Chapter 23

Love over Love?

 

Jeongyeon opened her fridge to eat something as she was hungry. Her fridge was full with enough snacks but she closed the door coming back to her couch checking her phone. She again stands up and went to her fridge, again closing the door coming back to her phone. Still no reply. She has been doing this in the last 2 days. Yes 2 days, Nayeon hasn’t replied to any text or call. Jeongyeon was angry, disappointed, worried and much more like a mixture of emotions. Nayeon has been ignoring her after their amusement park outing. Since Jeongyeon can’t even go school she doesn’t know what was happening between her and Nayeon.

Jihyo’s birthday was coming closer. Everyone agreed on buying alcohol as they all wanted Jihyo to get wasted on her birthday. It was her birthday she should have no worries on that day.

“But I can’t buy alone Mina” Nayeon said on the other line.

“Okay okay I will send someone else to accompany you. Just buy those only I have texted you the brand for it.” Mina said.

“Alright” Nayeon replied.

“Okay then I will ask someone to meet you at the liquor shop itself at 5:00 pm.” Mina said while ending the call.

***

“Hello Chaeyoung, are you free today?” Mina asked as she needs someone to accompany Nayeon to buy the alcohol.

“Ahh actually I am really sorry Mina, I have some work. But what for?” Chaeyoung answered with a little guilt as she won’t be able to help her girlfriend.

“We need to buy the alcohol, and its Nayeon’s task but she said she don’t want to go alone as she has never gone to liquor shop. And my aunt will be leaving tomorrow for some work so she wants to spend some time with or else I would have accompanied her” Mina said.

 

“ohh in that case I will ask Jeongyeon unnie. Moreover, she must be lying on her bed doing nothing right now” Chaeyoung chuckled from the other line.

“Oh, that’s great. Okay ask her to meet at 5 pm in front of the liquor shop. I will text you the address.” Mina said.

“Okay” Chaeyoung replied.

“Okay then I will cut the phone.” Mina said.

“Mina!” Chaeyoung said suddenly.

“Yes?” Mina replied.

“I love you” Chaeyoung said while being all red. Thank god Mina can’t see her.       

“I love you too” Mina giggled and quickly cutting the phone being all shy.

***

Chaeyoung: Unnie we want alcohol. You have to buy that. Just meet Nayeon unnie there by 5pm okay? I will text you the address

Jeongyeon got excited after reading the message as she will be able to meet Nayeon and ask her about sudden change in her behavior directly.

Jeongyeon: Okay

It was 4:50pm when Jeongyeon arrived. She really wants to discuss this matter. It was bugging her since that day. Just then she saw coming out her car. Jeongyeon recognized it was Nayeon’s. As Nayeon took her purse and went out from the car, Jeongyeon can see her clearly. Jeongyeon was ready to discuss all the stuff but before that she zoned out. She zoned out because of Nayeon. Just a casual dress can make her so pretty. She was amazed by her beauty that for a moment she forgot for what purpose she came.

“Oh man how can she be this beautiful” Jeongyeon thought to herself. She was falling hard, even more when Nayeon started to ignore her. Her heart beat were going crazy as she was approaching her.

 As Nayeon saw who was the person suddenly she slowed down. She cursed under her breath as she slowly approaches her.

“What the Mina, I didn’t mean Jeongyeon” Nayeon thought to herself.

Jeongyeon came back to her reality when Nayeon stood in front of her.

“Oh, hi stranger” Jeongyeon said sarcastically while waving her hand.

“Let’s buy it quickly” Nayeon said as she rolled her eyes.

She dragged Jeongyeon to the shop. Nayeon asked the owner for the specific bottles.

“Hey there beautiful, looks like you will be parting hard tonight” owner said while smirking.

“Hey easy there buddy” Jeongyeon smiled at him. Nayeon felt uncomfortable first but after listening Jeongyeon she felt safe.

“Ohh possessive girlfriend. By the way do you guys even have ids” the owner smirked again.

“ I don’t have” Nayeon thought.

Jeongyeon smiled while going to take her wallet out but was shocked when she found nothing.

“ I forgot my wallet” Jeongyeon said worriedly while looking at Nayeon.

“How can she have an id; she is still a minor” Nayeon was frowning while she thought to herself.

“Okay children enough, go ask you daddy to come” the owner laughed while shooing them.

“Just take the double amount” Nayeon said.

“NO we wi-“Jeongyeon was interrupted when Nayeon hand over the double amount of cash.

“Okay ladies” the owner took the money happily while tossing them the bottles.

“But don’t come again next time or else I will hand you guys over to police” the owner grinned.

They both quietly went outside and just when they were out

“Why the you gave him the double amount” Jeongyeon frowned.

“what else we can do at that time?” Nayeon said.

“Well, I can go back to my dorm to bring my id” Jeongyeon replied.

“And yeah wait a minute, you’re still a minor how come you have an ID” Nayeon asked confusedly.

“Fake one duh~~~~” Jeongyeon said.

Nayeon rolled her eyes. She quickly texted her driver to pick her up.

“Here take the bottles” Nayeon said as she passes it to Jeongyeon.

“And I will be going” she added.

“Hey hey wait where you are going. We are still not finished” Jeongyeon said quickly. She was still disappointed by Nayeon’s behavior.

“Moreover, your car is still not here, I can’t leave you here alone” Jeongyeon said.

“Why are you ignoring me Nayeon” Jeongyeon asked seriously.

Nayeon was silent for a moment, not looking at her.

“I am not ignoring you” Nayeon replied.

“Oh really” Jeongyeon scoffed.

“I have sent you above 50 texts and called you several times Nayeon” Jeongyeon said.

Nothing came from Nayeon. Jeongyeon was getting frustrated. But finally, she took a long breath,

 

“Is it about the kiss?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Hey listen, I am sorry. It just happened in the heat of the moment. I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable. But at least don’t give me a silent treatment…………... I don’t wanna loose a friend like you” Jeongyeon said softly.

Just the Nayeon’s car came.

“I have to go Jeongyeon” Nayeon said as she proceeds to enter the car. Jeongyeon just watched her until she disappeared.

***

“Why the you have to kiss her, you idiot.” Jeongyeon said to herself while entering her room.

She kept the bottles inside her fridge and after that plopping herself to couch.

“ now she doesn’t want to be keep our friendship also.” Jeongyeon frowned while burying her face in her palms.

Just then she got a call from Mina. After swiping her phone screen.

“Yes Mina?” Jeongyeon said.

“Do you guys get it?” Mina asked.

“Yeah we did. Why are you so worried about the party” Jeongyeon chuckled

“ohh well this is my first hangout with all of you guys. I want it to be perfect” Mina giggled.

“Easy miss perfectionist. Every thing will be okay. How come you like Chaeyoung she is like the clumsiest person” Jeongyeon laughed.

“I don’t know” Mina was suddenly shy after hearing her lover’s name.

“don’t worry just arrive at 7pm at my dorm. And yeah tell everyone to bring their own pajamas. Everyone would be drunk so better to sleep here only.” Jeongyeon said.

“Okay I will inform everyone.” Mina said.

“By the way Mina, is Nayeon coming?” Jeongyeon asked.

“I don’t know. She knew about the plans but she hasn’t told yet whether she is coming or not” Mina replied.

“Oh okay. Well see you tomorrow” Jeongyeon said.

“Bye” Mina replied.

***

It was Jihyo’s birthday finally. Momo knock the door while munching on her chips.

“Dude did you brought the snacks or ate those also” Jeongyeon said while side eyeing her. She was cleaning her dorm before the celebration would start.

Momo hand her a bag full of snacks while smirking.

“Where are the others” Momo asked while sitting on her couch.

“They will be arriving soon.” Jeongyeon said while switching off her vacuum cleaner.

“And what about Jihyo. How come you convinced her to come here?” Momo asked.

“Luckily her one of her books was left at my dorm. So, I asked her to pick it up.” Jeongyeon said while wiping her sweat.

“And what about your girl” Momo asked.

“Well unfortunately she doesn’t feel the same way” Jeongyeon sadly smiled.

“Why?” Momo looked worriedly to Jeongyeon.

As Jeongyeon told her the whole story, some one knocked. She got up to open the door.

She was really surprised because Mina and Nayeon were standing in front of her.

“Hey” Mina said as she enters her room. Jeongyeon was still at the door. Following mina Nayeon enters her room while giving her a small smile.

Jeongyeon was happy, finally she came. She could use this chance to resolve the problem between her and Nayeon.