Preparation.

My love is like a star.

 Staying at Tzuyu’s was a big mistake. It was almost lunch time and Sana felt so sleepy that she thought of collapsing on one of the couches. Well, maybe it would be better if she wasn’t so bold and if she wasn’t in Tzuyu’s bed with protective arms around her body. She couldn’t sleep at all and just observed the room in the darkness or listened to snores that were coming from Tzuyu.

 Now as each one of girls to death and finally started to work normally, she felt a lot more sleepy than before. The perfume scent coming from her blouse that she sprayed while getting ready was even harder to resist as it calmed her down. Tzuyu informed her beforehand that she won’t be able to call or text her today as she’ll have a lot of work, but she promised to make a goodnight call anyway.

 Finally surviving the day, she got surprised to see an unknown number calling her. She stared at the screen for a moment trying to remember the similar number but soon picked up.

 “Hello?”
 “Miss Sana, it’s Jeongyeon. Please get to the underground parking lot.”

 The call ended and Sana hesitated for a moment. Tzuyu said she’s busy and if she was here, she’d probably call herself, but Jeongyeon was Tzuyu’s friend and person who accompanied her all the time. She bid goodbyes to the girls, collecting her things and going down to meet the woman.

 To her surprise, the short-haired one stood leaning on the car in comfortable clothes and in sunglasses. She smiled at the approaching person and opened the passenger’s door.

 “Tzuyu asked me to take you home.”
 “Oh, you shouldn’t have to. It must be bothersome to go back and forth.”
 “No, it’s okay. I was near here anyway.”

 She sat in the car, the radio played hit songs, the nice scent of something minty flew around and the back of the car was filled with shop bags. The driver soon flopped on her seat and started the engine, moving out of here.

 “Were you shopping?” Sana asked, trying to make small talk.
 “Yeah, got a day off and decided to walk around. Tzuyu’s schedules are hectic, so it’s hard to have some rest.”
 “Are you always with her?”
 “We had been together since university. We were friends, who had no options but to join her on her way to success.”

 Jeongyeon laughed, but happily, like remembering the good old memories that were precious. The wide smile spread on her face and she looked way more confident than Sana ever seen her.

 “No options?”
 “When the plans of new branch started to form, she needed people whom she can trust. I’ll be honest, some of us had problems finding a job at that time too. So it just happened naturally.”
 “Are you happy to work for her?”
 “As I said, sometimes it’s hard. Chaeyoung is a director of the Korean branch, so she works a bit more than me or Dahyun, but it still can’t be compared with Tzuyu.”

 Sana thought about it. She already seen Tzuyu very tired several times and sometimes when they spoke before bed, her voice was so low and raspy, that Sana thought she was sick. It sure was hard to be a CEO. Knowing Mrs. Velon, Sana would never say she was tired or was in the office all day. She wouldn’t appear for weeks, visiting fashion week somewhere or having business trips all over the world, but she still worked there – photo-shoots, interviews, meetings. Tzuyu should have the same lifestyle as well.

 “How’s she now?”
 “We just finished the huge deal in the main office, so lots of people got a day off, and she went to prepare documents. Her activity for the Velon will kick in next week, she’s cleaning schedule a little.”

 Jeongyeon glanced at her at the traffic light with a curious smile.

 “Did you enjoy time at the park?”
 “Yes, that was amazing.”
 “How about your children?” The short-haired giggled when Sana turned to her. “Tzuyu was thinking for a long time where to send you three, while she’s out of the country.”
 “So it was not for the three of us?” Sana asked surprised.
 “You really think Tzuyu would take me on her date?”

 Sana opened to say something, but she couldn’t sort her minds out.

 “But I said you nothing.”

 ***

 Sana liked their evening conversations the most. She was half asleep when Tzuyu called, but still picked up and smiled.

 “Hello.”
 “Hi, did you get home without troubles?”

 It was obvious that Tzuyu sound tired, she might try and hide it, but her voice was exhausted.

 “Yes, thank you.”

 She quickly thought of something that could make Tzuyu happy and came up with the only idea.

 “Tzuyu, I love you.”
 “I love you too, gorgeous.” She could hear the younger smiling. “How was your day?”
 “Normal. Lots of work and other stuff. What about you?”
 “Same, but I missed you the whole time.”

 Sana enjoyed this time – kids were tucked to bed, she lay in a warm bed and Tzuyu’s voice calmed her down. She wished the woman was here as well, holding her like the night before, but this time lullabying Sana to sleep, rather than disturbing with the hot breath at the back of the neck.

 “Would you come for dinner at weekends?” Sana asked.
 “Will you wait for me?” The slight teasing note gave away that Tzuyu was smiling.
 “I’ve waited for you all of my life, so I not planning of letting you go.”

 ***

 Tzuyu agreed to come on Saturday as Sana informed her children they were very excited about the news. Jin was preparing since Thursday evening – he took all of his baseball cards collection and placed it on a neatly organized table to show off at any convenient moment. His wardrobe was all sorted out once in a while and some of the toys gone.

 Jin wanted someone as such as his sister. He would sometimes wish to have big strong father shielding his back, playing boys’ games with him, taking him to the matches and so on, but he was completely fine with another so-called mother, though he would never be able to make himself call her that way. Mei made a visible barrier between them a long time ago – stating that she was older and had to always be way better and stronger than him, so all of his early childhood, he relied on Sana for any kind of support. He was teased as mom’s boy, but that never touched him that much. Maybe this was the reason why he was so positive on everything Sana does and he wasn’t afraid to state true facts into Sana’s face.

 When he saw changes in their mother, it was scary and amusing at the same time. He felt terrified that someone might steal his mom away, his family, the place he was always fighting for. But watching Sana being happy like never before, watching her shy smile while she was talking and quiet ‘I love you’ when she thought no one could hear – Jin felt calm and he wanted to meet the mystery Tzuyu even more, to prove himself that she was a nice woman with no harm. And he was ready to make an effort and make Sana happy even more.

 Similar to her twin brother Mei spent all the Friday deciding what to wear to impress the guest. Her always clean room was shining like in some cleanser commercials. Her favorite dresses spread on the bed and she passed by each of them. She tried to ask brother for help, but he acted like his eyes were burned the same second he stepped into the room, and soon was kicked out. Sana was busy downstairs, cleaning the living room and kitchen. Their house wasn’t new, it was the little affordable property Sana was managed to rent and make a little bit cozy with her money and her parents help. Sometimes it wasn’t enough for Mei’s selfish character, the rooms were squeezing her here and she felt so uncomfortable that she ran downstairs or at friends’ houses. She would never say it to anyone, but she was envious of others. Other girls in her class talked about huge beds in enormous rooms and even if she had her personal corner, she still wanted to be as everyone else – babble about presents she got, places she went to, fancy outfit and other stuff. It was in her age when she wanted anything, wanted to outstand others in something, but couldn’t.

 That’s why she always wanted another mom or dad. All of her friends had two parents. Yoona’s dad even if was home barely, still sent her gifts, letters and when he was home, the girl was the happiest of all – sweets, new toys, outfits and going outs with the whole family. And even if Cha had two moms, each of them made sure their daughter had everything they could give. Sometimes Mei felt like she had nothing, especially when others were bullying her. She was thankful to her friends though, for still being with her.