EPILOGUE

TRAP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol stops his jog and looks at the sunrise. He forms a smile to watch that view again. For the past 7 months, every single days, this is his morning view, except if it raining on that day. After watching the sunrise, he continues the jog towards the home. He really likes the sound of the beach, the wind and also the view of the sunrise that he always meet every morning.

It has been a year since that day. The day when his world crush, the day Baekhyun left him with Sehun. And it is already been 7 months since he left EXO, giving it to Kai and Kyungsoo to manage and he starts to get use of his new life as Park Chanyeol.

When he arrives at home, the men that are guarding his house bow to him. This is the only one that still stay with him even he already quit mafia world. Kai and Kris sent him some men to guard him 5 months ago because someone broke into his house and tries to kill him. Luckily he manages to wake up before the killer could kill him in the middle of night.

Chanyeol walks into the house and goes straight to the kitchen. “Morning, Ahjmuma.” He greets the Ahjuma who is preparing his breakfast and also the breakfast to his guards.

“Morning, Chanyeol.” The Ahjuma said. “How is your jog?”

“As usual.” Chanyeol said, opening the fridge and takes a bottle of water and drink it.

“Oh right, your friend call last night and said that they will come over.” The Ahjuma said.

Chanyeol looks at her. “My friend? Which one?” he asked.

“Kai.” The Ahjuma replied. “So, I need to go out to the market later and buy some food to prepare for them.”

Chanyeol nods. “mmm… Okay.” He said. “I will go upstairs first. You can give the men outside to eat first if I take too long with the shower.”

“Yes.” The Ahjuma nods.

Then, Chanyeol just left the empty bottle on the island and he walks out from the kitchen, goes upstairs. As he enters his room, he takes off his sweater and also the tank top that he is wearing, throwing them to the laundry bucket. He opens the sliding door to the balcony and let the wind enters the room that makes the curtain fly a bit to the wind. He stands in front of the balcony and smile to watch the beach.

He closes his eyes and enjoy the wind from the beach hitting his body. The sound of the beach also fill his ears, he likes how the sound of the waves hitting the sandy beach make his heart feels so calm.

“YAH PARK ING CHANYEOL!!!”

Chanyeol gets his eyes wide open. “What is that?” He asked. Did he hear it wrong? He sure he hears a very familiar voice, a voice that he misses so much. He steps outside to the balcony and checks the surrounding. “Where did that voice come from?” It is real? Or it is just his imagination? He keeps looking for the owner of the voice, but he could not see him. After couple of minutes, he sighs and puts his head down.

“What am I thinking? There is no way he will be here… He must be so happy with Sehun now…” Chanyeol said. Then, he turns around and walks back into the room. He goes to the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. He looks at his chest. He gets a tattoo with Hyunnie’s name on it.

After Baekhyun left, he tries to sleep around again just like how before he met Baekhyun, but that Angel totally left a big affect him. He can’t even touch any other woman even man. He can’t even get drunk with his own feeling because he has a high tolerance with alcohol. Finally, he just gives up and decide to go on with it. He makes himself busy with hand over the EXO to Kai and on his last day as EXO’s leader, he got a tattoo which is Baekhyun’s name, right on his chest.

He builds this beach house for him and Baekhyun. After their first night encounter at the club and plan to take Baekhyun to his house, he decides to build this house with the plan that he will come here after he retired from EXO and live with Baekhyun inside of their own bubble of love and happiness. But, it seems like the dream already vanish away. He is here but alone, not with his beloved little Angel.

“Hyunnie… are you happy now?”

___

“Why did you guys all are here?” Chanyeol asked while eating. It is during lunch that the EXO finally arrive. Well, he is happy that they come and visit, but they rarely come together like this at the same time.

“Why? Can’t we?” Xiumin asked.

“We just miss you, Hyung.” Tao said with a big grin on his smile.

“Well, I just want to come alone, but they want to tag along.” Kai said.

Chanyeol smiles and shook his head. “Of course you guys can come. But, if all of you here, who is taking care the house at Seoul?”

“mmm… Like twenty of our men.” Kyungsoo said. “They will take turn from morning and night. It’s not like you don’t know about that.” Of course there are lot of EXO’s men that are taking care of the house now.

“Oh right. I forgot that all of you are part of a gang.” Chanyeol said with a smile. He continues to eat before he looks at Tao. “Tao ah, I think this is the first time you come after I move here.”

Tao turns to Chanyeol. “Oh… I…”

“He was a bit busy.” Kai said.

“mmm… I am a bit busy.” Tao replied.

Chanyeol nods. “Okay… Just eat. Later, let’s go and get some tan at the beach.”

“Yeah! Let’s play at the beach!” Chen said excitedly.

Chanyeol just smile and he continues to eat. At least he is not alone today, his family is here to accompany him.

Kai’s phone rings that makes Kai puts down the chopstick and takes out his phone from inside of his pocket. “Oh…”

“Who?” Chanyeol asked and glances at Kai.

“Hyunman Ahjushi.” Kai said. He answers the call.

“Oh…” Chanyeol nods and continues to eat. Hyunman, Baekhyun’s dad.

“Hello, Ahjushi?” Kai places the phone on his ear. “Oh… Yes, I am at Yeol Hyung’s house.” He looks over at Chanyeol and listen to Hyunman from the other side. “Oh… I see… When is the wedding?”

Chanyeol stops eating when he hears the word ‘wedding’, but he does not look at Kai.

“Okay, we will be there.” Kai said and end the phone call. He looks at Chanyeol. “Ahjushi say hi to you.”

Chanyeol nods. “mmm…”

“What he was talking about? I heard you said wedding? Is that rumors true?” Chen asked.

Chanyeol looks at Chen. Somehow he afraid to know about this wedding.

“mmm… I guess it is true.” Kai said and looks away from Chanyeol.

“So, Hyunnie is getting married?” Tao asked.

“Tao...” Xiumin pinches Tao’s thigh under of the table that makes Tao startled and groans.

Chanyeol totally stop eating now. “Hyunnie is getting married? With who? Sehun?” he asked inside of his head.

Kai looks at Chanyeol. “Hyung…” He sound a bit guilty.

Chanyeol looks at Kai. “Why?” He asked and smiles to him, try to not show that he affect with what he just heard.

“mmm… Are you okay?” Kai asked.

“I am fine. I already move over from him. He left me to be with Sehun, so why would I still think about him?” Chanyeol asked and he continues to eat again. Everyone stays silent at the table. They even glare at Tao. Chanyeol looks at them. “What are you guys doing? Come on and eat. My Ahjuma prepared these food for you guys to eat.”

“Yes…” They reply and start to eat again.

____

Chanyeol walks down from upstairs and looks for everyone. The house is empty so he assume that everyone is outside. He walks to the door towards the terrace and spots the others there. He walks to them and about to walk out, but he stops when he hears what they are talking about. He hides beside of the door and listen to them.

“You should not say that, Tao! Look at how sad he is earlier.” Kai said.

“I am sorry… It just slipped out from my mouth.” Tao replied.

“You should not scold him. This is also Chanyeol’s fault.” Kyungsoo said. “If he listen to us when we told him to go and look for Hyunnie, he and Hyunnie might be still together now.”

“I also think so.” Chen said.

“Soo…” Kai looks at Kyungsoo.

“It is the truth, Kai. Whenever we talk about Hyunnie, he will told us to shut up, told us to not talk about him. This is his own fault.” Kyungsoo said.

“Right… Who know that Hyunnie actually waiting for him at the States.” Chen said.

“Guys… Let’s not talk about this. What if Yeol Hyung heard us?” Kai asked.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and he folds his arms on his chest. “Whatever…”

Chanyeol leans his back on the wall. “Why would he wait for me if he already has Sehun over there?” he asked. He wants to go out to them, but he knows, if he comes out now, it will be awkward. He walks back to the stairs and go upstairs.

 

____

“dasi taeeonandamyeon
dasi saranghandamyeon
geu ttaeneun uri ireoji marayo
jogeum deol mannago jogeum deol gidaehamyeo”

If we’re born again, if we love again
Let’s not do this again
Let’s meet a little less
Let’s hope a little less

Kai could hear Chanyeol sings while playing the guitar. He walks to the balcony and takes a peek at the Giant, sitting there. Chanyeol saw him and stop singing and looks at him.

“Kai… sit here with me.” Chanyeol said.

Kai nods. He sits beside of Chanyeol and looks up to the night sky. “So… How are you lately, Hyung? Is there anyone tries to break in and kill you again?”

“No.” Chanyeol said. “Plus, there are the men who are guarding the house, Kai. It would be hard for anyone to break in.”

Kai nods. “That is good to hear.”

“What about you? How is EXO?” Chanyeol asked.

“Everything is great. You know, since we stop the war between us and The Lee, other gangs could not even dare to think to attack us or something. We are quite strong now, Hyung.” Kai replied.

Chanyeol nods. “It is great, then…” Then, he plays his guitar again.

Kai looks at Chanyeol. “Hyung…”

“mmm?” Chanyeol respond while playing his guitar.

“Do you really… already move on from Hyunnie?” Kai asked.

Chanyeol stops playing, he does not looks at Kai but he just looks straight.

“It is not too late if you want to go and crash his wedding.” Kai said.

“Then?” Chanyeol turns to Kai. “What will happen if I crash his wedding? Will he come back to me?” he asked. “He already left me, Kai. If he decides to get married with anyone, it’s mean that he already happy and completely forget me. So, why would I bother?”

“So, you are not going to do anything?” Kai asked.

Chanyeol shook his head. “No.” He goes back to playing his guitar.

“Then… At least answer me honestly.” Kai said. “Do you still love him?” He asked.

Chanyeol stops playing again, but he does not look at Kai.

“You still love him, right Hyung?” Kai asked.

“Kai… Let’s not talk about this.” Chanyeol said and stands up.

Kai also stands up. “You still love him, don’t you, Hyung?” he asked.

Chanyeol walks into his room and ignores Kai. He places his guitar beside of the bed.

“Tell me, Hyung. You still love him, right? You still love Hyunnie, right?” Kai asked.

“Yes!” Chanyeol shouts. He turns around. “I still love him! There! Satisfy?!” He asked, anger written everywhere on his face. “But, what can I do, Kai? He left me. He ing left me! And now, he is getting married! What do you expect me to do? Go and crash his wedding?”

“What happen?” Kyungsoo suddenly appears at the door.

“Hyung… you should fight for your feeling.” Kai said.

“If he is happy, then there is no need for me to fight.” Chanyeol replied.

Kai looks away from Chanyeol. “You are just a coward. You should fight for him and steal him back from Sehun just as how you did back then.”

Chanyeol arches his eyebrow. “What did you just say?” He asked.

Kai turns back at Chanyeol. “Coward.”

“Kim Jongin!” Chanyeol shouts and he steps to Kai and punches him that makes Kai falls on the floor.

“Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo shouts and runs into the room.

The others also come and looks at the scene.

“Say it again, Kai! Say it!” Chanyeol shouts and about to punch Kai again.

“Enough! Stop!” Kyungsoo stops Chanyeol.

The others also walks into the room and stops Chanyeol. Tao goes to Kai and help him to stand up,

“Chanyeol! Stop!” Kyungsoo shouts.

Chanyeol pushes Kyungsoo away and he looks at everyone. “Everyone get out! Leave my house now! Leave!”

“Fine! We are leaving!” Kyungsoo shouts. He walks to Kai and takes him from Tao. “Let’s go, let him die here all alone.” He said and pulls Kai out from there.

Tao, Chen and Xiumin look at each other before they look at Chanyeol.

“You guys too… Leave…” Chanyeol said.

Xiumin sighs, he grabs Chen’s hand and leave. Tao watches Chanyeol before he also leaves. After everyone left, Chanyeol slowly sits on the bed. He sighs and rubs his face with his palm. His eyes gather tears.

“Do you guys think I don’t want to fight for him? Do you guys think I am happy all alone here? I just don’t want to ruin his happiness… He already left me… He ing left me…”

____

The house is so quiet. The men are outside of the house, guarding the house. The Ahjuma already goes back to her house since she does not stay there. Chanyeol stays in the dark and looks up to the ceiling of his room. He keeps thinking about what had happened today, about Baekhyun, about s and finally about himself. It is three in the morning and he could not sleep at all.

“Maybe I should just die…” Chanyeol said. He sighs and closes his eyes. He tries to sleep, but of course he can’t. For about an hour, he just stay still, closing his eyes, trying to sleep but he just can’t. Then, he hears someone opens the door. “Oh… Who is that?” he asked inside of his head. Everyone already left because of the fight earlier.

Chanyeol could hear the footsteps that is coming closer to him. “Is that a killer? Is he going to kill me?” he asked inside of his head. He stays in guard and get ready to fight back whoever this person is. He does not even bother to open his eyes to check who that is.

Then, he feels that person holding his neck. His eyes get wide open and quickly holds the wrist of the man that is holding him and he gets up and pulls the man onto the bed and get on top of him.

“Who are you?!” Chanyeol shouts. “Who send you?”

“ughh.. it is painful… Yah, Park Chanyeol!”

“Oh…” Chanyeol knows this voice.

“Yah! It is hurt!” The voice said again.

Chanyeol moves to the side. He takes the remote control on the drawer beside of the bed and he switches on the light and looks at the smaller who is now on the bed w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter