Unlocking

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol reluctantly entered his office in Seoul two mornings later, with Jongin and Sehun already at his heels.
 

“Hyung, thank God you’re back!” Jongin greeted in relief as Chanyeol looked at him warily, taking off his coat. 
 

Sehun shot him a warning look that Jongin calmed down a little. 
 

“Um… we’re sorry to hear about your childhood home…” Jongin resumed in a wistful voice, looking discomfited.
 

Chanyeol sank down on his chair with a sigh.  He had returned to his own house with his uncle, to find his dongseang and mother also there.  His mother had seemed more prepared than him about the demolition of the house his late alpha had built.  He had broken down in Baekhyun’s and Minseok’s arms for a long hour, trying to release all the pain and suffering that he had harbored the past thirteen years. 
 

Only he was the one who hadn’t been able to move on. 
 

Baekhyun had offered no more explanation, as he felt it would only be futile at the time.  He had allowed his son to grieve for all he lost—the trust in his father, the home he loved, the world he had known, and thought was in full control of. 
 

As his tears had subsided, Chanyeol asked about his omega.
 

“He hasn’t come home here, adul,” Baekhyun had informed him sadly.  “Kyungsoo is living with his parents in the meantime.”
 

Chanyeol blinked back to the present as he heard Sehun say: “I assure you that Kyungsoo and Yifan had done everything they could to delay the destruction of that area, only… previous transactions had us overpowered…”
 

“How is…” Chanyeol hesitated, couldn’t look at both of them.  “How is Kyungsoo?”
 

“He’s…” Jongin stalled in caution, agreeing with Sehun’s silent instruction.  “He’s doing fine, hyung.  Don’t worry.”  He cleared his throat and presented him with contracts that had been pending for Chanyeol’s signature.  “These would need looking over.” 
 

Chanyeol only nodded forlornly, taking the paperwork.
 

“But take your time,” Jongin added hastily, seeing the distress still in his friend.  He had been holding off calling him, understanding that Chanyeol needed his space, especially for business decisions.  But Jongin could not deny feeling more at ease that the president of L-1485 Builders was now back on board because the company could fall astray without their leader. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter