The dinner.

My love is like a star.

 Sana was up at seven already. She was planning the day in her head the whole night, even having a dream about it. She took bath, taking more time than usual and started to make her hair done early. Never had she made so much effort since high school. The make-up she left for later, not liking the idea of wearing it for so long, constantly feeling the urge to check and fix it. She looked around her bedroom carefully, ticking a point in her imaginary list and skipping downstairs.

 The house never had so many people at the proper dinner and Sana somehow wanted to show off her cooking skills. She tried a search for any Chinese recipes, but it all contained too many ingredients or were just hard to make. So Sana just stopped on simple Korean recipes instead. It was almost 12 when she was stuck in the kitchen. She heard someone got up and went to shower and assume it to be Jin as Mei would take long and the boy wanted to be first. It turned out to be true when he lazily went down and joined Sana at the kitchen, trying to steal food. In the end, the boy was just forced in helping, not that he minded anyway.

 At 2 p.m. they were all ready. Mei helped to serve the table, while Sana and Jin were dressing up. It was an hour before Tzuyu’s visit and the blonde’s heart wanted to burst already. She was afraid if she ruined the food, if the house was dirty or if Tzuyu won’t like kids and a lot of other things.

 Soon, when she went down and organized table, looked around the house one more time, the bell ringed. She jumped slightly, being surprised and heard kids panicking in the living room. From the window she could see Tzuyu’s personal car proudly parked near, outshining other grey ones. Sana went to open the door, stopping half-way in front of the mirror to look at herself.

 Tzuyu nervously shifted at her spot waiting for someone to let her in. She never reached this kind of relationships where the partner would introduce her to family members, not even kids. She was scared. She didn’t know anything about them and didn’t want to appear some sort of sugar mommy to them. She brought Sana flowers – big bouquet with pink roses wrapped up in the white pack paper with hearts, and she took deserts for dinner.

 When the door opened, Sana blew her mind away in her dark pink short dress with lace over the chest area and opened shoulders. It perfectly fitted to the flowers that drifted to her arms as Tzuyu was still unable to utter a sound. She traced milky legs with her eyes - soft skin, squishy cheeks and landed on gentle eyes.

 “You’re so beautiful.” She whispered as Sana leaned for a kiss.

 She was pulled in, Sana freed her arms and went away, giving Tzuyu time to get ready. When the younger went into the living room, her heart raced at the sight of two small figures. The girl wore pretty dress in yellow colors, her hair perfectly done and eyes scanning Tzuyu up and down. The boy was slightly smaller and had a simple, yet stylish outfit. His head was tilted to the right as eyes narrowed.

 “Hi, my name is Tzuyu.”

 She must have looked awkward but still needed to say something. The boy smiled friendly at her, moving closer and stretching hand forward for a handshake. His smile much like Sana’s reassured Tzuyu that it was fine and he was as nervous as she.

 “Nice to meet you. I’m Jin.”

 Tzuyu liked him. He was well-mannered and had a very unique sound of the voice. His grip was firm almost saying ‘do anything wrong and I’ll beat you up’. They exchanged the smiles again before Jin was pushed away and a girl made a judging face, staring at Tzuyu’s face.

 “I’m Mei. You’re very pretty.”

 Tzuyu chuckled. The girl looked so fragile to her and the odd need to just protect her started to creep in the woman’s heart. The girl was very beautiful as well – big cat eyes, milky skin, small proportional face. Just seeing her Tzuyu could already predict her future as model or actress.

 “I’ll tell you a secret, in my native language ‘mei’ means beautiful. And it describes you well.”

 She saw a small blush touching the girl’s cheeks as her intense glare softened and soon eyes fell on the floor. This reaction was amusement not only for the brunette but for others two as well.

 “Stop flirting with my daughter.”

 The light slap on Tzuyu’s back was enough to make her turn a little. Sana stood in front of her again in the gorgeous dress and happiness written all over her face. Her hand remained on the Tzuyu’s back warming the spot there and sending chills all over the body.

 “Let’s move to the table.”

 Tzuyu wasn’t surprised to see so many foods at all. Sana was babbling about her plans of preparing dinner for a while now. It smelt extremely tasty, making the mouth water, so Tzuyu was more than eager to have a bite. Even if the table was a bit old and small, they all were able to fit there. Sana watched with interest over Tzuyu’s face, afraid to miss the reaction on her cooking.

 “It tastes fantastic.”

 Her heart swelled with pride, but she still was affected by Tzuyu’s presence here – her children were silently observing them and so far it seems like they had a nice interaction.

 “Are you serious about our mom?”

 Sana shot a glance at her daughter that looked interested. She heard Tzuyu gulping the food and preparing for an answer, while Sana’s heart was dying to know as well.

 “I am. I love Sana and I’m very serious about it.”

 The warm sensation was spreading over her cheeks as Tzuyu’s words hit her heart with a love shot. She could hear the confident vibes in the voice and even though they said it to each other a few times already, Sana still felt awkward in front of her kids that never really saw her love interest before.

 They were eating, room filling with a nice comfortable conversation. Sana was sure the twins were interested in the younger woman – the way their eyes were wide opened as she was talking about her hometown. They had a lot of questions too, forgetting the plates to just hear something more.

 For them, it was impressing. They never left Korea and just visit a few shows and attractions, usually with grandparents as Sana was desperate to find a job and place to stay. And here was Tzuyu – pretty, nice woman with a lot of experience and stories who travelled all over the world and saw interesting places.

 They slowly drifted to deserts and Tzuyu already started to feel a lot more at ease, knowing that the two somehow accepted her.

 “She’s a fashionista.” Sana giggled, pointing at her daughter at the question.
 “Mom!” The girl whined.
 “Why? Isn’t it true? You always chose outfits for hours.”

 Tzuyu smiled, seeing a little girl defending herself. Somehow she felt this place was very warm and welcoming like she entered her own family house back in Taiwan again.

 “And you Jin? What do you like?”

 It surprised them, when he stood up and without a response, speed up the stair. Tzuyu panicked a little, glancing at Sana for an explanation, but the latter just laughed.

 “He was waiting the whole day for it.” Mei commented.

 A few seconds later he went down with a photo album in hands. He flopped near the brunette and looked all tensed and worried.

 “I-I very like baseball. And I… I was collecting cards for three years now. Wanna see it?”

 His pretty, deep, excited eyes stared at Tzuyu and she was unable to say ‘no’, though she never meant it at all. She wanted to be involved here as much as possible, get to know Sana’s children better, because so far she liked them a lot.

 “Wow, yes. Come on.”

 As the first page was opened, Tzuyu even felt her heart racing for a bit. It was like entering the whole different world or opening the book with the strongest magic spell written in it. The pages were clean almost sterile like it was kept in a vacuum atmosphere. This was interesting. Tzuyu herself felt a crush on one Korean boy group a few years ago, collecting their posters and CDs.

 “This is Park MinHyuk….”

 Sana was fascinated to see Tzuyu actually understanding her son. She tried to get in this but just couldn’t remember all the names and positions and other stuff. She silently observed with Mei on how Jin was blabbering about his favorite game and sports stars.

 “Do you really understand?” The boy decided to check.
 “Yes.” Tzuyu smiled, looking into his hopeful eyes. “I played baseball in university.”
 “Wow.”

 And then it started farther, but this time Tzuyu was talking also.

 “And this is my favorite.”

 The last page had no card, but a picture cut out of a magazine. The broad-shouldered man in uniform and with a bat was smiling. Tzuyu narrowed her eyes, seeing the familiar features.

 “Go Jung Min.” He said.
 “Oh, I know him. We were in the same team in university.”

 Tzuyu tried to continue, but the silence scared her a little. The boy sat almost jaw dropped, while others looked shocked at her.

 “You were at the same team?” Sana asked.
 “Yeah, we trained together before he let the team participate in national training, I went to his match a few years ago.”

 Before anyone else could utter a word, Jin jumped up, blocking Tzuyu’s view on the girls and started asking questions. This kid was so active and excited that even the brunette felt her head started to spin. She still answered all of them and even promised to take him on the game.

 ***

 This was tiring evening, Tzuyu never had so many interactions with children and she wasn’t prepared for this. Mei showed the woman her room, feeling a bit jealous that her brother had something in common with brunette. They both were cooing over the art book of puppies and celebrities the girl made and both were left delighted to have a nice conversation about life. Jin sure liked the evening and didn’t even regret cleaning his room for hours before as he dragged Tzuyu in and even pulled her outside to see how she would play.

 Sana was the most affected here. She never felt so happy before. Every single worry died in her after she saw Tzuyu with her children. This felt much like a real family and Tzuyu fitted perfectly in it. Sana could tell the younger already adored twins. And Sana couldn’t ask for anything more.

 Now as they were out near the car. Sana checked the house to see any spies there but was sure her children would give them time now. The cool air was much needed to Tzuyu as she was tired of being pulled and dragged. Still, she enjoyed every single second of it.

 “I’m sorry. They must have exhausted you.”

 Sana s her arms over the girl, finally being able to lean in the protective hands and feel Tzuyu’s heartbeat. The woman cuddled her in immediately, resting the chin on her head and filling herself with the little personal moment they finally were getting.

 “No, that’s fine. They were as excited as I was.”
 “They liked you.”
 “Me too. They are nice and lovely.”

 The blonde couldn’t want anything more than this. She already sensed it before, but hearing it straight from Tzuyu was even better. She was hopping again that she saw it right and Tzuyu would end up with her anyway. Her fantasies were already picturing Tzuyu as her future partner or wife, doing family photos, going out together. She just hoped it will be true because right now she was in love with Chou Tzuyu and she didn’t care about the woman’s social status or work or anything else.