THE TRUTH

TRAP
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, do you find out where did he get the drug?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes.” Kai nods. “The drug he gave for Hyunnie is the limited edition drug.”

“So, where did he get it?” Chanyeol asked.

Kai looks at Tao who also kind of waiting for his answer before he turns back to Chanyeol. “Us, EXO.” He answered.

“What? Seriously?” Tao asked.

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, Hyung. The drug is the limited edition and only us in South Korea that have the drug.” Kai said. “Now, it does make sense, Hyung. He drugged Hyunnie when he was at our club, remember? He must get the drug from there and he puts it into Hyunnie’s drink.”

“Woah… That is making our work easier.” Chanyeol said. “Have you check the record?”

“I did, yes they got it from us and another drug also he got from us. But, I don’t know to whom he gives the drug to.” Kai said.

“Maybe Sehun.” Tao said.

“Maybe.” Kai shrugs his shoulders. He turns back to Chanyeol “So, what is your plan now? We got all the proof. Don’t you think we should tell Hyunnie now?”

“mmm…” Chanyeol nods. “We need to tell him, but…” He looks at Tao.

“I already have a plan, Hyung.” Tao said.

“Are you sure it will work?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes.” Tao said. “It will help to clear Hyunnie’s name at once. I just need to check how it work.”

“Okay.” Chanyeol nods. “We will proceed to your plan after you confirm everything.”

Tao nods. At last, they will clear Baekhyun’s name and finally lifting the veil of Luhan’s fakeness. “I can’t wait to tell Hyunnie to clear back his name. Soon, people will stop insulting him.” Tao said excitedly.

“Just confirm with your plan first, then we will tell him everything. But, we can’t tell him your plan. It need to be in secret.” Chanyeol said.

“Yes, Hyung.” Tao nods.

Then, someone knocks the door. They turn to the door and Baekhyun opens it from outside, take a peek of the inside.

“Baby~ Why? Do you need something?” Chanyeol asked from his table.

“Are you busy?” Baekhyun asked with a smile on his face.

“No, we are done here. Come in, Baby.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun nods and he enters the study. “What are you guys doing?” he asked.

“Oh, we just talk about some business matter.” Chanyeol said.

“mmm, we will leave first, Hyung.” Kai said and want to give some privacy to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Sure.” Chanyeol nods.

“Then, we will excuse ourselves first.” Kai said. He smiles to Baekhyun before he walks to the door. Tao also smile to Baekhyun and pats his shoulder before he leave.

“What were you three talked about?” Baekhyun asked after Tao and Kai left.

“Oh, nothing important, Baby.” Chanyeol said. “Come here, Baby. I miss you.” He opens his arm for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun smiles and he walks to the other side and sits on Chanyeol’s lap before hugging the Giant. “I miss you too.” He said.

Chanyeol wraps his hands around Baekhyun’s small figure. Well, the last time they see each other was like during the dinner earlier which is like 30 minutes ago. That is a long time for them to miss each other so much.

Baekhyun places his head on Chanyeol’s chest, listening to his heartbeat. “I like the sound of your heartbeat, it makes me calm.”

“I love everything about you because you make me feel love.” Chanyeol said and he kisses Baekhyun’s crown.

Baekhyun chuckles. “Okay, you win.”

“Yeah~” Chanyeol also chuckle and rubs Baekhyun’s back.

Then, they just hug each other for couple of minutes in silence. They could hear nothing but each other breathing and heartbeat. “Yeollie…” Baekhyun calls Chanyeol’s name, breaking the silence.

“mmmm?” Chanyeol respond.

“Can you come with me this weekend?” Baekhyun asked.

“To where?” Chanyeol asked.

“I want to go and see… my parent.” Baekhyun said.

“Your parent?” Chanyeol asked. “You want me to go with you?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun lifts his head and looks at Chanyeol. “I want to talk with them. I want to let they know that I already know the truth.”

“Will you be okay?” Chanyeol asked.

“I will be okay if you are there with me.” Baekhyun replied.

Chanyeol forms a smile and caresses Baekhyun’s cheek. “Okay, I will go with you.”

“Thank you, Yeollie.” Baekhyun said and he hugs Chanyeol’s neck and moves closer, closing the space between them before their lips meet and they share a very passionate kiss.

____

Luhan’s room is in mess. He keeps on searching everywhere, but he can’t find the book that he writes about Sehun. “Damn… Where is that ing book?” he asked after he can’t find it. “I never take it out from here, though. Where it is?” He tries to look under of hid bed, lifting his mattress and more, but he can’t find it.

“, if someone find that book… Sehun will know that I actually stalk him and that Baekhyun…” Luhan stops. Of course he remembers what is inside of the book. If anyone see it, he will be totally death.

“Aish… I need to look for it…” Luhan said and continue to look for the book around his house.

____

Chanyeol stops the car and park it right in front of the big house of Baekhyun’s family. He turns to the side and could see that Baekhyun seem so worry and seem like he is out of his mind. He takes Baekhyun’s hand and hold it tightly.

Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol. “Yeollie…”

“We are here.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun turns to the other side and he could see his family’s house. “Are you okay, Baby?” Chanyeol asked and kind of worry.

Baekhyun turns back to Chanyeol. “I am okay… You are here with me. So, of course I will be okay.”

Chanyeol smiles and he pulls Baekhyun closer for a hug. “Don’t worry, Baby. I will always be at your side. No matter what happen, I will always be there for you. I am not going to let you face all your hard time alone.”

Baekhyun replies the hug too. To be inside of Chanyeol’s strong embrace totally make him calm. “Thank you, Yeollie.”

“It is my pleasure, Baby. You don’t need to thanks me.” Chanyeol replied.

Baekhyun just stay inside of Chanyeol’s embrace for couple more minutes after he finally ready to go inside of the house, face his parent and ask them the truth. They get out from the car and walk straight to the gate and go the door. When Baekhyun is about to open the door, he takes a deep breath again and Chanyeol grabs his hand, ensure him that he is there with him.

Baekhyun smiles to Chanyeol and he finally presses the passcode and opens the door. “Let’s go…” He said and walk into the house with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol follows from behind and he scans the house. The house is just like a normal house and it is kind of quiet. It seems like no one is around.

“Oh! Hyunnie!” A lady that seem around forties walk out from somewhere, holding a bucket of laundry.

Baekhyun turns to him. “Ahjuma.” He smiles to him.

“You are home.” The Ahjuma said and walks to Baekhyun. “Why you did not tell me that you are coming? At least, I can prepare some food for you.”

“It is okay, Ahjuma. I already had my lunch.” Baekhyun said.

“Really? Then, are you going to sleep over? I will prepare your favorite food for dinner.” The Ahjuma said.

“No.” Baekhyun shook. “I will go home later.”

“Come on, just stay for dinner.” The Ahjuma said.

“mmm… I…” Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol. Chanyeol just smile and nods.

“Who is this handsome man, your friend?” The Ahjuma asked.

Chanyeol smiles to her. “Anyeonghaseyo.” He bows to her. “My name is Park Chanyeol and I am…” he looks at Baekhyun. “His friend.”

“Oh…” The Ahjuma nods her head.

“No, he is my boyfriend.” Baekhyun said and hugs Chanyeol’s arm. Chanyeol surprises. He thought, Baekhyun want to keep their relationship as secret.

“Owh? Really? What about Sehun?” The Ahjuma asked.

“Well, thing did not work out well with him.” Baekhyun said. “But, it is okay. Yeollie is better than him.”

“Well, it is okay whoever you date, Hyunnie. As long as you are happy.” The Ahjuma said.

“I am indeed happy, Ahjuma.” Baekhyun said.

“I am glad to hear that.” The Ahjuma said.

Baekhyun smiles and he looks to upstairs. “Ahjuma… Are Omma and Appa home?”

“Yes. They are in their room. Would you like to see them? They just come home from London last night.” The Ahjuma said.

“Yes. I would like to meet them. If they are free, can you call for them to come downstairs?” Baekhyun asked.

“Sure. I will go and call them.” The Ahjuma said and she walks to the stairs and go upstairs.

Baekhyun smiles and he turns to Chanyeol. “Friend? Who is your friend?” He asked and a bit mad because Chanyeol addressed him as friend.

Chanyeol forms a smile. “Mianhei, I thought you want to keep our relationship as secret.”

“They know about me being gay, Yeollie.” Baekhyun said, still holding Chanyeol’s arm and lead the way to the living room. “They did not mind about it.”

“That’s great. Then, I will introduce myself as your boyfriend to your parent.” Chanyeol said.

“Okay.” Baekhyun said. They sit down on the sofa at the living room and wait for Baekhyun’s parent to come down.

The Ahjuma comes down first. “They will come down soon, Hyunnie. I will go and prepare something for you.”

“Thank you, Ahjuma.” Baekhyun said.

“Yes.” The Ahjuma walks to the kitchen and takes the bucket that she left behind earlier.

“So…” Chanyeol looks around the living room and stops at the family portrait of Baekhyun. He could see that Baekhyun is kind of too young in the photo, maybe when he was ten. “This is your house?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun nods. “I moved here like… 8-7 years ago. Then, I move out after I attend college.”

“I see.” Chanyeol nods. “Can I see your room later?” He asked.

“Sure.” Baekhyun replied. “Why? What you want to see? There is nothing much inside my room, Yeollie. Most of my things are at my house now.” He remembers about his apartment. It has been a while since he left the apartment. He still remembers he left a lot of his things behind because he is sure that he will go back there, but it seems like he does not really need to get back there. Maybe he will go back, just to take the remaining of his belonging and maybe he could sell the apartment.

“I just want to see it.” Chanyeol said with a grin.

“Hyunnie!” Before Baekhyun could say anything, someone suddenly calls Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turns to the stairs and could see his elegance Mom walks down the stairs, wearing a one piece dress. He stands up. “Omma…” Chanyeol also stands up.

“What a nice surprise.” Mrs. Byun said and she walks to Baekhyun and hug him.

Baekhyun replies the hug. Then, they loosen the hug and he turns to the stairs, he could see his Appa also walking down the stairs. “Appa…”

“Hey, Hyunnie. Long time no see.” Mr. Byun said.

Baekhyun walks to his Appa and hugs him. “Yes…”

“We are sorry that we are kind of too busy to at least call you, Hyunnie.” Mr. Byun said, reply the hug.

“It’s okay. I understand.” Baekhyun said and loosen the hug.

“So… Who is this?” Mrs. Byun asked and looks at Chanyeol.

“Anyeonghaseyo. I am Park Chanyeol, Hyunnie’s boyfriend.” Chanyeol said and bows to her.

“Oh…” Mrs. Byun turns to Baekhyun who is walking over to them. “What about Sehun?” She asked.

“Something happen, Omma.” Baekhyun said.

“Aigoo… Did he cheats on you?” Mrs. Byun asked.

“Not really.” Baekhyun shook his head. “We just… walk on different path.”

“I see.” Mrs. Byun said.

Mr. Byun looks at Chanyeol. “Are not you are too old for our Hyunnie?” He asked.

“Eh?” Chanyeol kind of surprise and he looks at Mr. Byun. “mmm… Yes… But, I do love him with all my heart. Age does not count, Mr. Byun.”

“Yes, Appa. I love him and I am way happier when I am with him.” Baekhyun said.

Mr. Byun did not say anything and just sit at the armchair. Mrs. Byun takes the seat in front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Chanyeol also sit down at their sofa earlier.

“So… Since you are older, I guess you must be working now, right?” Mr. Byun asked.

“Yes.” Chanyeol nods. “I have some kind of business in Korea, China, Japan and some times at the States too.”

“Your own business?” Mrs. Byun asked.

“Yes.” Chanyeol nods.

“What is the name of the company? What do you do?” Mr. Byun asked.

“mmm…” Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun. He does not know what should he say.

“Look here, Mr. Chanyeol. If you want to date my son, you should be able to answer that. Don’t tell me you date my son just because of us, our money and fame.” Mr. Byun said.

“Appa, Yeollie is not like that.” Baekhyun said.

“You can’t be so sure, Hyunnie.” Mr. Byun said.

“I know Yeollie, Appa. He is not after me for our money. In fact, I might be the one who actually after him for his money.” Baekhyun said.

“Then, you are quite rich.” Mrs. Byun said.

“I can’t say what kind of business that I am handling, but what I can say is, I never chase Hyunnie for his money. I have a lot of it already.” Chanyeol said.

Mr. Byun forms a smirk. “Really?”

“Yes.” Chanyeol nods.

“That is great to hear.” Mr. Byun said.

The Ahjuma comes with another maid, each hold one tray. The Ahjuma is holding the tray with a hot tea while another maid holds a tary with couple pieces of cake.

“You don’t need to worry, Mr. and Mrs. Byun, I love Hyunnie so much and I never ask anything from him except just love.” Chanyeol said and he holds Baekhyun’s hand tightly.

“Woah~ So sweet.” Mrs. Byun said.

Baekhyun forms a smile and he leans his body on Chanyeol. “Right, Omma.”

The Ahjuma left after serves the cake and the tea. Then, the four go back to look at each other.

“So, what bring you here, Hyunnie? Did you just come here to introduce us to your boyfriend?” Mr. Byun asked.

“mmm… Not really.” Baekhyun said. He holds tight to Chanyeol’s hand and Chanyeol also did the same. “I want to ask both of you something.”

“What it is?” Mr. Byun asked.

Baekhyun looks down, takes a deep breath before he looks back at his parent. “Omma… Appa… Who is my real parent?” Mr. and Mrs. Byun surprise and their faces change. “I just found out that I am adopted…”

“Hyunnie…” Mrs. Byun calls his name. “What are you talking about? You are our son.”

“Please don’t lie, Omma. I know the truth already.” Baekhyun said.

Mr. Byun sighs. “I guess… maybe it is time for us to let you know the truth, Hyunnie.”

“Yeobo…” Mrs. Byun looks at her husband.

“He has the right to know. We already agree to tell him when he grows up. He is already all grown up now.” Mr. Byun said.

“But…”

“Omma… Jaebal.” Baekhyun said. “Just tell me the truth. Where is my real parent?” He asked. Mrs. Byun looks at Baekhyun before she looks down. She could not face Baekhyun now.

“Appa.” Baekhyun turns to his Appa since his Omma did not say anything.

Mr. Byun sighs again. “It is a long story, Hyunnie.”

“I am here to know this long story, Appa. So, just spill it.” Baekhyun said.

Mr. Byun nods. “Okay…” He looks at his wife. “It starts 25 years ago, Hyunnie.” He said. “I know your Omma 25 years ago. At that time, we just open up our business and your Omma is our first maid. But, your Omma knows her since before that. She is your Omma’s best friend.”

Baekhyun turns to his Omma. “Omma…”

Mrs. Byun lifts her face. “Yes, Hyunnie.” She nods. “She is my best friend. We went to the college together. Well, we just met at the college, but both of us were the Scholarship student. I learned that she is from Busan and she comes from a poor family. The same as me, I also poor back then, Hyunnie.”

“Then?” Baekhyun asked.

“On our second year at college, she needs to drop out because her father gets sick. I was so sad back then because we always together and she just need to leave. I thought, I will never see her again, but after I graduate and 25 years ago, when you’re Appa and I just start open up our business, she comes back to Seoul, looking for me and ask for my help to give her work. She needs money for her father’s hospital bill.” Mrs. Byun said.

“At that time, we just start our business, Hyunnie and we don’t have any position open at the company.” Mr. Byun said. “So, she begs us to at least take her in as a maid, we agree and she works for us.”

“She is a hardworking woman, Hyunnie. She works hard, taking care of the house, make sure everything is well organize and she is the best chef I have ever met. She is so great in cooking.” Mrs. Byun said.

“Then? What happen?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well… She works for us for a year until she needs to go back to Busan… her Appa passed away.” Mrs. Byun said.

“Huh…” Baekhyun’s eyes gather tears.

“After that, she never comes back. She did not even call us. We were so worried and we went to look for her at Busan, but her neighbor told us that she got married and left the neighborhood.” Mrs. Byun said.

“We also heard that her husband does not really have a stable job too.” Mr. Byun said. “We tried to look for them, Hyunnie. We tried. We want to take they to Seoul and they can wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter