Shameless

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa…” Kyungsoo called, but no voice came out.
 

But it was as if Yifan didn’t even see him.  His father’s eyes were only on his alpha, directing that same deathly glare on Chanyeol that Kyungsoo had last witnessed two months ago.      
 

And just like that, Yifan walked away, surrounded by his mob of security people, disappearing inside the entrance of the grand ballroom.
 

Chanyeol turned back to look at his petrified omega, now staring after his father in sheer disbelief.  “Kyungja?”
 

“Mr. Chanyeol,” the concierge gently interrupted.  “The tournament is about to start.”
 

“Give me just a minute,” Chanyeol requested, squeezing Kyungsoo’s cold hands.  “Jagiya,” he whispered desperately, taking him in his arms.  “I had no idea your father was going to be here, I swear!”
 

Kyungsoo didn’t know what to believe, as he clung to his alpha.  What was his father doing here?  Kyungsoo had only told his mother that he was going to Europe with Chanyeol for one week, but that was all.  How did Yifan manage to track them down?
 

At the airport, Kyungsoo realized in desolating dread.  His father must have been filled in with his flight details when he and Chanyeol had checked in.
 

But Yifan must have joined this tournament beforehand, just like his alpha, so this couldn’t have been coincidental.
 

Could it?
 

Chanyeol took the smaller one’s face in his hands, as Kyungsoo blinked back his tears.  “Everything’s going to be fine.  I’ll protect you.”
 

The concierge looked away, shifting his weight between his feet in discomfiture.  He couldn’t understand what they were saying but he pitied the upset omega, whom the alpha wanted to continue comforting. 
 

“G-Go,” Kyungsoo told him shakily, gulping as more and more people were entering the ballroom.  The clock was about to strike eight.  “Y-You might get disqualified.”
 

“I don’t care,” Chanyeol fervently protested.  “I don’t want to leave you alone.”
 

“Appa compromised, remember?” Kyungsoo reminded him, a couple of tears streaming down his cheeks.  “We even signed that damn contract!”
 

Chanyeol brushed them away quickly, struggling not to give in to his resolve.  He so much wanted to shelter Kyungsoo and stay by his side, especially right now, when his omega could be taken away from him any moment.  “How sure are you that your father will honor that?”
 

“He could have broken it anytime, when we were all in Seoul, but he hadn’t,” Kyungsoo insisted, showing his alpha the bravest façade that he could muster.  The very purpose of Chanyeol’s trip here was to play poker, and from what Kyungsoo understood, his alpha had invested the last few years in building a respected reputation in these tournaments, in his young age, to reach this milestone and sustain it. 
 

Winning in them was Chanyeol’s most favorite thing in the world. 
 

Kyungsoo wouldn’t forgive himself if Chanyeol forfeited because of him.
 

“You can protect me by going in there and competing the way you always have.  Because you never lose.”  Kyungsoo looked into his eyes meaningfully.  “You can’t lose now.”
 

Chanyeol began to shake his head, as Kyungsoo started to retreat.  “Aniya, jagiya…”
 

“My father can’t do anything to us,” Kyungsoo attempted one more time, his lower lip trembling.  “Show him that we’re not afraid of him.”
 

Suddenly, the last words that his father had ever uttered to him drifted at the back of his mind. “Mark my words, Kyungsoo-yah, you are sadly mistaken if you think you would ever be happy with him.”
 

For a second there, Kyungsoo almost believed that Yifan might be right.
 

Kyungsoo tried a smile as he stepped inside the elevator a doorman was holding for him.  “Break a wrist,” he whispered, waving at his alpha.
 

Chanyeol blinked in stupefaction, as if Kyungsoo had just…
 

Slapped him.
 

“Mr… Chanyeol?” the concierge called tentatively.  
 

Chanyeol cleared his throat and straightened his coat, exhaling deeply.  He turned and nodded, following the concierge into the designated venue.
 

Once inside, The Kid kept his eyes and ears peeled.  There must have been about 200 participants who had f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter