s fine?”
 “You hurt.” She fussed, not knowing what to do in these situations.
 “I’m fine. Come on. I’ll take you home.”

 She struggled to sit next to the girl and when she did, her face reflected the pain. Mei was sorry. She leaned to the woman, caressing her hand for apologies. The car slowly moved and finally, they were leaving it, the place Mei would never want to see again. Before her mind could be flooded with scenes of this horrible day, the warm hand patted her head, caressing hair and planting a feeling of protection and love in her. She was exhausted and the day was coming to its end. The sun was going down, painting skies in pink. The most beautiful scene she had ever seen. And she was happy to share it with Tzuyu.

 ***

 When they neared the house, she already saw her mother and brother standing by the roadside ready for her. The car stopped and she jumped out. Sana cried while hugging her and Jin was squishing too hard, but it was everything she craved for – a family that loves her. Her father was and still is a terrible person with a charming face and nice words, and he never deserved someone to be with him. Maybe it would sound too much, but Mei hopped he would stay in jail for years, never getting out and never showing his presence again.

 Sana was scared. She held her children tightly not thinking of losing her grip for a second. They all were fine. They all were with her and she could protect them once more. That’s all that mattered.

 When she came home in the evening and Jin told her that Mei was still out, Sana called every single of her daughter friends, but they had no idea where the girl was. It was an hour after when she received the text message from Mei’s phone. Woojin asked for money, a great amount of money. Sana was scared and lost and she had no one to call for help, except Tzuyu.

 The blonde shift her eyes up. Tzuyu stood by the car accompanied by Jeongyeon. Sana felt relief after knowing that the brunette was fine too. Their eyes met and Tzuyu smiled at her, blinking eyes in the form of a nod. Jeongyeon slightly patted her shoulder whispering something and backing away again. Tzuyu looked sad.

 “I’ll make sure they won’t drag your family in the court. I’m sorry.”

 Tzuyu watched them from the side, desiring to join, but acknowledging her place. Her side hurt from the knife stab that she received from the bastard when she ran back to distract them before the police came. The medics told her that no serious damage was made, just a cut. They asked her to head to the hospital, but Mei was way more important for her. Now she felt blood wetting the bandage and she didn’t want Sana to discover her state. She felt weak and could faint any second. But Sana had already a lot of worries for today.

 “I’ll be going.”

 Jin slowly came to her hugging and nuzzling into the clothes. Sana wanted to do the same, not carrying what happened between them just yesterday, but she stopped after hearing a snore. Mei fell asleep right into her arms, probably tired of this all.

 “Goodbye.”