The baseball match.

My love is like a star.

I am so not sure about this chapter. I read it several times and still don't like some details.
But for now, I have no idea how to change it. Maybe, I will rewrite it in the future.

 

 When Tzuyu entered Sana’s house, she felt a weird sensation from Mei. The girl stared at her in a hostile way. At first, Tzuyu thought that it was because she wanted to come too, but it turned out the girl was going to a friend’s house and wasn’t that interested in the game. It only left the woman more confused. Last time when they all were together everything was fine – they laughed and Mei acted very friendly towards her. What was happening now was confusing.

 When they all were ready, the four of them stuff into Tzuyu’s car. Making sure that everyone had safety belts on, Tzuyu asked the address one more time and drove there. It wasn’t that far – few turns and the gray apartment block already was seen. Sana took Mei and went with her.

 “Are you excited?” Tzuyu asked, turning to the back.
 “Yes, I was preparing the whole evening.”
 “Preparing?”
 “I wore my lucky clothes and got several pens if any would stop working.”

 Tzuyu chuckled but said nothing more as Sana was nearing again. The blonde hopped into the car and they resume moving. The streets were busy and traffic jam only made boy nervous. He whimpered from time to time as they stopped on the red light to wait.

 “Don’t worry. We have plenty of time.” Sana told him, laughing.
 “I want to see the field up close before it gets too crowded.”
 “That’s fine. We have the first row.”

 Tzuyu smiled, receiving exciting comments. Sana caressed her hand on the gearbox while her son was babbling the facts he read about the stadium. Tzuyu captured her fingers, interweaving and squeezing gently. They weren’t able to see each other for a while and now both of them felt the longing. Sana never experienced missing someone this badly and everything she wanted was just hug Tzuyu, cuddle into her warmth and forget of anything. She slowly melted into the touches of their fingers, enjoying the rapid pace of her heart. Again it felt so familiar – the same car she rode hundreds of times, the same nice aroma around, the same warm feeling. She was so jealous a while ago when Tzuyu and her friend appeared together on the event. They both were discussed everywhere possible and Sana couldn’t hide her dissatisfaction about the fact that they were already rumored to be dated a long time ago. Though she was much happy to know that it was the same girl Tzuyu’s vice was in love.

 They almost neared the stadium, shocked that every parking spot is already taken. It was season-opening, so that’s must be why. Tzuyu sighed, spinning the wheel and speeding up to the parking lot. The elder man let them in after paying and they easily parked.

 Jin jumped out first, grasping a backpack and hurrying them up. Sana followed him, eager to take his hand, so he won’t get lost. The crowd was already heard and it all excited them. Tzuyu joined after a few seconds and led them inside.

 There were a lot of people of different age, all going somewhere. Sana could feel her son shaking and she was sure he would be able to scream out of happiness. He was watching baseball games on TV for so long, cheering on his favorite team, spending pocket money or doing someone’s homework to get the cards for his collection and Sana couldn’t even imagine how delighted he felt now.

 “Would you like to buy something to drink, while we go around?” Tzuyu’s question was weird, but Sana still nodded.

 Tzuyu smiled and took Jin’s hand. Sana watched them with flattering heart how her favorite people were getting along, unfortunately, Mei made plans for the weekends long before.

 Jin couldn’t stop looking around. The outside of the stadium was huge and he was more than ready to take in the whole look at the inside area. Other people were going around, wearing clothes with team label. His eyes were getting stuck on the vivid colors, on the huge colons with posters. Tzuyu held him carefully, but firmly. Her soft warm hand felt nice. He wasn’t the one to get along with someone this easily, but Tzuyu somehow made way to his life. She wasn’t faking the interest and maybe, not carrying as much about the game as Jin, but she still supported and listened carefully. She wasn’t afraid to let him occupy her time more by asking things she couldn’t understand.

 “We’re here.”

 They stood in front of clothes booth. Everything he saw people here wore everything that was shown on TV or in a magazine. Strangely, his heart raced, eyes were confused and he couldn’t utter a word.

 “Come on. We get what you want.”

 Suddenly, all this happiness has gone. He felt ashamed and selfish. He understood that there’s no way Sana could afford to buy tickets here, not to say anything about these labelled clothes. He felt like being a jerk for making Tzuyu do this everything just for Sana’s attention. Jin lowered his head in embarrassment. The woman was puzzled. She squatted in front of him, still holding a small hand.

 “Is something wrong?” She gently asked.
 “I don’t need it.”
 “Why?”
 “I’m a bad person. I don’t deserve it.”

 Tzuyu’s heart was breaking. This cheerful boy that once jumped from happiness had nothing left but sadness.

 “Hey, I know how hard you train by yourself and how much effort you put to make your own collection. You deserve everything, Jin.”
 “But, not by making you spent time and money on me, because you like my mother.”

 He looked up, tears shining in the beautiful eyes.

 “Jin, it’s true that I love your mother, but I also like you and your sister. I would never do all of this if it’s not for you – you can’t even imagine how many people I had to call in order to get Go Jung Min phone number, I left my job undone in office in order to accompany you. I care for you too, buddy. And it doesn’t matter whether you like it or not.”

 She tapped his nose with a tip of her finger and smiled when he let out a small chuckle. They laughed together and Tzuyu’s heart felt so full. She never dealt with children that much, except the time she was visiting charity events or some of her friends. Sana’s kids acted much matured that they should be in this age. She could understand why this happened and couldn’t stop her heart hurting from this.

 Small hands encircle her neck and the warm feeling spread all over the body. This wasn’t just a boy or Sana’s child. Jin was important the same much as her family and friends.

 Sana stood with drinks – soda for Jin and coffee for Tzuyu and her. She felt like waiting for her entire life in the line with some crazy people that were swinging hands explaining something. But she managed to get what she needed and was now waiting for Tzuyu at the same place they all parted before. She was kind of surprised to see them though. Jin wore a baseball cap with a logo of his favorite team, proudly carrying the branded bag in his hands.

 She didn’t question it and just smiled passing the drinks to the other two. Tzuyu pulled her closer by the waist and sipped the warm coffee, giving Jin the chance to talk about the posters he saw. The entrance started to get more crowded with every pasted minute, so Tzuyu decided it will be better for them to go inside and take a place before they’ll be lost here.

 They spent time in line again to have tickets checked and finally were let in. Jin froze halfway down, his jaw dropped while eyes studied the place. Rows of seats were going up from the field, people filling it and preparing cheers and posters as well, huge billboards played commercial and music. Jin’s heart raced again, he would never imagine being given with a chance to see something this beautiful. Once he saw a girl near subway squealing over the tickets they brought for some male group concert. For Jin it was the same concert, it was the place he wanted to visit one day.

 Tzuyu took his hand and with an amused smile, gently pulled him to their seat. It was indeed the front row, near the center of all events. Sana was taking photos on her phone, Jin more than glad to pose on the sight of this place. He checked the time, counting 15 minutes before the game starts. He saw his mother putting the head on Tzuyu’s shoulder while laughing. They were so perfect for each other. He knew it and he hoped that Mei would see the same amount of love he sensed from the first day. Though he was sure, his sister knew. The love just flew around this couple. Mei was just easy to upset and she cared for others opinion too much.

 Sana rested in Tzuyu’s arms, interweaving their fingers and watching her son being excited. She didn’t care for surroundings or the fact that her coffee was getting cold. Tzuyu brought a blanket that she instantly put over Sana’s legs, knowing well that today is a bit cool. The warmth made her drowsy and Tzuyu’s slowly caressing on the wrist didn’t help.

 “You’re the best. Thanks for this all.” She smiled, resting head on the taller one shoulder and closing eyes.
 “I just wanted to spend time with all of you. It’s a pity Mei had plans already.”

 Tzuyu’s soft voice worked soothingly on her and she lifted their arms, kissing the back of the woman’s hand, pressing lips on the spot.

 The game started after a while. The stadium was full, people roaring and screaming when the teams went to field and Jin couldn’t help but jump from nervousness. Go Jung Min looked perfect as always – broad shoulders, trained body and a nice smile. He waved at every direction, bowing while being presented and said some words. He was the person Jin wanted to become one day, the man that people will be proud of. He wasn’t sure if his life was connected with spot, but Jin liked the game and wanted to play it.

 The blonde still held Tzuyu’s hand, eyes locked on the boy that watched the match with interest. She knew a lot about the player Jin liked – he was 29 now and had family, was the youngest in the team and spent enough money on charity. Jin liked him a lot, maybe not for his skills, but for the big heart and good manners. But even now watching him play, Sana was impressed. The man was really fast and well-trained.

 The game was going smooth and the team they cheer for was winning. The crowd was loud but Tzuyu just watched everything peacefully from her seat as well as Sana. They liked the game, it was interesting to see but were not big fans.

 “Where do you want to eat after the game?” Tzuyu asked the woman next to her.
 “I don’t know really.”
 “Let’s stop by the café I know. Jeongyeon’s father is a chef there.”

 ***

 The game finished as Tzuyu expected. Their team won and Jin screamed the chant that he just learned from a boy the row higher. Tzuyu smiled, but instead of walking to the exit, she pulled the other two to the other side, where the staff member stood. The tall boy, probably still a student.

 “Excuse me, I’m Chou. I contacted your trainer.”
 “Of course, Miss. Please follow.”

 Sana smiled, understanding the situation, but Jin was confused. Where on Earth were they going? They passed the door that said ‘only staff member’ and entered the long tonal with different doors from left to right. It was loud inside and people were going somewhere. Then he noticed a guy in the team’s uniform, the one that just played a few minutes ago. The staff member led them to the big hall where the whole team stood, signing something. The elder small man noticed them and went straight to Tzuyu, shaking her hand.

 “Miss Chou, it’s a pleasure. Did you enjoy the game?”
 “It was really fascinating. My friend here was amazed.” Tzuyu pulled Jin to the front.

 The boy froze in front of the trainer, not really knowing what to say to the person he only saw on TV. The man smiled at him, patting his head and introducing himself. Sana pinched the son, so he would react.

 “I’m Minatozaki Jin. I’m much honoured to meet you, sir.”
 “Oh, such a nice young man. Wait here.”

 The man went away. Jin wanted to turn to Tzuyu and see her reaction, but he forgot his intentions the moment he saw him. The person that he looked up to went to their direction with a big smile on his face. Jin watched the short wet hair messed up bouncing with every step and the wrinkles on his face becoming more and more visible.

 “Oh, man. Isn’t it Chou Tzuyu?” He asked, voice deep and cheerful. “I thought business swallowed you fully. You never visited my games.”
 “If I never came and visit you, it doesn’t mean I never went to the games.” Tzuyu answered the same playful way.
 “Still trying to be cooler than me, Chou. Who are you here with?” His eyes fell on the shocked and quiet boy then on Sana.
 “Here’s your little fan. He wanted to meet you.”

 Jung Min squatted in front of Jin and stretched hand forward. The boy hesitated, but still shook the hand and got embarrassed on the fact that he didn’t know what to say.

 “Hey, how old are you buddy?”
 “Ten.”
 “Do you play baseball?”
 “I do, with friends at the local park. We play when it’s free.”

 The man smiled then threw glare on Tzuyu.

 “Chou, with your money, you still didn’t buy the personal field to your son?”

 It was a joke, but that made the girls blush in deep red and Jung Min smirked on the reaction.

 “Sorry, guys. Though you’re married. But, you know,” He looked at Sana “I never saw her blushing like this before.”

 ***

 Jin was happy. He got a signed card of Go Jung Min and had a conversation with him for a pretty long time. They discussed dreams together and the boy learned that his role model once wanted to become policemen and catch bad people. Somehow this inspired Jin to be one as well. The job sounded cool and Jung Min talked about it with so much enthusiasm that Jin felt excited to be one.