Chapter 22

Love over Love?

Mina was walking to her school when she notices a short heighted girl was waiting for her at the school gate.

“Wow how come you are this early” Mina said with a smile.

“Why? I just want to spend more time with you.” Chaeyoung replied with a sweet smile and holding her hand.

Mina was surprised by the sudden courage in Chaeyoung. She was loving it. She immediately intertwined her fingers.

As their exams were coming, Mina decided to come school early so that she can revise her notes in library. Chaeyoung was not really fond of studying but at least she can spend more time with her. So, she decided to give Mina a surprise.

“Okay, you are coming but we will concentrate on studying only” Mina was smiling shyly.

“What else we can do in library?” Chaeyoung replied with a smirk.

They both reached library in few minutes still holding hands. Mina searched for an empty place and dragged Chaeyoung along with her to sit.

As they both placed themselves Chaeyoung got a message. It was from Jeongyeon. Jihyo’s birthday was next week. They should already start planning for it.

“Hey Mina!” Chaeyoung whispered as Mina was busy in taking books out of her bag.

Mina moves her head up to look at her.

“Jihyo’s birthday is next week. What should be do?” Chaeyoung said.

“Oh really!” Mina was surprised. There wasn’t much time left.

“Let’s talk about it after lunch?” Mina replied after thinking for a while.

“Okay” Chaeyoung said. Just then Tzuyu enters in the library. Chaeyoung was staring her but then she suddenly remembered Sana.

“hey have you talked to Sana?” Chaeyoung asked

“Yes, she called me finally. She said she needs time. So, I guess we should give her that.” Mina replied.

“that’s good to hear” Chaeyoung said

“Anything more?” Mina smiled as Chaeyoung was continuously talking to her.

“No sorry” Chaeyoung smiled as she took her book out of her bag.

It was lunch time. Momo was the first one to reach (as usual). She took the food tray and searched for an empty seat. Finally placing herself she started eating as she can’t wait for others. Her food was more important than her friends DUH. Nayeon was the second to enter, as she walks in cafeteria, she saw Momo alone. She was hesitant as she has never talked to Momo alone.  But somehow, she sits Infront of Momo who was super focused on her food.

“Wow, you are really that hungry ha?” Nayeon chuckled.

“Oh, you are here” Momo said as she lifts her head up to see who it was.

“Yeah, where are the others?” Nayeon said as she tears the straw from the cover.

“I have no idea; they must be coming” Momo replied. After that there was an awkward silence. Both felt it. So Momo decided to start the conversation again.

“So how is it going with Jeongyeon?” Momo didn’t have any other topic to start.

Nayeon was surprised with the sudden question.

“Ahh Its okay, we are in process I guess” Nayeon said while slurping her juice.

“You know sometimes she can be but otherwise she is a completely caring.” Momo smiled.

Nayeon didn’t knew what to say so she just smiled back to Momo.

Just then Mina and Chaeyoung reaches the table.

“Hey guys” Mina said as both of them sits across the table.

“Hi” Nayeon smiled.

“Alright Jihyo is not here so I guess we can discuss few things” Mina said.

“Jihyo? For what?” Nayeon asked with a confusing face.

“, her birthday is in next week” Momo replied, virtually slapping her for forgetting that.

“Why don’t we celebrate her birthday at Jeongyeon unni’s room. It would be less trouble and we can prepare easily” Chaeyoung said.

“That’s a good idea” Momo said.

“We can arrange drinks and snacks on that day only” Mina added.

“Yes, till then we have enough time for buying our presents” Chaeyoung then said.

“Okay so I will inform everyone on the message” Momo said while taking her phone out.

“Well you 3 are already here so I am not messaging you” Momo said while typing.

All this time Nayeon was feeling little uncomfortable. When Momo mentioned her also she was relieved after listening that.

School was over, Nayeon quickly went to her house to change. Just then Jeongyeon arrived at her house to pick her up. Jeongyeon was on time as she promised Nayeon to pick her.

 

As Jeongyeon was waiting, Nayeon came out. It was a normal flower printed top and skinny jeans but Nayeon was looking ing beautiful in that. Jeongyeon spaced out for a moment. She was excited since last night for this outing. Somehow, she was really happy to meet Nayeon again. Nayeon murmured something but Jeongyeon didn’t catch it as she was busy in defining Nayeon’s facial features.

“What?” Jeongyeon asked.

“I said shall we” Nayeon pointing outside

“Oh yeah, let’s go” Jeongyeon smiled.

They both took the cab; whole ride was silent. As they reached Amusement park, Nayeon was smiling from ear to ear. Jeongyeon noticed it.

“Seems like you are really happy “Jeongyeon chuckled as Nayeon was looking like a 10-year-old.

“Yes, I have never been to an amusement park” Nayeon smiled while looking at the big rides.

They took their tickets and started to roam here and there.

“Okay, so first we will go to roller coaster” Jeongyeon said excitedly.

But when Nayeon saw how long and scary that ride was looking she got nervous. She was thinking whether she should go or not.

“Hey let’s go” Jeongyeon drags her to stand in the line. As line was getting short Nayeon heart beat was getting faster. She has never tried these thrilling rides.

“Jeong, I think I can’t do it” Nayeon said as she was watching the other people screaming like crazy. Jeongyeon sensed that she was nervous.

“Hey, you can’t back out it’s our turn now” Jeongyeon said. Just then they all were asked to sit.

Nayeon somehow sits beside Jeongyeon. When ride was going to start Jeongyeon hold Nayeon’s hand tightly. Nayeon just worriedly looks at Jeongyeon.

“Relax, you will love it” Jeongyeon just smiled.

As the ride started Nayeon grip got more tighten. At the fall Nayeon was totally scared about how she will feel. But instead of scary it was more thrilling to her. She totally loved it. Jeongyeon was yelling like crazy besides her. Both of them enjoyed it very much. After getting out Jeongyeon asked” How was it”.

“Let’s do it one more time” Nayeon smiled. Jeongyeon was shocked. A couple minutes before she was scared but now, she wants a second round. Jeongyeon just laughs while going again on the roller coaster. Jeongyeon just needed another reason to hold Nayeon’s hand again. It felt really amazing when Nayeon’s hand was intertwined in hers.

After a couple of rides, they decided to eat something. They went to a hotdog cart but seems like it was really crowded.

“Wait a minute, I will bring us some.” Jeongyeon said.

“No, I will come with you” Nayeon denied.

As both of them were trying to enter the crowd, Jeongyeon felt someone holding her hand. It was Nayeon. After knowing, Jeongyeon was smiling at her action.  They finally reached at the counter when someone turned his direction making his elbow to hit Nayeon’s forehead.

“Hey watch it man” Jeongyeon shouted but not loud.

“Hey chill man, it’s not like your girlfriend is not bleeding” the guy replied with an annoying tone and left. Both of them were froze at the term girlfriend but didn’t speak anything. Jeongyeon then took her order and both of them went to an empty bench.

“It is hurt?” Jeongyeon said while eating her hotdog.

“Yeah, its fine. It didn’t hurt that much” Nayeon just smiled. But it actually made Nayeon’s heart flutter a little. Her cheeks were red now and Jeongyeon noticed it.

After eating Jeongyeon suggested her to go to photobooth.

“Come on its your first time, keep it as a memory” Jeongyeon said while dragging Nayeon to the photo booth.

As they bot sit, there was still some distance between them which made both of them cropped out a little.

“Ahh this wont work” Jeongyeon said after looking at the disastrous photos. She places her hand around the shoulder of Nayeon and minimized their distance between them. Nayeon was surprised but she didn’t stop her. Both were really close now as the photos were clicking, Jeongyeon was helpless but to look at Nayeon’s side face. Her perfume was really soothing and sweet it made Jeongyeon to look at her. Nayeon felt that she was looking at her. Unconsciously she also turned her face to her. They both were really close now. They could hear each other breaths clearly. Jeongyeon was looking at her eyes which was mesmerizing her to do the next thing. She bends a little to taste what Nayeon lip’s taste like. Nayeon know what was happening, she wants to leave but seems like she was not able to move. Suddenly she felt warm lips over her. She was still confused whether to do it or not. Just then someone knocked on the door. Both of them pushed each other back while looking who it was.

“You guys please make out somewhere else, we need the photo booth” some girl said while smirking.

Jeongyeon clearing stands and went outside followed by Nayeon. Both of them were now walking silently not sure what to talk now. But one thing was sure both of them were red as tomato after the kiss.

Jeongyeon really felt something. Her heart beat was going crazy when she touched Nayeon’s lips, a feeling that she never really felt before. She was struggling in her thoughts whether to talk about the kiss or not. But just then “Lets go home” Nayeon said.

“O…okay” Jeongyeon didn’t have choice but to drop the topic.

Jeongyeon dropped her at her house. Both didn’t speak anything before parting from each other. It was really confusing. Jeongyeon was complete mess. She was continuously remembering everything. Was she wrong anywhere? Did she hurt Nayeon somehow. But the answer was still not clear. She finally called Momo.

“Where are you?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Ahh I am at library, now I am going home. Why?” Momo replied on the other line.

“Good, report to my room immediately. It’s an emergency.” Jeongyeon ordered while cutting the phone

“Wait, what happ….. she hanged up” Momo said annoyingly.

Momo finally arrives as fast as she can.

“What the Jeong?” Momo asked as entering.

“I don’t know if I messed up or not. Its so confusing” Jeongyeon said while frowning.

“About what” Momo asked.

“Ok, so actually me and Nayeon went amusement park just few hours before….” Jeongyeon started.

“So?” Momo while waiting for her to complete.

“And we… we kissed” Jeongyeon was observing Momo’s face closely. She wants to know her reaction.

“WHAT!” Momo exclaimed.

“Y.yeah kind of but after that we didn’t talked about anything. She said she wants to go home so I dropped her.” Jeongyeon said.

“No No! wait, …... you and Nayeon? IM NAYEON kissed each other.” Momo was still shocked.

“Yeah, what’s so shocking? We all were trying to becoming friends, right?” Jeongyeon answered.

“Yeah but I never thought or imagined Im Nayeon with you. It’s a lot to take” Momo said.

“You are literally delusional” Momo added.

“What? Why” Jeongyeon frowned.

“Just few weeks before you were drooling over Sana, how the you can like Nayeon now” Momo said while side eyeing her.

“HEY! At least if I like someone, I say it loudly not like you coward” Jeongyeon replied.

“Hey Selgui was already in love with someone else.” Momo slapped Jeongyeon’s arm to shut .

“Yeah if you had confessed already it wouldn’t happen” Jeongyeon while rubbing her arm

“Ahh leave it, I am already over it. So, what’s the problem? You just called me to tell you kissed? You can tell that on phone also idiot” Momo said while frowning.

“When I kissed her, she didn’t push me which means she also want that right?” Jeongyeon asked

“Yeah kind of” Momo said

“But after kiss she suddenly became quiet. She left for home quickly” Jeongyeon was confuse.

“Well she needs some time to process, maybe. Jeongyeon you are thinking way too much. Just wait for her to talk on this topic” Momo said.

“By the way, you seriously have started to like her?” Momo asked curiously.

“Well she is not that bad like we use to say. I would like to try” Jeongyeon said.

“And to be honest the kiss was magical” Jeongyeon added.

“Okay I don’t want to hear more.” Momo stands while picking her bag.

“Wait for her to text or message okay” Momo said as she went out of her room.