[In]Security

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul smiled politely as he led the new president of KRIS Enterprises to his office, opening the massive mahogany doors for him.

 

Kyungsoo entered the spacious office tentatively, swallowing as the grand view of the Seoul skyline lit up the entire room. He remembered visiting his father every so often when he was younger, before he studied in Paris, and felt an incredible pride that he would one day step in and take over this empire that was his from the very beginning.

 

He just didn’t think it would be this soon.

 

Somehow, this ownership of responsibility now felt alien to him… as if this destiny was meant for another person.

 

Kyungsoo blinked when Heechul cleared his throat softly. He almost forgot that he wasn’t alone.

 

“Sajang-nim…” (Mr. President, CEO)

 

Kyungsoo flinched. “Please, Heechul-ssi. Just… Kyungsoo.”

 

Heechul’s cheeks reddened and apologized profusely, to which Kyungsoo deflected and merely motioned for him to continue. “Kyungsoo-ssi, there are a few urgent contracts that your father needed to sign and approve of, especially the one for Gwanak District—”

 

Kyungsoo’s breath hitched. “Yes, about that.” He went behind his father’s glass desk and scanned the contracts carefully laid out until he found what he was looking for. Sure enough, the land area concerned involved his art school and his alpha’s childhood home. “Can you briefly orient me on what this is about?”

 

Heechul immediately straightened his spectacles and opened his digital organizer for the notes on the stipulations. “It is the latest property acquisition of KRIS Enterprises in order to built high-rise condominiums in the area. However, this contract entails doubling what the last bidder was offering for it.”

 

Kyungsoo glanced up at the older omega in inquisition. “Double? How much is the last bidder offering?”

 

“60 billion won.”

 

His mouth dropped. “So we would offer 120 billion for the land area? Do we have the money?”

 

Heechul nodded affirmatively, giving the heir a folder containing the latest financial report. “We have allotted about 50% of the company’s assets for such acquisition projects, Sajang—” His voice trailed off when Kyungsoo glanced up at him again. “I mean, Kyungsoo-ssi.”

 

“Kamsa-hamnida,” Kyungsoo weakly told him, his head reeling from glancing at the exponential figures and numbers on the page.  It needed a thorough and educated review.  He didn’t want to make a mistake and let the company down on his first day...

 

Moreover, he needed to protect the art school and Chanyeol’s childhood home and his family at all cost, especially that he was now in the position to do so.

 

How he wished his father was right beside him to give advice. As brash and aggressive as Yifan might come across, he would know exactly what to do.

 

Suddenly feeling drained, Kyungsoo realized he needed to get to work. “I will study this contract first, if you don’t mind.”

 

Heechul nodded and bowed low, taking the hint. “If there is anything else that you need, please do not hesitate to call.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded back politely. Just as his father’s secretary was turning to leave, he had the impulse to ask: “Heechul-ssi?”

 

“De, Kyungsoo-ssi?”

 

“Who is the bidder we are up against?”

 

Heechul looked uncertain for a moment, but the older omega had always been honest. He was one of the people his father had trusted over the years. “This person has been working anonymously for the last couple of months, preventing KRIS Enterprises from buying the land off. Even with our inexhaustible efforts, his details have remained untraceable. The bidder has employed Sehun, though, for the legalities.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “Sehun hyung?”

 

Heechul nodded. “Do you have questions for him?” He switched on his digital organizer again, browsing through his calendar. “Should I set up an appointment?”

 

“Uh, no need. I can discuss it with him personally if I need to.” Kyungsoo’s mind began to spin like clockwork. Granted that lawyers had the right not to disclose their clients and their identities, but how come he felt like there were several layers of his too-close-for-comfort connection with this case that were unraveling at the same time?

 

Could it be that… the bidder was Chanyeol?

 

He was buying the land for what?

 

Was his alpha fighting Yifan, even against this?

 

Heechul looked on at the young heir’s worried expression, as Kyungsoo stared off into space. “Is… there anything I can assist you with?”

 

Kyungsoo returned to his senses and shook his head. “Kamsa-hamnida, Heechul-ssi.” And he heaved a huge sigh of relief as Heechul softly closed the doors behind him when he left, finally.

 

He glanced at the contract again, Gwanak and 120 billion won leaping off the page and glaring at him. He just had to affix his signature on the dotted line below and the land would belong to KRIS Enterprises…

 

Unless the bidder would make a counter-offer even bigger than that.

 

He had to concentrate.

 

If he approved of the amount to be dispensed for the land acquisition, Kyungsoo could instruct that the art school and Chanyeol’s childhood home be left alone in the meantime, and he would ensure that evacuation of the locals living in the vicinity be smooth and gradual.

 

All would be well, he whispered to himself, as his decision to approve and sign the contract began to feel more and more sound.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter