Chapter 31

Love over Love?

 

“At Least you could have asked me first,” Jihyo said. She was still in shock.

 

“Why, you don’t wanna join us?” Nayeon asked, more like a glaring.

 

“I didn’t say that. I mean it happened so suddenly. “ Jihyo replied while staring at her unbelievable friends.

 

“We will be competing, just be prepared for that” Nayeon said ignoring the fact that Jihyo was glaring her now.



 

 

“Do you think its a good idea?” Chayeoung asked while sipping her coffee.
 

“ Why do you wanna go there?” Jeongyeon asked while frowning.
 

“ No I mean it would be nice if we all can be together,” Chaeyoung said while avoiding eye contact with Jeongyeon.
 

“ No, its better like this. Involving your girlfriends is not the smart move for this competition.” Jeongyeon glared her before going back to her coffee. She was still pissed at Nayeon. She feel so embarrassed that this happened in front of everyone. 

 

“ Who cares. But we need someone smart you know that right?” Momo asked. To be honest they all know their level. Preparation for this whole treasure hunt even starts 6 months beforehand. The riddles are created uniquely that you must need to use your brain and your creativity to solve them.
 

“I am sorry? We are enough Momo.” Jeongyeon reverted back with a shocked expression. She doesn’t want to admit it but hey is it bad to be confident about yourself.
 

“Oh Come on Jeong, Accept it already. The level is tough this time.” Momo said while frowning. Jeongyeon was just acting like a kid now. But she has to accept it or else they will be doomed.
 

“ She is right” Chaeyoung sighed.
 

“ No, we are fine. You guys are being delusional” Jeongyeon ignored the stares while sipping her coffee. But she also knew that they were right.
 

“ Alright be ready to lose in front of your girlfriend then,” Momo said, ready to leave them for her class. 

 

Why the she has to be on point at such a conversation.” Jeongyeon thought to herself. But she was right. She has to win now or else she will be the clown in her relationship.
 

“Alright fine...”
“Find another one” Jeongyeon sighed. 

 

It was hard to accept first but her first priority is to win now. She can let herself down after challenging her own girlfriend in front of everyone.
 

Just then a person entered who was listening to the whole conversation for the past few minutes.
 

“ If you guys don’t mine I could be the brain of your team.” She grinned.



Jeongyeon POV

I know I shouldn’t be waiting but I haven’t talked to her since yesterday.

 

Should I call myself? 

What if she didn’t pick it? 

What if she didn’t want to talk to me at all? 

Why the hell I involved myself in this stupid bet?

Just then a notification from her Snapchat lighted her phone.

 

 It was from her.
 

The fluttering feeling which I couldn’t explain was all over my heart just by seeing her name.
 

I quickly opened her Snapchat to meet with a black screen with “Goodnight” written on it.
“Just goodnight,” I thought. 

 

Well, at least she was the first to message so I shouldn’t be complaining.    

 

Just when I was going to reply, I heard some noises from my parent’s room. I immediately went outside to check what happened.

“Oh . What happened” I panicked while seeing my mom sitting on the bed with pain over all her face.

 

“Its okay dear, she just met with a small accident. She slipped.” my father replied.
“Yeah, don’t worry. I will be fine after the rest” my mom replied.

“Mom, you should be careful,” I said while reaching on the other side of the bed.
 

“Yes dear.” my mom rubbed my hands to assure me that it was not serious.

 

“I will call our Doctor, Jeong till then accompany your mom,” my dad said as he went outside. 

 

“Sure” I replied.


 

Third’s person POV


Its been like 3 hours and Nayeon just have changed 100 positions on her bed trying to get some sleep. 

 

She didn’t reply yet.
 

Ok, she is taking this challenge really seriously. FINE

 

If she didn’t want to talk then fine I am not stupid here.
 

She turned off my phone and went back to her sleep which she interrupted just because of some idiot.

 


 

“ But still I sense something bad is going to happen,” Chaeyoung said while staring at her ceiling.
 

“Let’s think positive Chaeng. I just wish someone else wins so that this stupid bet can be finished with no harm.” Mina replied from the other line.

 

“Me too. I already planned so many things which we would have done during our practice and all. It’s only a waste now.”
 

“Oh really like what?” Mina grinned changing her position on her bed.
 

“ Nevermind” Chaeyoung replied bluntly to girlfriend.
 

“ Tell me” Mina whined while pouting. Mina wished Chaeyoung was in front of her right now because she knew she would have melted in few seconds.
 

“How about a date after school tomorrow. I will tell you then” Chaeyoung laughed.

 

“Oh no, I can’t. Tomorrow is Nayeon’s competition. And I promised her to stay with her all the time” Mina replied in her sad voice.
 

“Oh right. I love when you support your friends no matter what, it makes me fall more for you” Chaeyoung said while smiling like crazy. She might have just met Mina but these small things which Mina does for everyone make her more attractive.  

 

“Oh really, I wish I could be a good girlfriend also” Mina replied while her cheeks were blushing hot red.
 

“What kind of statement was that. You already are.” Chaeyoung replied making her girlfriend more fluttered.


Nayeon’s POV

I couldn’t be more nervous.

 Finally, it was my turn.

 Although I am prepared still my competitor is not a joke. 

Okay, I might have just admitted it but hey don’t tell to anyone. 

Her performance was much better than the previous year. 

She must have practiced hard. 

I looked at the audience from backstage.

 I saw Mina who assured me with her eyes not to be nervous. 

That’s why I really love her. 

No one can support me like her. 

Then there is Chaeyoung beside her clapping for my competitor who just ended her performance. 

But her hand was interrupted by Mina’s stopping her to clap. I just laughed at their silly fight. They both are really cute together. 

Then there I saw her, she was also clapping hard with a smile on her face. 

Okay, she might be impressed with the performance. 

Well, I don’t want to complain but she must clap even harder for my performance. 

 

Just then my name was announced. 

 

I stepped outside to face the audience. 

 

Everyone was cheering except her. 

 

I didn’t know what was happening but she just stood from her seat to exit.

 

 A small burn was felt inside my heart. 

 

The only thing I wanted was support from her but she intentionally ignored me for a stupid bet. 

Not even watching my performance. 

 

My eyes suddenly were filled with water. 

 

Wait… 

 

Wait... 

 

No this is not right.

 

I can’t cry when I am going to perform. 

 

This is not me.

 

I can handle this afterward, right?

 

 Keep yourself together Nayeon.
 

“Mam, wake up!!” my maid shakes me. Seems like I was in a deep sleep.

Okay, it was a ing dream. Thank god!