Chapter 2

Love over Love?

“REALLY?” Jeongyeon was shocked.

“Yes, that’s why I called you” Coach while giving her a proud smile.

“But my academics are not that good!” Jeongyeon said while sighing.

“That why I managed to arrange the interview in February “Coach said.

“See I totally trust you that’s why I even talked to an old friend just to get this opportunity. You have now approx. 6-7 months. Just now focus on your basketball and your studies, nothing else” coach added.

“Sir, I literally don’t know how to thank you, it is really a big deal for me.” Jeongyeon said while being overwhelmed.

“It is a big deal, I see a great future in you Jeongyeon. Just don’t mess it up because its not easy to enter Stanford. They will check every tiny detail while judging you. So, manage your scores and enhance your moves and dribbles in basketball, Okay?” Coach while giving Jeongyeon the brochure.

“But sir they haven’t seen my performance yet so how did you managed to get the interview?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Come on, you underestimating yourself. Remember that Inter High school event where we competed against SM High school. Well we finished them really nice but someone uploaded your last shoots on internet. It’s kind of viral now. So, my friend used that as a chance to talk to the dean.” Coach said while packing his bag.

“Come on, it’s getting late” Coach patted Jeongyeon’s shoulder.

All the gang decided to celebrate this amazing opportunity on Jeongyeon’s room. As their homes are really far so everyone is living in hostel.

“Why she is always late man.” Jeongyeon exclaimed while placing snacks on table.

“Don’t worry she will come soon” Chaeyoung answered.

“This is all for me, right?” Momo questioned with her serious tone.

Chaeyoung glanced Jeongyeon and Jeongyeon immediately said “Obviously Momo” giving her nervous laugh. And then she again went into her kitchen to find more snacks. When it comes to food, they have to be careful because if Momo is not satisfied with the quantity then her anger is on another level.

“YO...YO...YO...YOO JEONGYEON where the hell are you” Jihyo arrived.

“Hey there you are!” Jeongyeon said while coming from kitchen.”

Then suddenly Jihyo gave Jeongyeon a tight hug. “Ok where is this coming from” Jeongyeon placed her arms around Jihyo. Jihyo while giving a punch on her stomach “Idiot I am really happy for you, just crack that interview.”

“Jihyo did you”? Chaeyoung asked excitedly.

“Yes, that why I am late man” Jihyo while escaping Jeongyeon’s arm and reaching for her bag.

“Ok what’s happening here” Jeongyeon was confused.

“For your achievement, let’s celebrate in adult’s style” Jihyo said while taking out a whole bottle of whiskey.

“Are you serious?” Jeongyeon said excitedly while grabbing the bottle.

“Yes sister, I can’t be more proud that’s why I will celebrate it like this.” Jihyo while taking out small glasses which are served in clubs for shots.

“But we are underaged!” Momo while churning on her snacks.

“Looks who is talking?” Jeongyeon while grabbing Momo’s neck. They know she was joking. This isn’t there first time. They had a drink during Momo’s birthday party last year and Momo was the one to finish the whole bottle by herself. But Jihyo didn't tasted it because she wants to keep her slate clean till college.

“SO WHY THE HELL WE ARE WAITING” Chaeyoung shouted while turning the speakers on.

Jeongyeon took the glasses and placed them in a line on the table. Mean while Jihyo removed the cap of bottle and start pouring the whiskey in the glasses.

“Who is going first? Jeongyeon asked

“Stupid the party is on you so obviously you will go first” Chaeyoung said while slightly patting her head.

 Jeongyeon taking a deep breath “Okay so here it goes”.

In front of her there were 10 shots of whiskey. “I will drink them without a break.” Jeongyeon shouted.

All eyes where now on Jeongyeon. It is always cool to see someone getting drunk. They are still high schoolers.

After 10 seconds Jeongyeon was on her 6th glass. Everyone is shouting” DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!”

In just 20 second Jeongyeon literally shoved all 10 glasses. When she smashed her last glass on table everyone knew she is going to vomit. Jeongyeon was the one with low capacity. But it was her party so nobody stopped her while drinking. Jeongyeon immediately went to her bathroom.

“I knew that” Jihyo start laughing.

Now it was Momo’s turn. After vomiting when Jeongyeon finally came out she saw Momo was on her 12th glass.” God bless her” Jeongyeon said in a low voice while patting her head. Everyone was drunk enough. They almost danced to 20 party songs, screamed up to their lungs and enjoyed every single second. That shows how much they were happy for Jeongyeon. Finally, everyone got exhausted and finally lied across the floor. They all were lying in the direction of ceiling. Now here comes the sober part.

“I really love you guys” Jihyo said while crying. Everyone started laughing because it is the most funniest part. Normally Jihyo don’t confess her feeling like this. It was her first time so.

“Let’s do our best guys, this is our last year” Momo said still munching on her snacks.

“I have a question” Chaeyoung while scratching her head.

“Why we all are single? Don’t you guys have crush on anyone?” Chaeyoung asked in her drunken voice.

 They again start laughing because Chaeyoung question was so sudden.

“No, I am serious, my reason is that I haven’t find anyone of my type, who can make my heart flutter” Chaeyoung while placing her hand on heart.

“I am really not interested, already school is a much burden for me with many responsibilities” Jihyo sighed

PARK JI-HYO

Jihyo aka MOTHER

Yes, MOTHER. Personal problem or school stuff everybody knows where to go. Talking to her is like a feeling which resembles to a warm and comfortable atmosphere. Apart from this she has been student president for 5 consecutive years. Plus, she is also an active member of Student counseling cell. That’s why her affable personality let student to open up easily. Due to her academic performance and extracurricular activities there is a high probability of her selection at Harvard. Every student in school knows that since childhood Jihyo’s dream is only “HARVARD”. Even Nayeon the “greedy one” hopes for her selection because of her hard work and she has always been nice to her.

“what about you Jeongyeon? Half of the schools dies over you.” Momo while slapping Jeongyeon’s arm

“Do you still miss Tzuyu?” Jihyo asked carefully.

“hmm……... actually no, I was afraid that I will be not able to overcome her but I actually did when she left the school.” Jeongyeon said with a blank smile.

“I actually like Nayeon but I can’t stand her y personality”Momo being tipsy..

“Yes actually, she looks like an angel but the way she treats us is unacceptable” Chaeyoung sighed.

“She could be my type but ………… “Jeongyeon said before a pause. Everyone was waiting for Jeongyeon to complete but seems like she dozed through the conversation. 

“Aishhh this girl” Jihyo said while looking at Jeongyeon.

“Let’s sleep guys its already late” Jihyo then said while closing her eyes.

“It’s already morning Jihyo” Momo said with a chuckle. But nobody answered.” Ahh Good night” Momo while closing her eyes.