/auditions.co.kr

ʚProduce Angelɞ / Do Idols Need to Be Saints? / Profiles Are Up!
← → ↻
https://www.produceangel.kr/profiles
Information
Profiles
vOTING
cLIPS
Authors
note
lee somin
Chosen
ahn mari
Chosen
han jisoo
Chosen
Counter 35              THE ADORED 2
PRETTY HURTS 2
BURNT YOUTH 1
MONSTER 1
GOODY GOODY 3
The insider 2
The outsider 3
The price 2
mask 2
untalented 2
the rejected 
1
OPEN 9
LAST CHANCE 1
THE RUNAWAY 2
SINNER 2

 
NOTE
Hi! Lily here :) This will be the reviews chapter. Li and I have made some characters since this is meant to be a large cast. We promise we won't favour them! We're super excited to see what you guys come up with!

Feel free to use any of our girls in your app, we're working on their apps, but in the meantime feel free to DM us for more info on them.

Applications will be linked to the picture of the character!
Plotline Pretty Hurts 
FaceClaim Wonyoung 
Info 
Somin has been in pageants since the young age of five, winning many of them, with the help of her ballet skills.

Four years ago she was scouted by JYP, her mother encouraged her to take up the opportunity, and that marked the end of her pageants.

After JYP refused to let her go on Produce 48, and chose Yuna for ITZY instead of her, Somin’s mother removed her from JYP so she could compete in Produce Angel.                                  
Blessed with good looks, and a charming personality, Somin has the most important qualities of an idol. But will her insecurities get the best of her?

ESFJ type 9 (lvl 4), Sanguine-Melanchol
y

 
Plotline Sinner
FaceClaim  Aini
Info
The CEO and founder of a popular lingerie brand, as well as a well-known model, Mari already has a large following.                              

In a lot of people's eyes, Mari isn't suited to be a role model, years ago being kicked out of SM for being doxxed as a cam girl she's seen as a degenerate by many.                                  

Mari doesn't care what other people think she's extremely talented, and always knows how to reach success, don't underestimate her.                                      

ESTJ, Choleric, Type 8 (lvl 5), Slytherin
Plotline Last Chance
FaceClaim ilovepani
Info
Jisoo spent the entirety of her teenage years as a trainee at Cube. She was going to debut, most likely being the leader of their next group.
                                           But why did she leave so close to her debut? Why is it that Hyuna doesn't remember her?
                                   Viewers will fall in love with her kind and selfless nature, but will they abandon her once they learn she's trans?
                                          INFJ, Type 9 (lvl3) Phlegmatic-Sanguine, Hufflepuf
f
bae yerim
cHOSEN
 kawamura yume
cHOSEN
darcy song
cHOSEN
shin siwon
Chosen
Plotline Sinner
FaceClaim Gaeul
Info
Most people including the mentors are confused by Yerim being on the show. No talent or experience, why was she casted?    
                            
People have gathered that Yerim grew up in New Zealand and has a career as a feminist journalist and political activist, gaining her international fans, and hate from the Korean general public.     
                             
What will people think when they find out she's the illegitimate daughter of a famous entertainment company’s founder and CEO?    
                              
ENFJ Type 7 (lvl 3), Sanguine-Phlegmatic
Plotline Open
FaceClaim Nako
Info 
Yumeko debuted as the only foreign member of Weki Meki in 2017. Yumeko took multiple short breaks while she was in the group without much explanation.

Just before the groups comeback with Picky Picky in 2019 it was announced that Yumeko would take a hiatus and not participate in any activities for the comeback.

It didn't take long before she was removed from the group entierly and went completely MIA.

Rumours began to spread about why she would leave the group but no answers were given.

When it was announced that Yumeko would be a contestant on Produce Angel, fans started to get excited as they would finally get to see their idol again and hopefully receive answers as to why she left and why she is back.

ISFP, Hufflepuff

Plotline Open
FaceClaim Chuu
InfO
Darcy was always used to getting what she wanted, and doing what she wanted. So when she decided she would become a KPOP idol, she got a shock, she wasn't accepted right away.  

Once she was, she found trainee life and the rules that came with it difficult. Time after time she was passed over for spots in groups, and she was getting sick of it.

That's why she decided to participate in Produce Angel. People are shocked when they see her talent and hear her story.

Why was she never picked for a group despite her talents?

INTJ, Slytherin

Plotline The Runaway
FaceClaim Nana
Info 
Siwon debuted as a member of the popular group, Betty at the age of sixteen. She was well on her way to becoming one of the aces of the third generation. But she tossed it all away when she decided she would come out as a lesbian.

She was kicked out of her group and started a new career as a prominent LGBT+ YouTuber and activist.

So people are wondering why is she back now? What does she plan to achieve by participating in Produce Angel?

Is it all for publicity or does she really want to go back to the idol life, she was so quick to cast aside?

ENFJ, Gryffindor
yoo seungmi
chosen
lee jiae
chosen
ahn soriya
chosen
elizabeth kang
chosen
Plotline Goody Goody
FaceClaim Yeojin
Review
Thank you for fixing that! Sorry again for the trouble~

Hi Panda! Thanks for being our first applicant~ I love Seungmi she's super cute!

We would like some clarification on her name, we’re guessing Yumi is her stage name, will that be what she will go by during the show?

Even though I said I was fine with face claims as long as they looked the age. I would appreciate it if you changed her backup face claim to someone closer to her age. I do think Yeojin can probably pass for 16, but this gives us the option to decide. I think the age difference between a 16 year old and 19 year old can be more obvious than adults with the same , due to being around puberty.

The last thing is, actually completely my fault, so I want to apologise. I completely forgot to clarify that girls planet 999 doesn’t exist in this universe. Since we’ll be using some trademark things from the show. (Like the uniforms and signal song.) I’ll be adding this to the cheatsheet asap! I know this is on me but would it be possible for you to change Seungmi’s backstory slightly?


Once these things are sorted, we’ll be super happy to accept her!

I do have two notes that will not affect her acceptance, but I thought might be useful for the future. Terminal illness is not something you can recover from, that is the definition. Not all cancer is terminal but it is often referred to as such so I do understand how it can be a bit confusing. When mentioning Jisoo you described her as being born male, I just wanted to let you know that a majority of trans people prefer using language like assigned at birth~

Thanks again for applying Seungmi she is super cute!
Plotline Pretty Hurts
FaceClaim Sullyoon
Review
Thank you~ Jiae is now accepted <33   
                                                           Hi Mia, thank you for applying!~

I think Jiae fits the pretty hurts plotline perfectly-being someone who feels she has to constantly meet certain expectations. Besides, the plotlines were just there to help inspire ideas~

I only skim-read her app before properly working on the review and when it clicked you made Junsu her dad I was like OHHH. I think that’s really cool, and it gives me a lot to work with story-wise considering all hell would break loose if the other trainees realised.

I also do intend to have scenes of the team, so his daughter being a contestant definitely makes it more interesting! I wanted to ask if her family ties were somewhat hidden even during her child actress/model career, and on produce 48? Since if it was public knowledge it would be hard to avoid people knowing. And if they did keep it hidden, why?

Also, just a quick note, wouldn't Jiae have been 13/14 when she was on produce 48? I feel like her performing bubble pop would be controversial more because of her age than her being cute.

The idea of her being rigged out of izone is interesting, but I think if you're okay with it that’s one thing I'd rather not include. Since even if Junsu didn’t use his connections, people in the industry would still know him. I find it a bit unrealistic that they would rig her out given that. And as unethical as the rigging was, you can tell they did it partly because they wanted a certain look for the group, which Jiae would definitely fit.

Would you be okay with me instead saying she ranked 13th? Maybe some people speculated she was rigged out, but later on, it was ultimately revealed it was Kaeun and Chowon. And instead, it more shows she could have been rigged in if he utilised his connections.

The only issue with your app is that she has separate talent twins for vocal and dance, I mentioned in the cheatsheet that I'd rather only have one talent twin to cover all skills. I did notice Kyujin was used as a backup for both, so we could just make her the talent twin?

Overall I love Jiae, I think she has the potential to have such an interesting story and add some drama to the mix. If you could just clarify these details/answer my questions she’ll definitely be accepted!
Plotline Open
FaceClaim Yujin
Review
Thanks for the clarification Soriya is now accepted. ^^        
                           Hi, Audrey thanks for applying~

I have such a soft spot for Yujin so I was so happy to see her used as FC!

And Soriya absolutely has my heart, I love her personality. I always love a girl gaining confidence throughout a survival show, and she's perfect for that storyline. She clearly struggles a lot with her mental health which is something I can relate to and do want to write about.

Overall, I can’t see any problems with her app. However, she is still pending since I need clarification on the issue I dm’d you about. To know if I’d feel comfortable writing to her. I hope you can understand ^^

Plotline Sinner
FaceClaim Saay
Review
Thank you faith, for editing the app! I'm super happy to say Elizabeth is now accepted ^^ TW // suicide
Hi, faith thanks for applying~


I’ve never seen Saay as a faceclaim so it’s great to see such an underrated face claim! She’s super beautiful <3 I remember I used to love EVOL.

First of all, I want to say you made a super well-written and detailed app! And that’s why I feel bad saying that Izzy doesn’t really fit produce angel.

She does concept and personality-wise, but she’s just too popular. Almost OP? I understand that sometimes established idols do go on these shows like Choi Yujin. And the runaway plotline is even kind of based around that idea, but EXID was a massive 2nd gen group. Her being the second most popular in the group, and promoting with them till DDD is huge.

It basically means she was with them through their peak of their career. I understand she got a lot of hate and was forced out of the group, but in a way, she still has had a much more successful career than most idols get on average. Even going on to have a moderately successful solo career.

She’s at a level where she would be more fitting to be a mentor than a contestant.
Izzy could still work for the story but it would require quite a lot of change, which I feel bad about since objectively it's a very strong app. The main thing would be moving her leaving EXID to just before or after their blow-up with up and down. Or her being a part of a 2nd gen group with less popularity than EXID.

Li and I have one other problem with her app. I can understand why you have made her best friends with Sulli, I can see she was probably partly the inspiration for Izzy as a character.

But both Li and I personally don’t feel comfortable having OCs be super close with idols who have passed away.

We understand it comes from good intentions but it’s just a boundary for us.

Izzy being an acquaintance or a fan, and being affected by her death would be fine. But being very close and having that be a part of Izzy’s story means we’d be writing as if we truly knew what was going on with Sulli in regards to her inner circle, which is ultimately just speculation. Which I personally feel a bit weird about.

I will also mention that I’ve been a huge fan of Sulli for years, and her death hit me quite hard so that is just another layer for me. I hope you can understand our stance on this.

It’s true that people who are close to those who take their own life, often feel a lot of guilt. And I would feel comfortable exploring that but only within the context of an OC.

Izzy has amazing potential and I really like her character, but for Li and I to feel comfortable writing her we would need the Sulli aspect to be changed/removed. As well as her level of popularity would have to be altered.

I apologise that is a lot to change what is a fundamentally good app, but for her to fit the story we’re writing there isn’t a way around this I hope you can understand.

song hyunjoo
chosen
HWANG BAEKHEE
chosen
LEE BIEUN
chosen
 DalisaY BAUTISTA
chosen

Plotline The Runaway
FaceClaim Yena
Review 
Hi Mia, thank you for submitting another girl!                                     

I do think Hyunjoo would fit the runaway better, but ultimately it doesn’t really matter that much. Also, the “it girl” plotline is actually called the adored- but I can understand the confusion. 

I love to see Yena as an FC! And she fits Hyunjoo perfectly, haha. I love how you managed to make a happy virus/likable person who is still deeply flawed it’s an awesome balance.

Despite the angst she has gone through, I am glad to see a genuinely happy girl, as I do think we need that in the story!       
             
I can’t see any issues with her app so I’m super happy to say she accepted <3 Thank you for submitting her once again~

Plotline The Runaway
FaceClaim Mina
Review
Thank you for understanding, since she was from the first round she is now chosen! TW//Anorexia
                    
Hi Yalin, thank you for submitting two girls!                       
                        
I really love Baekhee’s personality, I find her super interesting, and very flawed but in a still likable way. There is a lot about her character I’d love to write about, but there is one aspect I’m not comfortable with. 
                                                                 
I can see you probably had good intentions taking so much from JinE’s story, as a way to avoid misrepresenting anorexia. It is important to get inspiration from real-life life experiences with sensitive issues like EDs.
                                  
But there is a difference between taking inspiration and just copying and pasting someone’s real-life story.There are barely any          differences
between Baekhee and JinE’s story, it’s almost the same in every way. This makes me uncomfortable because it’s taking the details of the events of what was most likely a very traumatic period in someone’s life, and giving them to a fictional character. I can’t even exactly put into words why this makes me uncomfortable, but I hope you can respect my feelings on this.                                                          
I know that changing such a major part of the app might be difficult, you could create a fictional group and change some things around so it's not just a copy-paste of JinE's story. For now, she is pending.
Plotline Last Chance
FaceClaim Seola
Review
      Thank you for understanding, since she was from the first round she is now chosen!                                         Hi, again Yalin :)

I really like Bieun, I love her story, ending up as a comedian/variety star despite the idol life being her true passion, it just hasn’t panned out for her. And I think it makes sense she wants to express who she is fully, and not just the funny persona. 

The only issue with Bieun's app is now something Li & I feel we should have put in the cheatsheet, which is essentially success and career experience. Of course, it makes sense to have people on the show who have experience and fans, but sometimes it can be too much, and we feel like Bieun just surpasses that. 

I’m not opposed to her being the winner of the Kara project as she was only in the group in their last couple of years, but even though she was only a hidden member I'd rather it if the Kard aspect was cut, instead, maybe she was in the debut lineup but was replaced with Somin?

On to her solo debut, I kind of like the idea of her trying it and it just failing to gain attention, but I'd rather if it wasn't as high budget as smiley.

I feel the extent and impact of her comedy career should also be nerfed a bit since it's still in the entertainment field, and would probably give her a massive leg up in produce angel realistically. (Such as all the awards she won)This might come across as a bit nit-picky but I hope you can understand what we mean, and all that needs to be done is just her experience and popularity to be lowered a bit and we would be very happy to accept her!
Plotline Open
FaceClaim Chanty
Review
Hi Jeri! First of all, I want to thank you for creating a character that is from SEA. I think produce angel is a good story to talk about trainees who get less of a chance due to their ethnicity.

Chanty is gorgeous, and I will say Dalisay would definitely have a level of pretty privilege and would be treated differently because of that. But I do like the fact you acknowledge that and how she would receive “compliments” that stem from colourism and racism.                        

I looked for some photos of Chanty for this and I will say it made me a bit sad to see she used to be a bit tan, and she no longer is. I was wondering if that will also be the case for Dalisay or has she always been on the fairer end?

The only minor issue with her app was sometimes the wording was a bit confusing (saying she hadn’t seen her parents in years, which I presume you were just meaning her mother since she was raised just by her mother?) but other than that I couldn’t see any problems, so I’m super happy to say Dalisay is accepted!
Joselyn ong
cHosen
han okjoo
chosen
ria fernandez ma
chosen
ryu binni
chosen

Plotline Open
FaceClaim Aisha
Review
Hi Minna, thank you for applying~ I love Joselyn, she has a personality that I don’t see very often in applyfics which I really appreciate.  I can’t see any problems with her app, so I’m super happy to say she is accepted! I think she’ll be a great addition to the cast. ^^

Plotline Open
FaceClaim Jooe
Review
Hi Audrey, Thank you for submitting another girl! Keke is so messy, but I love it. We need some pot stirrers for the show. I love how you incorporated Junghoon and it makes a lot of sense. I see no problems with her app, so I’m happy to say Keke is accepted!
Plotline Open
FaceClaim Belle
Review
Thank you for changing that~
                                                   Hi Kenzie~ First of all, thank you so much for applying an entire group! I really like the story behind ultra-violet, as sadly there are a lot of shady companies in the kpop industry who take advantage of young girl's dreams without having the resources to actually fulfil them. I also love the aspect of the company not even realising produce angel’s final group is permanent as I can see an incompetent company doing that lol.
The angst of the fact the only way their careers can continue is if they debut in the final lineup, which ultimately means they will have to separate and some will likely not succeed definitely hits emotionally.

I really feel what you were going for with Ria, a young girl who feels the need to protect and look after everyone else. Growing up too fast and took on this mother-like role despite being a child herself not long ago.


She has gone on a ton of survival shows, but I am aware that has happened to some trainees/idols. It will have the interesting story aspect of her being burnt out on survival shows, and yet competing once again.

I have a question How would people not notice her Filipino heritage while having a Filipino name?

Survival show usually use full names, even her Korean name would probably ring some bells. I’m also not sure if it’s really realistic for her rank on pd101 to drop that much just because she disclosed her ethnicity. I know South Korea can be incredibly xenophobic but I’m not sure if it would really show up in that way. But more importantly, in season 1 of pd101 international fans could vote, and usually, Filipinos will rally around and support Filipinos in other industries meaning if her Korean votes fell off, the votes she got from Filipino kpop fans would probably balance it out.

Though I understand she's had a lot of insecurities over her weight and looks in the past, which still haunts her right now. I don’t feel like it’s the ultimate center of her story meaning I don’t know if the monster is the best fit plotline-wise for her, it doesn’t matter that much given the plotlines are more meant to be a jumping-off point for ideas but if it’s okay with you I might put her under “Open”?.
Plotline The Price
FaceClaim Moon Sua
Review
I now understand what you were going for ^^                                                           I was waiting for someone to use a Billie FC. ^^ I really like Binni a lot and I wanted to accept them, but I had some concerns around their gender identity.

Quick note, even though I ask for pronouns I feel I should mention that Korean doesn’t have gendered pronouns like English like she/he/they. But they do have gendered honorifics and other gendered terms.

I’m glad to see some non-binary representation I’m just unsure if people in South Korea are even aware of it as an identity, and since Ryubin seems to have only lived in Korea I’m not sure how they would have come across this kind of identity. I may be wrong on this though, and I have to do some research into it.

I am a bit confused because though I understand that some people use multiple pronouns, the way it’s worded is that Ryubin prefers they/them and in general gender-neutral language, however throughout the app you use she/her including during the part while expressing Ryubins preference for they/them leading to me feeling a bit lost. You do the same thing while saying they prefer the name Ryubin while you still mostly refer to them as Binni.

I’m cis myself but I have multiple
non-binary friends, and though I can’t speak from their experience I just want to be aware and mindful of them. I guess my concern is that it almost feels like you wrote the app and then afterwards added the gender identity aspect, I could be totally wrong (forgive me if I am) but that's kind of how it reads as. Like an add-on rather than a crucial part of who Ryubin is.

Despite my criticisms I really like Ryubin a lot, I like their personality and I think you handled the stage freight aspect and how that was a product of abuse really well. Ryubin fits the price plotline well with most of the parts of being an idol being a fight for them, ultimately it still is the thing that brings them the most joy.

I just need clarification on their gender identity - if they’re fluid and like both pronouns and both names that's totally fine, but you wrote it in such a way that indicates a preference and yet don’t use that throughout the app leading me to feel a bit confused and makes it feels like a last-minute addition even if it wasn’t. Either clarify their identity or just remove that aspect of the app and they will be accepted. Hope you understand my concern, I love Ryubin and see a lot of potential in them and their story.
pattamawan
chosen
oh youngsun
chosen
heidi kim
chosen
hong soojoo
  chosen

Plotline The Outsider
FaceClaim Tontawan
Review
Sorry for not realising that!                                     Koi’s FC is absolutely stunning wow. Koi seems to fit the 4d role which is always needed in survival shows! And I in general find her personality very interesting.

For full disclosure, I didn’t notice any problems with her app, but my co-author Li pointed out that the majority of Thai people have nicknames that are given to them by their parents or family and are used incredibly often due to how long Thai names can be. This is usually different than the general nickname you put down Pat, as it’s often not directly related to the birthname, I think some people don’t have them but that seems like the minority, so if you could either explain why Koi didn’t end up with a thai nickname or give her one she’ll be accepted.

This is a very minor issue, but we just want to be aware of cultural practices.

I’m not very knowledgeable of the Thai culture so if I got something wrong here, I’m sorry and I’m happy to be educated!

Plotline Mask
FaceClaim Minseo
Review
Thank you for changing that <3                                                           I love Youngsun, her personality and her backstory. I was a casual fan of bonus baby and Khan so I know how many idols/trainees Maroo has screwed over. I wanted to accept Youngsun, as once again it’s a very minor issue.

 My only concern is the fact you used a real group and said Youngsun was bullied by them, I would feel more comfortable if you use bonus baby as a twin group, but make a fictional one if Youngsun experienced bullying from them. I know this is a small corner of the internet, but it’s still my preference to avoid portraying real people as bullies.
Plotline Goody Goody
FaceClaim Ireh
Review
Thank you for changing her backup fc, great choice :p                                                 Though I said I don’t mind FC's that aren’t the exact age, I do think the diffrence is more obvious in adolescence. You can keep Ireh as her main FC, but if you could change her backup to someone closer in age to her, so Li and I have the option to use a FC that is a teen if we feel it's a better fit. As Yunjin is also an adult.

Heidi is a great addition to the pd angel cast, sassy and strong-willed! I like the secret boyfriend, as I think we all know that happens a lot in kpop :p

This is a side note and doesn’t affect her status but I think in some ways Heidi would fit the outsider better than the goody goody. Since the goody goody is someone who either defends toxic elements of industry or pretends they don’t exist, it seems to me that Heidi is rebellious and refuses to follow what seniors tell her to do, which almost feels opposite to goody goody. I get when she first got into it she thought it was going to be an easy ride, but it seems to be coming clear to her that isn’t the case. And her story seems to be more about culture shock which fits the outsider. Even if she’s ethnically Korean she's not culturally. Or we could put her in the “open” plotline?
Plotline The Adored
FaceClaim Haerin
Review
Haerin is such a stunning FC! I find it kind of funny that someone from such a privileged background would end up in such a scammy company. However, I can see it happening with her being young, and naive and taking the first opportunity given to her and not really thinking it through.

She’s accepted, as there aren’t any problems with her app but I do have a question: Once her parents realised SooJoo was going to do it with or without their permission I imagined they would have suggested for her to go to a more legit company? But I suppose if they don’t like the idea of her being an idol are they just going full hands off, and thinking she should make her own decisions?
I would appreciate some clarification on her parent's mindset.

I think Soojoo is an important addition as the young visual that seems to always be present on these shows, and she is a perfect fit for the adored plotline. I also love her personality, and think it adds an interesting quality with her reserved quiet self.
Lim saeyeong
chosen
tsai linjie
chosen
skylar cho
chosen
BOO TARA
chosen

Plotline Pretty Hurts
FaceClaim Nayoung
Review
Hi again faith! Thank you for submitting another girl~I think it made a lot of sense to create a character that had to deal with the pd101 - plediz girls - Pristin - Hinapia mess it’s so heartbreaking that all those girls were so talented and really had all the qualities of amazing idols but their company couldn’t be bothered to actually stick with them.

Success wise it’s kind of similar to Yujin going on girl's planet 999, definitely with a head start and possible pity votes but not to the point of it being unfair. Saera seems to be a combination of pretty hurts and mask, the obsession and anxiety over her looks but then also the measured manufactured component of her personality, having this feeling of needing to play the role she thinks people will like. I think you did a great job with that, and it makes me want to give her a hug.

I think you handled her ED well, and I think it’s realistic to talk about that in the relation to muk bangs and how they can become harmful.

I can't see any problems with her app so Saera is accepted!

Plotline The Outside
FaceClaim Rona
Review
Hi, Darcy thanks for applying! Rona is beautiful, and I’m happy to see someone use an ily:1 FC!

Linjie definitely has my heart the reserved nature and intensity, the resentment towards the upper class. The whirlwind to live in poverty and then because of her mum becoming a mistress, she ends up involved with a wealthy family in South Korea, so much has changed in such a small amount of time. It’s hard not to feel a bit of empathy for Daeun as that happing would be incredibly hard, but just is often the case, she blames the wrong person, and takes out that anger in unhealthy ways. A complicated dynamic that would be very interesting to write about.

Ahhh, another case of nepotism! Definitely a unique angle with being the head of Netflix Korea but I like it! The fact she has very little interest in it but is doing it for her mum is something I feel if other contestants found out they would resent her for it.~

I see no problems with her app so Linjie is accepted!
Plotline Open
FaceClaim Mimi
Review
Hi Alice, thank you for applying! First of all, I want to say that you don’t need to apologise for how long it took or for how long it is. I always do have an appreciation for detailed apps and it’s clear you put a lot of thought and effort into Skylar's app, and I will always feel honoured when someone does that for a story of mine.

I completely understand that researching certain things can be triggering, if you take from your personal experiences I think it’s fine to not do research, it’s always important to put your mental health first. The main reason why I make a big deal over research is wanting to make sure people take on sensitive topics with the caution they deserve. And I definitely think you did that.

You did a great job at taking us into the life of Skylar, you created a picture of the pivotal moments of her life, the decisions she made and why. I feel like her story really captures the experiences of a lot of trainees and idols who kept on trying to reach their dreams with no success, you captured the consequence of the mental pressure of the idol industry and how that can easily cause someone to spiral.

I love her relationship with her husband, and the aspect of him being a photographer on the show I love, and it gives an opportunity for some really cute scenes. Thank you again for the detailed app, and look into Skylar's life.

I can’t see any problems with it so she is accepted!
Plotline Goody Goody
FaceClaim Jenny Park
Review
Thank you for changing that, I feel it makes more sense for her to be cast now^^

Hi again Minna, thank you for applying with another character! Jenny is such a stunning fc choice~

I really love Tara as she is a breath of fresh air, as yes we need some complicated angst but we also need some girls that are pretty normal to have a dynamic cast. Tara is normal but in a heartwarming bubbly kind of way, I can see her being the heart of the competition in a lot of ways and I can already imagine her not handling the eliminations well.

Thank you for applying a Blasian character, even though as a white person I sometimes worry about tackling these subject matters I feel with produce angel’s premise it makes sense for girls who don’t usually get a chance to get it. and sadly we know how prevalent colourism is in South Korea, and it really shows in the idol industry.

I will say I do think her taking ownership over terms like chocolate and brownie makes sense especially living in South Korea where being dark or even just being tanned is often associated with being “dirty” (I feel icky just writing that) but as a white person, I don’t know if I’d feel comfortable writing that in the story, as I know some black women find those terms to be problematic as they contribute to a history of ising and over ualising black women and black people in general. Ofc I know Tara is a minor and it’s just a cute nickname, but I just wanted to mention why I probably won't use any of the terms in the story. I feel like they are the kind of terms that should really only be reclaimed by black people themselves and though she as a character is part black, I just feel a bit weird about writing it as a white person, I hope you can get what I mean.

I want to accept her, but there is one thing I have a little problem with - is I’m presuming she was cast via tik tok? That does make sense, especially in today’s day and age. I’m actually not a tik tok user so forgive me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve gathered a lot of people have like over a million followers there and still don't have real tangible fame in real life. it seems like a follower has a lower value than say on YouTube. I just feel like 30k wouldn’t be enough if it was the primary reason for her to be cast, so if you could either give her a higher follower count or maybe another reason that would contribute to her being cast, she will be accepted!
naomi ogawa bois
chosen
ryu bitna
chosen
park nayoung
chosen
 shim AESOL
  chosen

Plotline Burnt Youth
FaceClaim Harvey
Review
Hi again, Audrey thank you for applying another girl!

Naomi has a super interesting story, I’m not that familiar with j-pop but Crusir is a fan of the company Naomi was under so she can definitely educate me!

I like the determined insensitive angle, it makes her a perfect personality for a survival show. Ngl her relationship with Ryuataro is questionable but also realistic, poor Hinata pining for her bff! All this drama and a love triangle for our girl Naomi. I’m happy to see another rapper, as we haven’t had many applicants who are~

I see no problems so Naomi is accepted!

Plotline Mask
FaceClaim Yooa
Review
Hey again Faith!

I’ve enjoyed all your apps but Ruby has really captured my heart. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit that after I saw her relationship with Junghoon I burst out laughing out loud. I was genuinely kind of shocked, in a really positive way though.

It definitely makes him feel like a straight-up creep but I’m not opposed to it.

Ruby is the kind of character I wanted to see, calculated and manipulative, but in a charismatic way~ I am here for all the drama she will bring. And I see no problems so she is accepted!
Plotline Goody Goody
FaceClaim Adora
Review
I want to say thank you for reaching out and taking on my advice, I hope to see you explore the apply fic community more and how your apps will evolve!

I feel I now have enough to work with now, I love how you incorporated both Jaehwa and Woojin~ She is accepted ^^

Hi J, thank you so much for applying and I’m honoured to be the first story you’ve applied to.

I can see potential in Nayoung and I think the parts you wrote were well written but overall there was just a lack of information. Try to think about the information the writers of the story will need to write your character.

People approach apps differently some people write short apps but with clear concise information, other people go for a more highly detailed and descriptive approach. Both are fine if there is enough information for a writer to work with.

Applyfics definitely have a learning curve, my best advice is probably to go and read through some of the apps that have been accepted/chosen (not my own characters as I still haven't finished them oops), you will notice a range in detail but it will give you a better idea of what information is needed. Here is a slightly more detailed breakdown:

- I need more exploration into her personality and some description of how it shapes her actions and decision-making as well as her feelings. The way I tend to do it is by coming up with a few traits for my character and then expand on each trait in more detail. (Like a short paragraph per trait)

- I need to know more about her relationship with kpop, and why she was cast. Generally, I want a cast that is mostly filled with people who have some level of connection to the industry (Trainee, staff, relative etc,) the outliers of some apps, is when there is a clear reason why they were cast which usually is some form of nepotism in regards to connection to someone behind the scenes.

- I would like to see at least one more relationship, which could be a friend another family member or a character on the show, like one of the mentors. You mention in a comment of her having admiration for Jo Jaehwa I think that’s a really interesting idea but you don’t mention it in the relationship section that's a perfect example of someone you can put in her relationship section and expand on. If you need more information on Jaehwa feel free to dm me ^^ 

I hope the way I explained it makes sense, if you're still struggling you can always dm me whatever questions you have and I'm happy to answer ^^
Plotline Monster
FaceClaim Jamie
Review
Hi Luna, thank you for applying two girls^^

For full transparency, I’ve always admired and looked up to your apps so I was honestly quite excited when I found out you were submitting to my story. And you definitely didn’t disappoint!

I'm super happy you took on the monster plotline, as I feel it's a very prevlent issue in the kpop industry and I think you handled it with great sensitivity. The frustration and resentment over being so talented and skilled and that just not being enough. The fact idols will get hate for not being pretty enough but then if they get plastic surgery they get hate for that too, there is truly no winning. Aesol has so much to unpack a story arc ready to unfold.

Poor Aesol being in unrequited love, you're breaking my heart here :( but you created a great lot of nuisance for how Aesol can’t help but both resent and love Ryuyi, it’s such a good example of how human feelings can be so messy and frustrating. I also feel it’s not an uncommon experience for sapphic women to have a combination of both wanting to be and be with their crush, especially when first discovering uality, desire can get mixed in with jealousy easily.

Aesol feels incredibly real, and you did a fantastic job at making her feel alive.
I couldn't see any problems so she's accepted ^^
  nam ryuyi
 chosen
morioka Haruka chosen
nguyen savannah
Pending
 morimoto anzu
chosen

Plotline Sinner
FaceClaim Jane
Review
Ryuyi is incredibly likeable and charming, which definitely plays into why Aesol has such complicated feelings towards her.

I think you did a great job with her backstory, it made me think of demi's line from their recent song "eat me" /Try to be y, but don't be too ual/ the strange element where women are so often hyper-ualised by others but somehow taking ownership of their own uality is too much.

It does get even murkier with the complicated element of choice feminism, and if when women are so often taught that their value is in their body for so long is it truly a choice to then embrace that? I don't think there is a clear-cut answer. Regardless though, it should never be shamed.

I loved what you wrote about her dynamic with Yerim, it's an interesting storyline to explore and I feel it’s a very real dynamic of people with the same values but different in how they approach them. I think you did a great contrast with how Ryuyi is really a textbook-perfect idol in a lot of ways, but doesn’t really have the passion for it anymore and is really only on the show to support Aesol. Their relationship just feels so real, so close but so messy.

I could see Ryuyi being incredibly popular on a survival show if it wasn’t for that one controversial element :p.

I totally understand your struggle with talent twins, I think with your added notes it's fine but we can talk about it more in dms if you want^^ No problems with Ryuyi's app, so she is accepted as well~

Plotline Open
FaceClaim Akina
Review
Thank you for the info on 8seasons, she is now accepted!

Hi, again Alice! thank you for applying another character.~

First of all, I wanted to say her love for rap and hip hop combined with her love for vintage fashion is really cool. I love her personality, it’s definitely good to have more mood-makers in the cast! I like that she's so authentically herself and doesn’t care what others think. the element of her mainly going on the show to support Skylar is really cute ^^

I debated back and forth on whether to accept her or put her on pending as my issue is very minor, and I worry maybe it's on me and poor comprehension.

But I don’t entirely understand what 8seasons is, I really appreciate the effort you put into making it feel like a real project group. But I don’t really understand why/how/when it came to be. You also talk as if the girls in 8seasons have been friends forever but it seems to be a recent project?

Just an additional question, Haruka seems to have no history in the kpop industry so did she get cast on the show because of being a well-known YouTuber and her preparing to debut in 8seasons?

I apologize if I missed something but I hope you don't mind giving me more info on 8seasons as well as why she was cast and then she will be accepted ^^.
Plotline Untalented
FaceClaim Hanni
Review
Hi Jess, I’m so sorry for how long it took me to get these reviews out. Thank you for applying !

I love how Savannah’s personality is very distinct she has clear flaws but is still likeable. She has a good personality for tv, her being a fan girl and a bit of a Koreaboo. I like the detail of her being vegan. I feel like Savannah is like a mix of the untalented and goody-goody plotline, which I love.

I wasn’t sure if I should put her on pending or not, since the issues are very minor but I just feel it’s probably simpler this way.

There are just a couple of things I need clarification on, and then she’ll be accepted!

The first thing is that middle school isn't a thing in Australia. I know it's a small detail but so we can adjust to be more accurate were you meaning her being around 12/13 years old? That would be year 7 in Australia ^^


I just wanted to mention as a bit of aside, that Kpop was already quite popular in Australia around the time she would have been that age. KCON happened in Australia in 2017 when she would have been in year 7, BTS came and had their Sydney concert that was massive. But it is still believable to me that she could have been one of the few people in her school that liked kpop, as things like that can vary so much from school to school. So nothing around this needs to be changed, I just wanted to give context that being a K-pop fan in Australia at that time wouldn’t have been that odd.

The other thing is I was wondering how she was cast for the show. I understand her being a big hit trainee is a big deal, but since she went back to Australia how did the casting team notice her? You mentioned dance covers, is that how they found her?


This won’t affect her being accepted, but it would also be nice to see some more information about her audition for big hit  ^^

Once those two things are clarified she’ll be accepted <3

Thank you again for applying (and letting me know the birthdate was missing TT so sorry bout that).
Plotline The Adored
FaceClaim Kazuha
Review
Ooo, a two-faced mean girl I love it! I feel she's a character that could either soften and improve or get nastier. Considering I want to explore on and off-screen personas Anzu is great for that and as an addition to the cast in general.

Though it does make me think I might have to do a fictional ranking slightly different to the readers, as I like the idea of her being liked by viewers and I don’t know how readers will feel about her lol.

A product of her environment she's a victim of the system but she's continuing that toxic cycle.

And though kazuah seems like a sweetheart, it’s a great fc choice given the love she's garnered from the gp. (+ the elegent image)

Her backstory with Giselle is very interesting, I feel like you did show her softer side, by how she was genuinely happy for her. That they’re obviously people she can value, and will not judge in the same manner, but how her words directed at others would still bounce back on them.

I see no problem with her app so I’m super happy to say she's accepted. Thank you Jess for applying two great characters to the story!
kang SIRA
pending
Jeon sohee
chosen
cha hyerin
chosen
lee yiyoung
chosen

Plotline Open
FaceClaim Youngeun
Review
Hi Dime, thanks for applying! I really like Sira and I think she has a lot of potential, but for me to give justice to her character I was wondering if you could expand on some details a bit more?

I like what you have written for her personality, but I think if it was just expanded on a little more I’d be able to write her better. I’d like to know more about her years at KQ and how that affected her emotionally. I do really like the detail of the company investing their money in a boy group instead, as sadly that definitely happens :( Also since the kpop girl group Berry good debuted in 2014 could you give them a different name? It could be as simple as "KQ girls".

I really like the idea of her relationship with Yuna, but I want to be able to understand it more. I know that there is barely any information on Yuna making it hard. Admittedly I didn’t want to give too much away about her for story reasons, but we could talk in the dms so you know a bit more about Yuna. I’m struggling to work out how they could have even met, which is making it a bit tricky for me to write.

I’ll be honest this was a hard review for me to write as there is nothing really wrong with the app, it’s just for me to have the confidence to write Sira’s character I just feel I need a little bit more info/detail.

I hope you can understand that, feel free to reach out to my dm’s and we could partly do it that way if you'd rather. :)

Plotline The Insider
FaceClaim Somi
Review
Thanks for changing those details ^^

Hi Fei, thanks for applying! Sohee being the identical twin to somi is a very unique idea that I appreciate.

I like that she does feel jealousy towards her sister even if she doesn’t let that affect her actions. I do like the fact she worked as a manager and in the behind-scenes role, and given how the industry works it’s believable to be she would get the position.

Unfortunately, there are just some details I need to be adjusted and clarified for her to be accepted.

The backup face claim you chose is Chinese when shes not Chinese. so could you please change that? I understand her character is a bit reliant on her face claim, but maybe try thinking of her fc as if she was a fraternal twin to somi rather than identical?

Could you also clarify how fluent she is in the languages she knows? Also why she moved to Canada to go to boarding school since it seems like a very sudden choice.

I don’t mind her standing in for somi for brief appearances but I think performances are extending the suspension of disbelief a little too much for me, since she would have to know all the choreography with the backup dances.

You say she is signed to the black label and they put her on the show, but the debut group for this show is permanent. So it’s unlikely many companies would want to put trainees on the show unless maybe they’ve completely lost interest in them/ a very desperate last-ditch effort to get a promotion which only works for small companies. The only thing I can think of is the black label having an elaborate plan for her to leave partway through the show as a publicity stunt.

I do think there is potential in sohee’s character especially when it comes to being stuck in the shadow of somi. So once these things are cleared up she will be accepted <3
Plotline The Rejected
FaceClaim Goeun
Review
Hi Ningning thanks for applying two girls! Sorry that it took me a while to get these reviews up.

Hyerin is such an interesting character. The way you wrote her personality section was very in-depth and makes me feel like I know her. All the trivia you added also helps flesh her out even more.

It's cute Yiyoung and Hyerin are pretty much opposites in most ways, but have developed such a close friendship.

The resentment she has towards trainees and idols who lack skill/talent is very interesting and a great recipe for conflict. I like her dynamic with Aeri and the similarities between Aeri and Somin, Hyerin having to reevaluate her judgments has great story potential.

Her rivalry and past with Mari is a very fun storyline in the making :)

I love the detail of her being a bit of a social climber using friendships with notable trainees to gain attention from the company's heads.

Hyerin explores the rejected plotline so well and is a good example of some of the kinds of stories I wanted to tell. The fact There are so many talented trainees out there who could be perfect idols, but luck and other factors prevent them from reaching their dreams.

And of course, a company attempts to debut a group without the real funds a story as old as time. After all that time in the dungeons of big companies, it makes sense she’d just want to take the risk of an unestablished company if it gave her a chance to be on stage.

I love that she has trained under the big 3. Hyerin is a great character, with some notable flaws, but also has a story that makes it hard not to route for her success I’m happy to say she's accepted!
Plotline The Insider
FaceClaim Jisun
Review
It's great to see another character that has leadership qualities, as that's important to have in the cast!

Her being a trainee from a young age makes sense why she has become an older sister figure to others in the industry. It also leads to the struggle to be strong in herself, and letting others walk over her. A sort of dilemma of someone who’s been so used to not taking up space, and putting others first, but still wanting to be a star.

Her friendship with Aeri is so cute <3

Since her family is so dance-focused I can’t help but feel curious if she ever felt pressured to pursue it. And since she's so close to her brother I’m curious about what her relationship with her parents is like?

You’ve given me a great storyline with her developing a friendship with Yerim. Yiyoung who is a people pleaser is drawn to someone who has decisive views and is unapologetically herself.

I love that Yiyoung and Hyuna have an established connection, and how that could lead to jealousy from other contestants and potentially accusations of bias.

Ooo boy the potential romance with Woojin is very spiceyyy. I love it though, give me that drama! Though I will say that due to a past that is to be revealed- Woojin would probably be very hesitant to pursue anything with Yiyoung, and would probably feel kind of ty if he developed feelings for her in the first place. Not saying it won't happen, but it will def be on the angsty side, and may not end happily. ( though anything can happen!)

A great exploration of the insider plotline, a trainee stuck in the role of a backup dancer but has the desire to be an idol is super interesting. I’m happy to say Yiyoung is also accepted! :)
CAI YILIN
chosen
 gal hyanggi
Chosen
Ri soyi
chosen
nAME
sTATUS

PlotlinE Untalented
FaceClaim Zhao Lusi
Review
Hi belle, Thanks for applying ^^
After watching YWY2 I developed a soft spot for Esther, and Yilin definitely gives off similar vibes <3

It’s sad that despite having trained for a long time her skills are still not up to par, but that leads to quite a unique story. Yilin is a great exploration of the untalented plotline. I see no issues with the app so I’m happy to say Yilin is accepted and will be a lovely addition to the cast <3

My only thing is I feel the difference in age between Yilin and Esther might be a bit too much, but I feel your backup Kyulkyung almost seems visually opposite to Esther- so I hope it is okay, but I’ve DM'd you to talk about this more in detail, but this won't affect Yilin’s status.

Plotline Open
FaceClaim Jeewon
Review
Hi rosca, thanks so much for applying!

I loved the focus on how Hyanggi is perceived vs who she really is. I have a soft spot for characters that are undermined due to not coming off as unintelligent to other people, especially when that judgment ends up being largely untrue, so I really felt for her about the bit about people making digs at her intelligence and her laughing along with it but actually feeling hurt. It's clear she has a lot of emotional intelligence that is sadly missed by many, as a lot of the time people have a very narrow view of what it means to be "intelligent"

I appreciate you mentioning how her body shape affected how she was perceived concept wise as that is a really big problem :(

Depressing to hear about how much one bad teacher destroyed her confidence, but I know it's a story many can relate to. Despite going through a lot of hardships when training, I think it was refreshing how you focused on her friendship with the other trainees. Sisterhood for the win :p I loved that you made her a WM trainee, what happened is heartbreaking for those trainees, and I think the way you described the impact of that on her and the rest of them is very realistic.

The subverting of expectations around her backstory is a great direction as well, I love her relationship with her parents and their support/ concern for her.

I like her perspective on streaming and her viewers, that conversation around loneliness, that desire for companionship. I’m sure a lot of her viewers, are respectful, but man that Junghoon drop. the idea he’s using this to get personally close to her is definitely a bit insidious, but it makes sense. Junghoon being someone with power, utilised it to get close to her.

I like the scene ideas you put in the notes ^^! I couldn't see any problems with her app so I'm happy to say she's accepted, and a great addition to the cast  <3


 
Plotline The Price
FaceClaim Dayeon
Review
Thanks for clarifying that! She’s accepted now<3

Hi, Bubba thanks so much for applying!

First of all, I really appreciated the route you took with her ED, as it felt very real and done with sensitivity. I had a friend mention the constant praise she received for being skinny caused her to have body image issues. it’s something I have thought about idols, that praise on their bodies can sometimes be very damaging.

Her personality makes a lot of sense with her background and upbringing. I can imagine her in my head, and I think she’d have a very interesting POV, with a good mix of positive and negative traits

Her neglectful parents leading to the yearning for attention also makes sense. At such a young age having the idea that she’ll receive attention when doesn’t eat, and praise when she is thin is going to cause major issues in her psyche. How she was pitted against the other trainees as something to aspire to, of course, would make her feel pressured, as well as lead to resentment from the other trainees

As someone diagnosed with ocd I did find myself relating to aspects of Soyi’s worry and mindset, which is kind of surprising since I don’t have compulsions relating to cleaning or organisation.

I  appreciate the note about her trying to eat, I understand recovery isn’t easy and her motivations aren’t exactly healthy but it’s encouraging to know she is at least trying

Man how she was recruited was so creepy, but I believe it. The stuff kpop company recruiters get away with is genuinely insane.

There are almost no issues with the app, I really like Soyi but to have full confidence in writing her I just need these two things clarified:

I’m a bit confused because I don’t think JYP lets their trainees have public SNS accounts, was it private but she accepted strangers following it? While keeping it hidden from jype?
I also don’t fully understand her presence online, you gave her a large number of followers so it would help to have a clearer idea of her online influence.

I just want to double-check this sentence “she isn't diagnosed ocd, but it isn't severe.” I just wanted to make sure you didn’t mean she is diagnosed.

I kind of hate putting her on pending for such minor issues, but I feel it's more straightforward this way. Once these are clarified she'll be accepted and a great addition to the cast!.
Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here 
nAME
sTATUS
nAME
sTATUS
nAME
sTATUS
nAME
sTATUS

Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here

Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here
Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here
Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here 
nAME
sTATUS
nAME
sTATUS
nAME
sTATUS
nAME
sTATUS

Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here

Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here
Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here
Plotline Here
FaceClaim Here
Review
Here 
Coded by crusir