Can I trust him?

My love is like a star.

 Sana never thought that morning in the middle of the working week could be so pleasant. She woke up early than she expected and her heart fluttered by the sight of Tzuyu’s peaceful face. The woman was tucked in the blanket, hand possessively placed on Sana’s waist. Her dark hair was messy and Sana grinned by the notice of two well-seen red marks on the thin neck. The blonde left a few kisses on the CEO’s lips, making latter groan and try to hide, but Sana wasn’t going to give up. She pressed their lips again, letting Tzuyu pull her under the blanket.

 “Wake up.” She whispered, nibbling on the skin over the ear and brushing hands over the flat stomach.

 Tzuyu opened her eyes, studying the situation she was in, before pursing lips asking for more kisses, which Sana was more than happy to give.

 “I’d like to marry you and wake up like this every day.”

 Sana felt the heat all over her face by the words. She crawled on top of the other, still leaving kisses over the jaw line and neck and hiding from Tzuyu her flustered face.

 ***

 They had a very light breakfast all together, before getting ready to go. Tzuyu offered to drop children to school, afraid for that man could still wander around. Sana collected her stuff and closed the door, watching Jin and Mei entering the car. Tzuyu had her collar up, covering her neck, while she waited for the blonde one. The weather was chilly and Sana hurried to jump into the warm vehicle and head to school.

 The school was just a few blocks away – rather old and small without any fence and Tzuyu bet there was no security. She pulled over, turning to the back.

 “What time are you leaving?”
 “2 p.m. for me.” Jin said.
 “1 p.m.”
 “How about I pick you up and we can go fetch your mom and maybe head somewhere?” Tzuyu smiled but then look at Sana. “If your mother is not against it.”

 Sana wasn’t. She knew that Tzuyu just wanted to clear their heads from everything that happened last evening and she thought they all needed it, especially after Mei started to act very cold towards the brunette. She nodded receiving cheer from her son and a slight nod from Mei. The twins went out of the car soon and the two women waited for them to enter school before driving away.

 ***

 Jin couldn’t stop thinking about the man that came yesterday. He saw his father and the sight wasn’t really pleasant – red angry eyes and dangerous smile, the boy though Woojin was crazy for a second. He felt that the person didn’t come here just to talk and was relieved to see Tzuyu by his mother’s side all the time during the interaction.

 They came to school early but still were noticed by someone and the talks of siblings leaving an expensive car run through the whole school. Jin was a school’s sweetheart and of course, other students were interested about his life. But he knew it was personal, not the part of his life that he wanted to share, so he just tried the best to leave the questions aside.

 Mei had a different attitude to deal with things. She was impulsive and hated being pressed against the wall. She simply shrugged others with ‘not your business’ and was getting comments for being rude. Her way of talking back only attracted more attention of the bullies. Cha and Yoona tried to say her that, but she was too stubborn to listen.

 All of that left her angry and she skipped the last lesson, running away from the school. She went to her house instead of strolling through the streets and decided to wait for two hours there. Not in the mood to go inside she flopped by the door on the porch and just sat there, hugging her knees.

 “Hey, what’s up?” The deep husky voice asked.

 She looked up. The man squatted in front of her. He wore a nice black suit and had his hair tight in a small bun. Mei didn’t like his smile, it looked fake, but the rest of his appearance seemed to be trustworthy.

 “It does not concern you.” She answered and turned to the side slightly.
 “Hey, you Sana’s daughter, right?”
 “Yes. So, what’s now?” She was getting annoyed.
 “I’m your father, so it did concern me.”

 She looked at him, not liking the smile, but studying the face of the person that tried to barge into the house yesterday. He looked much nicer and spoke gentler than before. But something didn’t click together.

 “I’m sorry for my behavior yesterday. I thought to have a drink for bravery, apparently, I was too brave.”

 She still felt a bit scared, but this person seemed to be calm and even nice, not like the one from yesterday.

 “Why you came here?” She asked.
 “I wanted to see you.”
 “Why? After 10 years.”
 “Sana forbade me to ever come closer and I thought that it would be better when you’ll understand the situation from different points of view.”

 Mei frowned. His words were clear and confident that it made it sound to be a truth, but still, the weird feeling of something missing couldn’t leave the girl’s head.

 “What do you mean?”
 “I just want the four of us to be close and have a normal family.”
 “But granny said you left once you found out about us.”
 “Sana was just too angry for having kids this early and her parents forced me to leave.”

 The girl shook her head. It couldn’t be that her mother lied to her all the time. She loved them more than anything and her granny even if was a strict woman, would never do something like that. She felt her head being flooded.

 “I’m really sorry. I’ll be a good father from now on.”

 The word father sounded foreign for her. She never had one and didn’t know how different it could be with him, but his way of speaking sure played the game. It sounded really apologetic and sincere. Mei just wanted to trust him and see what will change. At one point she thought that maybe he could go to school and punch all of those annoying people, scream and made them never say a word about her.

 “You can try.”

 Again he smiled very questionable and sat near her.

 “Who was that girl near Sana yesterday?”
 “It’s Tzuyu.”
 “Do you like her?”
 “She’s nice, I guess. But because of her, there are offensive talks in my school about mom.”
 “Why?”
 “Because Tzuyu is rich and they say that mom uses her to get money.”
 “Is she really rich?”
 “Mom said she has a company and brach here.”
 “Branch?”
 “Yes.”

 He asked more questions and a lot about Tzuyu. It left Mei confused on why he was so interested in the woman. She learned his name at one point, even if hearing it before. Woojin asked to exchange numbers, so he could come and apologize properly some other day and soon Mei had to go.

 She left being completely puzzled.  She didn't know how do father-daughter relationships work but this interaction sure was very short and they never touched any topics about their family. This man seemed to be odd. Just a few minutes ago he spoke about family reunion and how he cared about his children but then each of his questions was related to Tzuyu.

 As it was planned Tzuyu picked them up at 2 and stopped by the house so they could drop the bags inside and get changed before going to the ‘city’. The journey to Sana’s office was amusing. The radio was on and the three of them sang along to the songs, even Mei joined in, after watching two fools ripping the throat on the high notes. When they were near the office they still have two hours and Tzuyu suggested stopping by the moll and have a snack.

 The moll was a big one, but Tzuyu was relieved that people still were working. She made sure to stop at some shops where the siblings saw interesting things. Jin was more active than his sister and enthusiastically pulled the woman around, showing her stuff. However, Mei behaved very rude and kept telling her to stay away and not touch her. Tzuyu didn’t understand the treatment she was getting but thought that she must have just a bad day.

 Soon they stopped by the food court area. They were intended to just have a snack because Tzuyu wanted to have dinner after the small walk in the park. The siblings noticed an ice-cream in waffles and went there, so Tzuyu just followed the two and brought everything they wanted.

 As many times before, the red car parked in the underground parking lot. Tzuyu groaned hearing her phone ringing. She excused herself and went out of the car. Jin watched her pacing around, talking about a serious topic that none of the two would understand. He glanced at his sister.

 “What are you doing?” He hissed, not liking her behavior today.
 “Tell me, would you consider something that stranger said as truth?” She stared out in the window.
 “What are you talking about? Why would you even talk to strangers?”
 “Would you?”
 “No!” He frowned at her puzzled eyes.

 She acted really weird today. Something troubled the girl and she seemed to not be able to handle with it. Jin knew that she won’t tell him anything, she was used to keeping it to herself, thinking that this is how adults dealt with problems.

 “Do you want to know more about our father?” She asked quietly.
 “He’s a terrible person, I saw it with my own eyes. I want him to be away from us.”
 “But imagine our family with him. Maybe he could help mom with money and we could…”
 “Mei, mom has Tzuyu to take care of her. We don’t need that man.”

 They both locked eyes – both angry at each other. Outside of the car, Tzuyu was loudly saying something in a foreign language, the car nicely smelt and the front seat reserved for Sana was patiently waiting for a woman.

 “What if she would run away the first second the problems come?” Mei raised her voice.
 “She would never. You only judge people. You always saying about acting like grown up, but couldn’t do it yourself. You’re not an adult. You’re a child. Be one for just a moment, without cold stares, hurt eyes and judgmental looks. She loves our mother for God’s sake and you just need to maybe open your eyes wider to see it.”

 ***

 Tzuyu bid goodbyes to the twins, following them by the eyes. The evening went better than she expected. She was able to cuddle Sana the whole time, hold her hand and have a bit of time with her. She hoped Sana felt as relaxed as she only could in this situation. Jin enjoyed the park Tzuyu drove them to – nice and peaceful one with a lot of attractions and arcades around. They even had dinner in the small café just across the Han River.

 “Thank you.”

 Sana let her slightly cold fingers into Tzuyu’s coat, hugging the woman and making chills run down her spine. The blonde rested her head on Tzuyu’s chest, enjoying the rapid beat of the heart that calmed her. The cool air around them and the peaceful night was everything Sana wanted – her children safely at home and her lover in her arms.

 “I’d really like to stay with you for the rest of my life.”

 The blonde one almost teared up. She pulled Tzuyu closer, feeling gentle hands caressing her head, fingers brushing through the hair, tender kiss that was felt on her forehead. Sana was completed – the feeling she thought she would never experience. Tzuyu loved her. She didn’t know how, but she felt it with her heart. The two of them just were destined to meet and fall in love, Sana was sure in it.