Chapter 20

Love over Love?

It was their lunch time. Students were running to cafeteria as soon as the bell ranged. Jihyo and Mina entered the cafeteria and was looking for an empty table. They found one and proceeded to it. They were just chit chatting when Momo came.

“Hey guys” Momo said while putting her tray on the table.

“Hey! Where you have been?” Mina asked worriedly.

“And where is Sana?” Jihyo asked.

“Cool down guys, every thing is okay. She still doesn’t have enough guts to face Nayeon. And whole Tzuyu thing is also messed up. Just give her some time. She will be normal. “Momo said.

“Okay. But what’s in Sana’s mind? Did she tell you something?” Mina asked curiously.

Momo sighed and decided to tell them the whole story about Sana’s mess.

“That’s so messed up” Jihyo said after listening the whole story.

Just then Nayeon came and sits on the same table.

“What’s so messed up?” Nayeon said while putting straw in her juice box.

An awkward silence took place on the table. All 3 of them didn’t know what to speak.

“What?” Nayeon finally looked at them.

“Just because Sana dumped me so you guys will not talk to me?” Nayeon asked.

“NO WAY! Why are you saying like this” Mina fought back.

“You guys are acting like that” Nayeon said while sipping her drink.

“You okay Nayeon?” Jihyo asked while carefully observing her face.

“See guys, Its not like a bad heart break for me. I am good. So, stop worrying about me and act normal” Nayeon.

“But if Sana will be around you guys then I am sorry I won’t be joining you guys. Hope so you will understand.” She continued.

“Okay as long as you are cool. And we will not bring Sana we promise.” Jihyo smiled.

“And about Jeongyeon?” Momo asked nervously. Mina and Jihyo imaginarily face palmed themselves.

“Yeah Jeongyeon and I talked about it. Actually, I went to her room yesterday evening.” Nayeon said.

“Oh really?” Mina and others were shocked.

“Yes, I do agree my fault.  So, I went for a peace offering” Nayeon said.

“At last it was decided that I will accompany her for the rest for her weekends for getting her expelled.” Nayeon smiled sarcastically.

“So, you guys are okay?” Momo asked while munching on her lunch.

“Yes, kind of but that idiot told me that she will evaluate my services till this week and then she will forgive me” Nayeon said.

“What a jerk” Momo said annoyingly.

“Yes, its not your fault totally. She herself made a mistake that’s why this all happened.” Mina said while frowning.

“It’s okay guys, at least we will be friends again.” Nayeon laughed.

“I am so relieved that you guys are okay now” Jihyo said while smiling.

It was the end of their lunch. They parted themselves to their classes.

Nayeon was in her next class when she received a text. As their teacher was still not there so she decided to look for messages.

Jeongyeon: Hey you forgot about your promise. -_-

Nayeon: Hey I am sorry. First period was a surprise test so I was not able to text you.

Jeongyeon: what about other two periods.

Nayeon: I am sorry Jeongyeon it seriously skipped my mind. :-|

Jeongyeon: -_-

Nayeon: So, what were you doing?

Jeongyeon: Are you teasing me? -_-

Nayeon: No! No. I didn’t know what to text so that’s why.

Jeongyeon: I was cooking a new dish.

Nayeon: Oh really? What?

Jeongyeon: why would I tell you? -_-

Nayeon: Oh gosh, I told you I am sorry. I am feeling like a couple who is fighting over a small issue. :-P

Jeongyeon: Okay okay, I forgive you. Come after school to my room. I will prepare another one for you.

Nayeon: seriously? I am afraid.

Jeongyeon: Why -_-

Nayeon: You could add poison for your revenge. :-P

Jeongyeon: WOW IM NAYEON! (fake clapping). You seriously think like that?

Nayeon: Chill chill, Jeongyeon I was just joking. And thank you Chef Jeong for inviting me :-)

Jeongyeon: After eating we will go outside for a walk. I am really bored so I want to go outside.

Nayeon: Okay then wait for few hours. I will visit my home for changing.

Jeongyeon: Hey listen but if something urgent comes do tell me okay, I will cancel our plans.

Nayeon smiled while seeing the text.

Nayeon: sure :-).

Just then teacher entered their classroom.

Jeongyeon: So, aren’t you in class? What about teacher?

Nayeon: yes, I am, and teacher just entered our class.

Jeongyeon: Okay then go now. We will meet after the school. :-)

Nayeon: Okay bye :-)

After school Nayeon changed into a simple yet beautiful clothes. She bought a new perfume yesterday, so she decided to wear today. As they were going out for a walk Nayeon decided not to take her car. She asked her drivers to drive her.

Nayeon was at the door when she knocked it. Jeongyeon with her apron on opened the door with a big smile.

“What’s with that creepy smile?” Nayeon said while entering her room.

“Nothing. You are right on time. I just finished plating.” Jeongyeon said while closing her door.

“So, what’s that dish which you were working on and not telling me” Nayeon chuckled as she sits on her couch.

“Tada!!!” Jeongyeon placed the placed on the table.

“Oh, it’s just white pasta” Nayeon said with a blank expression. She was expecting something big.

“YAH! Its just not a simple pasta. Its my mom recipe. “Jeongyeon glared Nayeon.

“OK Ok I am sorry” Nayeon said while outing her hands in air while defending herself.

“Taste it. I bet you wouldn’t have tasted something like this.” Jeongyeon smirked.

Nayeon took the first bite, and she was shocked. Jeongyeon was right. She has tasted many pastas from fancy restaurants but this was unbeatable. For some moments she didn’t have any words to say.

“What? Is it bad?” Jeongyeon got nervous.

“Damn, Jeong. Its ing tasty” Nayeon said while taking another bite.

Jeongyeon was shocked with the sudden short name that Nayeon just said but she laughed at the cute Nayeon’s way of cursing.

They finished their pasta in just few minutes. Nayeon literally wanted to the plate but she controlled herself as it was not her home.

“Ok, suit yourself. It will take couples of minutes.” Jeongyeon said as she went into her bedroom to change.

Meanwhile Nayeon just roamed in her living room. She smiled when she saw one of her photos. It was a family photo, Jeongyeon was standing in the middle while holding her parent’s hand. For a minute Nayeon felt sad when she saw Jeongyeon’s mother. Just then Jeongyeon exited her bedroom.

“You ready” Jeongyeon asked while wearing her cap.

“Yup” Nayeon replied.

They went outside and walked a little in their campus. It was a lovely evening.

“Thank you for the pasta” Nayeon said. As they were awkwardly walking for the past 10 minutes.

“Your welcome. Never judge on my capabilities.” Jeongyeon smirked.

Nayeon just laughed as she finds Jeongyeon cute sometimes.

“Can I ask you something?” Nayeon was curious about this question since that day.

“Yeah go ahead” Jeongyeon replied.

“Why the hell you acted so rude to me? I mean I didn’t do anything wrong from what I remembered.” Nayeon said.

“Ahhh that. It’s really messes up.” Jeongyeon sighed.

“Tell me Jeongyeon, its eating me up.” Nayeon said. She really wanted to know what was the sudden reason.

“I actually had a crush on Sana. But when I saw you and her kissing on the game day it literally took me back to our past. You know when you and Tzuyu…” Jeongyeon explained.

“But you know its not my fault. Why would I even try on somebody if he or she doesn’t likes me back.” Nayeon defended herself.

“I know but it was not same as in Tzuyu’s case. You were the one who took her away from me.” Jeongyeon fired back.

Nayeon suddenly stopped and looked at Jeongyeon.

“Wait a minute. I didn’t took her from you.” Nayeon said seriously.

“Yes, you do. That’s what I heard from others.” Jeongyeon said irritatingly as she doesn’t want to fight on this topic.

“Oh, come on Jeongyeon, you seriously believe on everything that comes out of any stranger’s mouth?” Nayeon was now frowning.

“What can I do Nayeon, you were the only one who came between my love life twice” Jeongyeon said.

“Wow seriously.” Nayeon chuckled sarcastically as she didn’t know what to say anymore. So she kept walking leaving Jeongyeon behind. All the good mood was not turning into a disaster.

Jeongyeon sighed. She didn’t want to make Nayeon upset. She ran quickly to her.

“Okay Okay I am sorry” Jeongyeon said while walking beside her.

“Why you are saying sorry” Nayeon replied blankly.

“I don’t know” Jeongyeon said.

But then the atmosphere again turned into a silence.

“Okay let’s close this chapter here only.” Jeongyeon took Nayeon’s hand and dragged her to a bench and signaled her to sit.

“See Tzuyu dumped me for you, so obviously I was broken. Same with Sana. This triggered me more because in both case it was you. “Jeongyeon said in her soft voice. She wants to solve this now.

“I asked Tzuyu when you saw us in the cafeteria, she said you were crazy and you were still stalking her even she told you 2 months before about us. So that’s why I agreed on this or else why would I be in a relationship who is already in one.” Nayeon said.

“WHAT THE !” Jeongyeon was shocked.

“It was 2 days before Nayeon. I swear. She called me and dumped me on phone. And after I arrived at our school, I saw you guys.” Jeongyeon was totally getting mad now.

“Really!!” Nayeon was also shocked.

“Oh gosh, I really want to punch Tzuyu’s face.” Jeongyeon said while closing her fist.

“Wow, so basically she used both of us and dumped us when she was bored” Nayeon was still having a blank expression.

“I will seriously kill her whenever I will meet her next time” Jeongyeon said while gritting her teeth.

“Hey, no leave it. It’s already a big mess right now.” Nayeon said while looking at Jeongyeon.

“You okay?” Jeongyeon the suddenly asked.

“Why you asked?” Nayeon was confused.

“I am talking about Sana. It was a stupid crush for me so It didn’t actually hurt me. But I guess you guys were pretty close.” Jeongyeon said.

“I feel so pity for me” Nayeon chuckled lightly.

“Every student has wrong idea of me as some rich brat.” Nayeon said.

“But you are” Jeongyeon said unconsciously. Nayeon just glared as Jeongyeon interrupted her.

“I… I mean you are rich. Not brat” Jeongyeon defending herself.

 

“So, what if I am rich. I am still a human, I have feelings too.” Nayeon said.

“I have been dumped twice Jeongyeon, I don’t trust anybody now” Nayeon said while looking at Jeongyeon.

“Hey I feel you. Well because we fell for the same people” Jeongyeon rubbed Nayeon’s shoulder to give her a sense of comfort. She has always seen the y side of Nayeon but now she was actually witnessing the real side of Nayeon. She was feeling guilty how people treated her and she was one of them too.

“Hey listen. Let’s this school and this life.” Jeongyeon suddenly stood up and grabbed Nayeon’s hand once again while dragging her somewhere.

“Where are we going Jeongyeon” Nayeon said while she was confused.

“We are going to dump our all past bad feelings” Jeongyeon said while still dragging her to a place.

“But where” Nayeon who was still holding Jeongyeon’s hand.

Jeongyeon took her to the backside of their hostel. It was pretty far actually. It was an abandon field. School has decided to open a new hostel there but still hasn’t.

“Now scream at the top of your lungs THIS LIFE” Jeongyeon was determined.

“What! I am not going to do that. I am not crazy.” Nayeon denied.

“Okay let me show you first.” Jeongyeon knew Nayeon was hesitating.

“ THIS LIFE!!!! YOU CHOI TZUYUU!!!!! AND I AM SORRY NAYEON!!!!” Jeongyeon screamed.

Nayeon was shocked with the sudden action.

“Here, trust me its one of the best methods to release your stress. Whenever I lost my matches so I come here. Nobody can hear you. Seriously just try it once. You will not regret it.” Jeongyeon smiled while pushing Nayeon forward.

Nayeon was nervous first because she hasn’t done something like this before. But she wants to give it a try.

And she screamed as loud she can. It was just a scream but she can feel what Jeongyeon was saying.

Nayeon turned to Jeongyeon.

“See I told you sometimes you should take out your anger so it wouldn’t hurt you internally.” Jeongyeon smiled.

“And now we will go to recharge ourselves.” She again dragged Nayeon and Nayeon even didn’t mind her. She just let herself dragged.

They reached an ice cream truck outside their campus. Nayeon was really happy for the ice cream.

“What flavor you like” Jeongyeon asked.

“Vanilla” Nayeon replied.

“One chocolate and one vanilla sir” Jeongyeon said while taking money from her pocket.

“Hey wait, it’s my treat” Nayeon suddenly said while taking money from her wallet.

“Hey shut up, I am buying this” Jeongyeon said while closing Nayeon’s purse.

“No, I promised to treat you” Nayeon defended. Again, she opens her wallet to take out money.

Jeongyeon then snatched her purse and quickly gave the money to the ice cream man.

“Thank you, sir,” Jeongyeon smiled as she gave Nayeon her ice cream.

“You are really crazy” Nayeon Pouted while taking her ice cream. It was first time when Jeongyeon saw Nayeon pouting and she really thought that she just witnessed the cutest thing in the world. Jeongyeon just smiled like a creep while staring at Nayeon.

“shall we?” Nayeon asked while signaling her to walk.

“Ohh yeah sure.” Jeongyeon finally getting back.

They finally decided to call it the end of the day. Nayeon already texted her driver to come.

“So, Miss Im Nayeon, how are you feeling?” Jeongyeon asked while giving back her purse.

“Its was good” Nayeon rolled her eyes as she didn’t want to show her happiness. She felt really relaxed today. It was the first time when she did something normal like this. And she really liked it.

“Just good? Hey just let’s forget the past. People come and people go. It’s a fact.” Jeongyeon said as she was expecting an exciting answer from Nayeon.

“I will don’t worry” Nayeon smiled.

Her car arrived just in time.

“I will go” Nayeon proceed to her car.

“And by the way Thank you for today” Nayeon smiled when she reached at her car door.

“Your welcome.” Jeongyeon also smiled.

They both waved each other and went to their respective bed.